Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I'm blasting Pantera right now you loving nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
What did Neurosis do that was bad?

Also, Pantera is fine (musically), songs from Vulgar Display of Power have held up reasonably well, still listen to Hollow whenever it pops up.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

What did Neurosis do that was bad?

Scott Kelly was beating his wife. By all accounts he's a piece of poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

On top of that he announced he was quitting music because everyone in the industry was complicit in his abuse, and then everyone who worked with him responded by talking about all the times they tried to get him help and how he was just trying to manipulative and deflect blame while making himself look brave for admitting his faults.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Henchman of Santa posted:

On top of that he announced he was quitting music because everyone in the industry was complicit in his abuse, and then everyone who worked with him responded by talking about all the times they tried to get him help and how he was just trying to manipulative and deflect blame while making himself look brave for admitting his faults.

This is why Neurosis hadn't toured or released anything in forever - the band kicked him out when they found out, but didn't make it public in order to keep his wife/family out of the lovely spotlight. Then he went public about what he'd done, and that was that.

I hope we get more music without him from Neurosis and Absent in Body.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Neurosis definitely have more than enough great albums to just be a legacy act forever, and I don’t know if they have much more to say artistically. Steve sounds exactly like Scott so nobody would tell the difference if he took over his live parts, but idk how good the albums would be with half the songwriting absent. It’s a rough situation.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That sucks.

Neurosis definitely have more than enough great albums to just be a legacy act forever, and I don’t know if they have much more to say artistically. Steve sounds exactly like Scott so nobody would tell the difference if he took over his live parts, but idk how good the albums would be with half the songwriting absent. It’s a rough situation.

The stretch from Souls at Zero through the Sovereign EP is enough for me to cement them in my music hall of fame.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Souls at Zero through The Eye of Every Storm is one of the most unimpeachable runs ever. The Word as Law is actually sick too, if often dismissed because it sounds like a completely different band.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
i like pantera

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Word as Law is actually sick too

Hell yeah I love it

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Weaponized Cum posted:

I'm blasting Pantera right now you loving nerds

Zoben posted:

i like pantera

Standing up and being counted.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 16, 2024

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Zoben posted:

i like pantera

hell same and I’m not afraid to say it

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I don't like pantera but I also don't like groove metal

It's a poorly named genre

It does not groove

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If you didn’t do a spit-take the first time you heard a human utter:

“I would kill myself for you. I would kill you for myself!”

Then buddy I don’t know what to tell ya.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Most of the rest has been talked about but 'Albion' is an old word for Britain and shares a root with 'albatross' and 'Albuquerque' and 'auburn'.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
For sludge fans and loud poo poo fans a video for a song from Whores upcoming album dropped today. Holy moly this rocks

https://youtu.be/UnXHNtjo8SI?si=Tqoxw6wYDV7o-Ph-

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Eat The Rich posted:

Coughs Still They Pray is just so loving good. It really is peak doom metal. It just never gets old.

(Sorta biased cause I met my wife at a Cough show.)

thanks now i'm listening to crippled wizard

the first ep kinda slaps imo

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Cat Hassler posted:

For sludge fans and loud poo poo fans a video for a song from Whores upcoming album dropped today. Holy moly this rocks

This is dripping with Helmet influence. Very cool song.

I've added their stuff to my bandcamp wish list, so thank you!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

This is dripping with Helmet influence. Very cool song.

I've added their stuff to my bandcamp wish list, so thank you!

Cool! I’m an old dude so no one I know in person likes anything I’m into

Whores is one of the best bands I’ve found in the last five or so years, along with Jack Harlon and the Dead Crows (thanks to poster Laserface) and Russian Circles. King Buffalo owns too

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

chunkles posted:

thanks now i'm listening to crippled wizard

the first ep kinda slaps imo

Everything they've released is really good. I love them.

hatelull posted:

Did that band just silently go away? I full subscribe to this opinion. It's just so drat bleak and dank. I love it, but also sad that they just faded into oblivion.

Everything I've found says they're still together. Windhand is still touring so probably just busy with that and life. Hopefully they make more stuff.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs30veDZho0

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

:same:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Cat Hassler posted:

goddamn the LPs all sold out super fast. same thing happened with their previous record.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Conan is coming back to the states :hellyeah:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Cat Hassler posted:

Cool! I’m an old dude so no one I know in person likes anything I’m into

:c00l::hf::c00l:

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010

Ingmar terdman posted:

Conan is coming back to the states :hellyeah:

I would love to see Conan live, but I'm not in the US sadly. I'd love to see YOB as well.

Teenage me is sad I still haven't seen Paradise Lost live, but I've seen the rest of the Peaceville trinity so it's not too bad.

Edit: wow about that belly dancing tangent

abske_fides fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jan 19, 2024

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1y7xladsgg

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Second pressing of the new Whores record: https://theghostisclearrecords.limitedrun.com/products/759832

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I've pre ordered the new Corrupted album which is apparently Felicific Algorithm + Mushikeras mixed into one, and a t shirt because I can't get over one of the greatest doom bands ever are just completely going under the radar again.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I had no idea they were still going, thanks! Corrupted own and Paso Inferior was my first exposure to sludge, listening to their splits is how I found out about this little band called Grief.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

I've pre ordered the new Corrupted album which is apparently Felicific Algorithm + Mushikeras mixed into one, and a t shirt because I can't get over one of the greatest doom bands ever are just completely going under the radar again.

*puts this on*

oh this is coo-- *singing starts* alright welp cya

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
https://youtu.be/eeMt6G61V3o

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

This is good poo poo.

One of my favorite Aussie bands, CHILD, just signed to Heavy Psych Sounds. all their albums are getting represses. These guys are incredible although maybe on the fringe of S/D/S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNdH33ncOZs

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Laserface posted:

*puts this on*

:same:

Ah, much better.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Album's out.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Laserface posted:

*puts this on*

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Yes she does, and she's very pretty too. Good for him. I met him and he was a nice dude

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Laserface posted:

One of my favorite Aussie bands, CHILD, just signed to Heavy Psych Sounds. all their albums are getting represses. These guys are incredible although maybe on the fringe of S/D/S.
Nice, maybe someday they’ll reissue Lint’s music, too.

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Just got into these guys.
Any other bands in a similar vein??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Derek of the Andes posted:

Just got into these guys.
Any other bands in a similar vein??