Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The Door Frame posted:

We don't use ground wires here, the metal conduit is the ground wire. And I meant it as a statement of why those rules don't really apply to regular home repair, because the spirit of those extremely strict laws is to protect the city from lawsuits by skyscrapers filled with people, not make sure a bungalow in Garfield Park has the right kind of outlet

A friend of mine is an electrician in Chicago and he insists on putting a bare copper ground wire in conduit in case somebody uses their conduit as a pull-up bar and breaks the ground path that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Here in NZ you can legally do most repairs yourself, replacing like-for-like, connecting fixed wire appliances and the like, up to the point of basically altering or adding anything in the mains panel being off limits.

quote:

Install, extend, and alter sub-circuits (including sub-mains), provided that you:
*cannot connect your work to the electricity supply yourself
*must get the finished work tested and connected by a licensed electrical inspector who will verify the safety of the completed work before connecting it. It is advisable to have consulted the inspector prior to starting any installation, extension, or alterations.

So unless you have a tame electrician who's happy to sign off, if you have to pay them to come twice (before and after), you might as well pay them to just come once and do the whole thing, for a small one off job.

Oh and the real catch that I actually like is, you can only do any of this legally on a home you own AND live in. So your chucklefuck landlord or boss can't just yahoo it together, they legally have to engage a professional.

quote:

Employers, employees, landlords, tenants and school staff (including caretakers) cannot carry out electrical work in their workplace or any rented property unless they are registered electrical workers and hold current practising licences.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Darchangel posted:

...you've never used an electrician in America, have you?

Literally the only time I would use an electrician is if code requires it, or it's just too much work, just so I don't have to deal with the bullshit of finding a competent "professional."
Finally found a decent plumber - keeping them. Costs to much, but some of this poo poo I just can't do any more. Getting old sucks.

yes, i have and they did a great job! passed code inspection and reasonable priced work too

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Former Everything posted:

I'm a lurker in AI, but we recently picked up a 2024 GR Corolla, which seems very AI and made me want to post here. Just about 1000 miles on it so far, but it's a really fun little AWD car. I'm hoping to take it to a local road course this spring in Bowling Green and see what that's like.

Hell yeah!

Which submodel? Got pictures?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

yes, i have and they did a great job! passed code inspection and reasonable priced work too

huh. Well lucky you!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Safety Dance posted:

A friend of mine is an electrician in Chicago and he insists on putting a bare copper ground wire in conduit in case somebody uses their conduit as a pull-up bar and breaks the ground path that way.

Honestly, I ~trust~ the math enough to be ok with it in my own home, but it would be nice to have at least a dummy ground to give me a clue as to if the person who installed the thing even tried

I'm a lurker in AI, but we recently picked up a 2024 GR Corolla, which seems very AI and made me want to post here. Just about 1000 miles on it so far, but it's a really fun little AWD car. I'm hoping to take it to a local road course this spring in Bowling Green and see what that's like.

Welcome friend! All cars are good cars, except the Plymouth Prowler, and it sounds like you got a fun one

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Alternatively, all cars are terrible and pieces of poo poo.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Especially the Plymouth Prowler

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes go hot Corolla. AI demands pictures!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

come rep your house in the hot hatch thread

we were just debating whether or not the new CTR/ITS supplanted the GR Corolla in the minds of the automotive internet

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I’d argue also everywhere I have lived trying to get a tradesperson to do anything remotely minor is a nightmare because the good people or companies are swimming in big jobs. The only people you might get are the mediocre people where yeah you are probably better off doing it yourself, especially as I imagine a good chunk of AI folks are comfortable enough around their car stuff around your house isn’t much different in what you need to pay attention to and be careful about.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Today's checklist is done.

Rode bike to pharmacy to get insulin and pump supplies. Completed that successfully.

Got lunch..a very healthy chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes. The green beans made it healthy!.... Right?

Gkt hit by a car heading home. Somehow this is where things get fuzzy (I'm sure the huge lump on my head is unrelated)

Random person claiming to be a nurse drove me to the emergency room after confirming nothing critical was broken. I know she had black scrubs on with her name embroidered, said she worked in a nearby hospital. The color of scrubs suggested ER doctor. I was in no shape to argue - she helped me into the back of her car and asked if it was too painful to put on the seat belt (no). Black scrubs with both local hospital systems denote a full blown ER doctor - or denotes a full vet. Either way, she checked vitals, made sure I could stand, and helped me into the back of her car.

Don't remember poo poo after that, except what's left of my bike somehow made it home, and my gf isn't speaking to me. I know I have a broken eye socket and black eye, and I have stitches above my eye. I don't even know what hospital I wound up in (I'm sure I'll know in a few weeks when the bills show up, but the nearest is a medium size regional hospital, probably wound up there).

Have paperwork from local. PD about a hit and run with "moderate to severe injuries" and noting I was transported by a private vehicle. I have zero recollection of dealing with police. Or hospital. Or even anything much behind getting into the back seat of a later model. RAV4 and putting on my seat belt, and being handed half a box of gauze and ordered to keep pressure on my forehead. I did get a chuckle when I said "well poo poo, I guess I'm leaking, huh?".

I know the person who took me to the hospital works in medical care of some kind. I don't know if they're the one who hit me or not (I think the car in front of them did). She had black scrubs with an ambroidered name, so I'm assuming either an ER doc or a vetrenarian.

My everything hurts, pretty sure I broke a rib or two, my GF won't even talk to me now, and the room won't stop doing the tilt a whirl poo poo. Which tells me I probably. went to the regional hospital that rarely even has someone on hand for xrays.-closest hospital. Don't have any paperwork from any hospital tho.

GF said she did not pick me, or my bike, up. I know I've puked at least 5x at home that I know of.. She probably thinks I got hammered, but this is more concussion poo poo. I think.

I'm hindsight I wish I'd waited for ems, but that's a $1500 bill for them to just show up. Transport doubles it. And they balance bill (insurance might cover 100-300.. For AL'S)

Tl;Dr today sucks, but I'm alive. For better or worse. Still trying to figure out why gf won't talk to me - I know I have some kind of concussion and probably didn't make much sense when I got home. I guess the upside is I have a king size Sterns and Foster bed to myself for the night.... Just gotta find a new bike now. I REALLY liked that bike damnit.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jan 19, 2024

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
drat dude, glad you're alive

I swear to God I've never seen someone else with such loving bad luck

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I’m glad you’re alive dude. Did the person who picked you up/dropped you off at the hospital not leave any identifying information with you or the hospital/cops?

I don’t mean to impugn a probable Good Samaritan but you ending up with a near-total absence of information strikes me as really shady. Presumably you got some kind of witness statement, etc from them if you ended up with a police report, right?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm outside at the corner waiting for the weed delivery guy (I had $40 of promotional gift money to spend or I'd have just gone to the dispensary) who was now 3+ hours late due to some glitch in their system... I saw a doordash person cluelessly trying to find an address on a street that has no addresses on it, I'm on the phone dealing with the weed delivery service's support chat when I hear something drop across the street. By the time I looked up a couple minutes later, the doordasher is nowhere to be seen/had gone around to the other side of the block or something.

I stood there for 5 minutes while the weed dude arrived, and the doordash guy never came back. So that's the story of how I got a chicken shish kebab plate that I found in the road

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
la vida te da sorpresas

sorpresas te da la vida

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

drat random, glad you are alive but holy hell you have the worst luck. I hope you recover okay

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Goddamn how dystopian it is to be afraid of an ambulance picking you up because it's too expensive.

In my own news I entered two of my cars into a value estimator.
'07 yaris diesel with 425,000km on it = 6600€
'05 Mazda with 225,000km on it: 4400€

Lmao none of these cars are worth over 2000€, maybe not even 1500€

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

Goddamn how dystopian it is to be afraid of an ambulance picking you up because it's too expensive.

I once had an ambulance called for me, they showed up, couldn't do poo poo because they couldn't administer pain meds to move me, waited 10 minutes for a better ambulance to show up and then billed me $200. I have also driven to the hospital in "shouldn't be driving" condition to avoid an ambulance.

In my own news I entered two of my cars into a value estimator.
'07 yaris diesel with 425,000km on it = 6600€
'05 Mazda with 225,000km on it: 4400€

Lmao none of these cars are worth over 2000€, maybe not even 1500€

Got me beat. (there is no 1999 option)

Shame it lost 2/3rds of it's value in 10 years :(

At least the American site knows what's up.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I ran my cars through those calculators
2008 M3 with 35k miles 2nd owner: Paid $38k, now worth $20k
1992 Miata with 69k miles 2nd owner: Paid $3700, now worth $3500
1985 Volvo 240 DL with 150k miles 2nd owner: Paid $2500, now worth $500
1966 Pontiac GTO with 91k miles, family owned since day 1 but techically 3rd owner: Paid $3700 in 1966, now worth $8600

Sounds like I should trade them all in for a cybertrvkk !! :awesome:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I couldn't get a price estimate on my '90 Saab 900 Turbo, too rare to produce any decent stats I guess. + huge price variations due to individual condition of the cars.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Humphreys posted:

My post is a 'how to' on insulting americans and/or british.

I used to wire up military aircraft. I still get an electrician to do anything mains level in my house. Do you all not have certificates of work incase something fucks up that the law/insurance can go after when poo poo goes bad?

When I worked with my dad, he had a buddy who was a Boeing electrician, all he did was run harness in aircraft (which, tbf, is a skill all of its own) he stole thousands of feet of cable from the job and decided to use it to wire a little machine shop he was building.

Everything was like 24-16ga, it all formed impromptu fuses when he powered the machines on, we came in and fixed it.

Anyways, now I'm just a mechanic and have been for over a decade, electrons are perfidious and should not be trusted.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I got called beautiful by a stranger in public for the first time! I'm awkward as gently caress, so I said thank you a bunch of times and practically ran away, but she made my entire week :swoon:

randomidiot posted:

Today's checklist is done.

Rode bike to pharmacy to get insulin and pump supplies. Completed that successfully.

Got lunch..a very healthy chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes. The green beans made it healthy!.... Right?

Gkt hit by a car heading home. Somehow this is where things get fuzzy (I'm sure the huge lump on my head is unrelated)

Random person claiming to be a nurse drove me to the emergency room after confirming nothing critical was broken. I know she had black scrubs on with her name embroidered, said she worked in a nearby hospital. The color of scrubs suggested ER doctor. I was in no shape to argue - she helped me into the back of her car and asked if it was too painful to put on the seat belt (no). Black scrubs with both local hospital systems denote a full blown ER doctor - or denotes a full vet. Either way, she checked vitals, made sure I could stand, and helped me into the back of her car.

Don't remember poo poo after that, except what's left of my bike somehow made it home, and my gf isn't speaking to me. I know I have a broken eye socket and black eye, and I have stitches above my eye. I don't even know what hospital I wound up in (I'm sure I'll know in a few weeks when the bills show up, but the nearest is a medium size regional hospital, probably wound up there).

Have paperwork from local. PD about a hit and run with "moderate to severe injuries" and noting I was transported by a private vehicle. I have zero recollection of dealing with police. Or hospital. Or even anything much behind getting into the back seat of a later model. RAV4 and putting on my seat belt, and being handed half a box of gauze and ordered to keep pressure on my forehead. I did get a chuckle when I said "well poo poo, I guess I'm leaking, huh?".

I know the person who took me to the hospital works in medical care of some kind. I don't know if they're the one who hit me or not (I think the car in front of them did). She had black scrubs with an ambroidered name, so I'm assuming either an ER doc or a vetrenarian.

My everything hurts, pretty sure I broke a rib or two, my GF won't even talk to me now, and the room won't stop doing the tilt a whirl poo poo. Which tells me I probably. went to the regional hospital that rarely even has someone on hand for xrays.-closest hospital. Don't have any paperwork from any hospital tho.

GF said she did not pick me, or my bike, up. I know I've puked at least 5x at home that I know of.. She probably thinks I got hammered, but this is more concussion poo poo. I think.

I'm hindsight I wish I'd waited for ems, but that's a $1500 bill for them to just show up. Transport doubles it. And they balance bill (insurance might cover 100-300.. For AL'S)

Tl;Dr today sucks, but I'm alive. For better or worse. Still trying to figure out why gf won't talk to me - I know I have some kind of concussion and probably didn't make much sense when I got home. I guess the upside is I have a king size Sterns and Foster bed to myself for the night.... Just gotta find a new bike now. I REALLY liked that bike damnit.

You've had all the CT scans, right, no internal bleeding or swelling? I can practically read the post concussive symptoms in your post, and hearing that you "probably" have broken ribs does not fill me with confidence that you should lose consciousness alone. Wishing you the best man

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Ether Frenzy posted:

I ran my cars through those calculators
2008 M3 with 35k miles 2nd owner: Paid $38k, now worth $20k
1992 Miata with 69k miles 2nd owner: Paid $3700, now worth $3500
1985 Volvo 240 DL with 150k miles 2nd owner: Paid $2500, now worth $500
1966 Pontiac GTO with 91k miles, family owned since day 1 but techically 3rd owner: Paid $3700 in 1966, now worth $8600

Sounds like I should trade them all in for a cybertrvkk !! :awesome:

Lmao those values

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

loving Christ, dude. What did you do in a previous life? Are you Job?

:911:

Powershift posted:

I once had an ambulance called for me, they showed up, couldn't do poo poo because they couldn't administer pain meds to move me, waited 10 minutes for a better ambulance to show up and then billed me $200. I have also driven to the hospital in "shouldn't be driving" condition to avoid an ambulance.

Got me beat. (there is no 1999 option)

Shame it lost 2/3rds of it's value in 10 years :(

At least the American site knows what's up.

I ran my '05 Crown Vic and our '08 Kia Spectra5 through Carmax and Carvana's trade-in calculator back in 2020. I think Carmax's was slightly better, but both offered like $200/$500 respectively. Just insulting. Meanwhile, I sold the Kia for $3K shortly after. In Texas, anything that runs and, critically, has working AC is worth at least $1500-2000.
KBB was much more reasonable. Clearly Carmax/Carvana just weren't interested in old junk.

The Door Frame posted:

I got called beautiful by a stranger in public for the first time! I'm awkward as gently caress, so I said thank you a bunch of times and practically ran away, but she made my entire week :swoon:

Nice to have your existence not only validated but praised from time to time!

quote:

You've had all the CT scans, right, no internal bleeding or swelling? I can practically read the post concussive symptoms in your post, and hearing that you "probably" have broken ribs does not fill me with confidence that you should lose consciousness alone. Wishing you the best man

No poo poo. Several things repeated several times (though STR does that from time to time anyway...)

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The Door Frame posted:

Practically?

quote:

Random person claiming to be a nurse drove me to the emergency room after confirming nothing critical was broken. I know she had black scrubs on with her name embroidered, said she worked in a nearby hospital. The color of scrubs suggested ER doctor. I was in no shape to argue - she helped me into the back of her car and asked if it was too painful to put on the seat belt (no). Black scrubs with both local hospital systems denote a full blown ER doctor - or denotes a full vet

my gf isn't speaking to me

my GF won't even talk to me now

You're concussed. You need to be evaluated for that. If you need somebody who isn't concussed to have a conversation with your girlfriend to figure out why she's not speaking to you, I'm sure any of us could do it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Darchangel posted:

loving Christ, dude. What did you do in a previous life? Are you Job?

the parable of the wandering goon

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

trilobite terror posted:

I’m glad you’re alive dude. Did the person who picked you up/dropped you off at the hospital not leave any identifying information with you or the hospital/cops?

I don’t mean to impugn a probable Good Samaritan but you ending up with a near-total absence of information strikes me as really shady. Presumably you got some kind of witness statement, etc from them if you ended up with a police report, right?

Yeah, I need to get the full police report - I know her first name, that's it. Things are a blank more because I whacked my head pretty good (bad enough that I broke my RX sunglasses, and have a bunch of stitches above my eye - also a golf ball right there, NO YOU CANNOT PLAY GOLF WITH IT). I remember the entire ride with her, we were talking about random bullshit the entire time (with her handing me more and more paper towels, I was leaking worse than I thought).

Safety Dance posted:

You're concussed. You need to be evaluated for that. If you need somebody who isn't concussed to have a conversation with your girlfriend to figure out why she's not speaking to you, I'm sure any of us could do it.

Yeah, I'll be going back for an evaluation on that, but I slept without dying, so.... And it turns out she was just cranky from being really tired - she moved to the couch because I was snoring so drat loud. I woke up around 11, and kept trying to wake her up to come to bed and whooooooo boy was that a bad idea (she is EXTREMELY cranky when woken up).

The Door Frame posted:

Had a CT (can't WAIT for the bill on that, insurance doesn't cover CT or MRI until I hit my $8000 deductible, then I still have to pay 25% - but xrays are only $10/ea without regard for deductible, go figure). They did say I had a "mild" concussion, but released me. Bits and pieces are coming together, I know for sure which hospital I was at now (the closest one like I figured) - it's a medium size (~120 beds, level IV trauma center) regional hospital that's very hit and miss in the ER, but was pretty decent the one time I've been admitted.

I need to look over my renters and automotive insurance to see a bicycle and associated injuries are covered. I know Progressive automotive policies cover a whole lot more than just injuries from a car wreck, and we carry very low deductibles/fairly high limits. But our insurance tripled when I got added back to it (since, uh, legal issues), so that's kind of a last resort.

More pissed about the bike at this point - it was a really nice, mint (especially considering its age - it was older than some forums users) Cannondale MTB that I got a lot of fun out of with nothing more than a couple of sets of tires and tubes. Yes, Cannondale made MTBs. It was a beaut, Clark. I MIGHT be able to fix it with new wheels and a new fork.. I don't know how badly tweaked the frame is yet, I'm gonna have to haul it down to a bike shop and see if they think it can be saved (it's a rare enough bike in a very rare color, I think it's worth it). I think it was one of the rarest colors for that line though, so finding a matching fork won't be easy (I've never even seen another one of these IRL since I was in high school, and online searches have never turned up the same color).

Overall I feel a lot more coherent today. Definitely not 100%, but I haven't been 100% in years anyway.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 19, 2024

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
cannondale still makes mountain bikes. At least they’ll keep doing so until they go under.

hopefully the frame can be saved. You may not be able to find a good condition period-correct fork in your budget (and you prolly can, eBay’s always got tons of bike stuff) but there are new options out there, even if it means going to a rigid fork or a temporally-incongruous suspension fork

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

It's a fully rigid mid 90s bike anyway. I'll be hunting ebay for as long as it takes to get the right fork if the shop gives the frame a clean bill of health (been wanting a different front crank set anyway). The paint on the bike is (well, was) MINT (and I'd expect no less from the person I got it from, they're extremely meticulous with everything they own). Despite being rigid, it's very much worth saving simply because it's such a well preserved, drat near factory condition bike, despite me catching LOTS of air with it on a few trails near me (Suburban Ninja is tits, even after the fire; a lot of the offshoots of Brushy Creek Trail are good too). I found the Walnut Creek BMX trail by total accident once too - literally - flying down a trail by my old place, and OH gently caress I'M NOT ON THE BIKE ANYMORE WHERE DID IT Goh it just landed in that berm aw gently caress this is gonna hurt

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

randomidiot posted:

It's a fully rigid mid 90s bike anyway. I'll be hunting ebay for as long as it takes to get the right fork if the shop gives the frame a clean bill of health (been wanting a different front crank set anyway). The paint on the bike is (well, was) MINT (and I'd expect no less from the person I got it from, they're extremely meticulous with everything they own). Despite being rigid, it's very much worth saving simply because it's such a well preserved, drat near factory condition bike, despite me catching LOTS of air with it on a few trails near me (Suburban Ninja is tits, even after the fire; a lot of the offshoots of Brushy Creek Trail are good too). I found the Walnut Creek BMX trail by total accident once too - literally - flying down a trail by my old place, and OH gently caress I'M NOT ON THE BIKE ANYMORE WHERE DID IT Goh it just landed in that berm aw gently caress this is gonna hurt

what is it, a steel 26” MTB? Yeah there’s a bunch of new rigid forks out there, some really nice ones too for that matter.

https://www.jensonusa.com/Dimension-26-260mm-Mountain-Fork-en.aspx

I think Surly makes some too, but those might be 27/29”

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah almost positive it's a 26" (been a few years since I had to order anything for it), it'd just be nice to find one with matching paint and stickers. Though worst case I can get it painted.

I'm serious when I say the paint on this looks brand new, almost like it'd been waxed weekly.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 20, 2024

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

randomidiot posted:

Yeah almost positive it's a 26" (been a few years since I had to order anything for it), it'd just be nice to find one with matching paint and stickers. Though worst case I can get it painted.

Post that poo poo (and post about it in the bike threads), we live for helping fix old wheeled things

There’s a whole cottage industry around replicating old decals and mfg labels for vintage bikes too. There’s a billion dudes online making aftermarket Reynolds stickers and whatnot for all of your rebuild needs

We’re gonna make this bike so pretty that you won’t want to ride it anymore and you’ll have to get a brand new one because the “classic bike” is too nice.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 20, 2024

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
on the other hand why are you worrying about it after getting a serious injury?

Humphreys
Jan 26, 2013

We conceived a way to use my mother as a porn mule

randomidiot posted:

Universe making GBS threads on you

WTF? From that post alone it's seems obvious to me that you have quite a substantial concussion.

Get well soon and keep us updated on the CTs.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Tomarse posted:

My 99's also have the space for the reversing bulb in the front light fittings but no actual bulb holder. I have always meant to get some sockets and fit some too. Let us know how you do it :)

I think your c900 is the same as the 99 also in that it uses dual filament bulbs in every position, so you can mess about and wire up the other filaments for things too if they were not factory wired.
My 1978 99 has the other filament wired as DRL's but they dropped that in the 1980 UK models so you have to wire the other filaments up yourself.

This is basically what I did, I drilled a hole then I filed out a pair of slots on each side, a step drill worked best. Use a vacuum cleaner to suck out the debris. Also it only uses single filament bulbs.

Now what I discovered was the cheap aftermarket ones I bought would not fit at all. Need the Saab ones, I tried with those holders and it would not go on. But as said in the link I showed you need to file the edges thinner. But I also found if I replaced the gasket with something thinner then it works too.

I'm gonna see if I can buy a 2nd hand indicator light with holders. I just need two of them and it's done. I thought I didn't have the wiring at all on the right side first, couldn't find it. But it was hidden away and ziptied down.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

randomidiot posted:

I'm serious when I say the paint on this looks brand new, almost like it'd been waxed weekly.

Was that a 1994 Cannondale KillerV 500? Huh. Previous owner sounds like an absolute psycho.

In other news, I bought another house yesterday. Kinda just popped up, a 1500sqft cape on 4 acres bumped up against a new development of $1M houses. Estate sale, previous owners were in the house 60 years and took incredible care of it. Plans are to pull up carpet, refinish wood floors, repaint everything, figure out the mess of a kitchen, then rent it. In 5-10 years, do a lot split and sell the house and 1 acre and have the back 3 acres to build a forever house... Goddamn a bunch of big rocks moving all of a sudden.

Nice bonus? It has two out-garages and a shed. I'll use the shed for storage and the smaller garage for a workshop... I've wanted a workshop for decades.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I took the opportunity before the coming rain to clear the pond for skating. It wasn’t the smoothest, but it wasn’t like skating on concrete. Gonna have to get a pump to flood the surface for a nice smooth finish.

Skating rocks but it sure uses different muscles than walking.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

meatpimp posted:

In other news, I bought another house yesterday. Kinda just popped up, a 1500sqft cape on 4 acres bumped up against a new development of $1M houses. Estate sale, previous owners were in the house 60 years and took incredible care of it. Plans are to pull up carpet, refinish wood floors, repaint everything, figure out the mess of a kitchen, then rent it. In 5-10 years, do a lot split and sell the house and 1 acre and have the back 3 acres to build a forever house... Goddamn a bunch of big rocks moving all of a sudden.

Nice bonus? It has two out-garages and a shed. I'll use the shed for storage and the smaller garage for a workshop... I've wanted a workshop for decades.

Plot twist: the HOA for the neighboring development will attempt to assimilate the property and fine you to death for disallowed outbuildings. And the color of the drapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

randomidiot posted:

Plot twist: the HOA for the neighboring development will attempt to assimilate the property and fine you to death for disallowed outbuildings. And the color of the drapes.

Our Neighborhood is a mix of old development (1960s-1975) and new development (1985-1995) and there's HOA in the new neighborhood but not the old portions, which is fun when someone from the HOA came to bother me about my project cars in the back yard, and I had to point out that I'm not in their HOA.