Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I checked and I'm wrong, it's actually shot in my TV imitation of New York hometown, Toronto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It was super fun. I love all their anime works.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

seems like the TubiTV party is over, everything I tried watching, RIFFTRAX included is not available.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

By popular demand posted:

seems like the TubiTV party is over, everything I tried watching, RIFFTRAX included is not available.

Strange. They still show up for me and are playable.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

maybe it's a location thing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love Inspector Mom but for some reason find the peanut butter "fight" unbearably gross.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

RiffTrax has released their take on Steamboat Willie because of course they did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1748004821041610938
So what do they have left for "infamous" bad movies? Like I could see some more David Wascavage movies or maybe Wicked World (from Barry J Gillis, the guy behind Things)

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

muscles like this! posted:

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1748004821041610938
So what do they have left for "infamous" bad movies? Like I could see some more David Wascavage movies or maybe Wicked World (from Barry J Gillis, the guy behind Things)

Michael Kupperman shared parts of 2 posters in progress for rifftrax on his patreon but I don't recognize what movies they may be.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The Don Dohlerverse is a day-one purchase for me, RiffTrax. :pray:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32QqR4TwZk8

quote:

A Frank D'Angelo Film "Sicilian Vampire" starring James Caan, Daryl Hannah, Paul Sorvino, Robert Loggia, Armand Assante, Robert Davi,
Michael Paré, Eric Roberts, Daniel Baldwin, Tony Nardi, Frank D’Angelo, Phil Esposito .......Loyalty and Trust is everything

Oh boy I hope they're finally doing some Frank D'Angelo movies!

It would track as well, Frank's billionaire benefactor was mysteriously murdered along with his wife ~6 years ago. He's probably desperate for money, and his movies are as bad anything I've seen on Rifftrax.

e: I left out that Frank D'Angelo is a wannabe mobster and was in debt to his murdered benefactor and is probably a suspect.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Flophouse podcast does his movies every once in a while and they definitely would be a good fit.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Surely not Neil Breen after all this time.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

quote:

It’s time for GrimTrax! For the first time ever, we’ve assembled five shorts about death, loneliness, and dismemberment into one big, old-fashioned yukfest.

On their own, they would have been too depressing to put out into the world. But together, they form into a Voltron of hilarity, if Voltron was eventually going to die facedown in the snow, sad and alone.

GrimTrax has it all: Old women. VERY old women. Factory workers getting maimed so badly it would make Chuck Hamlin blush (if he wasn’t already dead. From maiming.) Alcoholic NBA fans. Kids who get ignored to death. And a short that we actually recorded way back in 2012 and decided not to release until now because WE DIDN’T KNOW IF YOU COULD TAKE IT! So please ignore any jokes in that one about Linsanity or Gangnam Style, trust us, they were hilarious at the time!

Featuring host segments from Mike, Kevin, and Bill to guide you through the gloom, GrimTrax is the perfect entertainment for a dark winter evening. Watch it with your favorite Very Old Woman… IF SHE CAN HANDLE IT!

https://www.rifftrax.com/grimtrax

The shorts include the legendary "Cipher in the Snow."

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Who is Chuck Hamlin? I can’t find anything except a very special thanks on IMDb.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Golden Bee posted:

Who is Chuck Hamlin? I can’t find anything except a very special thanks on IMDb.

Why to learn about Chuck Hamlin you've got to SHAKE HANDS WITH DANGER

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Just watched one of their "Why aren't they in jail?" riffs. Guess which one: "Us beautiful people have to stick together! :biglips:"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Why to learn about Chuck Hamlin you've got to SHAKE HANDS WITH DANGER

Text you can hear.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

MrMidnight posted:

Just watched one of their "Why aren't they in jail?" riffs. Guess which one: "Us beautiful people have to stick together! :biglips:"

WHITTTTEEEE BIRRRRRDDD

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

By popular demand posted:

WHITTTTEEEE BIRRRRRDDD

I poo poo you not, I was afraid that I was going to damage my lungs/ribs every time that old bartender lady spoke. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ahhh! Asso!

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

MrMidnight posted:

I poo poo you not, I was afraid that I was going to damage my lungs/ribs every time that old bartender lady spoke. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

Okay, y'all need to let me know what film you're talking about because I don't think I've seen it

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

MrMidnight posted:

I picked up Paradise Hotel during one of the holiday sales, hoping for a Suburban Sasquatch or Winter beast, and it fell short. It's just kinda...there.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I brought my Drake posted:

I picked up Paradise Hotel during one of the holiday sales, hoping for a Suburban Sasquatch or Winter beast, and it fell short. It's just kinda...there.

Nothing will beat the king of these movies. You know what I'm talking about. THINGS

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 20, 2024

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

flesh dance posted:

Okay, y'all need to let me know what film you're talking about because I don't think I've seen it

The Paradise Motel

Speaking of, the stars of Paradise Motel also made a terrible science fiction movie, Robo Woman.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

The Paradise Motel

Speaking of, the stars of Paradise Motel also made a terrible science fiction movie, Robo Woman.

Thanks, this one looks great, I totally missed it coming out!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of questions, was the Juice Cleanse bit from the X Monster movie a Kevin Murphy line that Bill Corbett picked up and ran with?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ok, i bought Grimtrax. Looks pretty good!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of surprised that Rifftrax hasn't done any Len Kabasinski movies. He's a schlockmeister who doesn't take himself too seriously so he seems like he would be down for licensing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm kind of surprised that Rifftrax hasn't done any Len Kabasinski movies. He's a schlockmeister who doesn't take himself too seriously so he seems like he would be down for licensing.

How violent and/or sexual is his stuff?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm watching Baby of the Bride right now and wow this is a terrible movie, like just complete garbage.

It's like an entire season of a soap opera compressed into ~86 mins.

e: Starring Rue McClanahan

e2: jesus this one guy is being presented as sympathetic when he should be the subject of an amber alert what even is this

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 22, 2024

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

God drat that industrial accident short in GrimTrax was a spectacle!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Weird day today, I needed something new that was more upbeat than dead people. So I bought Steamboat Willie

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Canned Panda posted:

God drat that industrial accident short in GrimTrax was a spectacle!

Yeah, my husband has this thing where he thinks dummies are the funniest thing ever and he nearly died laughing during that one.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Have they ever done Neil Breen movies?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sephyr posted:

Have they ever done Neil Breen movies?

No, Neil by all accounts takes himself and his movies very seriously despite all evidence to the contrary and has never licensed them out.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

like an untainted Tommy Wiseau.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Dawgstar posted:

No, Neil by all accounts takes himself and his movies very seriously despite all evidence to the contrary and has never licensed them out.

Just the jokes riffs care not for your 'licensing'. And thank goodness lest the world world would have been deprived of the best riff of a major commercial release, Transformers 2.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

AvesPKS posted:

Just the jokes riffs care not for your 'licensing'. And thank goodness lest the world world would have been deprived of the best riff of a major commercial release, Transformers 2.

Yeah, Just the Jokes don't sell as well as I'd like though.

I'd love listen to them take on 'I Am Here... Now!'

I think every Breen flick follows the same formula of Breen being a super powerful being who solves the world's troubles by magic and also whom the ladies fall in love madly with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Karen Allen "fight" scene in this week's release, Terminus, is amazingly terrible.