Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
How come Elon hasn't tried to claim a spot on the periodic table ? He'd love to name a theorical element with something cool only he could come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1748036927821942798

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Niels Boer he is not.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
I thought it was tucker Carlson but it's Javier milei isn't it

great username
Dec 28, 2023

rowkey bilbao posted:

I thought it was tucker Carlson but it's Javier milei isn't it

It's actually Bargain Hunt host David Dickinson.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Thought it was Richard Hammond.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

How embarrassing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I think that the seduced monk meme inviting Donald Trump back to Twitter is worse, but this one is up there.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
idgi...is my man using that video to last longer? or is the video of Javier actually the thing that's making him horny.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/pantsbenjamin/status/1747969987405615217?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Steadiman posted:

idgi...is my man using that video to last longer? or is the video of Javier actually the thing that's making him horny.

exhaust from laptop vents is burning his skin

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Looks like another market for the JO pants just opened up

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What’s the clever hack

.random
May 7, 2007

I salute you, our insectile brothers and sisters, who give your life to ruin the exteriors of cybertrucks.

Know this: you will not have died in vain. :patriot:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

Elon, quoting Doge Guy: gently caress yeah, site traffic is up 300% since last year!

Linda: There are 8% more posts than last year!

Has anyone noticed the numbers are getting lower and lower for each post?

It used to be like 372 and now it's like 8

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
SWISH!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Lol yeah make it radioactive too

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Make the next Cybertruck out of cast iron and you gotta season it

what's the reason for the season?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Elon Mushy

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Jestery posted:

Lol yeah make it radioactive too

No, convince him it should be made out of low-background steel for some reason

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How profoundly evil!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

DeeplyConcerned posted:

No therapy just makes people worse (anger amplifier). My ex-girlfriend left me right after she started therapy. So that right there tells you therapy just destroys relationships.

lol like you had a girlfriend, yeah ok sure :xd:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Think of all the possible X users, the app for those unborn souls!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
"a genocide of the future"

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

yeah I remember when the entire world was talking about Paul Erhlich's book "The Population Bomb" and aborting billions of children overnight. Was a pretty wild time in history

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
A billion people lost forever because of a book, textbook genocide you guys

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Is it weird that Musk hasn't gone to space? He owns a rocket company NASA and the DoD depend on; it would be incredibly easy for him to take a 2 week vacation to the ISS. If he was a bog standard billionaire it'd be one thing, but his brand is space (and divorce).

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
So if it's a 'genocide of the future' to limit (either by individuals making personal choices relating to conditions or top-down government policy to prevent shortages or social collapse) then Elon must be really keen on ideas and systems that ensure that all humans, however many of them there are, get at least a basic share of our world's resources, wealth and opportunities, right?

Because otherwise he's saying that he'd be quite happy for an unlimited number of people to be in the world, all living like those people in the slums of Delhi. Because equitable distribution of resources based on essential human rights is evil (communism!!!) and people not being born is evil (genocide of the future). Could it be - could it be - that Elon is in favour of a world where nearly everyone lives in immiserating poverty while serving a tiny class of rich, white South Africans?

Concerning. !! Wow!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

kazil posted:

also lol just making all kinds of accusations

of course musk still likes okeefe

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Krispy Wafer posted:

Is it weird that Musk hasn't gone to space? He owns a rocket company NASA and the DoD depend on; it would be incredibly easy for him to take a 2 week vacation to the ISS. If he was a bog standard billionaire it'd be one thing, but his brand is space (and divorce).

that would require a 2 week break from twitter

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

i don't care what some book says, who the gently caress could look around at what humans have done over the past few thousand years and determine that the planet needs more of that?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

He's too chickenshit IMO

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/SHL0MS/status/1748337607694574045?s=20

Looks like he's boosting the Mr. Beast video as an undisclosed ad.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Does that get filtered out by ad blockers or twitter blue not seeing ads?

Lmao if it does

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

BalloonFish posted:

So if it's a 'genocide of the future' to limit (either by individuals making personal choices relating to conditions or top-down government policy to prevent shortages or social collapse) then Elon must be really keen on ideas and systems that ensure that all humans, however many of them there are, get at least a basic share of our world's resources, wealth and opportunities, right?

Because otherwise he's saying that he'd be quite happy for an unlimited number of people to be in the world, all living like those people in the slums of Delhi. Because equitable distribution of resources based on essential human rights is evil (communism!!!) and people not being born is evil (genocide of the future). Could it be - could it be - that Elon is in favour of a world where nearly everyone lives in immiserating poverty while serving a tiny class of rich, white South Africans?

Concerning. !! Wow!

There's a thing the rich subscribe to called "Effective Altruism" which, on the surface appears to be a way of spending money in the most effective way to do the most good.
But, dig a bit further and it includes all Future People as well.
So, investing in AI and Space and by coincidence giving a lot of money to tech-bros is the best, as it'll help the as-yet unborn trillions of humans to come. This also means that anything you do to actually help people here-and-now is a waste of resources.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Slotducks posted:

Does that get filtered out by ad blockers or twitter blue not seeing ads?

Lmao if it does

No idea. Clearly Elon is just using the existing tech, ad promotion, and using it with the labels hidden.

Thing is, if that technically still counts as an advert being boosted content, it's probably illegal in a whole bunch of countries. I'm seeing people report other as show up in their feed the same way (having the same "block ad" context menu options), so there's going to be an element of "the site is just hosed" to all this. But with the small users, nobody would really notice or care. But now it's happening with the biggest YouTuber on the planet, so lol this could see some tutting. Double lol because Elon is having to juice the numbers on the tweeted video just to show there's people watching it on the dying platform, then the bigger the number the more he's going to need to payout to pretend it will always be like that. Not that there's any number that will come close to the YouTube money.

I'm just saying in the next few days there will be some great sulking as Musk gets told his site is dogshit by someone with massive clout.

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

lol

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
The FTC fines people who post undisclosed ads on social media. The fine is usually everything they earned for the ad.

(odds are this is a X fuckup so MrBeast probably wouldn't get fined, but that'd be a funny revenue experiment if he did)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Its basically: let people like Elon Musk, or Sam Bank-Fraudman, or even Mr Beast, decide how public policies should be implemented and for whom

No public health care but maybe some rich guy will pay for your hospital bill, if he feels like it or if he can broadcast himself doing it to make more money