Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

pretending they're not just gawking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

cool kids inc. posted:

Trying to look busy outside while being nosy and failing spectacularly at it, I'd wager

its this

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've never heard that turn of phrase, but I like it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I pulled up a lovely outfit creator, and my vision is realized

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

:hellyeah:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

rofl

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Space Kablooey posted:

the aura of the devil she will shoo away: fat people

Also tall people. I'm 198cm and I don't I've weighed less than 200lbs ever as an adult.

That said, I'd rather wear camouflage than *waves hand vaguely at weird costume description*

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

These looks are worth the grand tbf.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Deformed Church posted:

Was this wedding in the winter? Because I can think of few things less comfortable than wearing a sweater or puffy jacket to a beach in Hawaii in summer.

wheatpuppy fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 20, 2024

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

The verdict is in!

I say name the 1%ers. I don't care if it's "not technically feasible" or if it "breaches privacy", these people must be forced to defend their answer.

Something like 4% of general public survey respondents will reliably answer whatever they think is the opposite of what most people will say, or deliberately pick the dumbest response, just for fun. It's a well studied and repeatable effect. So within this margin of error we can say that literally 100% of people agree that Alice's family is loving nuts

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DreamingofRoses posted:

Why is OP being sexually harassing and the other adult with her underwear constantly out around OP even though she said it makes her uncomfortable is not?

Having a small part of your undergarments exposed on a non-sexual part of your body is not harassing anyone. Would you call it harassment if the exchange student had her bra straps visible? It's essentially the same thing. Look away if it bothers you.

Bothering someone else about the way they wear their undergarments and trying to make them change it is certainly harassment.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

Having a small part of your undergarments exposed on a non-sexual part of your body is not harassing anyone. Would you call it harassment if the exchange student had her bra straps visible? It's essentially the same thing. Look away if it bothers you.

Bothering someone else about the way they wear their undergarments and trying to make them change it is certainly harassment.

So wait, your position here is that the exchange student being sexually harassed when the host mom gently asked her to keep her underwear in her pants?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Coca Koala posted:

So wait, your position here is that the exchange student being sexually harassed when the host mom gently asked her to keep her underwear in her pants?

The host mom noticing the underwear at all is harassment

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
AITA for talking to my soon to be ex-SIL?

quote:

My brother & his wife are in the process of getting divorced (she left him). Me, my husband and our two kids have always been close to my brother & his wife. My SIL initially put some distance between herself & our family. After a little while we started talking occasionally, mainly just how each other & our kids were doing etc.

That’s when I found out that my brother was tracking all of her phone calls via logging into their cell phone account which was in his name. He called me & something seemed off about my brother, he was being short & just kept asking so what did you do today, what else happened? Finally I said oh and SIL called me today. He then proceeded to tell me in a very mean tone “you’re lucky you mentioned it to me or you would be on the list”. For clarification “the list” is his list of people who he feels have betrayed him & who he no longer talks to. I tried to diffuse the situation & kind of laugh it off. My brother said I’m not f**king kidding, I don’t want you talking to her anymore. I told him he that he was being unreasonable & ended the phone call.

A few days later I was unexpectedly diagnosed with a brain tumor. I was told I needed to have brain surgery. I asked my husband to be the one to tell our family as I couldn’t handle it. He started making the phone calls & one of those calls was to my soon to be ex-SIL. The next day my brother called me irate & wanted to know why my husband had called her. I told him that the call was to tell her about my brain tumor & upcoming surgery. My brother then said “it doesn’t take 26 minutes to tell someone you have a brain tumor”. My brother then told me that I am dead to him. He blocked my # & blocked me from all social media.

Since then I have had my surgery & am doing well. He never reached out before or after the surgery. My daughter (14) texted him on his birthday to wish him a happy birthday, he never responded to her. This hurt my daughter. It hurts me that he is taking it out on my kids. My dad keeps telling me that my brother is going through a lot right now and “ he will get over it soon”. I told my dad it’s not about my brother getting over it since I did nothing wrong. I feel my brother is in the wrong for the way he is treating me and my kids during a very hard time in my life.

AITA

**Edit: I did tell my SIL that he was tracking her calls. She now has a new phone number and her own cell phone plan.**

(paragraphs added by me)

Gosh, I wonder why she's leaving him?

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Sounds like he might have a brain tumor also with that insane behavior

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Lemniscate Blue posted:

“you’re lucky you mentioned it to me or you would be on the list”

Her brother is Chris Jericho?!

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

:five:
This is beautiful.

Ok so I’m trying to piece together is these were the outfits the bride and groom were wearing when they met in Italy? At the…uh, let me check:

quote:

The soda hats represent our wishes for an abundance of life saving liquid. You get the picture. We met at a psychic's desensitization chamber over 12 years ago in Italy, as you all know.

???

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Truly, a mystery worthy of Holmes himself.
Run far, lady, and never look back.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

quantumwell posted:

Sounds like he might have a brain tumor also with that insane behavior

Honestly I wondered if the OP was hallucinating the weird behavior due to the tumor. But presumably the blocking is real (assuming the BIL exists at all).

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Quackles posted:

AITA for bot choosing a vegan restaurant for my birthday, even though SIL won’t be able to attend?

People who are this dogmatic and judgemental and feel entitled to dictate what others should eat can all go loving die in a volcano. Next year, go to a steakhouse and tell her to go kick rocks.

Biplane posted:

God drat I hate the decorum-poisoned morons who are always bleating about compromises!! You have to compromise!!!!! What possible compromise could be found here other than capitulating entirely? loving poo poo I hate it so much.

Not to mention the "oOoooOOOwweeOOwweeoooo can't you find a way to meet them halfway with your allergies?" Maybe the fuckhead duo and the rest of the dipshit gang can perhaps find a way to gently caress off and die.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

(paragraphs added by me)

Hope she gathers evidence about his behaviour, including him cyberstalking her. I'm sure it would go over well in court. People like OP's dickfuck brother just astound me for their complete lack of self-awareness. I don't even want to imagine what being married to that fuckwit must've been like.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

edogawa rando posted:

oOoooOOOwweeOOwweeoooo

This is the last thing I’m going to hear before I die

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
"Walk Like An Egyptian" or "Tarzan Boy?"

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrGt4KskgBU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sometimes I read posts to see if reddit will gobble the bait and gently caress it all up and yeah, thank you "AITAH for telling my wife that she has to work too if she wants me to take care of our baby"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Coca Koala posted:

it's regular harassment if you bother someone about how they're wearing their underwear. ("gently" is your insertion).

it's sexual harassment when the lady starts pulling her own thong up expressly so she can comment on it and talk to the teenager about her own underwear and how she should be wearing it.

what makes the difference between harassment and not is: are you just minding your own business doing something that someone else is bothered by, or are you forcing someone else to engage with you when they don't want to?

for further clarification please see my avatar.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Remember that one weird post about the pomegranate theory on TikTok? Well:

My bf [31M] has been ranting about orange peel theory for days, I [25F] am getting uncomfortable and want him to stop

The actual post isn't that interesting, but let's get to the real question:

quote:

wtf is this orange peel poo poo? I’m so confused

quote:

I had to look it up. It's a bullshit test where you hand your partner an orange, and if they "peel it without being asked" (as opposed to going... "why did you just hand me an orange?!"), then they're "a keeper." Because they want to do things for you without being asked, like peeling oranges.

what is with all the fruit relationship tests

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I only believe in the banana test:

can they put a whole banana in their mouth all at once?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

that's marriage material 🍌

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I think I'd ask for more oranges and juice them

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 20, 2024

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Popcorn test: pop all the corn.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The grapefruit test is also acceptable

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

My bf [31M] has been ranting about orange peel theory for days, I [25F] am getting uncomfortable and want him to stop

The actual post isn't that interesting, but let's get to the real question:

what is with all the fruit relationship tests

It's dumber than that, the boyfriend is complaining about the orange peel theory/test, but the OP has never done it or even thought about it and has no idea why he keeps bringing it up.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I would think this forum of all places would appreciate that the defense of a man's puckins can be a very sore subject

You never forget your first forum's shooter.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

PokeJoe posted:

I only believe in the banana test:

can they put a whole banana in their mouth all at once?

I could probably pass this but not in a sexy way.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You should specify intact.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Deformed Church posted:

The men's shoes are $1400 Balenciagas, so they more than meet the minimum requirement.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Elissimpark posted:

I could probably pass this but not in a sexy way.

Matter of opinion

The Lone Badger posted:

You should specify intact.

Matter of opinion

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I would probably say thanks for the orange and eat it myself. Uh oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Get yourself someone who bites into the orange, skin and all, without breaking eye contact