Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

mcbexx posted:

Sure, put Armor Vendor, Kobold Miner and School Teacher into ETC's band.

But ... why not Son of Hodir, Alextrasza and something else (I went with Steamcleaner)? Especially if you will get two of the former if you hold on to ETC until after playing Brann (and holding on to Hodir until Reno is in play, of course).

Yeah I can see the benefit of another Kobold Miner but after a few games Steamcleaner seems like a much better pick for ETC than Armor Vendor and probably School Teacher.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
This whole near-infinite Eonar thing and getting 20 armor at a time is just so silly

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I used steamcleaner, kobold miner and armor vendor in mine. Steamcleaner came in once against a highlander shaman, armor vendor once against a paladin, but most of the time kobold miner seems to be the default choice just to reach the ox faster.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Eeepies posted:

I used steamcleaner, kobold miner and armor vendor in mine. Steamcleaner came in once against a highlander shaman, armor vendor once against a paladin, but most of the time kobold miner seems to be the default choice just to reach the ox faster.

My last few games have included two Snapshot Druids, a mage with some janky Horsemen wincon and a plague DK. After that I decided Steamcleaner might be useful.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

Luff posted:

AAECAaCrBB6oigSGoASIoASWtwTvzgSO1ASQ1ATMkgXipAX9xAW0+AW1+AWQ+wWX+wWh+wWk+wXYgQaFggaQgwbKgwbQgwaSjgaLlAacngafngbNngbPngbRngavqAbQsAYAAAEDlrcE/cQFyoMG/cQFz54G/cQFAAA=

Thank you.

Didn't have the 3 cost legendary or Trial by Fire, so swapped them for a blast charge and a weapons expert. Won a few matches, going to see how it pans out, maybe make it XL with a few more battlecry minions and risk a couple of dupes like burrow blaster or whatever the 6/5 rush is.

Edit: Going to swap armor vendor for Steamcleaner, and Alex for 16 health or damage instead of School Teacher and see how it does.

Desdinova fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 19, 2024

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
a few mini-set updates

### Reno Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Unleash Fel
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Fel Barrage
# 1x (2) Immolation Aura
# 1x (2) Quick Pick
# 1x (2) Sigil of Flame
# 1x (2) Talented Arcanist
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Abyssal Depths
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Felrattler
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Sigil of Time
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (4) The Darkness
# 1x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (4) Fan the Hammer
# 1x (4) Flanking Maneuver
# 1x (4) Prosecutor Mel'tranix
# 1x (5) Chaos Nova
# 1x (5) Feugen
# 1x (5) Gunslinger Kurtrus
# 1x (5) Need for Greed
# 1x (5) Remixed Rhapsody
# 1x (5) Rotten Applebaum
# 1x (5) Stalagg
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (5) Zai, the Incredible
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Argus, the Emerald Star
# 1x (7) Death Speaker Blackthorn
# 1x (7) Expendable Performers
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Mythical Terror
# 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAEBAea5AyiEDoUOwxaFF+CsAt/EAsXzAvyjA/fDA93TA8rdA9HdA5XoA/3qA7/tA6bvA6/vA4n3A4r3A8iABKiKBPiUBOWwBPKxBL7KBJbUBLjZBO7tBJfvBIuSBeKkBf3EBfDsBaiABqWBBtyCBoqQBpyaBu6eBq+oBgAAAQP26gL9xAW+ygT9xAXRngb9xAUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

### Reno Mage
# Class: Mage
#
# 1x (1) Costumed Singer
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (2) Book of Specters
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Heat Wave
# 1x (2) Rewind
# 1x (2) Starscryer
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Bunker Sergeant
# 1x (3) Flame Ward
# 1x (3) Holotechnician
# 1x (3) Ice Block
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Stargazer Luna
# 1x (3) Twilight Flamecaller
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (3) Holotechnician
# 1x (3) Ice Block
# 1x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 1x (4) Fire Sale
# 1x (4) Multicaster
# 1x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (4) Volume Up
# 1x (5) Barista Lynchen
# 1x (5) Inquisitive Creation
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (5) Spammy Arcanist
# 1x (5) Star Power
# 1x (6) Coldarra Drake
# 1x (6) Norgannon
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Reno the Relicologist
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Luna's Pocket Galaxy
# 1x (7) Magister Dawngrasp
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (9) Grand Magister Rommath
#
AAEBAc2xAijAAfoO8BPDFoUXiawC38QCzu8C7vYCxvgCvZkD/KMDkqQDv6QD97gD5dEDne4Dpu8Dp/cDqIEEoIoEsIoEpY0E0qQE5bAEx7IEltQEuNkEl+8Eo5AF4MMFr8QF/cQF6OgF8/IFh/UF0PgF2P4F1pgGr6gGAAABA8AB/cQF5dED/cQFr8QF/cQFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

### Disco
# Class: Warlock
#
# 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Tiny Knight of Evil
# 2x (3) Chamber of Viscidus
# 2x (3) Furnace Fuel
# 2x (3) Silverware Golem
# 2x (3) Suffocating Shadows
# 2x (3) Walking Dead
# 1x (5) Cataclysm
# 1x (5) Symphony of Sins
# 1x (30) Fanottem, Lord of the Opera
# 2x (4) Fist of Jaraxxus
# 2x (4) Gloomstone Guardian
# 2x (5) Soul Barrage
#
AAEBAcn1AgKPggP9xAUOzgfEFNkV1LMCvLYC/aQD1dED0OED+tgEmJIFq5IFm6AG9qEG96MGAAEDzukC/cQF+cYF/cQFrOkF/cQFAAA=
#

### Blackrock ‘n’ Taunt
# Class: Warrior
#
# 2x (1) Wax Elemental
# 2x (2) Encumbered Pack Mule
# 2x (2) Frightened Flunky
# 2x (2) To the Front!
# 2x (2) Unlucky Powderman
# 2x (3) Battlepickaxe
# 2x (3) Glory Chaser
# 1x (3) Rock Master Voone
# 2x (3) Steam Guardian
# 1x (3) Weapons Expert
# 2x (4) Detonation Juggernaut
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 1x (4) Hobart Grapplehammer
# 1x (5) Blackrock 'n' Roll
# 1x (5) Magatha, Bane of Music
# 1x (6) Armagedillo
# 2x (6) Blast Tortoise
# 2x (6) Stone Drake
#
AAEBAQcGorwCnO8EtsQFqOAF5uQFrvgFDMfTAoj0A5SVBPyiBJf7Bd6NBrmRBruRBpCXBpKeBtaeBr+iBgAA
#

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
This seems quite strong as long as people are fiddling around with slow Brann or excavate lists:

### Delicious Fig Pudding!
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Tram Mechanic
# 2x (2) Baritone Imp
# 2x (2) Crescendo
# 2x (2) Disposal Assistant
# 2x (2) Elementium Geode
# 2x (3) Forge of Wills
# 2x (3) Furnace Fuel
# 2x (3) Sludge on Wheels
# 2x (3) Trolley Problem
# 2x (4) Crazed Conductor
# 2x (4) Gloomstone Guardian
# 1x (4) Pop'gar the Putrid
# 2x (4) Waste Remover
# 1x (6) Chaos Creation
# 2x (9) Imprisoned Horror
#
AAECAcClBgKAngaroAYOhKAEx8IFyMIF3cIFzvoF1/oFlZcGlpcGl5cGmJcGm6AGo6AG96MGpqgGAAA=
#

It kills on, like, turn 5-7. One Warrior made the mistake of targeting his Bellowing Flames such that the five random damage all hit my Sludge on Wheels (so that I would overdraw), so I did 30 damage to him on turn six instead.

The Tram Mechanic possibly should be Void Virtuoso or Felstring Harp instead. One of the things I really like is that you’ve got a lot of juicy targets for Forge of Wills without having to blunt the deck’s aggression by playing defensive cards like Imposing Anubisath, but it’s important to be willing to use it on things like Imps or Sludge on Wheels if you really need to control the board, especially against decks like Paladin or Treant Druid that can punish you for leaving minions up. Otherwise, make boards, generate Sludge, and keep an eye out for surprise Sludge lethals via Chaos Creation or Waste Remover.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Seriously this overheal priest is loving nuts, just went 12-0 through high Plat into Diamond 5.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah turn 8 gain 10 armour turn 10 or 9 with coin deal 28 damage, next turn another 28 is pretty solid if you can live that long

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Ran into the bug in Arena where Kazakusan just deletes your deck and doesn't let you add any treasures. Feels real bad, man.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

late, but

### pure excavate
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 2x (2) For Quel'Thalas!
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Hi Ho Silverwing
# 2x (2) Mining Casualties
# 2x (3) Boogie Down
# 2x (3) Deputization Aura
# 2x (3) Muster for Battle
# 2x (3) Shroomscavate
# 1x (3) Sir Finley, the Intrepid
# 2x (4) Crusader Aura
# 2x (4) Fossilized Kaleidosaur
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 2x (10) The Garden's Grace
#
AAECAeq3BAKG4gSTngYOyaAE2r0Ev+IEq5MFgZYFwcQFlPUFlfUF444GvI8GtZ4GkqAGyKIGzrAGAAA=
#

dunno how it does into gain 20 druid. i also feel like the countess probably isn't good? not sure

Quotey fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 19, 2024

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

GTO posted:

Yeah turn 8 gain 10 armour turn 10 or 9 with coin deal 28 damage, next turn another 28 is pretty solid if you can live that long

If this is referring to Astalor, manathirst won’t work with the coin like that.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Yes, for the purposes of Astalor, the only thing that will be doubled on the first two stages is that you’ll get two copies of the next stage instead of one, and manthirst only counts “real” mana crystals, not temp ones.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

went all-in playing the sludge warlock deck posted above and got a shaman down to 3 health with me at 2. they played baron loving geddon and i think i am uninstalling this game now

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Color Printer posted:

went all-in playing the sludge warlock deck posted above and got a shaman down to 3 health with me at 2. they played baron loving geddon and i think i am uninstalling this game now

I had a Paladin down to 4 HP when I was at 36. He played Baron Geddon he got from... somewhere and a Deputy Aura. Against my board of 1-2 HP minions.
I just insta conceded man.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
If any of you are playing BGs, Lubber is removed until the next patch, with no indication outside of social media posts, so don't go rolling for it

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Trying out that overheal priest deck and boy howdy, you sure know where the game is ending up by turn 4 or 5 lol

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
That’s always how Overheal has played, to be honest. If you can stick a board, it quickly snowballs and you wonder how this deck could ever lose. Then you play a deck that can clear your board, and you’ve got two cards in hand and no real way back into the game, and you remember “Oh, that’s how.”

There have been quite a few archetypes this year that meet that general description, and I wish they’d ease off it. I know you want a few simpler decks to be good for new players, but they’re really boring.

bravesword fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 20, 2024

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I really like Hearthstone when it's just Reno or whatever decks trying to outvalue each other with fun expensive cards, with an interesting back and forth of boardclears and refills, instead of highroll decks like treant druid, paladin or combo warlock steamrolling you on turn 5-6. Even if you do manage to beat them, it's just a very anticlimactic concede on their part and doesn't feel rewarding at all.

There was a fair amount of greed in the current meta with different reno decks trying to one up each other, and I had a bunch of really fun games. I hope this carries on a bit longer.

bravesword posted:

There have been quite a few archetypes this year that meet that general description, and I wish they’d ease off it. I know you want a few simpler decks to be good for new players, but they’re really boring.

Couldn't agree more.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
The absolute funnest HS is two friends playing diff Wild Reno decks for fun. Winner is the person who pulls off the neatest stuff and you can communicate to make that happen.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Overheal priest didn't work for me but this has been doing great:

### mechxcavate
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Click-Clocker
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin
# 2x (2) Grimestreet Outfitter
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Jukebox Totem
# 2x (2) Kobold Miner
# 2x (2) Noble Minibot
# 1x (2) Radar Detector
# 2x (2) Seafloor Savior
# 2x (3) Muscle-o-Tron
# 2x (3) Prosthetic Hand
# 2x (3) Shroomscavate
# 1x (3) Sir Finley, the Intrepid
# 2x (4) Fossilized Kaleidosaur
# 2x (5) Burrow Buster
# 1x (7) The Leviathan
#
AAECAamaBgSwsgTa0wSElgWTngYNyaAE4bUE2tkE8egFhv4FyoMG0IMG+JUGtJ4GtZ4GyKIGzLAGzrAGAAA=
#

I'm considering adding another radar detector and maybe the titan, although I'm not sure what to take out. Probably the noble minibot.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I love bots/exp farmers

(this is gold rank)

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Trying to decide between Shroomscavate existing in the same meta as Garden's Grace and Druids gaining 20 Armour a turn, which is the more telling that they're just writing off the final season before rotation makes everything sane again.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Had someone bounce their Brann back to their hand and replay it. Unfortunately he died before he could play another battlecry minion after.

Going by original Brann, he was set up for a major disappointment, or is this actually a thing?
I don't want to try for myself...

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
It specifies twice, not extra, so only twice

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
How long is a mini-set usually kept up for sale?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

BIG HEADLINE posted:

A while, I think. At least a couple of months.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

fanny packrat posted:

A while, I think. At least a couple of months.

Yeah, I'm in no hurry to play at the moment and I'd rather wait for a blanket bonus points event through Google Play. Thanks.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Shadestone Skulker needs a nerf ASAP

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Welp, I got to ~Wild Rank 3 in Gold with a Excavate/Reno Paladin deck and thought "huh. I never got THIS far!". So, I decided to put on my big boy pants (aka Plague DK deck) and fight my way up to Platinum, which I will likely NEVER have happen again. Thank you, to all the folks out there playing wackadoo decks that insist on drawing a bunch of cards. You're so swell.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Julio Cruz posted:

Shadestone Skulker needs a nerf ASAP

I had to look up why, but was not prepared for exactly how degenerate the combo is..

You need a Necrium Blade and a Snowfall Graveyard active, then on the combo turn play Spiritsinger Umbra, then a deathrattle that deals damage to your opponent (leper gnome is ideal at 1 cost, but slow) and then Skulker. You equip infinite daggers until your opponent dies or you both disconnect and force a tie.

I don't know exactly how far I was along for that achievement, so at minimum 464 deathrattle triggers happened at the end of that game.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

From what I saw of Dane's video of it, it immediately crashes and always ends in a tie. I spose if you had something on the board to ping the enemy, MAYBE it could eek out a win? It's funny how they future-proofed that small batch of cards and this still got through lolol.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Here's my attempt to make use of some new DH cards

### The Inquisition
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Dispose of Evidence
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Taste of Chaos
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fossil Fanatic
# 2x (2) Greedy Partner
# 2x (2) Multi-Strike
# 2x (2) Quick Pick
# 1x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 1x (3) Crushclaw Enforcer
# 2x (3) Load the Chamber
# 1x (3) Sigil of Time
# 2x (4) Crimson Expanse
# 1x (4) Going Down Swinging
# 2x (5) All Fel Breaks Loose
# 2x (6) Felscale Evoker
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
#
AAECAZ++BgSDnwSEsgT3wwWcmgYNgIUEtp8EjrAEwMoEpeIE6e0EkKUFsvUF4fgFkIMGkZAG7p4G0rAGAAA=
#

I will admit, the new location is super helpful for activating your All Fel Breaks Loose since the Evoker + Inquisitor + Copied Inquisitor means the card is fully infused and always brings back two Inquisitors.

Hard mulligan for Evokers or Crushclaw, enjoy beating up on warriors and DKs while falling over to paladins

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I think Velarok is bugged

in his transformed form he’s supposed to be a Dragon but playing the 2-mana Analgam targeting him just gave me tribeless minions

e: also Tickatus appears to be removing 10 cards not 5

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 22, 2024

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
I just went Wild Bronze to Legend in 2 days with the following deck. Don't use a tracker so I don't have win rate but id estimate close to 80% once i learned the deck. It was an incredibly fast climb.

Even Reno Warrior.

### Custom Warrior2
# Class: Warrior
#
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Bash
# 1x (2) Bladestorm
# 1x (2) Drywhisker Armorer
# 1x (2) Flint Firearm
# 1x (2) Frozen Buckler
# 1x (2) Gold Panner
# 1x (2) Greedy Partner
# 1x (2) Minefield
# 1x (2) Needlerock Totem
# 1x (2) Shield Block
# 1x (2) Stoneskin Armorer
# 1x (2) Watcher of the Sun
# 1x (4) Aftershocks
# 1x (4) Craftsman's Hammer
# 1x (4) Eater of Secrets
# 1x (5) Steamcleaner
# 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
# 1x (4) Igneous Lavagorger
# 1x (4) Ignis, the Eternal Flame
# 1x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (6) Captain Galvangar
# 1x (6) Deepminer Brann
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 1x (6) Khaz'goroth
# 1x (6) Minotauren
# 1x (6) Trial by Fire
# 1x (8) Odyn, Prime Designate
# 1x (8) Tidal Revenant
# 1x (10) Shield Shatter
#
AAEBAYwWHs/nAs30AvyjA7beA/mMBPqMBIqlBJa3BO/OBPPOBI7UBJDUBOKkBf3EBa3tBcbzBaX2BbT4BY77BZD7BaH7BaT7BdiBBpCDBuSYBs6cBpyeBp+eBq+oBtCwBgAAAQO8igT9xAX/4QT9xAXSngb9xAUAAA==
#

You have 3 main win condition paths:
Brann + astalors for multiple 28 damage turns
Odin for sustained burst with armor gain
Odin + Bran for OTK.

Mulligan for bran/odin draw unless vs a agro minion deck (like pirate rogue or even shaman) in that case your just going for board clears and weapon.
ETC can be tailored to whatever you are against. I had eater in there vs some secrete mages at D5 but it can be whatever. Rokara is great for when you don't need a tech piece, steam cleaner is there so you can turn reno back on.

Do not give up a game if reno is off, its not necessary at all to win, just transition to a burst odin plan.

If you have Bran and Odin up your burst is crazy. Tidal revenant alone is 26 from hand.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

One thing ZachO mentioned on the podcast is that fatigue sludge warlock has a great win rate against treant Druid, and I truly have absolutely no clue what he's on about. It feels like if you don't hit exactly Popgar + Crescendo you have no chance of clearing their board since all the 1/1 tokens just eat your sludges and they easily outdraw you to win the sustain battle

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you also have Defile and overstated minions to value trade and clear up their bullshit

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

All standard mini sets are currently for sale, so at least after the store update, a long time.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
He’s talking about Aggro Sludge, which doesn’t use Defile.

The key to the matchup is that whoever takes the board first wins, and Sludge Warlock is perfectly capable of muscling Treant Druid off the board. Treant Druid’s specialty is putting out a hard-to-clear board so that it can leverage Herald of Nature, Soul of the Forest, and Cultivation, but this is harder to do when the opponent is curving out with its own aggressively-statted minions and using swing tools like Sludge on Wheels and Forge of Wills to manage the board.

In my experience, the biggest danger in the matchup is if the opponent can infuse Plot of Sins quickly. The 5/5s are tough to clear, and if they stick, things go south.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

bravesword posted:

In my experience, the biggest danger in the matchup is if the opponent can infuse Plot of Sins quickly. The 5/5s are tough to clear, and if they stick, things go south.

Kill treeants and infuse Plot of Sin, don't infuse and die by 2/2's. Maybe phantomas and the dude that summons stats with taunt would be worth drafting for a warlock main, probably not used to being seen with sludge...