Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My hometown’s nickname was “Apple Capital of the World” so I grew up with apple butter PLUS apple bread

The high school football stadium was the Apple Bowl

The high school newspaper was The Apple Leaf

But all the orchards grew were shitass Red Delicious and Golden Delicious which went mealy and poo poo if you looked at them wrong

Give me a nice Gala or Fuji any day

Sorry my team is sitting at home without a coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Top tier apple right now is the cosmic crisp.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

who are the psychos eating red delicious apples anyways? I really don’t think I’ve ever met a single person who likes them

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mustached Demon posted:

Top tier apple right now is the cosmic crisp.

QFT

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

holefoods posted:

who are the psychos eating red delicious apples anyways? I really don’t think I’ve ever met a single person who likes them

for your perusing pleasure

https://applerankings.com/

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

holefoods posted:

They were the thing back in the day because they were big shiny red apples like people thought apples should look like. But were poo poo for eating out of hand

Dried apples and apple chips own bones too

APPLES BITCH!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Allegedly, ALLEGEDLY, red delicious are good for pies. I will not test that theory myself.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

holefoods posted:

They have a shelf life of like 2 years? By shelf life I mean they're the same mealy rear end poo poo for the duration.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

This is awesome. Now I need to find where I can get SweeTango because Honeycrisp is my GOAT. Just had a conversation the other day about how there was so much hype for Cosmic Crisp that it was as good as Honeycrisp but never browned and lasted forever and it fell short on every side. #WAPosting

This website just kicked off a a household debate. We all agree the Fuji is very underrated on the list because it is the Swiss Army apple, great for baking but still good in its own right. Granny smith is also underrated, not great on its own but if you ever want a bright, punchy apple flavor it is the best. Anyway, football or something?

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 18, 2024

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Allegedly, ALLEGEDLY, red delicious are good for pies. I will not test that theory myself.

Granny Smiths are good for pies

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I love granny smiths. Very tart. I like tart. Also yes good for pies. I find a lot of apples are too sweet. I think grannies are probably just as sweet, but the tartness offsets it.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Cat Hassler posted:

Give me a nice Gala or Fuji any day

I love me a gala apple as well.

holefoods posted:

I like red delicious apples. :smith:

Cat Hassler posted:

Granny Smiths are good for pies

This is true, but I like them on their own as well. I'm an old school apple guy.

Lifespan posted:

Anyway, football or something?

Eli Apple is bad at football.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Eli Apple is bad at football.

Thanks for bringing it home.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

More like Eli red delicious

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Eli Manning?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Sounds like I need to get some kanzis

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I like red delicious apples. :smith:

well, I guess I’m glad they’re not all just ending up food waste

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Did some Cardinals face consequences? Or are they leaving the sunk ship?

This team is pretty depressing and I hope they become less of a misery factory to work for. I know better than to expect a goddamn thing on the field (other than injuries)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

quote:

The moves come five months after Arizona hired Walls in August and more than two months after ESPN's investigation into the toxic workplace culture that current and former employees found to be abusive and intimidating due, in part, to owner Michael Bidwill.

I assume Bidwill's not going anywhere though right

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Final 49ers' injury update before the game:

Ferrell is out
Greenlaw is questionable

Everyone else is playing :dance:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Envy Apples are close to top tier as well, but Cosmic Crisp is my current fave.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Final 49ers' injury update before the game:

Ferrell is out
Greenlaw is questionable

Everyone else is playing :dance:

hufanga and dwelly are both still on IR too but we knew that would be the case

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

hufanga and dwelly are both still on IR too but we knew that would be the case

Obviously everyone on IR is still on IR, yes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sorry I was like, oh hey hufanga's back? because you said everyone was healthy and then I went and looked and thought about it for more than two seconds lol

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

sorry I was like, oh hey hufanga's back? because you said everyone was healthy and then I went and looked and thought about it for more than two seconds lol

Brown's back and Gipson is back, which means they're no longer starting third and fourth string safeties that they just signed off the street :hmmyes:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
That's going to be really important, containing Jamal Adams is one of the keys to victory for the 49ers.

I'm feeling really worried about Saturday but maybe I've just been watching too much positive Packers coverage.

Edit: Armstead being back is huge for run game stopping/slowing too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't think it's a cakewalk but I also don't think green bay is a particularly bad matchup for the niners the way baltimore was. I do hope that the niners linebackers have been working on tackling this week.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Armstead is absolutely the biggest return for the 49ers

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

MakaVillian posted:

Armstead is absolutely the biggest return for the 49ers

Agreed, but the safeties are, combined, just about as important. Been a while since the D-line and secondary have been this healthy.

OGS-Remix posted:

That's going to be really important, containing Jamal Adams

Who :confused:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Oh yeah Aaron Jones, not Jamal Adams. I dunno why said the wrong person lol.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Getting Jauan Jennings back is really good too. He had some very clutch catches this entire season.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I don't think the Niners are just gonna forget to cover guys like Dallas was. Like seriously it cannot be understated just how awful the Dallas defense was in that wildcard. There's always a *chance* that the Niners come out and poo poo themselves like that, but it would be a major surprise.

I've watched the QB School and JFA breakdowns of Love in that game, and he was not some unstoppable god. He missed some reads and was also late on reads, but it didn't matter because Dallas was garbage.

This is also a team that lost to the Bucs and Giants last month. Their last 4 games have been against Carolina, Minnesota starting Nick Mullens, Chicago, and whatever that was in Dallas last week. It hasn't exactly been a murderer's row.

Any Given Sunday of course, but it would be a massive upset for them to win.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

trilljester posted:

Getting Jauan Jennings back is really good too. He had some very clutch catches this entire season.

He's the best blocking WR on the team. Like he's had some key catches, especially on third down plays, but I think the reason he's a starting WR3 is because of his blocking.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

He's the best blocking WR on the team. Like he's had some key catches, especially on third down plays, but I think the reason he's a starting WR3 is because of his blocking.

It's also because the WR depth is pretty dire. 31 year old Chris Conley, and special teams players McCloud and Bell. Maybe if Danny Gray hadn't gone out for the year with an injury :smith:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Packers are clearly better. They beat Dallas and beat Carolina while giving up 30. They are probably the best team ever, actually.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Waltzing Along posted:

The Packers are clearly better. They beat Dallas and beat Carolina while giving up 30. They are probably the best team ever, actually.

They can also sack Purdy and force interceptions at will, according to their players :hmmyes:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Packers are pretty run heavy too so stopping that will be key. Get them into some 3rd and longs and the secondary will probably feast. If the DL doesn't first.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/MattLoveless/status/1748089805756580121?t=EopfrDmdaweT6eTcNgjx4Q&s=19

Never forget...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Did the game after that have a happy ending? I'm having a hard time remembering, but I could have sworn the ending was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

I will never forget Marshawn being one of the most entertaining RBs ever, his style is so sick