Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

DaysBefore posted:

I'm holding out hope.for a rich uncle I've never heard of with a spooky mansion amd a Scrooge McDuck vault

That TD investment commercial currently getting a lot of play on SN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Meet lead. Heavy. Toxic. Water-insoluble*.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

vyelkin posted:

also, lmao

Lmfao but also woah. I've never seen one of them (landlord politicians) actually acknowledge the huge conflict of interest before

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
watch some disingenuous gently caress demand that councillors who are tenants should also recuse themselves

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

I'm holding out hope.for a rich uncle I've never heard of with a spooky mansion amd a Scrooge McDuck vault
[sean bean tread softly speech]

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

pokeyman posted:

watch some disingenuous gently caress demand that councillors who are tenants should also recuse themselves

time to put the unhoused in charge

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Meet lead. Heavy. Toxic. Water-insoluble*.

i should call her

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

pokeyman posted:

yeah that doesnt exist

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.
You know I'm thinking this Mao guy had some good ideas.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ZShakespeare posted:

have you told your superiors in the D&D moderation hierarchy about these dangerous cspam ideas you're having

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.
No one has stopped me from doing something stupidawful yet, and I know there have been complaints about me. To have superiors it would have to be a real job.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i assume moderating d&d is more of a last among equals situation

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wow more like Hamas McCallion

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

ZShakespeare posted:

tahts right

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Meet Uranium :goatsecx:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Karach posted:

I made this mistake. Don't do it

I won’t. Tokyo is a step above the Parkland region.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
You should not be able to be elected to any position in municipal, provincial, or federal governments if you are a landlord.
Being a landlord inherently creates a conflict of interest in doing anything for the good of the people.

I'm also willing to consider barring anyone who owns a business or has more than 20 people below them in the corporate hierarchy.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
I want only landlords in every government office. There should be a minimum amount of total property value you have to own to be eligible for a given office, an amount which increases as the office-holder is promoted. That way the personal interests of those governing Canada will best align with the interests of the state and the people as a whole

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

now there’s a name i haven’t heard i a very long time.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Karach posted:

I want only landlords in every government office. There should be a minimum amount of total property value you have to own to be eligible for a given office, an amount which increases as the office-holder is promoted. That way the personal interests of those governing Canada will best align with the interests of the state and the people as a whole

to be a senator in Canada you have to have wealth of at least $4000, after taking into account all debts and obligations. And if you file for bankruptcy while a senator, they kick you out of the senate.

tbf they haven't updated that number for inflation and $4k back in 1867 was equivalent to six figures today. still pretty funny that for the chamber of sober second thought they've never bothered to get rid of the "oh yeah no poors" rule

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lmao oh cool I can't even be a Senator, something I was definitely planning on

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
what if it's "good debt" like a 1.5M note on a house that i'm now underwater on?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

what if it's "good debt" like a 1.5M note on a house that i'm now underwater on?

impossible, the housing market only goes up

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

i got my first year end mortgage statement ever and it said i paid 15,000 in interest and only 2000 into the principal

lol remind me again why owning is some genius financial decision

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
because in 50 years your children can inherit an asset worth $10 million, or like, $150k, depending on the market

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Karach posted:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Happy CEBA deadline day everyone :)

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

this guy gets it

FF I'm terrified to see what's in your phone's downloads folder

Gainsboro
Feb 28, 2023

Twenty Year Lurker

RBC posted:

i got my first year end mortgage statement ever and it said i paid 15,000 in interest and only 2000 into the principal

Sounds like you're getting fleeced by the bank. The lowest percentage of my mortgage payment that ever went towards principal was 50%, and that only increased over time as the interest decreased.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

RBC posted:

Because rent right now is paying 20,000+ with zero into any principal.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

Gainsboro posted:

Sounds like you're getting fleeced by the bank. The lowest percentage of my mortgage payment that ever went towards principal was 50%, and that only increased over time as the interest decreased.

the only way thats possible is with insanely low interest rates, not possible for anyone getting a mortgage in the last year

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

You all did open up a bullshit sole proprietorship and took out a 60k loan and immediately paid 40k back so that you could get a free 20k from the government, right?

Gainsboro
Feb 28, 2023

Twenty Year Lurker

RBC posted:

the only way thats possible is with insanely low interest rates, not possible for anyone getting a mortgage in the last year
It was a while ago, 3.39% on 25 years, but the larger factor might be the size of the loan you took out versus the amount you can afford to pay each month. After I got a real job I doubled my monthly payments, so less than 25% went towards interest and over 75% went towards the principal. This sharply reduced the total amount of interest paid (as the smaller principal meant less accumulated interest year over year), and I had the whole amount paid off in just over 7 years.

If you can't afford to put down more than 2k on the principal each year, you might have borrowed more than what's fiscally responsible in your living/employment situation.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Love to blame the victims of predatory loans, and not the ones selling them.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
[mortgage chat] that's some bullshit sole proprietorship eh

Gainsboro
Feb 28, 2023

Twenty Year Lurker

ZShakespeare posted:

Love to blame the victims of predatory loans, and not the ones selling them.

Sometimes, the victim does hold a share of the blame. Like non-prescription drug addicts; nobody's forcing anyone to get addicted to meth and heroin (unless they're being sex trafficked).

Gainsboro has issued a correction as of 19:00 on Jan 19, 2024

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Speedrunning hot takes I see

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Is the entire principal (i.e. 2/3rds of the principal) due back on the deadline or is it just that the remaining amount starts to accrue interest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Gainsboro posted:

Sometimes, the victim does hold a share of the blame. Like non-prescription drug addicts; nobody's forcing anyone to get addicted to meth and heroin.

Ok so we're blaming victims, now what? Can we monetize this somehow?