Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Helter Skelter posted:

In no particular order: Protea, Kullervo, Xaku, Baruuk, Hildryn, Styanax, and Citrine.

Dagath is pretty good, too. And easy to get/build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you don't have any faction levels, probably kullervo then citrine. there's no rng involved with kullervo. citrine is acquired in a mission that can drop the blueprints, but always drops a currency you can use to buy the blueprints. so getting the former is more of a shortcut than a necessity.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can get hildryn from normal circuit

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Awesome! posted:

you can get hildryn from normal circuit

Yeah but then you have to do Exploiter for the toroids :arghfist:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In terms of story progression, Citrine and Xaku I think only need Deimos, Protea also I think doesn't need much beyond her own quest. Styanax needs New War, Kullervo needs stuff past New War if you aren't starting fresh, and Baruuk and Hildryn are locked behind the awful Fortuna grind, though you may already be past that or close if you have Garuda and Yareli.

Of course you can also just go for primes where available and ignore all that.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
Baruuk and Hildryn both have active Prime Relics you can focus on rather than going though the Fortuna grind, if that's your thing.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Is there a way to make a new character and start from scratch?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

chumbler posted:

Kullervo needs stuff past New War if you aren't starting fresh

Duviri is unlocked immediately after Vor's Prize, you can have Kullervo building before you ever even do a MR test, if you want.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

neurotech posted:

Is there a way to make a new character and start from scratch?

You can have multiple accounts (I think even in the same clan) so long as you don't make them interact. Which mostly means trade, mule rivens, that sort of thing, don't do those.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Lord Wexia posted:

Which one(s) might be a shorter path to acquire?

As others have pointed out it really depends on how far into the quests you are. If you have access to the diviri circuit, which can be accessed without doing most of the quests, then there will be three basic frames available to chase every week and that's a pretty quick way to get their parts.

Otherwise a lot locked behind fortuna, railjack, or deimos stuff.

Just to echo others I'd highly recommend Kullervo, Citrine, Xaku, and Voruna. I'd also really highly recommend Baruuk but he's regularly locked behind Vox Solaris, the second Fortuna faction.

If you're no where near caught up on quests then chasing some primes might be faster.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I cracked Gauss pretty quick today. Most of the relics were got on Mars and Lua disruptions. I joined one rad share and the host was trying to equip a different intact relic. :bighow:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

smallmouth posted:

I cracked Gauss pretty quick today. Most of the relics were got on Mars and Lua disruptions. I joined one rad share and the host was trying to equip a different intact relic. :bighow:

Most of the time people bail, but once in a while either the wait is annoying enough or people don't notice and then that idiot gets a radshare for free. Sure it'd be less time to just go crack some random things and sell them to buy what you wanted with zero RNG involved, but a subset of people will always take the scam route regardless of effort involved.

People also still afk which continues to be a baffling decision.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Looks like Warframe just hit the #1 spot on Steam by revenue

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Genuinely didn't know Gauss was this popular. I feel like I never see him because maps don't really work with his gimmick.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gauss is a lot of fun on tilesets with straightaways- corpus ships, zariman, void, etc. those are in the minority, though.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

In crowded maps you use Gauss's crash into things augment. In open maps you just run

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

chumbler posted:

Genuinely didn't know Gauss was this popular. I feel like I never see him because maps don't really work with his gimmick.

gauss's gimmick is having the highest base sprint speed in the game. i've probably had gauss on a slot for years now and idk what his 2-4 abilities even are

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
For me Gauss is a fun weapon platform, very hard to kill with his 2 and Quick Thinking, and then 4 is just an attack and reload speed boost for everything. Running very fast and slamming into walls is a fun bonus.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

Not sure how much of it is being popular, and how much of it being that a large portion of the player base can't deal with Disruption or understand the AABCCCCCC rewards, so this is effectively the first time they can get their hands on him. Also, not sure how Acceltra Prime measures to the original, but the original was stupidly popular as one of the most low effort weapons for Wuclone farmers.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Lord Wexia posted:

What are some good next (non-prime) frames to go for?
If you don't have Titania, get Titania. No one else can do what she does.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Cicadalek posted:

For me Gauss is a fun weapon platform, very hard to kill with his 2 and Quick Thinking, and then 4 is just an attack and reload speed boost for everything. Running very fast and slamming into walls is a fun bonus.

I have my Gauss modded purely for going very fast and making guns go FRRRRRP. Full ham on ability duration and strength, replaced Thermal Sunder with Nezha's Fire Walker. If I can see where I'm going, I'm not going fast enough.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

most modern tilesets work fine, and more importantly gauss works very well as either a weapon frame or an ability frame. thermal sunder is incredibly busted scaling-wise which is why they had to nerf the helminth version hard.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

FZeroRacer posted:

most modern tilesets work fine, and more importantly gauss works very well as either a weapon frame or an ability frame. thermal sunder is incredibly busted scaling-wise which is why they had to nerf the helminth version hard.

Wait really? Tell me more.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

MJ12 posted:

Wait really? Tell me more.
thermal sunder damage scales exponentially because each time you cast it, it deals damage equal to the base damage and the current heat proc on the enemy. the heat proc from thermal sunder also scales with duration, strength and archon vitality. so if you deal 1000 damage, the next cast deals 2k, then 4k, 8k etc. then you can use the cold to compress all of the heat proc damage into blast, which also strips armor before damage.

even before we talk about stuff like heat primers you can get really massive multipliers on thermal sunder, and it goes through walls. you max range and efficiency, along with a bit of duration. you don't even need power strength because of the scaling.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, most of Gauss' "ability strength" is based on maintaining his red line. Thermal Sunder is one of his best abilities.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 19, 2024

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

If you don't have Titania, get Titania. No one else can do what she does.

I have Titania, but what does she do so well? Fly around all tiny-like?

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023

Lord Wexia posted:

I have Titania, but what does she do so well? Fly around all tiny-like?

Titania breaks the game with the Razorwing Blitz augment by being able to move faster than human reaction time, it's pretty ridiculous. I've been trying to match speedrunning records with other frames by stacking parkour speed along with Infested Mobility, but I don't think it's feasible yet.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I was doing Circuit with Titania once and got the decree that increases movement speed for every picked decree. It got extremely ridiculous.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
I spend 11 months of the year barely thinking about Warframe, but for the one month I'm back and playing it's all I can think about. At work right now but all I wanna be doing is killing eidolons for quills rep. (and I actually like my work)

Estel
May 4, 2010
Same thing happens to me, I can stop playing for months or more and barely think about the game but once I start I just hyper focus on it until I finish whatever brought me back.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Estel posted:

Same thing happens to me, I can stop playing for months or more and barely think about the game but once I start I just hyper focus on it until I finish whatever brought me back.

It's kind of amazing in that way that there is always something to do, and even if you aren't on the bleeding edge, it doesn't really matter (at least to me). I took a 6 year break and have come back and been playing a lot again. Only downside is now there is 6+ years of content and reputations to grind through, but who cares I'll just quit again and come back 5 years later.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Lavos is another unique frame you want if you don't have it yet. Being cooldown based instead of energy based is pretty neat, removing the need for a lot of mods/arcanes, and he also breaks Railjack by being able to send seeker missile volleys on cooldown without energy regen requirements. His kit is also pretty good with any status application on demand, some busted damage with his 4, some mobility on 2, his 3 turns ammo/orbs into universal ones (that includes archgun ammo), and he's a solid health/armour frame from the outset.

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jan 19, 2024

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I wish Lavos had an exilus mod augment that let him keep the last used element on his abilities

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I wish he hadn't killed off the Reptites in 65 Million BC. :colbert:

Also, I actually thought about Vaubans orbital laser and how it is kind of useless like folks posted, and swapped it out for Roar on one of my Vauban setups, we'll see how that goes.

This means I change my "Never swap out their kit" frame answer with Khora. Crazy Cat Lady frame forever.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whipclaw khora is a huge energy hog, though. it's pretty common to helminth in something to help with that.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

whipclaw khora is a huge energy hog, though. it's pretty common to helminth in something to help with that.

I'm used to dealing with having a huge hog :grin: and using a lot of energy is actually good for the ultimate crazy Cat Lady frame with Duplex Bond.

I also found out Duplex Bond works during Archwing missions, little dethcube clones flying around helping. :3:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Agents are GO! posted:

I'm used to dealing with having a huge hog :grin: and using a lot of energy is actually good for the ultimate crazy Cat Lady frame with Duplex Bond.

So... many... cattes... :catstare:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

It doesn't work with Venari, but it gives me Venari, my smeeta Chairman Meow, and 3 clones.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

helminthing over venari is kind of a no brainer to me. you still get him you just cant force respawn him or switch his stance which doesnt loving matter at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

FZeroRacer posted:

thermal sunder damage scales exponentially because each time you cast it, it deals damage equal to the base damage and the current heat proc on the enemy. the heat proc from thermal sunder also scales with duration, strength and archon vitality. so if you deal 1000 damage, the next cast deals 2k, then 4k, 8k etc. then you can use the cold to compress all of the heat proc damage into blast, which also strips armor before damage.

even before we talk about stuff like heat primers you can get really massive multipliers on thermal sunder, and it goes through walls. you max range and efficiency, along with a bit of duration. you don't even need power strength because of the scaling.

I was wondering why thermal sunder still felt like rear end until I found out you can go into the settings and flip around cold/heat tap/hold so you can spam heat more easily.