Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its amazing how she can be so rich yet relatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Snooze Cruise posted:

That'd be a good idea for a song.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Eddie Murphy was the best Richard Simmons.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This looks like it's Lopez making an extended music video for her new album of the same name. So expect Moonwalker, but with less Joe Pesci.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Snooze Cruise posted:

hey don't be fooled by her bags of diamonds

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

thrawn527 posted:

This looks like it's Lopez making an extended music video for her new album of the same name. So expect Moonwalker, but with less Joe Pesci.

But, somehow, more awesome stop-motion claymation!!!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

This looks insane.

Kinda wanna see it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 59 minutes!
J Lo obviously riding the coattails of Neil Breen's I Am Here... Now

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This thread is getting me curious about Moonwalker now...Joe pesci and stop motion animation?!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Martman posted:

J Lo obviously riding the coattails of Neil Breen's I Am Here... Now

That's like the only thing I could think about when I saw that title.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8MF3vl0U_o

Pauly Shore as Richard Simmons in "The Court Jester."

https://www.facebook.com/TheWeightSaint/posts/pfbid0rSCFihDF258PbQxYQWgiSrYtT9YuFgpRPmByTzdcGVHvcwTBiatuTfQQ8cJrEU2l

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i will never forget the time pauly shore called the hosts of my favorite podcast a gay slur

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
J Lo Presents: Jupiter Ascending

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
She should have had Leos Carax make it

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I don't really know much about Simmons past his appearances on late night talkshows and parodies, so I started reading his wiki page, apparently he suddenly, totally withdrew from the public eye in 2014, and despite efforts to reach him, just wants to be left alone?

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

davidspackage posted:

I don't really know much about Simmons past his appearances on late night talkshows and parodies, so I started reading his wiki page, apparently he suddenly, totally withdrew from the public eye in 2014, and despite efforts to reach him, just wants to be left alone?

wow! sounds like some real dramatic and private personal decisions... can't wait to see it in the biopic!!!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF_J3-DmiS0

There will not be a dry seat in the theatre

I don't know what the lesbian equivalent is for a bear and an otter relationship. I am gonna say it's an eagle and a squirrel

Bear might not be right that's a chunky guy, what's the word for a hunk?

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 18, 2024

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

jock

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Chadzok posted:

wow! sounds like some real dramatic and private personal decisions... can't wait to see it in the biopic!!!

Don't worry, in the meantime you can listen to the heavily-advertised, highly-produced, in-depth podcast series where some guy tries to track him down and ask him why he decided to lead such a private life.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

:thumbsup:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

This has gotta be like an album release movie/feature length music video right?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

bows1 posted:

Yes, that's exactly what it is. She has an album of the same name coming out in February.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

davidspackage posted:

That's my understanding. Someone tracked him down because people thought it was an elder abuse situation and he was basically "I'm fine, I just don't want to be a public figure any more." Which is totally fair for someone in his 70s. Nowadays people just don't accept that a celebrity might want to retire in their old age.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

That's my understanding. Someone tracked him down because people thought it was an elder abuse situation and he was basically "I'm fine, I just don't want to be a public figure any more." Which is totally fair for someone in his 70s. Nowadays people just don't accept that a celebrity might want to retire in their old age.

Especially when everyone wants you to wear a loving leotard all the time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

bows1 posted:

She saw Lemonade and thought that could be me, that should be me

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

thrawn527 posted:

Yes, that's exactly what it is. She has an album of the same name coming out in February.

right on, that rocks then. More people should make batshit video work

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
A host on a cooking podcast I listen to said they went to a Pauly Shore standup and he spent the whole thing talking about how depressed he was and how his career is in the toilet

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
He ain't gonna save it with a self-serious film about how sad it is to be a performer

The way you get respect as comedian is to ace serious/lightly comedic character role parts not this the day the clown cried stuff

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
A very funny thing about JLo is that she’s a strong actress, but not even the best singer in her own family and yet we’re more than 20 years into a diva career.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Just caught up with this thread, are we still posting best trailers of all time? If so, I would say this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI054ow6KJk

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Pauly Shore Richard Simmons short is out now and I don't know about anyone else but I'm not bothering with it. Especially after Simmons broke his silence to say that he doesn't approve/authorize this portrayal. Also apparently this is just something that the director does because he made pretty much the exact same thing in 2021 just with Robin Williams.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What’s funny about that 9 min short is they set up this pathetic man who no one recognizes even though he’s been working there for seven years

But yet he walks in front of the loving camera

Um excuse me lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

muscles like this! posted:

The Pauly Shore Richard Simmons short is out now and I don't know about anyone else but I'm not bothering with it. Especially after Simmons broke his silence to say that he doesn't approve/authorize this portrayal. Also apparently this is just something that the director does because he made pretty much the exact same thing in 2021 just with Robin Williams.

Who would have the temerity

the chutzpah

to impersonate Robin Williams

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is there a word for when advertising is so saturated that it generates resentment towards the thing it's advertising? I swear I've been seeing this Bob Marley biopic trailer for like half a year now and I'm just so goddamn tired of it.

Edit: Just to not be completely negative, the madmen behind Loving Vincent did it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1in2FMBKmo

I liked the plot of Loving Vincent more than most, it seems, but watching a film where every frame is an oil painting sure was a sight.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 21, 2024

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

The Peasants are spectacular and the plot is based on a novel by a Nobel laureate. It truly is a fine movie, miles better than Loving Vincent.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
gently caress me that novel was a bore. I literally couldn't get through it without my attention wandering away every two paragraphs.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

GrandpaPants posted:

Is there a word for when advertising is so saturated that it generates resentment towards the thing it's advertising?

Wish advertising here in Italy was so dense, people actively hated the movie, even disney adults publicly stated on socials that they won't go see it. The fact that the movie was also bad didn't help their case.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

Is there a word for when advertising is so saturated that it generates resentment towards the thing it's advertising? I swear I've been seeing this Bob Marley biopic trailer for like half a year now and I'm just so goddamn tired of it.

This but for the new Planet of the Apes movie. They show the trailer for that in front of everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GrandpaPants posted:

".................peace :q: :420: "