Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Flux Wildly posted:

Ok my internet poisoned brain can’t parse it for anything but what we all know and love. What was the ‘proper’ answer?

It's Billy Ocean, obviously. With his gaping arse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Traitors: man Paul is so weird, I know a lot of it's the editing and we have the benefit of knowing everyone's affiliations already but I can't believe no-one would have picked up on how sus he was acting after Miles got banished. Harry's definitely right to be getting ready to drop him, and really looking forward to his reaction to getting outplayed.

From the way Miles was talking I was fully expecting him to try and drop Harry in the poo poo as well, maybe go out like Kieran from last series and just burn it all down.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Traitors:

Paul finally falls! Harry played that excellently, as soon as Paul started talking about him the switch was flipped and he went round planting the seeds. The "little Harry" comment really rubbed me the wrong way as well.

Andrew just not at all being keen on being a traitor is very funny. He's completely right as well, Harry is going to chuck him under the bus at the drop of a hat.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

EvilHawk posted:

Traitors:

Paul finally falls! Harry played that excellently, as soon as Paul started talking about him the switch was flipped and he went round planting the seeds. The "little Harry" comment really rubbed me the wrong way as well.

Andrew just not at all being keen on being a traitor is very funny. He's completely right as well, Harry is going to chuck him under the bus at the drop of a hat.

his interview on Uncloaked is really interesting - he was pretty much going entirely method, and was reading American Psycho to inspire him

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
All I can really say is

finally

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I like how the last two tasks, the funeral and archery ones have been game related at least rather than completely superfluous like usual.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

(Traitors) Paul’s biggest mistake was not murdering Jas super early on. Everyone says it would’ve instantly brought suspicion on him if he did, but eh I’m not entirely convinced the faithful actually would’ve put it together. You could probably murder every person who named you at the previous round table, and the next day they’d banish someone for walking in a funny way once

The wink in the car was loving gold.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Traitors: the Harry/Andrew "partnership" is going to be really interesting while it lasts. I'm hoping for Andrew to pull off a miracle victory as the funniest possible outcome for the series.

e:

EL BROMANCE posted:

(Traitors) Paul’s biggest mistake was not murdering Jas super early on. Everyone says it would’ve instantly brought suspicion on him if he did, but eh I’m not entirely convinced the faithful actually would’ve put it together. You could probably murder every person who named you at the previous round table, and the next day they’d banish someone for walking in a funny way once

The traitors keep saying they can't go for someone who names them since it would look like retaliation but everyone thinks that so you could easily spin it as a frame-up instead. Especially if it's someone like Jaz that no-one seems to actually like, they'd be super willing to just go with it.

dordreff fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jan 19, 2024

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

EvilHawk posted:

Traitors:

It's great to see Paul go, but it would have been amazing to see the Traitors meeting after Harry had turned on him. Poor Andrew just standing there.

Last year, I thought that by the end, most of the big personalities had gone and the last few episodes lagged a bit. That might happen again. There's nobody left who I really dislike either, so I'll be happy whoever wins from here, I think.

Ross will probably be in trouble tonight. Will be interesting to see if he reveals that Diane was his mother if he'd banished. That whole thing would be a bit of a letdown if it doesn't come out during the game. The highlight for me last year was when it came out about Tom and Alex resulting in carnage at breakfast.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
:mcrappe: CONGRATERLESHENS TO;-- FUNNY-MAN COMERDY KING RICKY GERVIS ON YOR NEW CAREAR

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

EL BROMANCE posted:

The wink in the car was loving gold.

honestly, this was incredible stuff

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Mickolution posted:

It's great to see Paul go, but it would have been amazing to see the Traitors meeting after Harry had turned on him. Poor Andrew just standing there.

Last year, I thought that by the end, most of the big personalities had gone and the last few episodes lagged a bit. That might happen again. There's nobody left who I really dislike either, so I'll be happy whoever wins from here, I think.

Ross will probably be in trouble tonight. Will be interesting to see if he reveals that Diane was his mother if he'd banished. That whole thing would be a bit of a letdown if it doesn't come out during the game. The highlight for me last year was when it came out about Tom and Alex resulting in carnage at breakfast.

Yeah I agree I think everyone left is someone who is... fine. I like Harry because I think he's playing the game well. Jaz and Zack in their own ways are annoying but neither particularly bother me.

I dunno if you've watched the after show but Diane said basically they promised to never reveal it on the show. I think Ross has come close but that wink in the taxi suggests he's going to keep mum (ha).

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Yeah I agree I think everyone left is someone who is... fine. I like Harry because I think he's playing the game well. Jaz and Zack in their own ways are annoying but neither particularly bother me.

I dunno if you've watched the after show but Diane said basically they promised to never reveal it on the show. I think Ross has come close but that wink in the taxi suggests he's going to keep mum (ha).

I didn't see that, thanks.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

crispix posted:

:mcrappe: CONGRATERLESHENS TO;-- FUNNY-MAN COMERDY KING RICKY GERVIS ON YOR NEW CAREAR

That's Ricky AND Al Murray merged together

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Traitors

This definitely heading towards a Traitors victory. 3 v 5 is great odds for them, though Harry is getting a bit too cocky and as long as Jaz is in there there's a danger. If Jasmine gets voted out next episode they'll have it wrapped up imo.

Ross being absolutely furious they killed his mum while trying his best not to show he was furious at them killing his mum was very very funny.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Anyone else see this at the end of the traitors or was it just on BBC NI?
https://streamable.com/hpfldl

I want to know what was so offensive...

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Mickolution posted:

Anyone else see this at the end of the traitors or was it just on BBC NI?
https://streamable.com/hpfldl

I want to know what was so offensive...

Definitely didn't happen on the iPlayer.

Also watching Uncloaked and they've mentioned how Molly is completely tied to Harry at this point. Metagaming now but if the Traitors can stay loyal to each other and Harry can bring Molly along, I don't think they can actually lose.

Which means one of them is going to gently caress it up, because there's three episodes left.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
going to catch up on Traitors

what i will say is paul has a big mum arse

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Such a great week of episodes, has me way more enthusiastic for this series now.

Man, Harry’s plan would be so perfect if he didn’t say they put Diane ‘in her place’ with such a poo poo eating grin. And he has no idea.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
fuckin hell they seem to only let people on dragons' den these days if they've a traumatic back story to their business

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i mean best i could do would be um

well my da was a big violent arsehole and my ma had to divorce him and um... we were a bit skint and ma wouldn't let us use hair dryers

... and by my teens my hair was quite long :/

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

crispix posted:

fuckin hell they seem to only let people on dragons' den these days if they've a traumatic back story to their business

Great to see them all investing in pseudoscience too. I mean, for gently caress's sake.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
yeah, and commenting that they don't like the cosy cinema pods because they looked like skips but then investing in the couple, not for cosy cinema, but on a punt to see if they can make "Japanese style" tiny houses out of the skip pods

:psyduck:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

crispix posted:

ma had to divorce him and um... we were a bit skint and ma wouldn't let us use hair dryers

just read this and had an idea

catch me next series with my patent pending hair mangle

touker immediately declares himself out because 1. i'm not an attractive woman and 2. he's a bald old git

sara thinks it'll be a goer on the shoppan channals, pet

deborah likes it because it doesn't use electricity (and ignores the fact that its manufacture and transport has a heavier carbon footprint than 60 odd hair dryers)

stephen declares himself out because i'm not on instagram

peter makes an offer to buy 100% of the business from me but so he can repurpose the mangle so people can make their own fois gras at home

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

crispix posted:

touker immediately declares himself out because 1. i'm not an attractive woman and 2. he's a bald old git

Do you make it in China? He'll help you make it in China.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

thehustler posted:

Great to see them all investing in pseudoscience too. I mean, for gently caress's sake.

this is why Shark Tank is better, Mark Cuban will literally say “it’s a scam I’m out” within like 30 seconds

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I still reckon Richard Farleigh was an underrated dragon

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I just watched Blue Lights, that was a really good season of tv.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Oasx posted:

I just watched Blue Lights, that was a really good season of tv.

Yeah, it's great. I'm not usually into cop shows but really enjoyed it.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Seems to be a really high calibre of contestant with this years Pottery Throwdown now that Shani is gone

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

DaWolfey posted:

Seems to be a really high calibre of contestant with this years Pottery Throwdown now that Shani is gone

Oh gently caress I totally forgot it had been on and just spoiled myself

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Dragons Den is just a marketing exercise, where you’re buying access to a Dragon’s Rolodex for a fee.

“I’ll give you 100k for 40%”

Ok, so you’re saying the entire business is worth a total of 250k after your investment? The whole thing, the idea, the prototypes, the team, everything? (The typical valuation of a random Seedrs raise is at 800k-2m)

No, you’re saying “this is worth more, sell me a large chunk at a huge discount and I’ll open doors for you”.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Red Oktober posted:

Dragons Den is just a marketing exercise, where you’re buying access to a Dragon’s Rolodex for a fee.

“I’ll give you 100k for 40%”

Ok, so you’re saying the entire business is worth a total of 250k after your investment? The whole thing, the idea, the prototypes, the team, everything? (The typical valuation of a random Seedrs raise is at 800k-2m)

No, you’re saying “this is worth more, sell me a large chunk at a huge discount and I’ll open doors for you”.

I love that these people actually think the dragons care about investing their time and so called expertise into these businesses. At best they'll make a little show of being hands on with one or two of their investments, because it's a good advert for the show.

Same goes for The Apprentice. Who in their right mind thinks Sugar will actually be a 50-50 business partner with them? The man spent fourteen hours a day on Twitter.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

stev posted:

I love that these people actually think the dragons care about investing their time and so called expertise into these businesses. At best they'll make a little show of being hands on with one or two of their investments, because it's a good advert for the show.

Same goes for The Apprentice. Who in their right mind thinks Sugar will actually be a 50-50 business partner with them? The man spent fourteen hours a day on Twitter.

Exactly, at best it gives you access to a few people who are in a related area and “As seen on Dragons’ Den!” on the label.

The winners are the ones who get offered investment then turn it down, that always gets good press.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Fave Dragons Den (from the same season, possibly same ep as Reggae Reggae Sauce?) the guy who mortgaged his house, destroyed his life, to develop a cap for cucumbers which was immediately called out with 'why not use 0.0001p worth of clingfilm?'. Then 'you're clearly insane but the kind of insane I can make use of, so come work for me'

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

DaWolfey posted:

I love the way there are always several pleasant, introverted, slightly unworldly middle-aged ladies on Throwdown, of the type that don't really get much visibility on other reality shows. They seem terribly shy and awkward in the first couple episodes, then promptly monster their competition with absolutely terrifying competence and creativity, and always seem rather bewildered by the way the judges are praising them so highly, as if they've never really thought about just how good they are at something.

It's adorable, I love the Competent Introverts of the Pottery World.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Chubby Henparty posted:

same ep as Reggae Reggae Sauce?

I hope it was purely for the juxtaposition, I do like Reggae Reggae Sauce and it has made itself into my sauce section of my fridge

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Chubby Henparty posted:

Fave Dragons Den (from the same season, possibly same ep as Reggae Reggae Sauce?) the guy who mortgaged his house, destroyed his life, to develop a cap for cucumbers which was immediately called out with 'why not use 0.0001p worth of clingfilm?'. Then 'you're clearly insane but the kind of insane I can make use of, so come work for me'

I remember that guy, he was American so it made it stand out more.
The magic of dragons den is the people who go "this thing happened to me once in my entire life and never again so I've engineered this insane thing to try and make up for it". I'm thinking of the recent one where there's companies that hire out emergency lights for construction work and this guy made something that meant you never needed to.

But it was something that happens like once every five years and they rightly said "why would anyone buy this for that one small contingency" and he'd been doing it since like 2011 and sold two

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

One of the most successful inventors on DD is the bloke who invented the Tangle Teezer. The dragons basically laughed him out of the Den but his products are sold in TK Maxx and Boots SO WHO'S LAUGHING NOW EH, BITCHES

(For real though, Tangle Teezer has been a huge success and the bloke behind it is now a multi-millionaire)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Traitors chat:

My prediction is, today's episode it's gonna be Jaz who was murdered & Jasmine will get banished.

That then brings us to the final.

I think Harry's best play would be to somehow convince Andrew to murder Zack, which would leave the path clear for him to get Mollie and Evie to banish Andrew. But at this point, I can't see Andrew going for that. He's well-aware that Harry is looking to throw him under the bus.

I suppose the question is, with Jasmine revealing she is a faithful when she's banished, if the traitors then don't murder anyone, will the rest of the group believe there are no traitors left?

In the end, I think the series is going to be decided by Zack and if he pegs someone as the remaining traitor. If he targets Andrew, it's over for the faithful. If he goes for Harry, it could be interesting - but ultimately will still result in a win for the traitors.

I think the traitors have got it in the bag, it's just a question of whether they try to go for a safer option of convincing the rest that there are no traitors left and splitting the cash 2 ways, or risking their own neck by trying to get the other out.

What do you all think?

Edit: Actually, hang on - Do the traitors have the option to neither murder or recruit? Or does it have to be one or the other?

Lemon fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 25, 2024