Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

From what I can tell Caleb spent half the season setting the world on fire and the other half just being pretty good most of the time while his team crumbled.

I don't know what that says for Kliff, you can argue it either way. Either he helped make the guy good or he didn't make use of a possibly generational talent (obvious arguments to be had here too) later.

You do not want Kliff. Mike Leach school of offensive coach, meaning he doesn't understand you have to have a number of plays in your playbook. I hate his scheme, he doesn't have a good feel for the NFL game, I don't think he's good enough to do college either which is where that offense is supposed to be used.

I think he'd be a downgrade from Getsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm not convinced Kliff actually did anything at USC

Caleb's draft status was already cemented and he was brought on late in the offseason, long after spring practices were finished and the system has been installed. He was only there so he could take credit for "developing Caleb," which appears to have worked. Kliff is an all-time scam artist.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

they've been a qb away for a few years now. idk that Bill is gonna help solve that problem

Sure, but smith refused to use their best pieces on offense his year. It’s baffling.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Titans/status/1748059000522821882?t=j-BG2s4DF7evyUSiNsyvaw&s=19

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Sure, but smith refused to use their best pieces on offense his year. It’s baffling.

agreed but again are we saying Bill is gonna fix the offense?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

McDaniels probably will

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

indigi posted:

I'm offering space on my "Andy is a better coach than Bill" wagon if anyone would like to join me

i nailed my feet to this wagon long ago. walrus stan for life.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Is cousins to Atlanta a real possibility? I’m no great cousins booster but with the skill position talent they have, Cousins being very much in the pure pocket, risk averse mode Belichick/McDaniels prefer, and Bill running the defense, that seems like it could actually be a very good team

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DeimosRising posted:

Is cousins to Atlanta a real possibility? I’m no great cousins booster but with the skill position talent they have, Cousins being very much in the pure pocket, risk averse mode Belichick/McDaniels prefer, and Bill running the defense, that seems like it could actually be a very good team

Re-tooling Russ would seem to be the funnier version of this. I don't think it would work, I don't even know if there's a way to make it happen because of the insane contract/etc, but it's fun to imagine Bill having to deal with Russ.

I imagine all of those little needling comments Belichick does watching film just flowing off of Wilson and whatever persona he decided on for the day.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Grittybeard posted:

Re-tooling Russ would seem to be the funnier version of this. I don't think it would work, I don't even know if there's a way to make it happen because of the insane contract/etc, but it's fun to imagine Bill having to deal with Russ.

I imagine all of those little needling comments Belichick does watching film just flowing off of Wilson and whatever persona he decided on for the day.

Bill vs Russ would be really funny but he’s not at all the kind of QB they prefer. He’s not a pocket poise dude and he likes to freelance

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This quarterback market is loving bleak if soon-to-be 36 Achilles Kirk and 35-year-old Twice Divorced Russ are the top names available

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

DeimosRising posted:

Wherever he winds up, tho, how realistic is it for him to return before deep into the regular season? Assuming he doesn't have access to Aaron Rodgers'' magic mud, of course.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kirk is a free agent but if Minnesota doesn’t go hard to re-sign him, what is their plan B? Is there someone they like available at 11, or that they could realistically trade up for? Do they trade for Fields or Kyler or Howell or something? Those all feel inferior to just running it back with Kirk on a deal with outs after a couple years.

Assuming his leg isn’t just totally hosed, yes

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Just let Bill live out his service academy wild cat dreams with Fields and Bijan lol

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Docjowles posted:

Kirk is a free agent but if Minnesota doesn’t go hard to re-sign him, what is their plan B? Is there someone they like available at 11, or that they could realistically trade up for? Do they trade for Fields or Kyler or Howell or something? Those all feel inferior to just running it back with Kirk on a deal with outs after a couple years.

Assuming his leg isn’t just totally hosed, yes

Their plan is to finally rip off the Band-Aid and start a real rebuild

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Draft JJ

have him throw to other JJ

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Marklar posted:

I wonder if Bill would want McDaniels as the OC again.
worst voltron ever

https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1748033896917119241

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Benne posted:

This quarterback market is loving bleak if soon-to-be 36 Achilles Kirk and 35-year-old Twice Divorced Russ are the top names available

Sometimes we get a surprise trade but I can’t even think of a dark horse candidate (worth a drat)

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Yes please hire Patricia as DC and put language in his contract forbidding him from ever coaching for the Eagles again, thank you

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

Bill vs Russ would be really funny but he’s not at all the kind of QB they prefer. He’s not a pocket poise dude and he likes to freelance

They brought in Cam, and articles at the time said the were all about Fields until he got taken by the Bears a few picks before theirs.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Benne posted:

Falcons should go get Jacoby Brissett.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Pontius Pilate posted:

Sometimes we get a surprise trade but I can’t even think of a dark horse candidate (worth a drat)

Maybe Geno if the Seahawks decide to clean house and do a true rebuild?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I whole heartedly believe Caleb Williams would’ve developed more NFL tendencies had he gone to Wisconsin or stayed at Oklahoma. I did not see him take a snap under center once at USC. But whatever, Bears want him, they can have him.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Simplex posted:

They brought in Cam, and articles at the time said the were all about Fields until he got taken by the Bears a few picks before theirs.

Bill has had trouble against mobile qbs and he seems to respect them

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Welp.

Guess I'm a Jags fan now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bill coaching Fields to the promise land would be so funny

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bill’s interviews should absolutely include “will you hire Matt Patricia or Joe Judge in any capacity” as a binding and immediately disqualifying question

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Maybe not, but he'll loving run Bijan Robinson into the loving ground like Author Smith should have.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Docjowles posted:

Bill’s interviews should absolutely include “will you hire Matt Patricia or Joe Judge in any capacity” as a binding and immediately disqualifying question

Wasn’t judge a pretty good ST coach? I mean I’m sure Bill does a lot of the ST stuff but it’s not like Patricia where he’s failed at his supposed niche multiple other places, he was just a lovely HC

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Plus the old, who the hell cares who the DC is in title, Bill Belichick is his own defensive coordinator.

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam

DeimosRising posted:

Wasn’t judge a pretty good ST coach?
Once you leave position coaching to be a head coach you default back to terrible position coach

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

for what it's worth Evan Lazar is a patriots employee in the news/podcast division.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

DeimosRising posted:

Wasn’t judge a pretty good ST coach? I mean I’m sure Bill does a lot of the ST stuff but it’s not like Patricia where he’s failed at his supposed niche multiple other places, he was just a lovely HC

It sounded like when he came back to the Pats he had an absolutely huge ego and was acting like he was a big shot.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I feel like Harbaugh should go to Atlanta, Vrabel to the Chargers, and Bill should sit 1 year on vacation until the Cowboys open up.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I have a sneaking suspicion that Vrabel's gonna take the old "gently caress it, still getting paid" one-year vacation

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gatts posted:

I feel like Harbaugh should go to Atlanta, Vrabel to the Chargers, and Bill should sit 1 year on vacation until the Cowboys open up.

no

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Benne posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Vrabel's gonna take the old "gently caress it, still getting paid" one-year vacation

that seems like more of a "been a coach a couple decades now" move.

I get doing so cause the job you want isn't there, but on its face that sounds like a backward move at his age/experience level.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Harbaugh loves San Diego, so the Chargers have a really good

Oh poo poo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I really wonder if Vrabel was banking on the Patriots job being his to lose and was caught off-guard when the Pats immediately went with Meyo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Why haven't more teams interviewed Harbaugh?