Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sy Borg
Sep 20, 2007

Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I thought it was a Zip drive or something :negative:

It looked like a shot timer to me at first glance.

Edit - Dumb snip, no purchases. Sorry!

Sy Borg has a new favorite as of 16:32 on Jan 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Some oil for my mega-beetle

this is only enough for one service

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Was it cheaper to buy the 1L bottles for some reason?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

It’s only sold in 1L bottles unfortunately. For all my other cars I buy the large 5L jugs or the 12L if available and then use them across multiple vehicles.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Imperador do Brasil posted:

It’s only sold in 1L bottles unfortunately. For all my other cars I buy the large 5L jugs or the 12L if available and then use them across multiple vehicles.
that's unfortunate

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Got a Fjällräven Tab Hat for Christmas and it's cold enough to wear it today.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I got a mill! I’m really excited for it to get here.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

NewFatMike posted:

I got a mill! I’m really excited for it to get here.

I really don't see how that's going to make good flour at all.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It makes very sharp and crunchy flower.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Got my 1989 Simpsons pins today.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

TheMadMilkman posted:

I’ve wanted one for years and was finally in the position to comfortably purchase a new car. So I did.

Beautiful… I’ve always kinda wanted one too.

Any cool options? Ballpark price range? Maybe it’s not the thread for it, idk.

Either way congrats!

For content: I just bought a 14900k motherboard/cpu/32gb of ram bundle from microcenter… happy with it now but ask me again in summertime lol

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

UwUnabomber posted:

Got my 1989 Simpsons pins today.

You got a Boynton badge!

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Dick Trauma posted:

You got a Boynton badge!

Found that at a scrap art supply store last week.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Android Apocalypse posted:

Got a Fjällräven Tab Hat for Christmas and it's cold enough to wear it today.

Nice! I had to buy some Fjällräven stuff last January in Norway when my down jacket decided to no longer zip up and it's really great quality.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

namlosh posted:

Beautiful… I’ve always kinda wanted one too.

Any cool options? Ballpark price range? Maybe it’s not the thread for it, idk.

Either way congrats!

For content: I just bought a 14900k motherboard/cpu/32gb of ram bundle from microcenter… happy with it now but ask me again in summertime lol

It's a base Offroad with the upgraded stereo and I'm having the Predator tube steps put on so that my average-height wife can get in. I did the 10-year warranty. $51,500 total after taxes and fees.

I'll eventually put stiffer shocks and better tires on it, but I don't intend to go hog wild. It's hard to live in Utah and not want to have some sort of offroad-capable vehicle, though.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
A new piece of "art", this time a water color and pen piece that was probably someone's class assignment

And it looks like they did well

Of course, FedEx and the moron that packed it led to this. Thanks for the box of broken glass!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the 4runner current gen is one of the best looking suvs which is funny because they have barely changed the design in like 10 years. i think it has had a facelift in that time

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Some boots

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

£350 worth of parts & labour as my combi boiler decided to crap out & spring a leak. No heating or hot water for the coldest weekend of the year so far. All sorted now.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

I'm on a run lately with sick shirts. I got this for $7 at the thrift store.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
for myself

for the wife

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

My wife recently suggested I switch to these after I lost Yet Another Nalgene because I like ice cold water 9 months out of the year and cold water during the winter. It's so nice, and we go through a quarter of the ice we used to. I got the flip-top one because I hate those pointy straws and the top handle to make it easier to carry around. So nice. No more soaking wet bottle from condensation, cold all day, fits in my Z4's cup holder, etc. We have 3 of them now we rotate through sharing so that one can always be clean when we need a new one.

This but 3 different regular plain colors and not "limited edition" or whatever stupidity they're saying here:
https://www.stanley1913.com/products/winterscape-iceflow%E2%84%A2-flip-straw-tumbler-30-oz

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
The part I don't understand with the new Stanley craze is that yeti and all the knockoffs already solved all those problems years ago. I'm just put off by how big and bulky they are, they're the SUVs/F150s of the cup world. I can barely get my smaller bottle in the cup holder of the car when my wife puts hers in and if I move my arms around I hit it since it's so tall.

Yes, I'm yelling at a cloud and no, I won't stop.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
but think of all the ice savings !

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

TraderStav posted:

The part I don't understand with the new Stanley craze is that yeti and all the knockoffs already solved all those problems years ago. I'm just put off by how big and bulky they are, they're the SUVs/F150s of the cup world. I can barely get my smaller bottle in the cup holder of the car when my wife puts hers in and if I move my arms around I hit it since it's so tall.

Yes, I'm yelling at a cloud and no, I won't stop.

It's because they're the current "thing"

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

but think of all the ice savings !

Our icemaker is really small and it means more water per fill, fewer trips, etc. It's not craze for me as it were it was a huge upgrade. I haven't looked at the yeti line, hadn't considered it. I go through 4-6 of these a day. Means I don't run out of ice. Means I'm not dripping water constantly.

TraderStav posted:

Fits fine in my priusv, civic, and z4. (oh, and my buddies 96ish Tacoma.) Great to be able to leave one in the car while you go do something outdoors and hot with the second and come back to ice cold water.

Get whichever brand has the form factor you like. This specific one is basically ideal for my needs.

The dishwasher is currently etching the paint off which is hilarious.

H110Hawk has a new favorite as of 19:04 on Jan 20, 2024

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Slimy Hog posted:

It's because they're the current "thing"

Yeah, just a big marketing push for Stanley classic thermoses to go viral last year and this is just following from that. I bought my first Hydroflask double walled bottle in like 2011, but I think Kleen Kanteen was doing them even before then. Still have tbat hydroflask too, couple of dents but going strong.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i have an adapter for my hydroflask to fit in my car's cup holder

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

i have an adapter for my hydroflask to fit in my car's cup holder

I have an adapter on my truck to fit my Nalgene 32oz.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Project Farm has a couple videos where he tests insulation spill/fall resistance etc of different vacuum tumblers. I’ve had Iron Flasks and Bubbas for years and vacuum tumblers are amazing. I also got a cup holder expander so I can keep a 32oz Iron Flask in it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bought a Corkcicle one because it's the Mandalorian and functionally they're all the same.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Aphrodite posted:

I bought a Corkcicle one because it's the Mandalorian and functionally they're all the same.

Name brand ones have an additional ability of disappearing at work.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Someone, post your favorite mop-vac or mop-vac compatible thread

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

H110Hawk posted:

My wife recently suggested I switch to these after I lost Yet Another Nalgene because I like ice cold water 9 months out of the year and cold water during the winter. It's so nice, and we go through a quarter of the ice we used to. I got the flip-top one because I hate those pointy straws and the top handle to make it easier to carry around. So nice. No more soaking wet bottle from condensation, cold all day, fits in my Z4's cup holder, etc. We have 3 of them now we rotate through sharing so that one can always be clean when we need a new one.

This but 3 different regular plain colors and not "limited edition" or whatever stupidity they're saying here:
https://www.stanley1913.com/products/winterscape-iceflow%E2%84%A2-flip-straw-tumbler-30-oz

Happy wife happy life, as the saying goes. Cheers!

012024_2
Jan 21, 2024

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Happy wife happy life, as the saying goes. Cheers!

fuckin boomer rear end poo poo

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

fuckin boomer rear end poo poo

We say happy spouse happy house because we both do things to make each other happy. I bought a $300 frisbee. https://techdisc.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swampface
Apr 30, 2005

Soiled Meat

Brain Curry posted:

We say happy spouse happy house because we both do things to make each other happy. I bought a $300 frisbee. https://techdisc.com/

That thing needs a pitch counter, I've blistered the end of my finger a couple times trying to make numbers go up (and down).