Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Xaris posted:

i love that most of the 80s-90s media was making fun of cubicles as droll and soulless

now all corps have open office floorplans

gen x is extremely dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lumpentroll posted:

pretty sure there’s a poster with that username

they post in the trump thread and have a horny clown avatar

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

aw frig aw dang it posted:

gen x is extremely dumb

yep. computer touchers begging management to get rid of these soulless isolating cubicles and then when management gives em the slop they say 'thank you mr manager'

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Xaris posted:

i love that most of the 80s-90s media was making fun of cubicles as droll and soulless

now all corps have open office floorplans

Yup. Private office is obv superior but cubicles are very ftw

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my office is at home

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i like working in the dark and i can actually the overhead lighting in my nook unlike everyone else's desks. so i get to turn it off and just work in the dark with an bankers lamp + a purple neon ramen sign above my desk.

and yes it is extremely very tacky

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Xaris posted:

cubicles ftw. i've got my own personal man-cave in the form of an oversized cubicle in a nook. its basically a private office, with no one next to me in any direction, without a door. it rules

would like a window but can't win em all

i have an office with a door that locks i sometimes vape in

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Al! posted:

that sounds like the supervisor at my first real job howebver the pay was not very good.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

that sounds like the supervisor at my first real job howebver the pay was not very good.

they do not and will not allow me to supervise people

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Al! posted:

they do not and will not allow me to supervise people

theyre right

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

he also showed me a dict comprehension, asked me what it does, i said oh thats a list comprehension it does X, he was like would you like to try again. brutalized

You're lucky you bombed that one, those are psycho questions.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

Vaping in your office rules. Hehe I'm breaking the rules and giving people second-hand bubbly lungs or whatever it is that vapes are killing us with

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lobster shirt posted:

my office is at home

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

livin' the dream :mad: tis probably a good thing i can't do that though because id give myself nicotine poisoning like smythe

we've got a smoking balcony anyways, so its probably good for me to get up and just walk down a couple flights of stairs once an hour instead.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Gumball Gumption posted:

You're lucky you bombed that one, those are psycho questions.

it would pay a retarded amount of money so id like to get the job

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

theyre right

hard agree

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
can confirm having money is a good thing to have lots of (not that i do, it all goes to rent and PG&E power bills to power my gaming computer)

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

lobster shirt posted:

my office is at home

Do you have a cubicle?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

just kind of charmed my way into a career by being handsome and quick with a joke now i get to post all day at work, plus i dont supervise anyone and technically dont have a boss anymore since they canned his rear end. incredible luck

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

just kind of charmed my way into a career by being handsome and quick with a joke now i get to post all day at work, plus i dont supervise anyone and technically dont have a boss anymore since they canned his rear end. incredible luck
this was always my favorite goon story. i believe it 100%
https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

this was always my favorite goon story. i believe it 100%
https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/

stopped in disgust when i saw him intercap email

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Al! posted:

vaping in your offic every 5 seconds ftw

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

one time I was on a stream call and I took a drink from my glass of scotch on camera without thinking. I know my boss noticed it because he cracked this stupid grin for like half a second

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
very silly youre supposed to sit at a computert for 8 hours and not vape constantly lol. impossible task. cant geyt anything done without keeping the blood saturation maxed out

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Buck Wildman posted:

one time I was on a stream call and I took a drink from my glass of scotch on camera without thinking. I know my boss noticed it because he cracked this stupid grin for like half a second

nice

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
there was a viral story at the topic of covid wfh where some britsh woman was smoking on camera during the zoom and someone reported her to hr and she was like "why? im in my own home" and i think she ended up getting owned anyways

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Smythe posted:

there was a viral story at the topic of covid wfh where some britsh woman was smoking on camera during the zoom and someone reported her to hr and she was like "why? im in my own home" and i think she ended up getting owned anyways

good

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

she needed to smoke to protect her lungs from covid

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Smoking is a sin

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Buck Wildman posted:

You should get a big fruity cocktail with umbrellas etc next time

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Weka posted:

your ability to get away with that sort of thing is commensurate with your boss's dislike of the client

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Smythe posted:

I thought about that a couple times during winter when I didn't want to go outside but I knew the same thing would happen to me lol. Did fake camera trouble a bunch a vaped though

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

she’s right

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

lol bri'ian

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Weka posted:

wfh girl drink drunk

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wait i think i just described myself at the start of covid, if buzzballs count as a girl drink

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

smoking is win

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

aw frig aw dang it posted:

my 16 boyfriends are smiling at me, Imperials

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i think you should be allowed to smoke and vape in your own home even on zoom camera and hr should have to suck you dick if they have a problem with it. in the USA at least. freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the founding fathers: actually if your boss can see you on camera and youre working they can dictate your behavior while youre on your own property.

LMFAO