Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Some Guy TT posted:

Joe Biden is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.

Trump builds the wall, puts children in cages and sniffs little girls like this, while Biden builds the wall, puts children in cages, sniffs little girls and commits genocide like that. And that's why you should Vote Blue No Matter Who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

No, it makes sense to withdraw support when you're kicking that junkie out of your house because you're sick of taking responsibility every time they gently caress up or steal from you or break something or aid and abet a genocide. When you're out of patience and kindness thanks to years of abuse and agony, and they can go hit rock bottom somewhere loving else because they are dead to you for what they've done... The junkie in this metaphor is the Democrats, right?

"C'mon man, just four more years just four more you know I'm good for it and then all minority kids can have library cards and we'll even consider fixing the bridges! There'll be grants and tax subsidies for Samoan senior citizens with diabetes! You just gotta give me the time and I'm hungry man, I need those votes!"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I think they are more afraid of the humiliation and further loss of respect than anything else.

They're afraid of the mean tweets.

Some (most) libs honestly believe that Trump will somehow input the cheat code that makes him God Emperor for the next 10,000 years.
The smarter ones just know that if Trump becomes president again and continues tweeting without the dogwhistle filter, they'll have to pretend to care for another four years instead of being able to comfortably ignore everything that doesn't benefit them.

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Biden proposed a trans sports ban while the New Hampshire Dems worked with the Republicans to ban gender affirming care.

Democrats do not care about any minority right, what they do care about is having the approval of the suburban middle class whites. As soon as their disapproval of any minority right hits 51%, the Democrats will, with enthusiasm, work with the Republicans and their lobbyists to take that right away. gotta build those connections after all.

which okay, it’s a culture war thing then. unfortunately our culture can be bought and paid for and every billionaire is now a brain broken alt-righter.

Exactly. To my earlier point; when Biden actively pushes for bigoted legislation, the libs can shrug and make some sort of excuse, like when California vetoed trans protections. They'll dismiss it as not actually a big deal and assure everyone that it's for a greater good. They can get back to their brunch in peace.

When Trump pushes for bigoted legislation, he'll just straight up say "gently caress them trans kids."
And that forces the libs to have to pretend to care.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1748537369228443786

The thing about Joe Biden is that he was a Senator for 30 years and there's plenty of video of him talking over those years. "Grandpa Joe" was always something of a farce because the guy is, just on a personal level, frankly a prick.

And you still see that at times even now when he's a doddering old gently caress

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Defending the Democratic Party by comparing it to methadone

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Does anyone buy this poo poo anymore it's not 2020 anymore

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

spacemang_spliff posted:

Does anyone buy this poo poo anymore it's not 2020 anymore

Libs who think that their personality type is Young Adult novels.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Uncle Wemus posted:

Also who the hell is Adam james

The bassist in Tool.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
What if the deplorables strategy but to our own base this time

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

force the voters

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What if the deplorables strategy but to our own base this time

Well they are a bunch of junkies that just NEED THINGS, amirite?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Voter have decision to make. Do we want health care, clean air and water. Do we want a free society that can call fowl when our leaders put themselves above the law. Right now the economy is improving, gas and food prices are coming down. Vote blue in November and keep America free.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh I’m voting blue: the Bloc Québécois!

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

the_steve posted:

Libs who think that their personality type is Young Adult novels.

That's a lot of people I know goddamn need to change my friend group
If they were still around I mean

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

FuzzySlippers posted:

no, my spoiled kitty knows how much treat he gets. We have an elaborate ritual so he cooperates with his twice a day inhaler (he has asthma). He's actually pretty skinny so he could use the calories. He'll throw a fit if he think he is getting less treats. Who could say no to this face anyway

Want to yank on paw to give a kiss, would it piss him off? I don't care, I'm kind of forward and that's why cats roll their eyes at me

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Every time something negative happens the media puts out that the Russians may have been behind it lol.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Raccooon posted:

Every time something negative happens the media puts out that the Russians may have been behind it lol.

oh who's that in the mirror in front of me, must be russians

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/JeremiahDJohns/status/1748539345684820258

good news everybody

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/OnlyAWorldAway/status/1748143385787912600

quote:

vbnmw owning the tankies by saying that the tankies should've known that biden is a helpless against the supremacy of state rights and republican state officials

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

ramp up the hatred as much as possible maybe people will actually withhold their votes

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

dont the feds say that the hunter biden laptop is real literally every time anyone asks them

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

[HAMILTON & LAURENS]
And I am not throwing away
My shot (my shot)
I am not throwing away
My shot (my shot)
Hey yo, I’m just like my country
I’m young, scrappy and hungry
And I’m not throwing away my shot
And I'm not throwing away my shot

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

This is objectively false. American liberals are absolutely obsessed with Russia, was this person living under a rock since 2016?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Some Guy TT posted:

dont the feds say that the hunter biden laptop is real literally every time anyone asks them

Yeah as far as I can tell everything that Hunter is accused of is actually true and nobody even really can dispute that but everybody has just decided not to talk about it so the only people that are discussing it are fringe conspiracy people so if it is acknowledged at all it's just a reference to how it clearly isn't a big deal because only fringe conspiracy people are talking about it.

Also everybody pretends like he's some twenty something who is still figuring stuff out and not an aging fully grown man that's approaching retirement age.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

VoicesCanBe posted:

This is objectively false. American liberals are absolutely obsessed with Russia, was this person living under a rock since 2016?

polisci professor thinks the US media isn't obsessed with Russia lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Thank God they banned TikTok

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

SixteenShells posted:

that was one of my favorite things about the recent food prices argument. you had some people saying "hey i got meals for three people and paid fifty bucks" and the response was "ummmm a single patty big mac sandwich is only six dollars". i don't think ive ever in real life seen someone get just a single sandwich from a fast food burger joint.

To be fair a single sandwich is easily a full meals worth of calories

IIRC a big Mac is 1000 calories, which the same as my double meat order at chipotle

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

this poll is good therefore stancil is right?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Business Gorillas posted:

IIRC a big Mac is 1000 calories, which the same as my double meat order at chipotle

big mac is 600ish calories the fries put the meal around 1000

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Business Gorillas posted:

Sure, but I still have never seen someone order a solitary sandwich for a meal. It's always the combo, so the combo price is the relevant number.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Scarabrae posted:

big mac is 600ish calories the fries put the meal around 1000

Ahh, I see

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

SixteenShells posted:

Sure, but I still have never seen someone order a solitary sandwich for a meal. It's always the combo, so the combo price is the relevant number.

My comment is more on how awful fast food is for you than the price point

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Who are they even polling that's thinking this?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/OnlyAWorldAway/status/1748143385787912600

vbnmw owning the tankies by saying that the tankies should've known that biden is a helpless against the supremacy of state rights and republican state officials

She had it coming because she dismissed voting

https://twitter.com/howdster/status/1748200807215059011

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
nobody puts voting in the corner

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
only 600 calories? more like mid mac

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://data.sca.isr.umich.edu/fetchdoc.php?docid=74630

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/20/davos-populism-political-extremism-column-00136618

One of those "Oh my god, he admit it" type articles. Nothing especially new there, but I'm both amused at the irony of well heeled elites "not getting" the rise in populism and slightly encouraged that even they're beginning to feel pressure. Probably won't change anything but these fuckers should be running scared.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
you child you fool when there was one set of footprints it was Voting that carried you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:thunk: