Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

flubber nuts posted:

did disclosure happen yet?

It's been happening real slow for fifty years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol

https://twitter.com/tinyklaus/status/1748228100914041166

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

DIRECT-TV-8091
XFINITY-FAMILY-0122383
FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

o poo poo!

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Riot Bimbo posted:

I dont wanna disclose much right now

flubber nuts posted:

did disclosure happen yet?

No

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

pancake rabbit posted:

were you or were you not in the vicinity of Al-Taqaddum Air Base towards the end of 2017

Hey! Just because I'm covered in ringwoodite stank and have certain deformable qualities doesn't mean you get to stereotype me :mad:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

looks like we've got a skin-pisser on our hands folks

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

You know what they say

Once you skin-piss
You never bladder-miss

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
UFO near Saturn captured through telescope

https://twitter.com/THEWATCHTOWERS/status/1748228642881347839?s=20

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Quote isn't edit

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

heh heh heh I always did love a good peep show

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

obviously a gigantic monolith

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Saturn vid's a fake, sadly

https://www.reddit.com/r/aliens/comments/19abz96/debunk_of_uap_moving_behind_saturn_on_january_14/

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Yeah that's what a jellyfish would want us to believe

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Saturn is such a beautiful planet

https://www.damianpeach.com/saturn.htm

I got to look at it through an observatory telescope 15 years ago. It looked like they'd put a Saturn sticker on the end of the telescope.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Yeah that's what a jellyfish would want us to believe

:cthulhu:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

not only is the video fake, but so is Saturn

attempt no landing there

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/heres-what-i-learned-as-the-u-s-governments-ufo-hunter/

He sucks

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You gotta wonder what he thinks his legacy is going to be.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Slimy little fucker can scamper all the way to Batelle and collect his blood money

What a piece of poo poo

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

my bony fealty posted:

Slimy little fucker can scamper all the way to Batelle and collect his blood money

What a piece of poo poo

Also the whole article just presupposes this stuff would've been treated with an appropriate chain of command. Certain PhD's are the smuggest obnoxious people (not referring to my ex-wife but sort of).

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Saturn is such a beautiful planet

so majestuous

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He is still on the federal payroll. This is all part of the job.
He probably thinks of himself as a loyal soldier, protecting the secrecy of our black projects

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I have a really hard time believing Ryan Graves has turned down an opportunity to speak with AARO. He's only ever defended Kirkpatrick.

quote:

As of the time of my departure, none, let me repeat, none of the conspiracy-minded “whistleblowers” in the public eye had elected to come to AARO to provide their “evidence” and statement for the record despite numerous invitations.

Fitzy Fitz has issued a correction as of 16:01 on Jan 19, 2024

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

not only is the video fake, but so is Saturn

attempt no landing there

to be fair it probably wouldn't be easy to land on metallic hydrogen

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nonpaywall link

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Jazerus posted:

my brain rejected this immediately can you summarize the good bits

the house of cards: it is falling

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

quote:

First, no record exists of any president or living DOD or intelligence community leader knowing about this alleged program, nor any congressional committee having such knowledge. This should speak volumes if this case were following typical procedure because it is inconceivable that a program of such import would not ever have been briefed to the 50 to 100 people at the top of the USG over the decades of its existence.

I am pretty sure this happens all the time and has happened all the time. We have historical evidence and a lot of it of this exact thing occurring.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

quote:

I can assure you as its former director that AARO is unwaveringly committed to harnessing science and technology to bring unprecedented clarity to these fascinating, important, and stubborn mysteries and to do so with maximum transparency. Its talented staff and team of supporting scientists are at this very moment striving in collaboration with the armed forces, intelligence community,
Lemme stop you right there. The bolded part is exactly why your government is struggling so much with this friend. Most aitees want nothing to do with troops or spooks, and the ones who do are assholes who are not interested in helping us at all.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t believe a video of a moon size object moving at relativistic speeds in a retrograde motion in close proximity to Saturn was fake

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Here, Graves calls out Matt Laszlo twice here for criticizing Gillibrand and Kirkpatrick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVCwtp1Xzls

Here's his defense of Kirkpatrick specifically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVCwtp1Xzls&t=1130s

He founded a full-blown lobbying organization for reporting these things. There's no way he wouldn't speak to AARO.

bedpan posted:

I am pretty sure this happens all the time and has happened all the time. We have historical evidence and a lot of it of this exact thing occurring.

DoD even admits that it's overclassified programs and can't function properly as a result. This was announced all of days ago: https://breakingdefense.com/2024/01/dod-completely-rewrites-classification-policy-for-secret-space-programs/

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

quote:

As director of the Department of Defense’s All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO), charged by Congress in 2022 to help bring science-based clarity and resolution to the long-standing mystery surrounding credible observations of unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP), also known as UFOs, I experienced this erosion up close and personal.

It hadn't occurred to me before but if his remit was "Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena," what about Identified Anomalous Phenomena.

Imagine an alien ship crash lands and the ship and aliens recovered. There is nothing "unidentified" about this.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that hair cut is setting off alarm bells

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

bedpan posted:

loving even president truman didnt know about the manhattan project until they were forced to read him when roosevelt died iirc

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

DoD even admits that it's overclassified programs and can't function properly as a result. This was announced all of days ago: https://breakingdefense.com/2024/01/dod-completely-rewrites-classification-policy-for-secret-space-programs/

That too. I don't recall any part of the UAP taskforce having the unilateral ability to override classifications where those classifications would normally prohibit disclosure outside of a select group already read into the program.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

btw I've been visited. They're smaller than I expected.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

quote:

Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) means (A) airborne objects that are not immediately identifiable; (B) transmedium objects or devices; (C) and submerged objects or devices that are not immediately identifiable and that display behavior or performance characteristics suggesting that the objects or devices may be related to the objects or devices described in subparagraph (A) or (B). (Per the NDAA FY23 Section 1673(d)(8))

The DoD considers Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) as sources of anomalous detections in one or more domains (i.e., airborne, seaborne, spaceborne, and/or transmedium) that are not yet attributable to known actors and that demonstrate behaviors that are not readily understood by sensors or observers.

“Anomalous detections” include but are not limited to phenomena that demonstrate apparent capabilities or material that exceed known performance envelopes. A UAP may consist of one or more unidentified anomalous objects and may persist over an extended period of time.

haha no wonder nothing of value was found!

An alien ship that crashes on the earth doesn't qualify because it is no longer airborne. A recovered object is immediately identified as being from an alien civilization 1,000,000 years old so it is no longer unidentified. Someone sees an interdimensional being appear on the interdimensional being appear on the scanner and is able to readily understand that yep, sensors detected interdimensional being and yep, it is an interdimensional being.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 16:37 on Jan 19, 2024

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's the frustrating thing about drafting rules or laws about disclosure. The new law says to disclose any UAP stuff? Well, they are technically identified. Anything involving ET info? Technically we don't know if they're extraterrestrial. Oh, non-human intelligence? Getting closer, but technically we haven't ruled out if they're future humans/divergent humans.

I feel like the only options are catastrophic disclosure against the will of those that be, disclosure from the beings themselves, or Congress saying they've had enough and coming together to just I don't know, go to these places and demand access (which lol that the House would be capable of organizing and being effective at anything).

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

I wonder what this is attempting to get ahead of.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Kirkpatrick is also the only official still using the word "aliens," and it's clear why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Kirkpatrick is also the only official still using the word "aliens," and it's clear why.

why?