Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I have a good friend who loves grandma’s boy and brings it up sometimes and every time I have to force myself to forget he said anything about it for the sake of our friendship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
True Detective season one writing was better because he all but stole it from a guy who can actually write.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

True Detective season one writing was better because he all but stole it from a guy who can actually write.

to be fair, he stole it from several guys who could actually write

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Popy posted:

Entourage is a glimpse into a different time a pre-2008 crash time.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

uber_stoat posted:

I wanna know more, who stole it? The real true detective?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

uber_stoat posted:

yep. that's not a bad thing though. imo if you steal it from someone else, its only a crime if whatever you make sucks rear end. if it's good, you get a pass. td1 was very good

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
grandma's boy has many funny parts but really fizzles out somewhere just after midway through. unstructured comedy syndrome

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Enough of these True Detectives….when are we going to start getting shows about False Detectives?

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Great news everyone, Sauron has a son and Tom Bombadil is Morgoth

https://twitter.com/theoneringnet/status/1748001311952343423

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
am I the only one whose eyes just glaze over in a stupor whenever i try to read any LOTR expanded universe jargon ? lotr itself is a nice simple PTSD ww1 allegory. everything about the lotr expanded universe is incomprehensible garbage that puts me to sleep

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I've only seen a few episodes of entourage and one of them is that episode where Ralph Maccio is somehow banned from the playboy mansion, but Paulie Shore was the true culprit who should have been banned? it's truly fuckin bizarre poo poo.

I think that's the same ep with Danny Masterson. the guy named Drama (who was considering getting calf implants??) is banned from the mansion and he attempts to convince Ralph Maccio into confessing but Maccio tells him to gently caress off

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Xaris posted:

am I the only one whose eyes just glaze over in a stupor whenever i try to read any LOTR expanded universe jargon ? lotr itself is a nice simple PTSD ww1 allegory. everything about the lotr expanded universe is incomprehensible garbage that puts me to sleep

Like, Tolkien didn’t even want to do it!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Xaris posted:

Oh so you don't care about the Kin Slaying? Or the Fall of... uh... Dagorlad the elf city?? Yeah. Right. Like I can believe that

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Xaris posted:

you are not the only one

"oh wow, stories that tolkien thought were too boring to actually write! let's make a new franchise"

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
why did they turn the hobbit into like 4 movies

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
goons seem to love silmarillion and stuff though?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

why did they turn the hobbit into like 4 movies

from having seen them im guessing somebody bet what's his name that he couldn't make three of the worst movies of all time at a cost of a billion dollars

like how somebody (Arthur c Clarke?) bet L Ron Hubbard he couldn't start his own religion

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Goons just love lore. Looking at a fan wiki and going awooga

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the people have been clamoring for a Tom Bombadil appearance for many years. i expect he will get his own spinoff.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Xaris posted:

Its like the ultimate nerd bible and its great

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

the hobbit movies wouldve been so much worse if del toro ended up making them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

benicio was up for the gig???

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

the milk machine posted:

from having seen them im guessing somebody bet what's his name that he couldn't make three of the worst movies of all time at a cost of a billion dollars

like how somebody (Arthur c Clarke?) bet L Ron Hubbard he couldn't start his own religion

Movie 2 is actually pretty fun warts and all

1 and 3 are rough though but still Citizen Kane compared to Amazon's billion dollar bowel movement

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

benicio was up for the gig???

the other one. but apparently he got pretty far

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

unquestionably.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

DaysBefore posted:

Goons just love lore. Looking at a fan wiki and going awooga

It's true! Baby skooma in the 90s would have read the poo poo out of a Peanuts wiki if there was such a thing. Must know everything about my favorite IPs and brands.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
actually i disagree, the hobbit movie needed more latinas

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Xaris posted:

the other one. but apparently he got pretty far

unquestionably.

lol nice edit Genius

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Vince Vaughn was great in Domestic Disturbance as the mean new husband opposite John Travoltas nice guy ex-husband. The whole movie is terrible and unhinged

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Xaris posted:

goons are dumb as poo poo

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
the hobbit but it's che guevara

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

silmarillion owns

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

only bakshi is worthy

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Gresh posted:

Movie 2 is actually pretty fun warts and all

1 and 3 are rough though but still Citizen Kane compared to Amazon's billion dollar bowel movement

is 2 the one with bendict cumberdragon? that part was pretty fun

i saw hobbit 3 in the theater (not my choice) and it's one of the worst movies i've seen in a movie theater. joe dante don't read this: small soldiers is the worst

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

just finished the latest season of Slow Horses Gary Oldman is the GOAT fr.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Xaris posted:

its like disney being stuck at retreading ep4-6 on star wars

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Enough of these True Detectives….when are we going to start getting shows about False Detectives?

Everyone will laugh if you bring up law and order

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Psych is sort of about a false detective

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

the people have been clamoring for a Tom Bombadil appearance for many years. i expect he will get his own spinoff.

Good god why on earth would they clamor for that???

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Good god why on earth would they clamor for that???

me. i want the tomb bombadill fish out of water origin story remake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
how did he get so good at singing?? why does he live in the woods?? does he actually like tea? was his favorite chorus a song his mother used to sing when he was an infant???

these are important questions i want answers to. give it to me