Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I could see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Okay so I have a theory that is supported by extacly nothing in the game and I want to share it before it get drown in the new content that is probably coming soon:

Crayon is past-Faust.

Since we don't have a definitive answer as to whetever or not time travel exist in the City and considering Mephitopheles operate on Singularities and chaos theory, I believe that Canto 5.5 could have been a trip to the past or at the very least, a Mirror world of what once was, similar to the current Walpurgis event (Which is also a technical time-travel due to the ID system but I digress). On top of that, even if timetravel is illegal in the City, Mephistopheles and Canto 5.5 takes place either near the Outskirt or in the Outskirt themselves, so the Head probably wouldn't give them much trouble.

This little theory could explain the Faustian Bargain that is present in the original book: Crayon get an easy access to the City and its Wings in exchange for her artistic touch or something along those lines. This could explain why Faust refers to herself in third person, because she has to remind herself of that role she took. This also would explain the thematic dissonance with Faust EGO ID. After all, all of the EGO ID from LobCorp seems to fit the vibes of the character. Outis is very serious and goal driven, Don Quixote is a goofball but Faust? What does Faust regret?

While I don't have the ID nor have I seen the uptie story, I have been told its themes turn around "those sacrificed for the greater good", which apparantly would fit quite nicely with the idea of sacrificing a past identity, a past innocence and a regret that you can never go back.

The only problem with this theory is that nothing literally nothing in the game supports it.

e: Oh and Crayon and Faust both have blue eye and white hair and seeing as our current candidate of Angelica&Argalia are dead well...

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Just thought of this but wasn't there a Mirror Dungeon event where two humanoid figure we're celebrating a marriage while being stuck with each other?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Just thought of this but wasn't there a Mirror Dungeon event where two humanoid figure we're celebrating a marriage while being stuck with each other?

Junpei mentioned it the post before. Marriage Spider.

I'm gonna be honest, I think none of the main bosses we face are going to distort.

Limbus Company seems to be about the future of EGO, Kromer sort of distorted sort of did not. But I actually think if given time she'd manifest EGO for the same reason Ahab did. They're absolutely resolute in their own selfish beliefs. Dongbaek and Dongrant also both manifested EGO after corroding and nearly distorting.

I think Cathy may come close to distorting, if she ends up the final boss of Heathcliff's chapter, but will likely manifest EGO too. Because that's actually been the consistent theme of the Cantos. A clash of personal selfish ideals, not the loss of self that Library was primarily themed about. Especially because the Sinners have falsely awakened EGO that they upgrade/enhance and I suspect we might eventually get 00 and 000 baseline Sinner variations themed around their self-actualization in Purgatorio (00) and manifestation of true EGO in Paradisio (000).

So the final free version of Sinclair will be Efflorescent EGO - Branch of Knowledge Sinclair. Or even a different EGO. Efflorescent EGO - Two Worlds Sinclair.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i think trying to speculate anything about Cathy off of like 2-3 mentions of her name ever is a fool's errand

anyway almost mirror dungeon time yet again, what hell awaits me this week

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
So, Ruina's getting a Switch release now, apparently!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LO2vATBdnM

Lumisau
Mar 6, 2013
And it comes with a shiny new Japanese dub, as well! We only know Angela (Ikumi Hasegawa) and Roland (Shunsuke Takeuchi) so far, though.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Lumisau posted:

And it comes with a shiny new Japanese dub, as well! We only know Angela (Ikumi Hasegawa) and Roland (Shunsuke Takeuchi) so far, though.

We know the VAs for Hod, Netzach, Malkuth, Yesod, Rat, Yun Office, Streetlight, Hook Office, and Brotherhood of Iron, they're in a submenu.

https://www.arcsystemworks.jp/lor/en/character.php

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Lumisau posted:

Any roles they're known for?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Any roles they're known for?

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

I guess they're a bit newer to the industry compared to those I usually follow or know about.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this sounds insane but we need another charge ID

mostly because yi sang and meursault want to be on other teams and the only real option left is w faust who is Okay

i'm only left with 4 of the best ids in the game and w hong lu, the horror

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Yinlock posted:

this sounds insane but we need another charge ID

mostly because yi sang and meursault want to be on other teams and the only real option left is w faust who is Okay

i'm only left with 4 of the best ids in the game and w hong lu, the horror
We've known that Rhino Greg has existed since before launch and we haven't gotten him yet for some reason.

Also, while Wsalt wants to be on the Rupture team, what about Really? With Regret.he hits some pretty zany numbers.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Wait what non-charge team does W Yi Sang go on?

Edit: His Rupture stuff only works for allies with charge, which the main (A whole Bunch of 7 IDs + K Hong Lu + Gregor) Rupture team do not have by default.

Like, my Charge Team is Basically every W except specifically Meursault (because his rupture stuff is generic) and then a smattering of non-charge passives. It's not like you don't get to run W Don, W Ryoshu, R Ish and R Heath in a Charge Team, plus W Yi Sang, W Hong Lu and W Faust are all still fine in MDH3. W Faust in particular has Attack down on her third skill which rules if you're taking the time to fight Abnos directly instead of win rating (which isn't really doable in MDH3 anyway).

Also Rodion is pretty good on a Charge team imo, since her Rosespanner identity isn't super needed on a Tremor team anyway.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 18, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

We've known that Rhino Greg has existed since before launch and we haven't gotten him yet for some reason.

Also, while Wsalt wants to be on the Rupture team, what about Really? With Regret.he hits some pretty zany numbers.

RSault can actually apply Bleed Count even if his method to do so is jank as hell, he's solid but he'd rather be with Team Bleed.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Wait what non-charge team does W Yi Sang go on?

Edit: His Rupture stuff only works for allies with charge, which the main (A whole Bunch of 7 IDs + K Hong Lu + Gregor) Rupture team do not have by default.

Like, my Charge Team is Basically every W except specifically Meursault (because his rupture stuff is generic) and then a smattering of non-charge passives. It's not like you don't get to run W Don, W Ryoshu, R Ish and R Heath in a Charge Team, plus W Yi Sang, W Hong Lu and W Faust are all still fine in MDH3. W Faust in particular has Attack down on her third skill which rules if you're taking the time to fight Abnos directly instead of win rating (which isn't really doable in MDH3 anyway).

Also Rodion is pretty good on a Charge team imo, since her Rosespanner identity isn't super needed on a Tremor team anyway.

Yi Sang's only synergy with other Charge IDs is his support passive. All his other stuff is about applying Rupture and he doesn't need Charge allies to do that at all outside of maybe boosting his Count with EGO but DS can cover that too. He doesn't really have any synergy with a Charge team at all since he's fairly underwhelming(for a Charge ID, he's alright by mortal averages) outside of Rupture and those guys only apply 1 potency here and there. He really wants to be on a Rupture team because the nature of Rupture means that you're either hyper-specializing an entire team for it or you're getting nothing out of it. Rather than burst damage Yi Sang's Charge is used more as the usual Rupture Count Tax because you're not allowed to do anything with that status unless it's a giant pain in the rear end.

Like yeah he works fine on a Charge team but it's not really utilizing his strengths

E: Faust's main issue is her abysmal speed which torpedos her S3's payoff big time, 3 paralyze is great but it's same-turn and she's very likely going last. She can clash decently and has Fluid Sac though so she's alright.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 18, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I mean, I'd still run W Yi Sang on the team that wants all the charge EGO gifts because they'll benefit him more than the rupture damage will imo. Like, yeah sure he applies Rupture, I don't care, he gains charge and spends charge and that's what I want to use him for.

Plus there's so many rupture IDs anyway, and I'd rather have Seven Section Yi Sang in the Support for my Rupture team since he just makes someone better at clashing if you have 3 green res (which you do because you're running K Hong Lu and G Corp Gregor and Seven Heath/Faust etc in a rupture team).

Also I admittedly don't run Fluid Sac Faust in the Charge team because the zappy dog is thematically more appropriate.

I also admittedly use Pequod Heath in my Bleed Team (and forget which Heath I use in my poise team).

Edit: He needs 10+ charge count to apply 2 Rupture Count with his skill 2 final hit (which hits twice) and 15+ charge count to apply 3 Rupture Count with his skill 3 (which then hits 3 times without applying more count). He is not helping you beat the rupture count tax any better than his Sevens Identity would.

I think it doesn't really matter which team he is on, but I would put him on the Charge team because he's better than the Charge 00s if you've levelled him to 40.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 18, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mean, I'd still run W Yi Sang on the team that wants all the charge EGO gifts because they'll benefit him more than the rupture damage will imo. Like, yeah sure he applies Rupture, I don't care, he gains charge and spends charge and that's what I want to use him for.

Plus there's so many rupture IDs anyway, and I'd rather have Seven Section Yi Sang in the Support for my Rupture team since he just makes someone better at clashing if you have 3 green res (which you do because you're running K Hong Lu and G Corp Gregor and Seven Heath/Faust etc in a rupture team).

Also I admittedly don't run Fluid Sac Faust in the Charge team because the zappy dog is thematically more appropriate.

He spends that charge on rupture, is the thing. Even when fully juiced up his S3 is just okay clash and damage-wise.. He's like one of the keystones of rupture because he actually goes (technically) positive on Count which is exceedingly rare. He's made to be used along with Dimension Shredder which has a payoff of yet More Rupture.

You CAN use him in a Charge Team ofc but he won't get as much out of it as a Rupture one.

e:

Lord_Magmar posted:

Edit: He needs 10+ charge count to apply 2 Rupture Count with his skill 2 final hit (which hits twice) and 15+ charge count to apply 3 Rupture Count with his skill 3 (which then hits 3 times without applying more count). He is not helping you beat the rupture count tax any better than his Sevens Identity would.

I think it doesn't really matter which team he is on, but I would put him on the Charge team because he's better than the Charge 00s if you've levelled him to 40.

Yeah rupture blows as usual, but it's what he wants to do. He doesn't really have the power to ignore his gimmick like say Queecliff can because without it he's just a bit better than W Faust which, ouch.

Still yeah you can put him on either team just fine.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 18, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yinlock posted:

He spends that charge on rupture, is the thing. Even when fully juiced up his S3 is just okay clash and damage-wise.. He's like one of the keystones of rupture because he actually goes positive on Count which is exceedingly rare. He's made to be used along with Dimension Shredder which has a payoff of yet More Rupture.

You CAN use him in a Charge Team ofc but he won't get as much out of it as a Rupture one.

But he doesn't go positive on count?

Like I went and looked, he's only positive on count if you have the EGO gifts, same as every other Rupture Identity. He applies 2 Count on the second hit of his 2 hit Skill 2, and 3 count before the first hit of his 3 hit skill 3. He goes neutral, like Sevens Heathcliff and Sevens Faust.

I guess there is Dimension Shredder and his final Skill 3 hit applies the same debuff. But I still wouldn't call that positive when it only applies extra count at the end of turn so he's still likely to eat all the potency and just apply 2 count with his S3 and 4 with Dimension shredder.

But also like, if you're doing MD3 content Rupture Count very quickly stops being a problem because you're hunting the EGO gifts like Thunderbranch anyway.

Edit: I actually think that the other benefit of running him on the Charge team is he makes Rupture gifts less bad when you get them. Which is a neat bit about the Charge team, they have Identities for every other debuff so you're a lot less restricted by "bad" EGO gift options, since there's something useful for just about everything.

Basically, on the Rupture Team he's just another Rupture Identity, which there are plenty and they all do reasonably well at keeping up count if you've invested in them (and once you get the EGO gifts count stops being an issue anyway so who cares), on the Charge team he diversifies your choices for any given fight. Since I like being able to swap around which of my units I'm using on the charge team to match the weaknesses that I'm facing. I legitimately am not worried about Rupture Count in the content where this decision matters, because the Rupture EGO gifts are all about solving Rupture Count (and even without them Sevens Heath and Sevens Faust can fix it somewhat, as can Sevens Outis with her Apple Ego etc.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 18, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

He goes positive on Count if nobody else attacks his target after he does until the next turn, which for Rupture is hilariously the best they have outside of EGO.

Also a Rupture stack needs to already be there so he doesn't nullify it.

Rupture is really bad.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yinlock posted:

He goes positive on Count if nobody else attacks his target after he does until the next turn, which for Rupture is hilariously the best they have.

Also a Rupture stack needs to already be there so he doesn't nullify it.

Rupture is really bad.

Rupture is great, it's my highest damage MD3 Normal Team.

I fundamentally disagree with your evaluation of Rupture, yes Count is not the easiest thing to come by, but W Yi Sang isn't the only thing that gets you count. Sevens Heathcliff is pretty drat good, the new Don is reasonable, Ebony Apply Outis helps a bunch. I don't think W Yi Sang is actually making that much of a difference, and he eats Rupture Count worse than a few of the alternative options for applying 2 or 4 count next turn (the latter any Yi Sang Identity can do).

Plus once you get an EGO gift (which you have 2 from the start) Rupture Count really stops being a problem in the only content where having a lot of count really matters right now.

Yinlock posted:

Outside of MD3, I mean.

MD3 is the only place where this conversation matters because it's about which team to put W Yi Sang on (and what he's good for), there's no content in the game other than MD3 where having Rupture Count will really matter, it's not like the story stuff is hard enough to need massive amounts of true damage per hit.

Realistically N Corp is probably the best story mount "team" because they just work out the gate and you can use NClair without him freaking the gently caress out randomly. Charge is slower, for less payoff than Nclair.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 18, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

Rupture is great, it's my highest damage MD3 Normal Team.

Outside of MD3, I mean.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, Wi-sang goes on rupture teams because there's very few identities that are rupture positive or neutral, and he is once his charge is up.

I've been messing around with MD3 bleed teams and I've come to the conclusion that it's far and away the most busted. The super-ego is the best one, and the team isn't forcibly gimped with mediocre ID's like the burn team. You can just stick all the S3 ID's on it, with the pequod crew, Pirate Greg, the middles, then either Hook-Lu or KKryo, reroll until you have the super bleed fuse item, then win rate brrrr through every single floor. The minimum roll for this team with the gift is about a 15 and any other gifts are just cherries on top. It's absolutely silly how busted +2 on every flip is for clashing, and it doubles the damage done on top of that. It's far and away the easiest team for clearing MD3H, with Heathcliff, Don and Greg are all dropping casual 30 roll skill 3's.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

MD3 is the only place where this conversation matters because it's about which team to put W Yi Sang on (and what he's good for), there's no content in the game other than MD3 where having Rupture Count will really matter, it's not like the story stuff is hard enough to need massive amounts of true damage per hit.

Realistically N Corp is probably the best story mount "team" because they just work out the gate and you can use NClair without him freaking the gently caress out randomly. Charge is slower, for less payoff than Nclair.

We kinda transitioned into where W Yi's specialties lie, the point is that he's more Rupture-focused than anything and doesn't really get much out of Charge by itself though he can function on a Charge team.

e: also most of n-corp can't clash worth poo poo even in story content, they're still balanced for S1. unless you have the super bleed gift they run into problems.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 18, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yinlock posted:

We kinda transitioned into where W Yi's specialties lie, the point is that he's more Rupture-focused than anything and doesn't really get much out of Charge by itself though he can function on a Charge team.

I mean, I just don't think what he gets out of the Rupture Team is particularly notable either, nor what he supplies for it. Rupture in MD3 kind of just works, (and I feel like I'm playing a different game from everyone else since I very rarely feel like I have issues with count when I do the Rupture Team), but he adds a solid source of Rupture to the Charge Team if they get the Rupture based EGO Gifts (alongside R Heath, W Don and W Hong Lu).

Also you were complaining about not having good Charge IDs to go with the 4 cracked ones, and I think W Yi Sang absolutely counts as a good Charge ID. It's not like anyone else gets that much out of Charge beyond doing more damage/clashing better, which he does and is what Rupture amounts to anyway.

Edit: Never had many problems with N Corp Clashing in Story Content (or MD3 Normal for that matter) because Fanatic is a hilarious buff. Also even when they lose clashes all of them but Faust and Sinclair are pretty tanky (I'd argue N Meursault is one of the tankiest Identities available, although not to the same level as the truly ridiculous things like K Corp Hong Lu).

Edit x2: Also yeah, the 00 Charge Identities are all fine, they have relatively good coins for 00s for the most part and the Charge stuff usually makes them better (either as part of the ID, or due to the EGO gifts around Charge).

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 18, 2024

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

W Faust, Don, Ryoushu, and Hong Lu team with R Ish and Heath for me.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PlasticAutomaton posted:

W Faust, Don, Ryoushu, and Hong Lu team with R Ish and Heath for me.

:same:

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mean, I just don't think what he gets out of the Rupture Team is particularly notable either, nor what he supplies for it. Rupture in MD3 kind of just works, (and I feel like I'm playing a different game from everyone else since I very rarely feel like I have issues with count when I do the Rupture Team), but he adds a solid source of Rupture to the Charge Team if they get the Rupture based EGO Gifts (alongside R Heath, W Don and W Hong Lu).

Also you were complaining about not having good Charge IDs to go with the 4 cracked ones, and I think W Yi Sang absolutely counts as a good Charge ID. It's not like anyone else gets that much out of Charge beyond doing more damage/clashing better, which he does and is what Rupture amounts to anyway.

Edit: Never had many problems with N Corp Clashing in Story Content (or MD3 Normal for that matter) because Fanatic is a hilarious buff. Also even when they lose clashes all of them but Faust and Sinclair are pretty tanky (I'd argue N Meursault is one of the tankiest Identities available, although not to the same level as the truly ridiculous things like K Corp Hong Lu).

I never really tried for Fanatic that hard because it tends to mess up Sinclair's SP so that would probably be it. Sinclair can take a few hits but Faust is made of paper.

My issue is that Yi Sang doesn't get much out of Charge beyond a slightly better S3, while W Don/Ryo's S3s go from wimpy to MAXIMUM TURBO. I am making the very fair and reasonable complaint that he is not as good as two of the most hilariously overpowered IDs in the game.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yinlock posted:

:same:

I never really tried for Fanatic that hard because it tends to mess up Sinclair's SP so that would probably be it. Sinclair can take a few hits but Faust is made of paper.

My issue is that Yi Sang doesn't get much out of Charge beyond a slightly better S3, while W Don/Ryo's S3s go from wimpy to MAXIMUM TURBO. I am making the very fair and reasonable complaint that he is not as good as two of the most hilariously overpowered IDs in the game.

I mean, both of N Faust's Passives are specifically supposed to benefit Sinclair and largely do, yes you probably have to tank his sanity with EGO more often, but in return he basically never hits distortion if she's around and she always gives him Fanatic (which is +1 per stack when clashing with someone with N Corp Nails, and +10% damage per stack).

Fanatic is super cracked and there's a reason most people put N Faust either on the front or back line if they're using N Sinclair. The Full N Corp Lineup is actually reasonably strong because it's routinely getting Fanatic buffs and putting Nails to clash better/hit harder and then furthermore helping keep N Sinclair from crushing his own allies via Faust. Also you get a bunch of good EGO both Lust and otherwise to toss around (Faust needs no primer, but you get Meursault's wonderful Chains of Others, you get Mad Monk Heathcliff, Both Soups, Rocinante, Angry Fire Prophet Faust or Sad Teddy Faust both work and the latter even applies nails, Angry Fire Prophet Sinclair is great for tanking his sanity whilst still triggering Faust).

Edit: Also that's fair on the wimpy to Maximum Turbo, I still think I'd rather use Wi Sang to diversify the Charge team and Yi Sevangs to give a little more clash power to the Rupture Team myself.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 18, 2024

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The next charge ID is Rhino Sinclair

Source: it was revealed to me in a dream.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
The key with Nclair is to equip him with only the lantern ego and do absolutely 0 sanity management, because A. it's overload targets the 3 highest health units on the board, which will almost always include the enemy you're pointing him at. and B. If it's the only overloadable ego slotted in, it's the only one that will ever go off.

It gets pretty silly, because it can target multiple abnormality parts, hits pretty hard, and will only target your tankiest, healthiest units, then heals sinclair on top of that. It turns Nclairs one downside into yet more damage

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Onehandclapping posted:

The key with Nclair is to equip him with only the lantern ego and do absolutely 0 sanity management, because A. it's overload targets the 3 highest health units on the board, which will almost always include the enemy you're pointing him at. and B. If it's the only overloadable ego slotted in, it's the only one that will ever go off.

It gets pretty silly, because it can target multiple abnormality parts, hits pretty hard, and will only target your tankiest, healthiest units, then heals sinclair on top of that. It turns Nclairs one downside into yet more damage

This sounds less fun than the N-Squad to me, but it is very true that you can do this.

Edit: Also in all fairness for this and basically every discussion that will likely occur, I have specific brainworms that make "all the 'identity' groups of Sinners" the coolest best option for teambuilding even if they're actually not mechanically so. Which is why I like N Corp for a Bleed Team, since it's the only 6 man team from the same faction in Bleed.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 18, 2024

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)

Yinlock posted:

E: Faust's main issue is her abysmal speed which torpedos her S3's payoff big time, 3 paralyze is great but it's same-turn and she's very likely going last. She can clash decently and has Fluid Sac though so she's alright.

Yeah W Faust's slow speed makes it so that she basically never clashes in regular fight, which is not good for her S3, but I do find it useful for Fluid Sack as she can heal everyone's Sanity back to near maximum after when everyone else uses EGOs and whatnot before her, all in a single round.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Personally I hate Next Turn Paralyze because it fucks up all the clash-odds calculations if the enemy has even just one stack of it and the tactical advantage just ain't worth the headache.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

Personally I hate Next Turn Paralyze because it fucks up all the clash-odds calculations if the enemy has even just one stack of it and the tactical advantage just ain't worth the headache.

W Faust has No Turn Paralyze, as in she goes last so you don't get the effect at all unless she's somehow got 2 actions, is faster than the enemy and no-one has clashed with the attack she's aiming at yet

e: she still has enough upsides to be worth using: not-horrible clashing, bind and attack down are both pretty good and as StuffyEvil said going last is handy for recouping SP costs. It's just weird that she's so slow with that effect.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 18, 2024

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
You know, this announcement got me thinking.

Arc System Works's main bread and butter are fighting games.

And recently, they've done quite a few fighting games for OTHER licenses, many of which became hits, like DB FighterZ.

So...what would a fighting game within PM's setting entail?

Though if they want some characters to feel familiar...well...PM already has some (still alive) characters who are similar to some of ASW's characters.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Yinlock posted:

W Faust has No Turn Paralyze, as in she goes last so you don't get the effect at all unless she's somehow got 2 actions, is faster than the enemy and no-one has clashed with the attack she's aiming at yet

e: she still has enough upsides to be worth using: not-horrible clashing, bind and attack down are both pretty good and as StuffyEvil said going last is handy for recouping SP costs. It's just weird that she's so slow with that effect.

Oh, I know. My point was more that I personally prefer No Turn Paralyze to Next Turn Paralyze :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK8Ziib6d48

Deici Yi Sang and Hong Lu.

Hong Lu has a keyblade.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

GilliamYaeger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK8Ziib6d48

Deici Yi Sang and Hong Lu.

Hong Lu has a keyblade.

So it seems that the Dieci get their strength from 'burning' knowledge, but it's not a permanent loss, as they can just 're-learn' whatever book they punched a guy with. They also have some kind of 'cap' to this knowledge, which doesn't really go with the typical understanding of learning. I'm sure there's more to it than that, since unless this stuff requires invasive surgery or Singularity tech, it feels far too simple to just exchange books for power.

Numbus26 fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 19, 2024

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Numbus26 posted:

it feels far too simple to just exchange books for power.

Yeah, that's the Library's stitch :v:

My question is if they're gonna be Sinking (bad for Yi Sang cause Sspicebrush is the cornerstone of memes, for Hong it would be better than LCB) or they'll have different statuses.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Yeah, that's the Library's stitch :v:

My question is if they're gonna be Sinking (bad for Yi Sang cause Sspicebrush is the cornerstone of memes, for Hong it would be better than LCB) or they'll have different statuses.

Spicebrush being a Season 2 ID whereas this being a non-seasonal ID kind of makes it fair I think. You legitimately cannot earn Spicebrush in game right now I don't think and I forget if old season IDs get added to the Gacha or just for Sharding etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Numbus26 posted:

So it seems that the Dieci get their strength from 'burning' knowledge, but it's not a permanent loss, as they can just 're-learn' whatever book they punched a guy with. They also have some kind of 'cap' to this knowledge, which doesn't really go with the typical understanding of learning. I'm sure there's more to it than that, since unless this stuff requires invasive surgery or Singularity tech, it feels far too simple to just exchange books for power.
"Full capacity" probably means "as much as you can get" rather than indicating a hard limit. They're gaining knowledge at full capacity, like a gunsmith producing bullets at full capacity.