Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He's probably got a shortlist and others haven't made the cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Why haven't more teams interviewed Harbaugh?

There's so much weirdness going on there both with the man himself and with the 'will we or won't' go along with any NCAA BS he has coming along with him.

That was a thing right? Like supposedly the NFL might suspend him for a period if the NCAA rules against him for his...rather obvious cheating? But not super bad cheating, just...cheating.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Peyton was better than Brady though

I predict Bill is gonna beat Shula’s record but retire with the shadow of Brady looming over him

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 19, 2024

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Peyton was better than Brady though

Not even close

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I think this was the case last year as well.

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1748041487160402056?t=7RQImhEGiYip4W9XqgJwXQ&s=19

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Not even close

Right, Brady wasn't even close to as good as Peyton was

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Codependent Poster posted:

Right, Brady wasn't even close to as good as Peyton was

Hey, Brady is arguably a top 5 QB all time!

100% not top 3 tho.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Cmon Ben Johnson. Don't give us blue balls.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

a neat cape posted:

Why haven't more teams interviewed Harbaugh?

I assume that's more Harbaugh than the teams. He's still employed as a HC, and just won a championship. He ain't interested in going to the Panthers or the Titans.

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 19, 2024

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Seriously, Harbaugh can pick and choose at this point.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Cmon Ben Johnson. Don't give us blue balls.

He's not announcing till the Lions are out

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gatts posted:

I feel like Harbaugh should go to Atlanta, Vrabel to the Chargers, and Bill should sit 1 year on vacation until the Cowboys open up.

Belichick turns 72 in April. If he sits out, he’s effectively retired.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Not only can harbaugh pick and chose but I have to wonder if some subset of owners are petty enough to not even seriously consider him because of what he said to Jed York

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Master Stur posted:

Not only can harbaugh pick and chose but I have to wonder if some subset of owners are petty enough to not even seriously consider him because of what he said to Jed York

Those owners have also met Jed York so they no doubt agree with the assessment.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Those owners have also met Jed York so they no doubt agree with the assessment.

I think most NFL owners hate the Yorks, for a lot of reasons including Jed York being a baby.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

I think most NFL owners hate the Yorks, for a lot of reasons including Jed York being a baby.

Yea, if I was unclear I believe that anyone who met York probably comes down on Harbaughs side.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Sinbad's Sex Tape posted:

Once you leave position coaching to be a head coach you default back to terrible position coach

Hey Bill Callahan got fired from the Raiders and has been one if the best O-line coaches in the league to this say

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Grittybeard posted:

There's so much weirdness going on there both with the man himself and with the 'will we or won't' go along with any NCAA BS he has coming along with him.

That was a thing right? Like supposedly the NFL might suspend him for a period if the NCAA rules against him for his...rather obvious cheating? But not super bad cheating, just...cheating.

I still find it hard to believe that any of the owners are going to be held to that promise after they fork over a mega deal to Harbaugh.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MikeCrotch posted:

Hey Bill Callahan got fired from the Raiders and has been one if the best O-line coaches in the league to this say

There is a whole lot of Callahan's journey to go through though to get back to being an ok line coach. With the Raiders that's the first time a player rebellion had the press 100% on the side of the players I can remember.

And maybe it would have happened anyway whoever they hired but there's the whole destroying Nebraska thing, which involved ancient rear end Tom Osborne coming out of retirement to get rid of him. (which led to the hiring of Bo Pelini, which is also funny)

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/literally_tho/status/1748138829599436993?t=9ZidACqtdluyovynTKoAuA&s=19

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1748171977016164502

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So much for the Falcons dream team

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I guess he didn't have, like, Jakobi Meyers, but it should be said that BoB did a worse job than Matt Patricia.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

What a coaching staff full of weird faces.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

imagine BOB with the Ryan Day bootblack beard

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If my chin looked like a puckered butthole I’d consider facial hair.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's gotta be a challenge just to shave that thing.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

davecrazy posted:

He doesn't want to deal with the dingleberries. Can't say I blame him.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

shyduck posted:

So much for the Falcons dream team

BOB knew he wasn't beating out McDaniels for the OC spot

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

hoping belichick has a high enough level of success that when he retires whatever team decides to give mcdaniels a third try at head coaching. it'll be very funny

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm sort of surprised BoB didn't get a look as a HC somewhere. I would have been fine with us kicking the tyres on him. Maybe he just wanted to be back in the collegiate ranks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

I'm sort of surprised BoB didn't get a look as a HC somewhere. I would have been fine with us kicking the tyres on him. Maybe he just wanted to be back in the collegiate ranks.

I think the shine is just off of him for the moment. It is interesting he didn't stick around with Bill and I'm curious about that. Does Bill just like McDaniels so much that gets rid of the guy who made Christian Hackenberg look draftable? Also did some decent things (coaching wise, not GM wise) with the Texans?

The Hackenberg thing didn't last of course because of Christian Hackenberg, but his one season with the guy was enough to get someone to buy in. Which in retrospect is absolutely amazing even if it was the Jets being suckers.

It does seem like a reset for a year or two in a place where he's probably not going to have too much trouble looking good and then he's back to the NFL in some fashion.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Part of me wonders if they had some beef last year maybe.

There was a report in the articles floating around about him yelling at Bill and storming out of the room.

Bill has a history of being a real rear end in a top hat to anyone and everyone not "on his team". Back after mangini dropped a dime on spygate he wouldn't even respond to his wife who tried to speak to him. So it wouldn't surprise me if there were some problems or friction with Belichick sticking it to Kraft but BoB probably wanting to do what was best for players.

There was some footage of a postgame thing Zappe was quite warm and excited after a win toward BoB but way more reserved to Bill.

I might be reading the tea leaves but I can envisage a world where that kind of stink in an organisation sours the relationship.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he didn't want to be on Bills staff.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I was kinda expecting him to stick with Mayo, I figured Mayo would be more open to him running the offense. Then again, BoB may just be completely over the Patriots Way bullshit at this point, and Ohio State might be the better path to get a HC position for either league.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mega64 posted:

I was kinda expecting him to stick with Mayo, I figured Mayo would be more open to him running the offense. Then again, BoB may just be completely over the Patriots Way bullshit at this point, and Ohio State might be the better path to get a HC position for either league.

Sometimes after a bad relationship breakdown even a professional one you're better off just getting out of there too.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Did we miss the part where he was brought in to improve on the Matt Patricia offense and made it worse?

Why would you want BoB?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Yea, BoB was hamstrung in various ways so it's not 100% on him, but some certainly is so I'm happy to not have him back

Plus everyone always figured he'd be on to new opportunities sooner rather than later, so now (hopefully) we avoid needing to change OCs after the rookie QB's first year

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

Maybe it looks even worse when it's filled with scraggly rear end hair.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Ohio State has one of the best returning rosters, and all their HS signees and portal commits. All things seem very good. Then they go out and hire Bill O'Bob. Good lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1748315453393359347?t=KeIJaxfOO7ueUt3gRDsRzA&s=19