Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I already have pretty much everything I wanted, goal now is to keep zoomers from electing trump a 5th time even though they voted once and things aren't perfect yet

It will 100% not be the zoomers fault if trump gets re-elected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Pizza night! Made the dough from scratch.

Top is sausage, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, garlic - basil goes on when it comes out

Bottom is soppressata, mozz, Calabrian peppers

We made the crust from almond flour since we’re doing “Keto”….or at least cutting back carbs anyway

e: fin

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 20, 2024

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Man those pizzas look incredible.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Pizza night! Made the dough from scratch.

Top is sausage, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, garlic - basil goes on when it comes out

Bottom is soppressata, mozz, Calabrian peppers

We made the crust from almond flour since we’re doing “Keto”….or at least cutting back carbs anyway

e: fin

Since we're posting food we made, here's the gumbo I made today, which I already shared pics with my Cajun friends in the NFCS thread.

It turned out great!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

FizFashizzle posted:

Got enough property to build?

The lot is like 5100 sqft, there is space but not a ton. I think one of the best features is the relatively nice backyard, and I would not want to eat into it too much, but it is really the only direction we can go without adding a 2nd story.

Silly Burrito posted:

Add on to your house? I resisted and resisted this idea, and when it was over, it was easily the best option. Cost us around 48k for a new 400sqft bedroom/closet, but that’s really 29k for the room and 19k for redoing all of our carpet in the house as ceramic porcelain wood tile.
It will be way more than that. I was talking to a coworker whose inlaws are contractors and was saying it will easily be hundreds of thousands. I am pretty sure we got quoted more than that to remodel a bathroom. The layout is also kind of wonky, where we would probably need to change the existing space to add on a new room.

Shrimpy posted:

Expansion is the way to go. We turned our 2bd/1ba into a 4bd/2ba in the Bay Area because the cost of just buying the 4/2 in the first place was outrageous.

Just curious, how long ago did you do that and how much did it cost? Our house was originally a 2 bed 1 bath, a previous owner increased it to a 2 bed, 2 bath, 1 office, but the layout has a ton of wasted space because the previous owner was an idiot.

Part of the problem is we will not commit to either moving or remodeling. I think unless we come into a ton of money, if we chose to remodel it means we are never moving, so if we are still looking at other houses it means we cannot remodel because what if we want to buy one. I guess if we wait long enough while accruing money, eventually we could buy a house with a smaller mortage loan amount so the increased interest rate has less impact, but who knows how long that will take.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

The lot is like 5100 sqft, there is space but not a ton. I think one of the best features is the relatively nice backyard, and I would not want to eat into it too much, but it is really the only direction we can go without adding a 2nd story.

It will be way more than that. I was talking to a coworker whose inlaws are contractors and was saying it will easily be hundreds of thousands. I am pretty sure we got quoted more than that to remodel a bathroom. The layout is also kind of wonky, where we would probably need to change the existing space to add on a new room.

Just curious, how long ago did you do that and how much did it cost? Our house was originally a 2 bed 1 bath, a previous owner increased it to a 2 bed, 2 bath, 1 office, but the layout has a ton of wasted space because the previous owner was an idiot.

Part of the problem is we will not commit to either moving or remodeling. I think unless we come into a ton of money, if we chose to remodel it means we are never moving, so if we are still looking at other houses it means we cannot remodel because what if we want to buy one. I guess if we wait long enough while accruing money, eventually we could buy a house with a smaller mortage loan amount so the increased interest rate has less impact, but who knows how long that will take.

What exactly do you want to do? You say you outgrew it, but what exactly are you wanting to do? One of the things that finally got me off my butt was the fact that construction/remodel prices really won't be going down ever. The sooner you decide, the "cheaper" it will be.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

We are very happy in our house but not necessarily our state, but it’s nice that even nearing 200k of household income our mortgage rate and escalating home values basically guarantees we can never move ever lol

Hope we don’t outgrow it!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

wandler20 posted:

Since we're posting food we made, here's the gumbo I made today, which I already shared pics with my Cajun friends in the NFCS thread.

It turned out great!

That's a good looking soup. It's awful orange to be gumbo though....

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm makin a sour dough for the first time this weekend. First time makin' bread other than foccacia. This year I'm gonna become a good baker.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Braksgirl posted:

That's a good looking soup. It's awful orange to be gumbo though....

I think too much tomato but it's good and I've never had authentic gumbo so it passes for North Dakota gumbo.

What makes it gumbo tho, I really don't know.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I'm makin a sour dough for the first time this weekend. First time makin' bread other than foccacia. This year I'm gonna become a good baker.

My sourdough starter is a couple months old now and as soon as I made it I lost all will to try to bake haha. Just this jar of goop eating all my flour

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 20, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

My sourdough starter is a couple months old now and as soon as I made it I lost all will to try to bake haha. Just this jar of goop eating all my flour

I got a decent lazy bread recipe brah, if it comes off I'll post it, I'm putting in about 5 mins of effort tbh.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BlindSite posted:

My ex-wife had an excellent no-knead bread recipe, I might still have it in my Google Drive, if you're interested in it.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Got some Mexican coconut ice cream bars so I can have one while I watch Drag Race, which is nice since work was exhausting.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Timby posted:

My ex-wife had an excellent no-knead bread recipe, I might still have it in my Google Drive, if you're interested in it.

I'd very much appreciate it mate, love to try a new recipe. Be happy to post a pic when I try it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Silly Burrito posted:

What exactly do you want to do? You say you outgrew it, but what exactly are you wanting to do? One of the things that finally got me off my butt was the fact that construction/remodel prices really won't be going down ever. The sooner you decide, the "cheaper" it will be.

The minimum is one additional bedroom, with the goal being the kids would have separate bedrooms as they get older. The house does have a lot of poor decisions from the previous owner (it is about 1500 sqft but feels like 1200 since there is so much wasted space, not sure why they thought it needed hallways 6 feet wide), so I guess as a stretch goal beyond the bedroom would be trying to fix as much jank as possible in areas that get torn up. The only space to add on in the backyard requires going through existing rooms, and it would be weird to have a bedroom off of a bedroom so they will probably need to change them as well.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
A house is a pipe dream right now unless my girlfriend or I get lucky and inherit one since Seattle area housing prices are stupid and I hate them.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

The minimum is one additional bedroom, with the goal being the kids would have separate bedrooms as they get older. The house does have a lot of poor decisions from the previous owner (it is about 1500 sqft but feels like 1200 since there is so much wasted space, not sure why they thought it needed hallways 6 feet wide), so I guess as a stretch goal beyond the bedroom would be trying to fix as much jank as possible in areas that get torn up. The only space to add on in the backyard requires going through existing rooms, and it would be weird to have a bedroom off of a bedroom so they will probably need to change them as well.

Gotcha, and that's exactly what we ended up adding too. We planned for a house for 4, ended up with 5, and wanted to give the oldest her own room.

You might just want to have a contractor come in and give an estimate and solicit ideas. We had a sort of similar situation where the house had a jack and jill bathroom at one end of the house, and we ended up moving half of the bathroom when we added the bedroom/closet, which was the contractor's idea. Without seeing a house plan of yours, obviously I can't really give you any suggestions, but if you get a good contractor, they've seen and fixed some stranger poo poo, I'd bet.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Timby posted:

I’d be down too, I made a few no knead sourdoughs with starter packets that came out “ok”. Haven’t tried it with a living starter tho for reasons….mostly I’m lazy

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Think I got discouraged with baking in general is cause I always wanna do it in the winter when house averages 60-65 degrees and being at a high altitude fucks with everything, rising times wise. Every recipes cook time gets an additional 25%, Maillard reaction is super hard, stuff wants to steam/boil instead of brown. Like getting toast to brown I have to over cook it to the point it’s so dry might as well be a crouton.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a sexual elk posted:

I’d be down too, I made a few no knead sourdoughs with starter packets that came out “ok”. Haven’t tried it with a living starter tho for reasons….mostly I’m lazy

Back at the beginning of the pandemic when we were all shut in and everyone was doing sourdough I got a good starter going. Made waffles with the daily runoff you're supposed to cut off as I understand things (the waffles were great).

Never ended up making any bread though. I should...try again. But :effort: and I'm bad at baking. I can cook a whole lot of stuff just fine, but good bread so far in my life has been beyond me.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Back at the beginning of the pandemic when we were all shut in and everyone was doing sourdough I got a good starter going. Made waffles with the daily runoff you're supposed to cut off as I understand things (the waffles were great).

Never ended up making any bread though. I should...try again. But :effort: and I'm bad at baking. I can cook a whole lot of stuff just fine, but good bread so far in my life has been beyond me.

Yarp, weird cause you’d think baking is straight forward science/measuring and it is still witchcraft, and I “Im just gonna wing it” with a lot of random poo poo that comes out pretty good

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Random topic but I’m buzzed. Few months ago decided to grow my hair out after about a decade of high fades and just using clippers (#2) during the lockdown…the clippers finally breaking helped make the decision for me.

https://imgur.com/a/kqthMyX

Was pretty normal for like 15 years

Forgot my poo poo gets curly

https://imgur.com/a/k7AcE0p

E: side note I haven’t washed my hair with shampoo/conditioner in prolly a decade. Every time I did even with like Head and Shoulders I’d get bad dandruff. Occasional soap every now and then. This bush is all natural

Other weird poo poo I do regarding hair, I never towel it off nowadays. It was so short for so long I’d just run the towel over my head like I would my arm or whatever. Now I don’t do it cause then I got a wet rear end towel, I just shake my head like a dog in the shower till nothings dripping down and it’s good to go

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 20, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My beard has more greys than it used to and I'm only 34.

Hair does weird stuff.

First time this year I found a random hair in ear. And I've had to trim my inside nose hairs.

Like what the gently caress. You've been dormant for 33 years. The gently caress you come from motherfuckers?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I keep a tight beard and shave my upper lip just cause I hate when a mustache hair starts tickling a old man nose hair

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 20, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Hair does weird stuff.

First time this year I found a random hair in ear. And I've had to trim my inside nose hairs.

Like what the gently caress. You've been dormant for 33 years. The gently caress you come from motherfuckers?

I wish I had gone gray at 20, pull the ole Steve Martin/ Leslie Nielsen

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jan 20, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

out of curiosity how much does 130 dollarydoos for 50ml of 30mg thc oil compare to the going rate for a tincture.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

out of curiosity how much does 130 dollarydoos for 50ml of 30mg thc oil compare to the going rate for a tincture.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh I give my wife $200 and she comes back with 4 carts

Plus I’m sure half that wasn’t English

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 20, 2024

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Hair does weird stuff.

My head is still all brown but my beard is grey as hell, well not totally but enough to notice. I'm not going to go Ryan Day or anything but if I cared enough I might try a slight Just for Men dye job if I cared enough to.

I probably do not care enough to, but it's a thing I have considered as a possibility.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

My head is still all brown but my beard is grey as hell, well not totally but enough to notice. I'm not going to go Ryan Day or anything but if I cared enough I might try a slight Just for Men dye job if I cared enough to.

I probably do not care enough to, but it's a thing I have considered as a possibility.

I just have a few strays but when it comes to dye jobs I just remember that I've never heard a woman or a dude go "ugh weird that guy has a few grays"

But I've heard everyone go "ooooof look at that dye job"

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Yeah, sorry, all I can say is I buy a $12 pack of edibles, those are 10 servings of 10 mg THC, make that math convert as you will. Not enough to send me to the moon by any stretch, but I’m a lightweight and they knock my butt out at night, no complaints

Edit: I’m 38 and started finding random stray greys, but they’re few and far between and regardless I’m not precious about it, let them come. Meanwhile my brother has completely avoided grey hair and his metabolism never slowed from being a drat teenager, but years of working outside year round has him looking more like a glove while my gloomy PacNW aversion to sun will keep my skin pasty and smooth as god intended for years to come, genes giveth and genes taketh away

Thaddius the Large fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jan 20, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thats cool. Apparently medical is way more expensive than street prices for flower here.

So I imagine with there being such small supply options i get similarly gouged for my tincture script.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Oi all you goons who have to much cash to deal with I’ll give you my Venmo haha, I’m straight up outtta weed

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I just have a few strays but when it comes to dye jobs I just remember that I've never heard a woman or a dude go "ugh weird that guy has a few grays"

But I've heard everyone go "ooooof look at that dye job"

No don’t, no one cares and if they do theyre weirdos

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nah i cbf'd to dye poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a sexual elk posted:

No don’t, no one cares and if they do theyre weirdos

But maybe I want a gloriously sombre red beard that I'd never have normally!

Yeah it's not really a realistic thing, just a thought I have had. It's a thing I'll never do, but I know people do it. I'm cool with the grey and it's not too bad yet.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Pain of Mind posted:

We did the construction in June through December(?) 2018. In the end, it was somewhere between 350k and 400k. My house was a split level with two bedrooms upstairs and then a lower floor that only had 6ft ceilings. To add the additional bedrooms and bathroom we actually dug down and turned it into a full height bottom floor. The other positive to going down, rather than up/out was we wound up with a completely new foundation which needed to be done anyway. We also worked with a full design + build firm which made the process easy, but not cheap.

The thing I'm most proud of is that the house is in a relatively historic neighborhood and we made all these changes without changing the look of the house from the street. The house next door is a mirrored layout, but there's no indication that my house is 25% bigger from the outside.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I forget how loving rich some of the people here are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Air Skwirl posted:

I forget how loving rich some of the people here are.