Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

pumpinglemma posted:

I can see how that would make sense in the context of a repayment regime where either his income is automatically garnished or one where if he’s a day late on a payment then bailiffs wander into his house and start grabbing anything that looks expensive, but he hasn’t paid a penny. The plaintiffs aren’t benefitting from his show continuing at all.

Is there someone overseeing his expenses? I do wonder what is taking so long for the victims to start being paid.

InsertPotPun posted:

he doesn't have to do his show to pay them. if he worked at home depot he'd have his wages garnished and he wouldn't have a show.

But he makes less money at home depot, which means less money for the victims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Did they at least make him sell all his music poo poo. I know he had an 808 and maybe a 909, those are worth thousands today.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

So which STD is on his hand?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Crows Turn Off posted:

i assumed some of the splotches might be stains but holy gently caress.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Yeah I’ve heard a severe enough persecution complex can give you stigmata

gregday
May 23, 2003

His people are saying it’s papercuts.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Was he trying to minecraft punch the tree to make the paper? Jesus.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

gregday posted:

His people are saying it’s papercuts.

I can actually believe this. Old people have papery skin, he got a paper cut on his index finger, that finger then blotched a bunch of other places

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Hell, it doesn't even need to be because he's old, sometimes a papercut just bleeds a lot.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

pumpinglemma posted:

I can see how that would make sense in the context of a repayment regime where either his income is automatically garnished or one where if he’s a day late on a payment then bailiffs wander into his house and start grabbing anything that looks expensive, but he hasn’t paid a penny. The plaintiffs aren’t benefitting from his show continuing at all.

He hasn't paid yet because he can't start paying - his accounts have been handed over to the control of the bankruptcy court, which is deciding how to divide up his assets among his various debtors (and also investigating his financial records to track down any money he might be hiding).

He's not allowed to make debt payments while that process is going on, but he also doesn't have the option to simply refuse to pay when he's done (because, again, the court controls his accounts).

The money from his show and his supplement sales and everything else is all going right into accounts controlled by the court. That's all money that's going out to the victims eventually.

rkd_ posted:

Is there someone overseeing his expenses? I do wonder what is taking so long for the victims to start being paid.

When his lawsuits started looking bad, he filed for bankruptcy. The bankruptcy court figured out pretty quickly that he was just filing a fake bankruptcy to try to avoid paying out...and it also figured out pretty quickly that he was trying to hide a ton of money to avoid the judgment and that his real net worth was significantly higher than he was willing to admit.

It was a massive own goal, since not only did he not get his debts wiped away, but he gave control of his main accounts to the court and basically invited the courts to give very close scrutiny to his financial affairs. In the long run, he's going to be much worse off because of it...but in the short run, he's given some court-appointed forensic accountants plenty of work to do, and he's not going to be able to pay out until they're done.

2nd Rate Poster
Mar 25, 2004

i started a joke
Those are definitely just golf blisters on a color adjusted photo of his aging alabaster hand.

Kind of wild to me how people can think it's syphilis or anything else.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Weren't most of his "outstanding debts" owed to shell companies owned by him and his parents anyways?

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

2nd Rate Poster posted:

Those are definitely just golf blisters on a color adjusted photo of his aging alabaster hand.

It's like the time Trump was in the hospital with covid and some people here claimed he was likely dead. Then when he was recorded outside the White House people claimed it was prerecorded or green screen or something. A lot of the noisiest people just believe whatever they want.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

2nd Rate Poster posted:

I'm sure there are people who actually think that, but I was just messing around because it's Trump. His handlers say it's because of papercuts, though... while you seem confident they're golf blisters. Conflicting stories means it's clearly an STD.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

:golfclap:

Crows Turn Off posted:

That's some serious Jeremiah 2:22 right there.

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug

Crows Turn Off posted:

Might be left over from the last time he smeared that junk all over his face...

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/big_cases/status/1748429443390177361

mild-shock.gif

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Fart Amplifier posted:

It's like the time Trump was in the hospital with covid and some people here claimed he was likely dead. Then when he was recorded outside the White House people claimed it was prerecorded or green screen or something. A lot of the noisiest people just believe whatever they want.

im noisy, but i limit it to being personally 100% convinced that trump puts an MIT dorm's worth of study uppers up his nose yearly

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Randalor posted:

Weren't most of his "outstanding debts" owed to shell companies owned by him and his parents anyways?

Yeah, just after the verdict on damages a medical supply company that he gets his dick pills from suddenly discovered an invoice of like 50 million he apparently owed them, and by complete coincidence that company is run by his dad.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Crows Turn Off posted:

What carrying 8 pizza boxes does to a mf

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

mobby_6kl posted:

Speaking of which,

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-supreme-court-ballot-brief/

I think this was an expected line of defense and while it seems ridiculous, with this supreme court...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lmao I'd play that

Well here's our officer's fresh takes on the GA case:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
FFS stop saying telephone calls are "perfect" It's so weird and somehow off-putting despite making absolutely no sense

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Probably some weird quirk of his animal PR instincts telling him that calling them "innocent", "legal", etc. would be a bad look

and he just doesn't have a very big vocabulary

gregday
May 23, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

FFS stop saying telephone calls are "perfect" It's so weird and somehow off-putting despite making absolutely no sense

He lives and feeds off constant praise, so every mundane action he takes must be the most perfectly executed form of that action in all of history.

Also, yeah, dumb and limited vocabulary.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Crows Turn Off posted:

These are not lesions from 2ry syphilis. I know this because I have diagnosed and treated it. This is what they look like.

These are blisters from a golf swing. He's right handed, so his left hand is his glove hand and his right is the guiding hand. He is gripping the club too tightly with his right hand because he is too fat to swing well and he has to guide the club to the ball.

I know this because I am a god awful golfer.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Those blisters are from jerking off too much a lot. I can confirm that.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

mobby_6kl posted:

Got any proof for this claim :pervert:

:barf:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Nervous posted:

Got any proof for this claim :pervert:

:barf:

You don’t wanna see that spreadsheet.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

mobby_6kl posted:

Calling bullshit because the blisters are too far apart for that to be possible

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

PainterofCrap posted:

Calling bullshit because the blisters are too far apart for that to be possible

Nobody said he was jerking himself off

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Smh saying Trump has a limited vocabulary when he dropped "braggadocious" on us that one time, and a bunch of people assumed he made it up

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Occam's razor here says that Trump is just fat and bad at golf, two facts that are easily corroborated.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

it's loving red Sharpie you morons have you never worked in permanent marker

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Also if it were golf blisters you could, you know, put some band-aids on them, but Donnie's ego probably won't allow that because it'll make him look weak so it's open sores o'clock instead.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Scratch Monkey posted:

You're repeating it. Trump's good at saying weird poo poo people remember.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Morrow posted:

Occam's razor here says that Trump is just fat and bad at golf, two facts that are easily corroborated.

I was under the impression he was a decent golfer but still cheated because why wouldn't he.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

quote:

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 phone calls once, but I fear the man who has practiced one phone call 10,000 times.

Trump as some kind of idiot bodhisattva works better then it should

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Scapegoat posted:

I was under the impression he was a decent golfer but still cheated because why wouldn't he.

As a golfer he's pretty good

As a golfer that owns and lives on golf courses and golfs essentially endlessly for free he's mediocre - going by the gold scores he SEFINITELY didn't cheat on

Also he got a hole in one the first time he ever played golf after he invented it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Eric Cantonese posted:

I'm reading through the motion and it seems like Willis is arguing that the Wade's ex-wife is looking for irrelevant information and that is only intended for harassment. The motion is also claiming potential coordination between the MIchael Roman's counsel and Wade's ex-wife. Wade and his ex-wife had an uncontested, no-fault divorce that did not require conclusions about factually disputed issues and Wade's ex-wife admitted that the divorce was due to adultery on her part. She also already received all requested information about Wade's compensation by the DA's office. Also, as of the date, Michael Roman started trying to get Willis disqualified, there were no amendments to the pleadings that would lead to contested issues with the divorce justifying new discovery. The informational requests in the subpoena from Wade's ex-wife are also lack specificity.

Willis is overall arguing that the subpoena is basically a big fishing expedition. It's not very sexy, but she's arguing that Roman's argument and Wade's ex-wife's subpoena are based on nothing, which makes it hard to respond to nothing. This approach seems driven by a desire to avoid giving inadvertent fuel to make Roman's conflict-of-interest theory look more substantial than it is.

Willis is implying that someone is coordinating Wade’s ex’s subpoena and Romans motion. If it turns out the allegations are false (or false enough, like the relationship started after Wade was hired) then that seems like a conspiracy to commit fraud on the court.

Most of the talking heads I listen to seem to think it’s pretty key that Roman’s motion failed to include any sort of affidavit swearing to the alleged facts. If Wades Ex has specific knowledge of an affair between Wade and Wills then why wouldn’t she attest to that? Especially if it is documented evidence in her divorce proceedings. If Marchant had seen the documents, which she sort of claims in her filings then why wouldn’t she put that in writing?

Maybe Wades ex does think there is a romantic link between Willis and Wade but doesn’t have any evidence of it? Wouldn’t be the first time a spouse became jealous over their SO working closely with someone from their office. Particularly as this sort of effort would necessarily involve a lot of travel, late nights and meals together. However, what if she didn’t think that until Roman, or someone affiliated with him, suggested it? That’s what I understand was Roman’s job, oppo research, I.e raking muck and then putting it into a story to attack or discredit an opponent.