Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

It's not for washing up though

I think that's pretty clear from the fact that you can't fit any dishes in it. Well glasses and cutlery maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

All that to avoid a perfectly good split level

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

All that to avoid a perfectly good split level

No mold on the [Whatever alapohja is called in English. I doubt it's "bottom bottom"]!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wanna go at those supports with a chainsaw.
It's just my sense of proper stacking of objects going berserk.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just makes me think of that early gta5 mission

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

They used up their retaining wall budget on the garden.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Holy poo poo what a username

I've suggested it previously in the New Usernames thread but I don't think anyone bit. If I had the balls to I'd drop the :10bux: and change my husband's username to that but I don't want to out him as the husband of someone named 'Poo In An Alleyway'

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Isn't that where the Boer mobsters were holding Leo Getz?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

This lovely home is ten thousand square feet and can be yours for $2 million.

Drone view/walkthrough video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ0slZkzFV8

Zillow: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2191-SW-Zack-Wheat-Dr-Polo-MO-64671/252368496_zpid/
Article on the place's origins: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/cold-war-bunker-turned-mansion-in-missouri-can-be-yours

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Interesting that it's not an old missile silo like I assumed, but part of a nuclear-hardened underground TV broadcast/telephone relay network that sounds like it had own live-in crews just like a Minuteman facility.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

:aslol::perfect:

beep beep!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That house is on Zillow BTW.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/947-King-Mountain-Dr-Clayton-GA-30525/2060344912_zpid/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Why do they have a Ghostbusters containment unit in the kitchen

"Light is green, trap is clean!"

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

So much anxiety looking at that house. Gonna need to see who stamped the engineering on that one.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I'm the ceiling fans in every room.

I'm also this thing, which I assume makes a ton of noise and has to run at least a few hours a day to prevent everyone from suffocating. Maybe less, the place was presumably designed for dozens of people more than live in it now.

Here you can see where they have changed the ducting. I assume the weird indoor windows the drone flies through were originally holes for ventilation ducts? Just rip it all out, the ceiling fans can handle it.

LOL that the listing has to say "flexible bedroom arrangements" because they can't legally call any of the rooms bedrooms.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Eh, if I was exceedingly wealthy I’d definitely buy that bunker. Not to actually live in, or to ever use as a bunker, but it’s kinda neat and would be fun to show off. Plus, with the right decor, you could have some primo Eyes Wide Shut type parties there

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
I’d make LSD

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

If I was insanely wealthy, my underground luxury bunker would at least have a jacuzzi, a nice home theater* and a planetarium dome. What, you think I'll settle for living through Armageddon in a moderately comfortable living room? Feh!

*The bunkerhome's previous owner doesn't seem to have a big TV anywhere, which is kind of weird even if they were really old or something.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Powered Descent posted:

If I was insanely wealthy, my underground luxury bunker would at least have a jacuzzi, a nice home theater* and a planetarium dome. What, you think I'll settle for living through Armageddon in a moderately comfortable living room? Feh!

*The bunkerhome's previous owner doesn't seem to have a big TV anywhere, which is kind of weird even if they were really old or something.

After the nuclear apocalypse there will be no TV signal. Not even streaming.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Have you heard the good news about DVDs, my friend

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Arsenic Lupin posted:

You could start your own TV station, the bunker already has a 177ft communication tower

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

is that not a tv on the wall in photo 41?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Powered Descent posted:

And here I thought the main problem with that place was the load bearing asbestos it's made out of.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

TrashMammal posted:

is that not a tv on the wall in photo 41?

You're right, missed that.

Maybe it's just the realtor wide-angle, but I feel like I'd still want a bigger screen to entertain me in case of apocalypse.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'll have you know the Plex server in my house has all five seasons of Babylon 5, so I think I'll be entertained for quite some time. :smugdog:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

wonder how long it would take the residents the descend into a spiral of accusatory jam sessions and increasingly erotic photography

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

death would probably come shortly after that

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Powered Descent posted:

I'll have you know the Plex server in my house has all five seasons of Babylon 5, so I think I'll be entertained for quite some time. :smugdog:

Of course your server will have a power supply or drive failure a couple weeks into the apocalypse.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Of course your server will have a power supply or drive failure a couple weeks into the apocalypse.

That's not fair. That's not fair at all. There was time now. There was, was all the time I needed...

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Trabant posted:

That's not fair. That's not fair at all. There was time now. There was, was all the time I needed...

:perfect:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
TV screens are how insidious red propaganda infiltrates your new American community of survivors and Christian soldiers

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

TrashMammal posted:

death would probably come shortly after that

First little death, then death.

The bunker looks kind of cool but the furniture and lighting is just hideous and there is no consistency in the doorways - some have arcs, some are straight. I’d love to see a floor plan because even when its purpose is completely different the layout just doesn’t seem to make much sense.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powered Descent posted:

4:3 or Widescreen? :colbert:

Gwely Mernans
Jun 30, 2017

Powered Descent posted:

You're right, missed that.

Maybe it's just the realtor wide-angle, but I feel like I'd still want a bigger screen to entertain me in case of apocalypse.

This is just a lovely knockoff of the room at the end of 2001

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Powered Descent posted:

What about the films?
What about Crusade???

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

How about a former thoroughbred horse ranch? https://www.redfin.com/CO/Lamar/1105-E-Maple-St-81052/home/178224287?600390594

I appreciate the fantasy/reality photos where the second photo shows the current state of things, there are a few pairs of those in this listing.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Why are there giant portraits of Paul Newman in the toilet???

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

How about a former thoroughbred horse ranch? https://www.redfin.com/CO/Lamar/1105-E-Maple-St-81052/home/178224287?600390594

I appreciate the fantasy/reality photos where the second photo shows the current state of things, there are a few pairs of those in this listing.

quote:

This incredible property reflects a price that takes into account its deferred maintenance condition. Some of the photos are edited to show the true potential of the property

:laffo: I don't think I've seen that disclaimer before

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

That LED on top of a chair on top of a table is giving me more anxiety issues than the busy wallpaper patterns in each room.

e: also clearly at some point in time a cat/dog/toddler has either fallen through or gotten their leg stuck in the gap between the floor and the spiral staircase hence the flimsy wooden fence that's been erected over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Why are there giant portraits of Paul Newman in the toilet???

Wait, you don't have those?