Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

As a child of the 80s and a fan of John Carpenter's music, I'm really digging that Synthwave is a modern trend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I fill up my dynavap b once or twice a night before bed and listen to podcasts. I run it through a bong so it's water cooled/filtered.That's all I need. Microdosing is the way for me. I think that's a microdose the chamber on that unit is very small.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

I fill up my dynavap b once or twice a night before bed and listen to podcasts. I run it through a bong so it's water cooled/filtered.That's all I need. Microdosing is the way for me. I think that's a microdose the chamber on that unit is very small.

I have to ask.... Does it taste like popcorn after it's been sitting on the heat for awhile?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

kuarduck posted:

I have to ask.... Does it taste like popcorn after it's been sitting on the heat for awhile?
I’m not Hellblazer, neither am I a hell blazer with a Dynavap, but I find if I get four hits off of a bowl then empty it I dont get that “burnt” nasty taste. And the weed is pretty golden brown at that point.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

kuarduck posted:

There's a popcorn smell when it's done. I get three clicks out of it before it's done. I don't notice a popcorn taste, maybe due to the water filtration. I like the popcorn smell.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I was dying laughing at the maid of honor speech bit in the most recent "we're here to help" podcast episode, after having had TWO full dynavap b bowls, which is the equivalent of one dynavap m bowl. Do I call it a bowl? chamber? Anyways I had that twice and laughed very hard and then had a nice night of sleep. Weed is good.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I’m not Hellblazer, neither am I a hell blazer with a Dynavap, but I find if I get four hits off of a bowl then empty it I dont get that “burnt” nasty taste. And the weed is pretty golden brown at that point.
yeah, I probably average 3-4 heat cycles in my Dynavaps before I get that acrid taste that tells me it’s past time to dump it out... but it’s dependent on heating technique and the cap/tip I’m using. I can finish a capful in 1-2 heating cycles if I run it hot, or stretch it out to 5-6 heating cycles by running it cooler. (Dynavap even sells a special low-temp cap for that, but you can do it manually by heating towards the tip instead of the base of the cap.)

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

That's good info but I'm running digital with my rig using the Pinky. It's pretty flavorful but the last draw or two on the bowl tastes like straight popcorn, even through water filtering via bong+catcher.

Maybe a question to the thread: What temp are you set at for your Ball Vapes (or otherwise)?
I think I'm going too hot, but then I get paranoid I'm wasting flower if I turn it down.

e: now with pictures

What I start with

What I end up with

Not pictured: Me getting high as gently caress

kuarduck fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 19, 2024

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

555F

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Pretty sure I combusted at 550F. Thanks though

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I set my Ti enail to about 650 if that's at all heated similar. Looks like the same basic tech as far as coil and power goes.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

It varies a lot from what I understand. I can go to 630 with my flowerpot and not combust but I usually run way lower than that unless I want to do dabs and flower hits simultaneously turns out I do not want to do that often if at all

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I use the shadow induction heater. It just sits on the counter next to my bathroom sink. There, always, like a good friend.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Hellblazer187 posted:

100%

I've been on paid leave for a bit recently and *shock* I've sometimes had two bowls from a dynavap

If the dynavap is microdosing, I have little desire to go much further withered consumption

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
combustin makes me feel good

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Brain Curry posted:

It varies a lot from what I understand. I can go to 630 with my flowerpot and not combust but I usually run way lower than that unless I want to do dabs and flower hits simultaneously turns out I do not want to do that often if at all

yeah, I think the temperatures can vary a lot from ball vape to ball vape, because it’s not actually measuring the temperature of the air as it hits the flower. I’ve been experimenting with a titanium ball vape from High Five that I got over the holidays, including changing out the types of balls inside it, and I get different results at the same nominal temperature just from using different balls. A hit at 650F with the stock 6mm SIC spheres gives me similar vapor as a hit at 620F when I change those spheres out for 3mm rubies.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
420F

RFC
Nov 3, 2002
I use my Tera at 428f and use a bong

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
currently high

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

currently high

:hmmyes:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

currently high

dank, same

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m_giioppT4

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I use a Lego type shovel as my weed scoop. I got an aliexpress 10 pack. I like it more than the little scraper that comes w every grinder

10pcs Utensil Tools Shovel Spade Kit For 4cm Figure 3837 Assemble Particle Educational Building Blocks DIY Children Gifts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0RsRne

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

got the perfect pipe to go with that

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Thomas the Dank Engine

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

More coal!!!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
wrecked by the ol' 97

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I choo choo choom you

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kuarduck posted:

As a child of the 80s and a fan of John Carpenter's music, I'm really digging that Synthwave is a modern trend.

Right on. Amazon Music has a Synthwave channel I've been listening to lately, I love it. So many songs sound like they come from a soundtrack to an 80's movie that's playing in my head.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Did I make a good choice?

e. I'll only be using it for dry herbs, the bundle is:

B1 Injector Bundle (Herbs Only)

B1 Head Assembly (7009)
B1 Nut with 3/4" Titanium Screen (3227)
Injector Diffuser with 5/8" Titanium Screen (3417)
Ruby Balls 4mm (9422-4MM)
Elev8 Injector Style Glass Bowl 14mm (9432)
Threaded Heat Stand (3438)
Insulated Heat Post (3196)
CH PID Controller (9089)
Enail Handle (2943)
20mm Coil (9323-INT)
Power Cord (9251-UK)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

get weeded noob

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Wachter posted:

Thomas the Dank Engine

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

Did I make a good choice?

e. I'll only be using it for dry herbs, the bundle is:

B1 Injector Bundle (Herbs Only)

You made a great choice imo

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

I’m about to get zooted on some weed drinks

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Cassette Moodcore posted:

I’m about to get zooted on some weed drinks

I really like the little Ray's lemonade shots, the dragonfruit ones especially. the big lemonades are good too, like full soda size, but capped at 100mg, ehhhh

if those came in like 300mg, that's a soda I could sip on for a minute

get with it washington

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/0GcVCjP.mp4

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

:hmmyes:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Doing the recycling and discovered an ounce of trimmed flower in a gallon screwtop at the bottom of the glass basket. Not sure if I'm happier about finding the weed or the jar.

I have about half a rubbermaid of trim, low quality flower and untrimmed flower I'll never be able to smoke. I'm gonna do one big ethanol extraction and another coconut oil for gummies, but there'll still be heaps left. Does making bubble hash with ice water and those nested sieves produce good results?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I bought this brand of weed that really sucks and barely gets me high so I have to make the decision to smoke it all first before moving onto the better stuff or mix and match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jelly posted:

I bought this brand of weed that really sucks and barely gets me high so I have to make the decision to smoke it all first before moving onto the better stuff or mix and match.

oof got this going on a bit. homie got me like 6 kinds of herb, sadly 2 of them are total bullshit. but I can't let myself waste weed!