Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Fishstick posted:

It's stupid that it requires an account now, but it's also like 5 minutes of :effort: with a temporary email that you set up once during install and then never have to touch again. GFE doesn't need to be running for shadowplay to work since it's a seperate service. You can block/prevent GFE from starting and check that the overlay is still working, and you can access shadowplay settings from there as well without the need for GFE.

Or instead of enabling their bullshit, use one of the free alternatives instead. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Amazing it's finally being implemented. The trailer for Vermintide 2's PvP mode came out in 2019. Better late than never I guess.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

isndl posted:

Or instead of enabling their bullshit, use one of the free alternatives instead. :shrug:

vote with your already spent dollars, I always say

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I got a cool sword!!

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Sharkopath posted:

I got a cool sword!!

You gotta make the chain noises a capella every time you swing with this winner of a weapon

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

We finished HISTG Damnation with no deaths and the Emperor gave me a purple. Come on, bro.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I finish a high intensity auric damnation butt-clencher from start to finish with 3 scriptures and I get a gold ax.
t:mad:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Do scriptures/grimoires give you a higher chance of getting really good curios or something?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Potato Salad posted:

Do scriptures/grimoires give you a higher chance of getting really good curios or something?

Not in the least, it’s a bunch of extra effort for zero meaningful reward.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

isndl posted:

If you paid for GFE you're getting it from the wrong place, I think

Nehru the Damaja posted:

We finished HISTG Damnation with no deaths and the Emperor gave me a purple. Come on, bro.

They really should have a Red weapon equivalent already at this stage. Make using perks less painful (stop rolling level 350+ weapons with tier 2 perks thanks) and maybe as a dump for Diamantine finally, and as a reward for aurics/HISTG Dams

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jan 16, 2024

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Potato Salad posted:

You get a nice chunk of ordo dockets for getting them and experience when experience still matters (before 30); supposedly they increase the rarity of the post-mission reward and the sample size is so low and damnation finishes guarantee a purple or better anyways that it fundamentally doesn't matter.

Still pick up those books for the grimperor though

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's kinda sad how few unique skins there are for weapons outside of the dlc cosmetics. The illusion skins for VT2 were cool.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
The inversely proportional difficulty vs competency scale between Malice and Damnation is real, wow. I got a little frustrated running Malice missions that always ended with everyone split up and dead, so I hopped into my first Damnation mission last night and sailed all the way through even with hunting grounds on. We had a shouty zealot, an assassin zealot, and the commissar Vet helping my large handsome gun lugger Ogryn with barely a hitch even though I had something stupid like a 400 power krourk and a 380 power knife. 10/10 would run missions with those cats again.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

yeah truly I can't stop touching the pubstove because I'm high and listening to a podcast so I feel like I'd be a drag on a damnation team, but then I play heresy and I'm always the protagonist trying to drag 3 absolute lemmings kicking and screaming to extraction and only succeeding about half the time

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Empyroar rewarded my bravery with a big shiny 516 shovel so I guess I'm doing this more often! 'Tide really shines when everyone knows what they're doing and works as a team.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pharmaskittle posted:

yeah truly I can't stop touching the pubstove because I'm high and listening to a podcast so I feel like I'd be a drag on a damnation team, but then I play heresy and I'm always the protagonist trying to drag 3 absolute lemmings kicking and screaming to extraction and only succeeding about half the time

Just play Damnation. The quality of the teammates is significantly higher and far more likely to be of aid even with higher enemy health pools and larger groups. I pubstove as regularly as I play with goons and Damnation is just so much better than Heresy.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Arc Hammer posted:

It's kinda sad how few unique skins there are for weapons outside of the dlc cosmetics. The illusion skins for VT2 were cool.

Some of the newest weapon variants dont even have that one red or camo skin available, it's truly sad.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Empyroar rewarded my bravery with a big shiny 516 shovel so I guess I'm doing this more often! 'Tide really shines when everyone knows what they're doing and works as a team.

I pretty much only play with one other person and we duo pubstove Damnation exclusively with some auric dabbled in, and thats usually more than enough to carry except in HISTG. Pub quality varies wildly, but having at least one other person you know thats reliable or predictable that knows to get you out of nets or to push the burster, is a big help.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 17, 2024

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I took a break from the plasma gun tonight to try out a build I've been working on based around the Stripped Down blessing for braced autoguns. Paired with the talent that gives you +30% stamina for dodging ranged attacks, you can sprint through gunfire indefinitely. The other talents that give +10% rending and +brittleness on continuous hits give you the ability to kill crushers somewhat quickly since you can't always rely on krak grenades. The only thing I might change is swapping Skirmisher or Fully Loaded for Low Profile for some extra breathing room after leaving stealth.

So far I think the key to this build is to use the mobility to your advantage but not to overdo it. If you're sprinting up to a group of gunners and they're firing at you, you have to break line of sight or pop stealth before you stop sprinting, because otherwise you won't have time to fire a single shot before you're downed. Also if you take a melee hit from a random groaner, you'll stop sprinting and immediately eat poo poo. Other than that, it's nice to have that extra layer of mobility to make up for the short range on the braced autogun, which will absolutely shred ragers and just about everything else.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Rerolled my vet and newbs on the team mean I'll be playing level 2 missions until at least level 15 or so.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
What's a good skill tree loadout for a shield psyker? I'm still trying to wrap my head around "not an ogryn"

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Just played the new boss fight mission for the first time and it fuckin rules. Really well designed. The new content is all great, keep it coming!

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

What's a good skill tree loadout for a shield psyker? I'm still trying to wrap my head around "not an ogryn"

For bubble shield, I like to sometimes use a support setup for 'I must be able to help even the dumbest pub players to win a damnation lobby.' Smite with both upgrades, either crit aura or cooldown aura (I think I slightly prefer crit aura), both dome upgrades so it has toughness regen, then empowered psionics with 'always get a charge from elites' and three charges. Fill the rest of the tree with whatever other small passives you like, there's a few toughness fill nodes and +toughness spots near the start that could be worth grabbing. Use whatever melee weapon you are comfortable with (I would suggest devil's claw I or IV or any dueling sword), and use any ranged weapon you can reliably shoot long distances (lasguns, headhunter auto, revolver, whatever floats your boat). I focus mostly around sticking with allies, and relying mostly on smite whenever things get dangerous - use the melee weapon for proceeding through scattered enemies as you progress through rooms, but try and focus on smiting for your allies in group situations - makes it easy for them to cleave through hordes and prevents them taking chip damage from hits here or there, and can be lifesaving against 10 dense ragers or 4 dense crusher packs. Use the bubble whenever you need to protect the group from shooters or if you see the team's toughness dropping.

For wall shields, I like to use them with for gun pskyer. Get assail with piercing upgrade (can skip faster charge upgrade to save a point), critical hit aura, wall shield with both upgrades, and disrupt destiny with the longer duration upgrade and bonus for weakspots (I find they fall off far too much with marking RNG if you go for the max stack cap instead). Make sure to get mettle, perfect timing, and malefic momentum on the way through. Use any melee you like, and gun of choice that you can get headshots with. With all the critical hit upgrades and destiny stacks, just swinging your swords and using your gun stacks up a bunch of buffs that makes swapping to assail and throwing a few quick throw shards shred even through dreg and scav bruisers, and the aimed shards can be used on specials. I wouldn't just spam assail shards into every pack - I would focus on alternating between them and other weapons. You can cleave through heads or spray into crowds for big damage with destiny stacks and buffs up, and you can get some nice toughness regen from mettle. Good damage output, but weakness is lack of defenses - you are extra fast with mettle and destiny stacks, but a mistake can quickly lead to taking big damage - that's why I went with wall shields - you get 2, and they also protect you from specials, you could use the bubble if you preferred.

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jan 17, 2024

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Psyker shield goes well with almost anything, but you can always just go down the left side of the tree and run it with Purgatus. The shield keeps gunners from shooting you while you fry everything. Also, don’t forget the secret hidden bonus effect of the shield, encouraging your team to stay grouped up.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Captainicus posted:

For bubble shield, I like to sometimes use a support setup for 'I must be able to help even the dumbest pub players to win a damnation lobby.' Smite with both upgrades, either crit aura or cooldown aura (I think I slightly prefer crit aura), both dome upgrades so it has toughness regen, then empowered psionics with 'always get a charge from elites' and three charges. Fill the rest of the tree with whatever other small passives you like, there's a few toughness fill nodes and +toughness spots near the start that could be worth grabbing. Use whatever melee weapon you are comfortable with (I would suggest devil's claw I or IV or any dueling sword), and use any ranged weapon you can reliably shoot long distances (lasguns, headhunter auto, revolver, whatever floats your boat). I focus mostly around sticking with allies, and relying mostly on smite whenever things get dangerous - use the melee weapon for proceeding through scattered enemies as you progress through rooms, but try and focus on smiting for your allies in group situations - makes it easy for them to cleave through hordes and prevents them taking chip damage from hits here or there, and can be lifesaving against 10 dense ragers or 4 dense crusher packs. Use the bubble whenever you need to protect the group from shooters or if you see the team's toughness dropping.

For wall shields, I like to use them with for gun pskyer. Get assail with piercing upgrade (can skip faster charge upgrade to save a point), critical hit aura, wall shield with both upgrades, and disrupt destiny with the longer duration upgrade and bonus for weakspots (I find they fall off far too much with marking RNG if you go for the max stack cap instead). Make sure to get mettle, perfect timing, and malefic momentum on the way through. Use any melee you like, and gun of choice that you can get headshots with. With all the critical hit upgrades and destiny stacks, just swinging your swords and using your gun stacks up a bunch of buffs that makes swapping to assail and throwing a few quick throw shards shred even through dreg and scav bruisers, and the aimed shards can be used on specials. I wouldn't just spam assail shards into every pack - I would focus on alternating between them and other weapons. You can cleave through heads or spray into crowds for big damage with destiny stacks and buffs up, and you can get some nice toughness regen from mettle. Good damage output, but weakness is lack of defenses - you are extra fast with mettle and destiny stacks, but a mistake can quickly lead to taking big damage - that's why I went with wall shields - you get 2, and they also protect you from specials, you could use the bubble if you preferred.

megane posted:

Psyker shield goes well with almost anything, but you can always just go down the left side of the tree and run it with Purgatus. The shield keeps gunners from shooting you while you fry everything. Also, don’t forget the secret hidden bonus effect of the shield, encouraging your team to stay grouped up.

:tipshat:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Talorat posted:

Just played the new boss fight mission for the first time and it fuckin rules. Really well designed. The new content is all great, keep it coming!

The secret hardmode version is pretty fun too.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I've been using the Columnus V a lot. Was it always this OP? Everything except Crushers gets turned to mulch, and you can ADS with it. Makes me wonder why I ever bothered with the autopistol.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Typical Pubbie posted:

I've been using the Columnus V a lot. Was it always this OP? Everything except Crushers gets turned to mulch, and you can ADS with it. Makes me wonder why I ever bothered with the autopistol.

It got retouched some months ago and has been the mvp since pretty much. Any class that has access to rending or crit chance improvements can boost it to wild levels because of the firerate, high ammo capacity, and controllable accuracy.

If you get the brittleness on repeat hit node as Veteran you will also mulch crushers with it, for what its worth. I don't think its worth the investment since vet has access to krak but its an option.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 17, 2024

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

What's the attack pattern that you take with an Eviscerator as Zealot? I've had pretty good success spamming both lights and melee attacks in different missions, and I'm having difficulty deciding which of the two is more reliable for taking down elites or trash.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The eviscerator's heavy revved attack still cleaves rather than doing single target damage so it can be a very good opener crowd control.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i don't play these games but i constantly forget what this thread is and briefly think it's for a game about laundry detergent

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

Potato Salad posted:

What's the attack pattern that you take with an Eviscerator as Zealot? I've had pretty good success spamming both lights and melee attacks in different missions, and I'm having difficulty deciding which of the two is more reliable for taking down elites or trash.

I love the OG eviscerator. I do heavy, push attack, heavy, push, heavy etc

Just chews through hordes.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The new evis is utterly mindless: for hordes, spam light attacks. For a single target, heavies. That's it, that's the entire moveset.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

And I absolutely love it.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Zokari posted:

i don't play these games but i constantly forget what this thread is and briefly think it's for a game about laundry detergent

TIDE megathread: cleansing the world of heresy, one load at a time

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

isndl posted:

TIDE megathread: cleansing the world of heresy and rats, one load at a time

ftfy

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Evil Kit posted:

isndl posted:

TIDE megathread: cleansing the world of heresy and for the rats, one load at a time
ftfy

ftfy

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is there any list or showcase of darktide cosmetics that cause voice modulation? there is one that causes some characters to sound like Balthazar Gelt that my friend wants but the ingame store / googling / the wiki is absolutely no help in finding out which cosmetics actually change your voice.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I want one of these to make your voice higher, as though you were breathing a mixture of helium

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ma'am says ignorance is strength .... I'm very strong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

As much as I love Darktide and play it way too much, I am really looking forward to a Vermintide 3 or even Vermintide 2 remastered with the updated engine as some various polish. I hope we get it sometime sooner than 5 years from now.