Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Fun syphilis talk fact.

The Virus is unusually sensitive to heat. So a severe fever can kill it.

Enter the early 20th century treatment of 'Fever Therapy'.

In which a neurosyphilitic patient was deliberately infected with Malaria in the hopes that the fever would fry the syphilis then the Malaria could be brought back under control with quinine.

25% success rate! Which TBF is way better than the previous rate of 0%. Guy who came up with it was Dr Julius Wagner-Jauregg. Got the Nobel prize for medicine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

Oof, this vote is splitting Republican votes hard. Johnson might actually not be safe

Cool I hope the dems do the funny thing

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kazil posted:

Nah, they really just want to tank the economy to boost Trump

lol I got mocked in here less than a week ago for saying this almost verbatim

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Deptfordx posted:

Fun syphilis talk fact.

In which a neurosyphilitic patient was deliberately infected with Malaria in the hopes that the fever would fry the syphilis then the Malaria could be brought back under control with quinine.

25% success rate! Which TBF is way better than the previous rate of 0%. Guy who came up with it was Dr Julius Wagner-Jauregg. Got the Nobel prize for medicine.

Was this the same Nobel committee that gave Henry Kissinger the Nobel Peace Prize?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I wouldn't put stock in the Rs attempting to oust Johnson

They hated McCarthy with a passion, they just don't like what Johnson's doing

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t see how tanking the economy can help trump when we know voters uniformly blame the shutdown on republicans.

Which makes them continuing to do it absolutely bizarre

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don’t know if this already came up in this thread but lol

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/16/virginia-trump-2020-election-votes-misreported

quote:

As Donald Trump continues to pursue the lie that his 2020 presidential election defeat was the result of electoral fraud, elections officials in Virginia have admitted some results there were improperly reported – resulting in an artificially inflated total for Trump while votes were actually taken away from Joe Biden.
Eric Olsen, director of elections for Prince William county, said: “Election results were improperly reported by the previous administration during the 2020 election.
Trump’s 30-point Iowa lead boosts his confidence for New Hampshire win
“… The reporting errors were presumably a consequence of the results tapes not being programmed to a format that was compatible with state reporting requirements. Attempts to correct this issue appear to have created errors. The reporting errors did not consistently favor one party or candidate but were likely due to a lack of proper planning, a difficult election environment, and human error.”

The result, Olsen said, was that Biden received 1,648 fewer votes than he should have received and Trump received 2,327 too many.
The error did not affect the result in Prince William county or in Virginia overall.
In the county, Biden beat Trump by more than 61,000 votes. In the state, on his way to victory in the national popular vote by more than 7m ballots and in the electoral college by 306-232, Biden won by more than 450,000.
Errors affected other 2020 races in Prince William county, which sits south-west of Washington DC and includes Manassas, the site of two major American civil war battles and Barack Obama’s final pre-election rally in 2008.

For US Senate, the sitting Democratic senator Mark Warner received 1,589 votes fewer than he should have and his Republican challenger, Daniel Gade, was short by 107. Statewide, Warner won by more than 500,000 votes.
In the US House, the Republican Rob Wittman was short by 293 votes in Prince William county but won Virginia’s first district by more than 80,000.
Olsen said the errors did not meet the threshold which would trigger a recount.
Saying improvements had been made to county elections management, he alluded to threats to elections officials across the US that have been fueled by Trump’s voter fraud lie.
“Over the past three years,” Olsen said, “the 2020 election has been the subject of audits, recounts and investigations. Election officials have continued to work diligently in the face of extreme stress and threats to our health and safety.

“Mistakes are unfortunate but require diligence and innovation to correct. They do not reflect a purposeful attempt to undermine the integrity of the electoral process and the investigation into this matter ended with that conclusion.
“We have worked to bring transparency to the reporting of an election that happened three years ago. This dedication remains and applies to all current and future elections. The public should have faith in the thousands of tireless public servants and volunteers who preserve and protect our democracy.”
In 2022, Michele White, the former registrar in Prince William county, was indicted on charges of corrupt conduct, making a false statement and willful neglect of duty, in connection with the 2020 election.
White said the charges were politically motivated. Jason Miyares, Virginia’s Republican attorney general, denied that – but the charges were recently dropped.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

RocketMermaid posted:

Was this the same Nobel committee that gave Henry Kissinger the Nobel Peace Prize?

There is no one Nobel committee, it's adjudicated by experts in the relevant field

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Wayne Knight posted:

I commend Jeff Foxworthy for trying to update his bit but it falls flat IMO.

If you think your Zionist neighbors are tunneling under your house and blasting mind control beams to your kid's vaxx chips to make them disrespect you, you might be a redneck.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t see how tanking the economy can help trump when we know voters uniformly blame the shutdown on republicans.

Bad economy being bad for the incumbent no matter the reason is a pretty solid rule of thumb. Most voters are not informed enough to see that nuance.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

who were the two dems?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lolling as I remember that McCarthy cut a deal with dems to protect him after the last continuing resolution vote, then he went on TV and poo poo talked them and blamed them for all of the stupid poo poo his own party did, so democrats went, "McCarthy who? Never heard of him," when the vote to chuck him came up a few days later.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Aramis posted:

Bad economy being bad for the incumbent no matter the reason is a pretty solid rule of thumb. Most voters are not informed enough to see that nuance.

The problem with this is if they wanted they could do it. It is not actually that hard. But when push comes to shove they always back down

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Deptfordx posted:

Fun syphilis talk fact.

“Hmm, syphillis, eh? Well, the treatment is quite simple. Take your trousers off and stick your John Thomas into this jar for a minute or two.”
“Umm… why is the jar buzzing?”
“Don’t you worry about that. Now, do you like gin & tonic?”

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
man quite a grind for the House today, they've had to push a button like 3 times

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Serious_Cyclone posted:

man quite a grind for the House today, they've had to push a button like 3 times

well they are off tomorrow because DC is going to get snow lol

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Push yes or no a few times every month.
Okay, gimme money, please.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Grey Cat posted:

Push yes or no a few times every month.
Okay, gimme money, please.

this is a gross misrepresentation, they would not say please

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Erebus posted:

this is a gross misrepresentation, they would not say please

You're right, I'd never cut it as a congress creature.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
push yes or no a few times, tweet ":byodood: the guvmint trackin u threw yure cabela's gift cards!", then get paid

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

You have to go to the print shop at least once a month to blow up some Hunter dick pics

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

and now Trump is back on Truth social tweeting out all the E Jean Carroll things again

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

kazil posted:

and now Trump is back on Truth social tweeting out all the E Jean Carroll things again

Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, former Presidents gotta defame women they were found civilly liable of sexually assaulting in 1996, bing bong.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

kazil posted:

can she just sue him for defamation a third time if this keeps going on?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jake Gittes posted:

double jeopardy!!!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

kazil posted:

You have to go to the print shop at least once a month to blow up some Hunter dick pics

At this point MTG's local shop probably just has them saved on their local drive for quick access.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hunter Biden has agreed to testify in private.
https://apnews.com/article/hunter-biden-congress-contempt-subpoena-058b67e9d69bd12d14b8e395c2aadaf0

Don't know why he wouldn't want to stick to his guns and insist on a public hearing

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Jake Gittes posted:

E Jean Carol soon to be the majority owner of all of Trump's assets, which now consist of half-eaten hamburgers angrily smashed under his fists and a bunch of ketchup-stained walls inside a lovely 90's-themed country club.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Infinitum posted:

https://apnews.com/article/hunter-biden-congress-contempt-subpoena-058b67e9d69bd12d14b8e395c2aadaf0

Don't know why he wouldn't want to stick to his guns and insist on a public hearing

Probably because last time mtg waggled his dong around in public again.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Barometer posted:

:bahgawd: Thar's a thief in the White House! They done stole it frum Trump!! Get r done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QauZ8sDL0-o

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Serious_Cyclone posted:

push yes or no a few times, tweet ":byodood: the guvmint trackin u threw yure cabela's gift cards!", then get paid

Gubnermint OUT off my Medicare and Social Security!!!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Infinitum posted:

So dumb, but maybe he thinks it'll put the whole thing to rest as a public hearing is going to be MTG showing off his dong to the world, while a private hearing is going to be MTG showing off his dong to a bunch of thirsty republicans who have already seen it. Nothing of substance will come out of it, and they might get more ammunition by talking poo poo in public than trying to constrain it to the private hearing where non-Republicans will be able to confirm what was or wasn't said, now that the circus reached new heights

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Deptfordx posted:

Fun syphilis talk fact.

isn’t syphilis a bacteria? like a spirochete or something like that?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Honestly, it might even shift the blame for some of the fundamental economic issues from dems to to the GOP

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

A vacating Johnson?

I know who to call

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Deptfordx posted:

Fun syphilis talk fact.

This reminded me that The Knick is a very good show.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Barometer posted:

:bahgawd: Thar's a thief in the White House! They done stole it frum Trump!! Get r done!

I know this is a joke, but I would bet you there was a gently caress ton of these from red states upto Jan 6th.
The brain wormed shouting down the phone 'ITS YALL JOB TO PROTECT THIS COUNTRY!'

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest

TrashMammal posted:

isn’t syphilis a bacteria? like a spirochete or something like that?

It is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

Swatting the White House now...

Oh enjoy forever Prison whoever you are