Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Vaginaface posted:

What's the explosion at the end?

that's the breakthrough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mobby_6kl posted:

and also easy to win

Special military operation pro-tip: To defeat the T-90, shoot at it with a Bradely until it dies

https://i.imgur.com/4sUYUUs.mp4

(The vatnik crew was fine and bailed out to go live on the farm in siberia so don't worry everyone lived happily ever after, even the genocidal invaders)

Just a reminder; How old is the Bradley IFV again?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The gently caress it is. If you can find a single Finn who gets BBQ or sweet-and-sour to dip their HesNugs in, send them to me and I'll interrogate them until they admit to being a Russian desantti.

I'm going to start calling people this, literally, even though it's actually spelled DeSantis.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The gently caress it is. If you can find a single Finn who gets BBQ or sweet-and-sour to dip their HesNugs in, send them to me and I'll interrogate them until they admit to being a Russian desantti.

Oh right, we're talking about Hesburger's dip sauces specifically. That'll teach me to read the thread while half paying attention to a work thing.

In general BBQ is a very popular flavour in Finland, as is sweet chili. But now that you mention it I've never tried either flavour as a Hesburger dip sauce. Paprika or curry 4 life.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Originally from 1980 or thereabouts, unsure which variants and upgrade packages the ones in Ukraine are rocking. Taking on an MBT in one is definitely a scary prospect because the Bradley will not survive a hit from a T90's gun, but the Bushmaster is no joke. It's insanely accurate and at those ranges eventually it'll find some weak spot to punch through, doubly so if the crew of the MBT are morons who decide to turn their side to the Bradley at close ranges.

E: and the video does not show anyone dying FYI. Googling reveals that the crew of the T90 bail out at the end in the full video.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 18, 2024

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I bet that's very loud inside holy poo poo

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

They gave that T90 some of the old 25 Mike Mike

russians should have learned by now never to trust anyone with 2 first names....

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DandyLion posted:

They gave that T90 some of the old 25 Mike Mike

russians should have learned by now never to trust anyone with 2 first names....

Do the Bradleys we gave them not have the TOW launchers?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

cr0y posted:

I bet that's very loud inside holy poo poo

Yeah honestly you’d need a decent crew to stay cool and return fire or at least not panic and drive into a ditch

I’m sure the guys with a few weeks of reading the manual and no concept of taking fire can handle it

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Yeah I can't imagine being able to function coherently at all on the receiving end of 25mm fire. Just being on the shooting end of that much firepower can scramble your brains pretty good, much less being inside a steel box getting pounded by all that kinetic energy.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

why fire a TOW when you already know you got a kill

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Oh they do, there's an interview with a Ukrainian Bradley crew and they show them.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

The whole engagement is pretty crazy. That t-90 takes a beating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sB943eRENs&t=465s

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1747897831589884311#m

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

The tank crew are enjoying a bottle of victory wine to celebrate their win

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

The whole engagement is pretty crazy. That t-90 takes a beating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sB943eRENs&t=465s

But it has a cope cage and everything, how can it lose?!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Originally from 1980 or thereabouts

The T-90 is from the 70s :smuggo:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1748004453104357811#m
Mr Pickles got handed down his fate today. A little under 5 years in the Gulag.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1748011508494119254#m
Crimea Holds! albeit without power now.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1748004453104357811#m
Mr Pickles got handed down his fate today. A little under 5 years in the Gulag.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1748011508494119254#m
Crimea Holds! albeit without power now.

Ukraine should stop their war crimes of attacking Russia's civilian infrastructure.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Maybe I'm not seeing the right footage, but it looks like it is still functional when the video ends? If those are gas cans at the end and not an ammo explosion, what evidence do we have that it was a kill?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Vaginaface posted:

Maybe I'm not seeing the right footage, but it looks like it is still functional when the video ends? If those are gas cans at the end and not an ammo explosion, what evidence do we have that it was a kill?

Shortly after it was destroyed by an FPV drone after the crew bailed out

Burns
May 10, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

Ukraine should stop their war crimes of attacking Russia's civilian infrastructure.

I dunno, seems more like revenge being a dish served cold etc.

Pedicabo ego et cognosce.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm currently living in Latvia, so what I'm hearing is I need to try one of these Hesburger places I keep seeing everywhere?

It's just a burger chain tbqh

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Vaginaface posted:

This footage, from the left of the engagement with clear video of the smoke grenades cooking off, came out later. There's another angle from the right that goes longer; after the cookoff it's lit up from the side for a while, the turret enters what looks to be uncontrolled rotation to the left, it slowly drives into a tree also seemingly uncontrolled and several crew are seen bailing out. Those clips have cuts so it's not entirely clear what order they happened in (it might be hard to bail out while the turret is rotating).

And then there's footage of a drone destroying the abandoned immobile tank as others have noted. That T-90 is definitely dead. The crew is only probably dead.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
UA: knock knock
RU: who's there?
UA: Brad
RU: Brad who?
UA: knockknockknocknockknockknock

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

weg posted:

:discourse:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

weg posted:

:golfclap:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Russians are complaining about the quality of the kamikaze drones on the front and raising the alarm that in at most some more months, what drones they have will be useless because of EW jamming and poor innovation.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Burns posted:

I dunno, seems more like revenge being a dish served cold etc.

Pedicabo ego et cognosce.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo :agesilaus:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

zone posted:

Russians are complaining about the quality of the kamikaze drones on the front and raising the alarm that in at most some more months, what drones they have will be useless because of EW jamming and poor innovation.

what Russian Industrial Apparatus™ doing

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
They can't say what the next war will be fought with, but they are fighting this one with poo poo and sticks.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

. Taking on an MBT in one is definitely a scary prospect because the Bradley will not survive a hit from a T90's gun, but the Bushmaster is no joke. It's insanely accurate and at those ranges eventually it'll find some weak spot to punch through.
Bradley gunners try to aim at the optics of tanks.

Maybe the engagement range is too short for the TOW to arm?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

bad_fmr posted:

Reported for bl...

er, lust anyway

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

bad_fmr posted:

what do pedicabs have to do with this

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Somewhere in Russia smoke rises above a T-14 Armata. Have its engines miraculously sprung to life? Electronics replaced with magic and wishes? Its endless problems resolved? No! But burning the hardware and grifting the budget have been proving successful at keeping the heat going in the winter.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Budzilla posted:

Maybe the engagement range is too short for the TOW to arm?

These two things are correct along with other facts. If you can button the tank with fire, you can force the tank to stop, while also possibly disabling its optics and defenses. This can allow a follow-up with a TOW.

Opening with a TOW can result in a miss or possibly setting off any protection measures (smoke launchers, ERA, dazzlers, turret aligners, etc.).

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
That’s not how it worked in BF2 you always started with the TOW there

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
While we are on the topic, shame on the UA army for not providing its soldiers with critical training on the known effective tactic of dolphin diving

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Budzilla posted:

Yeah makes sense. With the fire rate and the accuracy (and the advanced aiming systems that stabilize the gun insanely) I'm sure you can just blind a tank in no time flat. And then mess up the tracks.

I'm sure it probably loving SUCKS to sit inside a tank that's getting peppered with 200 25mm rounds a minute, setting off the ERA packs (well, assuming your commanding officer didn't fund his dacha with them), loving up the optics, just hammering the steel hull constantly. Maybe you were told that the rounds are unlikely to penetrate your tank, but how much do you want to trust that? Do you even remember that? And his buddy is firing at your engine, your sides.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah makes sense. With the fire rate and the accuracy (and the advanced aiming systems that stabilize the gun insanely) I'm sure you can just blind a tank in no time flat. And then mess up the tracks.

I'm sure it probably loving SUCKS to sit inside a tank that's getting peppered with 200 25mm rounds a minute, setting off the ERA packs (well, assuming your commanding officer didn't fund his dacha with them), loving up the optics, just hammering the steel hull constantly. Maybe you were told that the rounds are unlikely to penetrate your tank, but how much do you want to trust that? Do you even remember that? And his buddy is firing at your engine, your sides.

Like heli when encountering small arms fire from below, I don't think even the professional tank crews want to stick around to see if their opponent finds somethings that does penetrate the armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Der Kyhe posted:

Like heli when encountering small arms fire from below, I don't think even the professional tank crews want to stick around to see if their opponent finds somethings that does penetrate the armor.

Yeah exactly. Like yeah maybe it's a 1 in a 1000 shot, but do you want to take the chance, when that 1 in a 1000 shot means your death?