Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ditch her, Pete.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this guy i met last night is completely horrible and he just showed up at my apartment unannounced. i should go on a date with him!

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

this guy i met last night is completely horrible and he just showed up at my apartment unannounced. i should go on a date with him!

Because he pulled up his shirt, and Petey, he's got an eight-pack!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"if someone just shows up at my apartment i'll find them irresistible, tiger, even if they were to break in and make a web heart"
also it kinda fucks me up seeing the apartment relatively consistent all the way back then, that's the couch they watch tv on

Who amongst us hasn't prevented friends or family from having sex so we could tell them about wrestling?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe you could stop calling him m'boy?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
"Okay, okay., 'For when I fail.'"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:lol: the only reason it's a story is because a dude got shot and killed, Robbie's "instinct" was going to get him a story of,"Wrestler beats up another wrestler in a cheap Spider-Man costume in 5 minutes" and Jonah was right to laugh at the idea of his Editor-in-Chief being a complete mark who thinks wrestling is real.

The most bizarre thing about this story is that it's been treated from the start all the way through like wrestling is real but then they had Robbie throw in that "this isn't scripted! :aaa:" line right towards the end which indicates.... they do know it's fake?

Anyway, forget all that bullshit, the world wants to know if Boris is going to be okay!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, like, usually Peter is the dumbest person in an arc, sometimes it's the villain either at the last minute or during most of the arc. Robbie feels dumber than Peter or Strang here because he has an intuition that there's a story with Kid Spider-man and then Destructo, and he's right! That's loving Spider-man pretending to be a pro wrestler and a goddamned super zombie. There's a story to chase there, but Robbie does 0 journalism; he doesn't try to find out who Kid Spider-man is, and sure, maybe we could honor the tradition of masked wrestlers and have Hardwood not reveal that at all, but then there's Destructo right there that Robbie could try to figure out. Destructo has no mask so if Hardwood doesn't want to give out any names then Robbie could still try and find out who that guy is with a picture, he's an editor in chief at the fictional biggest newspaper in new york!

So Robbie keeps asking questions like "why?" kid spidey does what he does, which is money, that's the one answer that is both true and uninteresting. He doesn't ask who, he just takes the what at complete face value and goes to the venue every week without asking anyone anything. Like J-ru is saying, the only story is that a performer got shot by a gun-ho security guard. They don't even tell us if Robbie found out about the whole zombie thing and Dillon. Boris was on the news with 50/50 chance of loving dying and Robbie didn't find that at all worth digging into? oh shoot that reminds me it's past midnight

Boris lives! :3:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
:hellyeah: Boris!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh poo poo, Boris alive and well!

Oh poo poo, it's David Hasselhoff and his magic car!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not really surprising. mj wouldn't date peter unless she had catastrophically low standards. sure, this dude is hilariously awful. but he's not that bad compared to the guy who shakes with impotent sweaty rage on the rare occasions he bothers to show up at all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Boris :shobon:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Oh no... it's a Teslaaaa!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

davidspackage posted:

Oh no... it's a Teslaaaa!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Holy poo poo

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
:lol:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's not really surprising. mj wouldn't date peter unless she had catastrophically low standards. sure, this dude is hilariously awful. but he's not that bad compared to the guy who shakes with impotent sweaty rage on the rare occasions he bothers to show up at all.
She has one standard and it's abs.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Boris lives! Such a pity that we'll probably never see him again after this arc

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

:golfclap:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

And your plan is...?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Murdstone posted:

And your plan is...?

She doesn't have a plan, MJ is just instinctually drawn to the most ripped set of abs within a 20 mile radius

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MJ, he hasn't fought The Lizard in at least a decade, that was a flashback, and Mysterio was just some dude with a helmet that controlled all reality. Looking at his "recent" fights, I think the better solution is for Peter to gently caress off home and give Voltan his powers back.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Remember that guy who was a real jerk on the dance floor? Well I went on a date with him... and he was a real jerk! :aaa:"

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Holy poo poo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Uh, Peter.. hm.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Wow, how romantic...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

MorningMoon posted:

Uh, Peter.. hm.

Holy poo poo what a dick

What's Flash Thompson up to these days, MJ

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm probably merging arcs in my mind, but didn't she leave Hollywood because the director was a sex pest, and although Peter showed up to get angry she'd (unknown to him) already left by then

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, peter didn't quit wrestling for her sake.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm probably merging arcs in my mind, but didn't she leave Hollywood because the director was a sex pest, and although Peter showed up to get angry she'd (unknown to him) already left by then

No, that was this one. Newspaper Spider-Man is a pioneer of anti-continuity. The only canon is what the writer happens to remember that day.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MorningMoon posted:

Uh, Peter.. hm.
Years later, he blows up her theater.

The ground! His one weakness!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

THE ONE THING HE'LL NEVER EXPECT! ME SNEAKING UP FROM BEHIND HIM! HERE I GO, HOPE HE DOESN'T MOVE!! :spidey:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Real "Professor Xavier is a jerk" energy on that last panel.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Straight up thought that was the telekinetic jerk and MJ had called Peter to come to the apartment because she wanted to get rid of the telekinetic jerk. Nope, turns out Peter was the jerk!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:spidey: The Hulk has... Spider-sense?

:spidey: Is.. is the Hulk secretly Spider-Man??

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Saoshyant posted:

:spidey: The Hulk has... Spider-sense?

:spidey: Is.. is the Hulk secretly Spider-Man??

It would have been better if he had sensed him coming. This was just a fluke.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

He has a 12-inch tongue!!