Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

There is a bug right now that added a ton of bloom to the guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the most major things of the patch are nerfing nukes (c4 on throwables) and rpgs don't 1-shot lights anymore

edit: oh yah also some solo queue mode

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

The nerf to C4 is quite impactful, not necessarily in terms of damage because it still kicks rear end but the range is kinda garbage now. Gotta be real sneaky or above your targets. Haven't really felt the RPG and mesh shield nerfs.

New game mode is really fun, probably better than playing Bank it with randoms.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
evidently there's a bug in this patch that hosed up the bloom and recoil patterns for some guns and also you can't queue with a group right now. how long until we get an embark version of :dice:

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I'm not mad about the bloom bug, it makes long distance shooting more difficult but the guns in general were like lasers anyway

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Bloom bug is fixed today. If they were experimenting with it to make long distance shooting more difficult the better thing to do would just be to tone down the recoil smoothing this game has.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--ZZEzSCog

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

LOL, taking the cranes down is a must (sniper no sniping!) and I've seen them bounce around the map, but I haven't seen them freak out that bad

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

So what I'm getting from this is that we need a giant robot event.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

TremorX posted:

LOL, taking the cranes down is a must (sniper no sniping!) and I've seen them bounce around the map, but I haven't seen them freak out that bad

My understanding is this is a bug you can reproduce by putting down barricades inside the crane's cabin and then using the inputs.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think they should add a mode that ups the team sizes to 30.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

they should add in some vehicles too, some more guns, maybe a map that is more natural terrain, some sort of game mode where you capture and hold territory for points..

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah!

But mostly I just hate team sizes small enough someone could tell I specifically am not doing a good job

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Too Many Birds posted:

they should add in some vehicles too, some more guns, maybe a map that is more natural terrain, some sort of game mode where you capture and hold territory for points..

Maybe some giant, bipedal robots while we're at it...

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Yeah!

But mostly I just hate team sizes small enough someone could tell I specifically am not doing a good job

i've had so many moments of burying my face into my hands and thinking "oh god they just watched me do that why did i do that."

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
That's what I'm digging about The Finals is that it's more lighthearted than a lot of other FPS games. I had a team the other day where one dude spent the whole match just wrecking buildings. I wasn't even made I just thought that dude was having a great time with the game.

dopesilly
Aug 4, 2023

withoutclass posted:

I wasn't even made I just thought that dude was having a great time with the game.

This is how I play. I have an absolute blast destroying environments, watching all the lights and mediums scramble around the rubble. Sometimes I even crush a few people with a falling structure. I couldn't give two shits about getting kills, and the objectives are an opportunity for me to make the environment more difficult for people to deposit/capture.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

dopesilly posted:

This is how I play. I have an absolute blast destroying environments, watching all the lights and mediums scramble around the rubble. Sometimes I even crush a few people with a falling structure. I couldn't give two shits about getting kills, and the objectives are an opportunity for me to make the environment more difficult for people to deposit/capture.

Try camping the first (or really any) deposit from a floor below with 2 c4 on the roof and some mines on the ground. As soon as you hear someone making a deposit blow the whole floor up and drop them into your mines.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I just really like the heavies ability to go "gently caress this" and leave with the slam thing. Playing a medium feels kinda slow and boring compared to chargey slam man.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

heavy is the best class and it's not even close.

embark keeps buffing the flamethrower and it was already extremely viable before the most recent patch.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

pop seems to be continually nosediving it sucks b/c this is a great game :smith:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

everyone is playing bad games instead. as usual

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I'm just kinda sick of like 80% of my tourney games being recon fcar.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Just keep playing. The low team sizes mean the game is still going to be easily playable in every region for a long time. The real threat is Embark getting spooked and rebuffing the AA because controller players have been complaining and dropping the game.

The game really needs new maps too, or more variants of the current ones.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

recon should definitely be reworked in some way. an ability entirely designed around negating doing fun things is really bad for the game.

defib also feels too strong and needs to be reworked. getting a pick in a 1vx and then having it instantly negated just feels terrible lol.

if i was in charge of the game i'd also speed up time to passive health regen a tad to make flanking and dynamic positioning better.

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 24, 2024

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

pop seems to be continually nosediving it sucks b/c this is a great game :smith:

I'd love to see how Palworld has impacted every other game out there this past week

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Sab669 posted:

I'd love to see how Palworld has impacted every other game out there this past week

This is exactly it. It had something like 2 million plus concurrent players the other day my friend was telling me.

Edit: looks like 1,864,421 concurrent players on steam, beating out CS2 to take the #2 spot.

withoutclass fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 24, 2024

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
the people love nintendo ip theft and until embark realises that this game is dead in the water

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Patch notes:

https://www.reachthefinals.com/patch-notes-9

quote:

Balance Changes

Gadgets

Defibrillators

Decreased the length of invulnerability applied after a revive to 0.75s from 1.5s

Revives

Decreased the length of invulnerability applied after a revive to 0.75s from 1.5s

Weapons

.357 Revolver

Decreased the amount of bullet dispersion applied when aiming down sights

Reduced damage fall-off start range to 23m from 35m

Reduced damage fall-off end range to 40m from 50m

CL-40

Increased player damage to 110 from 100

FCAR

Decreased damage to 25 from 26

Guardian Turret

Decreased health to 280 from 300

MGL32

Increased player damage to 83 from 80

Throwing Knives

Decreased the amount of projectile dispersion applied when falling

Decreased the amount of projectile dispersion applied when sprinting

Content And Bug Fixes

Crashes

Fixed an issue where certain GPUs would sometimes crash

Matchmaking

Fixed an issue where crossplay settings would not be respected when the player was in a party

Updated matchmaking configuration in Tournament and Ranked Tournament modes, to help ensure closer matches by skill-rating

They also say they are going to do something about Recon senses in next week's patch

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

very nice

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

the speed of balance changes from embark is refreshing to see

now we just need some more maps and something to spend our VR on

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSsbMVhLt8M

It's probably common knowledge but how to do the crane bug

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
There should be zero invulenarbility after a defib revive, none. Not half the current duration, zero. Its still effectively an instant "150hp" on a heavy. As a burst heal thats absurd already let alone the i-frames.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

i think the big duration reduction is fine. it is annoying having bullets bounce off newly rezzed folks, but getting killed literally before you can humanly react would be dumb. And defibs are already risky and make you vulnerable to use and eat a gadget slot, with gadgets being impossibly tight on a medium. The game already askes me to choose between my two most precious children, jump pad and APS.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 24, 2024

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

i think the big duration reduction is fine. it was annoying having bullets bounce off newly rezzed folks, but getting killed literally before you can humanly react would be dumb. dropping the duration by a bunch should pretty much fix the problem.

If you are getting killed before you can react its because your teammate did a dumb mid-combat revive, and that shouldn't be a free pass to just live without any caveat. A good defib medic could still absolutely turn the tide if they know when to go for the rez, but right now its still going to be beneficial to just paddle in any scenario because its free.

Even with literally no iframes whatsoever the defib would still be the medics best gadget by a country mile.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

I'd never even noticed the invulnerability so I'm curious to see how it might feel different now

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
the invulnerability was way longer than it needed to be. ideally there'd be zero iframes but realistically you probably should have like a fraction of a second for people to feel like they have time to react, at least in the non-competitive game modes because people hate getting respawned and instantly killed. there should be zero iframes in the tournament/ranked modes. failing that it would really have helped if there was some prominent visual signifier that you will be wasting your bullets shooting at the freshly revived, like them fading in or something.

that entire list of balance changes is good

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So long as the invuln vanishes the moment you move/shoot I think it's fine?
I've never really noticed it before - if you get revived in a bad spot, you die super fast prior to the change, too.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
the issue is when you waste bullets shooting some invulnerable dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've died enough times post revive before i've been able to do anything that I don't think its a massive issue, just annoying sometimes.

The two things I really want them to tackle are stun guns, mostly because they're unfun bullshit. I had a team with two lights who won us the game not by killing whoever went for the steal, but just by dashing into the dome, stungunning them and dashing off. Felt kinda bad for the other teams.