Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

I got it and I'm gonna play it and it's gonna rule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsagd7ebbJc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

stoked to get back with #1 Best Boy Ichiban after so long

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hubris.height posted:

drat I completely forgot about ff16 lol

didnt they just release 2 dlcs for that game too? lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gaiden is pretty sick so far

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

rip alan wake 2

gently caress

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

rip alan wake 2

gently caress

It came out fairly late in the year

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Is the resident evil 4 love just nostalgia? I never played those as a kid and now did RE2. It's fun, but also I'm sick of the movement already. Guess it's true to life that the fastest the US cop moves is a leisurely jog. Game feels like it would really work in VR though.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

rip alan wake 2

gently caress

Isn't that exclusive to Epic? Don't think that's in the data.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

finally, a win for America. Billy Mitchell is what we all knew:: completely Innocent! and his World Shattering World Record has been Restored. current Gen speed runners like that loser Jobst and others should focus on their own performances (not great) instead of Harassing the Gods of the genre.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

genericnick posted:

Isn't that exclusive to Epic? Don't think that's in the data.

its such a like labor of love/piece of artwork that also not a lot of computers can run well either, and you need the graphics cranked up for all of the effects to work properly. i honestly cant speak to the true audience other than me, and i suspect my spending 4 hours in vr on saturday morning rear end is considered normal

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

All that graph says to me is that TotK probably beat them all, unless one is willing to support the argument that hardly anybody bought it from the eShop

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I bought a physical copy but boy do I wish nintendo had made the boxes smaller

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

All that graph says to me is that TotK probably beat them all, unless one is willing to support the argument that hardly anybody bought it from the eShop

That's what I was thinking as well. TotK with only physical sales and its still at 5th probably hit number one with digital sales

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Oh, Starfield is bad? Look at how many copies it sold.

Checkmate

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Ff16 is also epic exclusive for now

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Epic High Five posted:

Ok

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

is starting again

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gotta love how apparently a lot of people bought the wizard game and proceeded not to discuss it at all because its only real presence in social media was to talk about how you shouldn't buy it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm a little surprised at the hogleg ranking, I guess people just bought it and played it but never talked about it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Don't worry hoot, it didn't escape my notice that your closest match in the GOTY thread was me. Give in to the WAHOO.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Elden Ring still in the top 20.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A lot of not online people bought and played hogwarts legacy.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Getting chuds to buy something to own the libs is one of the strongest industries in this country and the western world generally, I'd not be surprised at all if it was actually #1 and similarly I'm not surprised at all it fell off the face of the Earth as soon as the next outrage cycle started up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

what I wanna know is where is baldur's gate

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

loquacius posted:

Gotta love how apparently a lot of people bought the wizard game and proceeded not to discuss it at all because its only real presence in social media was to talk about how you shouldn't buy it

Shy tories but for harry potter nostalgia

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm sure there's also people who bought it for nostalgia or fond memories or they just love busy map open world slop, but there's for sure not more of those people than people who just buy the newest Madden/FIFA every time and only play it exclusively all year long.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The wizard game also got released on goddamn everything. They put out a PS4/Xbox One version, and then a Switch version even later.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Stop melting down about this

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Stop melting down about this

no. I'm gonna say a slur because I'm so mad about

something

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

loquacius posted:

something

what

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm not sure what. someone is melting down about something though

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I bought played beat and thoroughly enjoyed Hogwarts. there's many people like me, even in this very thread, and I wish we'd all Stand Up and Be Proud

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

something

I was gonna make a supermechagodzilla joke about Kingsley Shacklebolt but goddamn the dude is already named Shacklebolt

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

yeah I played the wizard game (noita). we're here. we exist.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kingsley Shacklebolt is a fantastic name

alarumklok posted:

yeah I played the wizard game (noita). we're here. we exist.

Hogwarts Legacy really suffered for its lack of realism in deciding to exclude the part of the wizarding process where a wizard says "huh I wonder what this does?" and then immediately explodes into a cloud of spiders that set the whole school on fire

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Kingsley Shacklebolt is a fantastic name

Hogwarts Legacy really suffered for its lack of realism in deciding to exclude the part of the wizarding process where a wizard says "huh I wonder what this does?" and then immediately explodes into a cloud of spiders that set the whole school on fire

I should play the Discworld game at some point

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

loquacius posted:

something

g*mer

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

loquacius posted:

Its a game for children and YA readers. Kids can't really shape discussions online, and the latter can't talk about the game because they will lose twitter followers.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

everyone i know who like potter wizard books liked the hogwarts game i mean its like 5 ppl sample size but still seemed like a ok game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A lot of people like Harry Potter. It isn't hard to know why it was popular