Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Seems like a weird fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm offering space on my "Andy is a better coach than Bill" wagon if anyone would like to join me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

belichick on any nfc south team is a weird thought but it's a good idea for any coach to pick atlanta if harbaugh is going to get LA

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

indigi posted:

I'm offering space on my "Andy is a better coach than Bill" wagon if anyone would like to join me

I think this is a good wagon

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Belicheck heading to the softest division in the NFL to try to speed run his way to the wins record is deeply funny to me.

The only way it could be funnier is if he fails miserably.

Nov 6, 2002

indigi posted:

curious that he lost a super bowl and afccg to him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You can forget Justin Fields to the Falcons.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

indigi posted:

it's the absolute truth, so i'm on board

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

You can forget Justin Fields to the Falcons.

I think Fields is gonna stay in Chicago regardless

Now, Mac Jones to the Falcons… :yeshaha:

jk we’ve learned in recent days that Bill unequivocally hates him and it was all Kraft propping him up. I can dream though

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

indigi posted:

Agreed. Andy wouldn't shame me for getting seconds. Bill 100% would.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s kind of funny to compare Andy Reid to bill considering Andy’s reputation until he got an elite QB to win him a Super Bowl

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s kind of funny to compare Andy Reid to bill considering Andy’s reputation until he got an elite QB to win him a Super Bowl

Not really. He still did alright with dogshit but Bill couldn't.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Not really. He still did alright with dogshit but Bill couldn't.

If we consider losing all right then sure

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well in that case there's only 1 good coach a year

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Bills have never had a good coach

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

CharlestheHammer posted:

He was one of the winningest coaches in the league before he ever drafted Mahomes, and could turn just about any QB into a competent starter at minimum. He just needed a truly elite guy to get him over the top.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Well in that case there's only 1 good coach a year

I mean that is how everyone talks about coaching more or less

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Andy reids last 3 years in phili: 10-6, 8-8, 4-12

Belichicks last 3 years in ne: 10-7, 8-9, 4-13

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Metapod posted:

one more loss than andy in each of those seasons. that’s analytics, baby

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Eagles gonna keep Sirianni so he can hire another hotshot OC, and this time they fire Sirianni and promote the OC instead of letting Indy poach him.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Andy Reid turned Alex Smith into one of my favorite QBs therefore he is the greatest coach of all time

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Black Lighter posted:

He was one of the winningest coaches in the league before he ever drafted Mahomes, and could turn just about any QB into a competent starter at minimum. He just needed a truly elite guy to get him over the top.

Yes and Bill is one of the best defensive minds in football and whatever else you might say he still is

Nov 6, 2002

Metapod posted:

Belichick Boys: 2-0
Reid Boys: 1-2

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

Eagles gonna keep Sirianni so he can hire another hotshot OC, and this time they fire Sirianni and promote the OC instead of letting Indy poach him.
This would break the cycle! They need to fire Sirianni and hire *checks notes* Jim Bob Cooter!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Reid's a really good coach, but Belichick is Belichick, you're comparing Peyton to Brady here, except Peyton beat Brady in important games a couple of times.

Also pretty funny how both Reid and Belichick tried to replace their franchise QB's with over the hill dual threat guys, hired their sons, made someone wildly incompetent a coordinator, got fired after a 4 win season after 4 years of no playoff success....

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Peyton was better than Brady though

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Reid won 1 playoff game during the entire Alex Smith era and it was done by making only fgs while having 2 hilarious impossible collapses (colts and titans) then he got mahomes and all of a sudden he's an automatic championship game appearance coach

Maybe having Mac Jones as qb and whatever the state of krafts brain is as owner makes things hard to win

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1748012677186662553

just an opinion but interesting

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Cowboys I can understand staying pat if they think that they can't get anyone like Johnson, Harbaugh, or Belichick. I dunno if any of the other candidates would be better than Fat Mike. I think most of the players like him so I can see giving him another year.

Eagles though should clean house. The vibes are all around bad and the players quit.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

What's she implying with the asterisk?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

sexy tiger boobs posted:

That it's time to relegate

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I can't watch at work, but I'm guessing she misspoke in that clip and was correcting herself?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shame the Pats don't play the Falcons this year.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I want to thank the Lord again the Packers do not have an impatient owner. Jerry Jones is insane for not firing McCarthy for Belichick. Good hire, Falcons. Get a QB and run the South!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

shyduck posted:

Crossposting from NFCE thread, today there was an Inquirer report that as of this morning that Sirianni hasn't met with Lurie yet. He's been essentially tasked with Howie's help to develop a list of coordinator candidates. Last time this happened, Doug was fired. Sirianni's not out of the woods yet.

The tweet saying "coaches and coordinators" had been bugging me, and this squares everything nicely.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Who will have a harder time finding (competent) coordinators, Daboll or Sirianni?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Kalli posted:

Who will have a harder time finding (competent) coordinators, Daboll or Sirianni?

Daboll. Way worse roster, and a boss who seems half a step away from a meltdown every time things go wrong.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Kalli posted:

Sirianni. The entire world just watched your collapse. The blame and scapegoats will be the coordinators already employed. Good luck!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I knew that was a perfect question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Metapod posted:

Reid won 1 playoff game during the entire Alex Smith era and it was done by making only fgs while having 2 hilarious impossible collapses (colts and titans) then he got mahomes and all of a sudden he's an automatic championship game appearance coach

Maybe having Mac Jones as qb and whatever the state of krafts brain is as owner makes things hard to win

Reid is a great developer of talent in both player and coaching circles, but if he didn't have a QB who could score in 13 seconds he never would have won anything.

Kalli posted:

Shame the Pats don't play the Falcons this year.

The NFL is working on this as we speak.