Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Regarding the 31% of Republicans who don't think Trump would be fit for office if convicted, I'll loving believe it when I see it.

No doubt. And 31% is still way too low but, like you said, it won't matter because if he's convicted it'll be because the judge was biased and unfair or key evidence wasn't allowed or a jury had a democrat on it or it was in NYC/DC or what about Hunter Biden or...

"Poor Donald Trump was railroaded" basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Got home to New Hampshire tonight after being away for 2 weeks. I received a handful of political mail

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Betting the China one's from Haley, she seems obsessed with that country for some reason

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Phlegmish posted:

Betting the China one's from Haley, she seems obsessed with that country for some reason

It's Desantis actually.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

daslog posted:

Got home to New Hampshire tonight after being away for 2 weeks. I received a handful of political mail

who the gently caress is doing their targetting?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

daslog posted:

It's Desantis actually.

Well don't leave everyone hanging, is he pro-surrender or pro-strength?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

BiggerBoat posted:

No doubt. And 31% is still way too low but, like you said, it won't matter because if he's convicted it'll be because the judge was biased and unfair or key evidence wasn't allowed or a jury had a democrat on it or it was in NYC/DC or what about Hunter Biden or...

"Poor Donald Trump was railroaded" basically

The thing is elections are close and if 31% of Trump voters didn't vote for him he'd be losing states like Mississippi. Most of that 31% are lying, but not many have to be telling the truth for it to matter.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

James Garfield posted:

The thing is elections are close and if 31% of Trump voters didn't vote for him he'd be losing states like Mississippi. Most of that 31% are lying, but not many have to be telling the truth for it to matter.

Yeah this.

Much of that 31% is probably lying or will change their minds and vote for him anyways but if even a quarter of them are telling the truth and don't show up to vote then Trump will lose if voting patterns stay about the same as they did in 2020.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Well don't leave everyone hanging, is he pro-surrender or pro-strength?

He went to great lengths to explain it. This one opens up like a book.

Page 1 - Commies!

Page 2 - Nikki is a surrenderer. Ron Strong

Page 3 - Ron is so dreamy

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

“Real hard power”???

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ah, so he's...opposed to surrendering, and in favor of strength? :hmmyes:

Want to see the Haley pamphlet where she explains that, actually, DeSantis is the one who's weak on China

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
''as your president, we're..."

I'm just flabbergasted he's adopted the royal we before he even got his party's nomination.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Here is a picture of the rest of the mailers. I put the address side down, but if there are a couple that you really want to see let me know.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

What’s the one in the bottom middle about abortion?

Also who is sending Biden mailers when he’s not even on the NH ballot?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

smackfu posted:

A few democrats are campaigning up there to get some press, so basically make sure the margin is so large the media won't report on it.

edit: also to weed out bad addresses and get volunteers for the election later on.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Huh? Why is he not on the ballot?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

The Democrats told New Hampshire they will no longer recognize them as the first in the nation primary.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Mooseontheloose posted:

The Democrats told New Hampshire they will no longer recognize them as the first in the nation primary.

The second part of this is that Biden chose not to be on the ballot since we're just going to ignore NH anyway

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The gently caress lol, I wouldn't vote for him either if I were in NH, but I guess no one's running against him

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme

Phlegmish posted:

The gently caress lol, I wouldn't vote for him either if I were in NH, but I guess no one's running against him

Nope, Dean Phillips and Marianne Williamson are. So there have been mailers to write in Biden so none of the clowns get any positive feedback.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

smackfu posted:

What’s the one in the bottom middle about abortion?

The other side is blank. Paid for by Granite for America.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Phlegmish posted:

The DNC has stripped NH of all of its delegates and has threatened politicians with sanctions if they campaign in the state. This is all because the democrats wanted to switch who gets the first in the nation primary, which will be South Carolina. NH has it in their state constitution that they must be first, so they refused to change it despite what the DNC is doing.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

“On Friday, longtime New Hampshire Democratic operative Kathy Sullivan confirmed to POLITICO that she is helping launch a super PAC to encourage voters to write in Biden in the primary.

Sullivan, former chair of the New Hampshire Democratic Party, said the PAC is beginning to fundraise. The organization, Granite for America, has also filed with the Federal Election Commission.”

Huh.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme

Mooseontheloose posted:

who the gently caress is doing their targetting?
On the subject of Haley's targeting, or lack thereof, I got this text yesterday.

I have a consistent record of voting in Democratic primaries here... why the gently caress do they think Judge Judy is going to get out my vote for Nikki Haley? This is after a run of messages about several events with Governor "Spineless loving Weasel" Sununu. They're bad at their job.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
As a Massachusetts resident I've also been getting pinged with Haley texts even though I've never lived in NH, and never voted Republican ever besides that.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Timmy Age 6 posted:

On the subject of Haley's targeting, or lack thereof, I got this text yesterday.

I have a consistent record of voting in Democratic primaries here... why the gently caress do they think Judge Judy is going to get out my vote for Nikki Haley? This is after a run of messages about several events with Governor "Spineless loving Weasel" Sununu. They're bad at their job.

I wonder if the Haley people are banking on some unenrolleds to vote Haley. That would be my guess. It never works but hey, maybe this time.

Also, gently caress the Sununu's forever and ever and I say this from deep in my Masshole heart.

Angry_Ed posted:

As a Massachusetts resident I've also been getting pinged with Haley texts even though I've never lived in NH, and never voted Republican ever besides that.

I bet you have a 978 area code.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

daslog posted:

Here is a picture of the rest of the mailers. I put the address side down, but if there are a couple that you really want to see let me know.

poo poo like that is why i am glad i Live in PA, we just get General election poo poo.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mooseontheloose posted:

I wonder if the Haley people are banking on some unenrolleds to vote Haley. That would be my guess. It never works but hey, maybe this time.

Also, gently caress the Sununu's forever and ever and I say this from deep in my Masshole heart.

I bet you have a 978 area code.

I mean, poo poo, I'm genuinely tempted to cross vote for her against Trump in the SC open primary.

And I hate Haley. Like, there are restaurants I never go to any more because I saw her there once and it put me off the whole place forever.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

From my 30 seconds of research, it looks like NH lets undeclared voters vote in primaries but once you vote in one you are enrolled in that party unless you opt out right then. And the deadline to switch affiliation was Oct 6 which is kind of bonkers.

So yes, sending texts to registered Democrats is quite dumb.

https://www.sos.nh.gov/elections/frequently-asked-questions/voting-party-primaries

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I’ve had my cell phone since like 2008 and I’m still getting inundated with texts for someone that isn’t me 🙄

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Nikki is definitely hoping people who will vote Biden in the general will help her in NH.
I'm registered Dem and my 617 (Boston) phone gets daily messages from her

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bird in a Blender posted:

The DNC has stripped NH of all of its delegates and has threatened politicians with sanctions if they campaign in the state. This is all because the democrats wanted to switch who gets the first in the nation primary, which will be South Carolina. NH has it in their state constitution that they must be first, so they refused to change it despite what the DNC is doing.

Bad look for them but I guess it makes sense to care more about South Carolina than tiny New Hampshire, and the latter might still vote Democratic anyway

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

It seems… strange to me for the Biden campaign to not get on the ballot in NH (understandable given the situation with change in rules making SC first and NH defying those rules) but then try to rely on a write in campaign to make sure they win.

It will look even worse if they somehow do not win.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I mean, poo poo, I'm genuinely tempted to cross vote for her against Trump in the SC open primary.

Someone tell that to whomever handles her mailers. "A VOTE FOR TRUMP IS A VOTE FOR BIDEN" ah well, no need to even try and bump Haley's numbers then, is there?

Unless it's reverse psychology... :tinfoil:

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Zwabu posted:

It seems… strange to me for the Biden campaign to not get on the ballot in NH (understandable given the situation with change in rules making SC first and NH defying those rules) but then try to rely on a write in campaign to make sure they win.

It will look even worse if they somehow do not win.

I mean, Biden's campaign isn't doing that though, someone just posted the article about who runs the PAC.

I can see why Biden fans might be eager to prevent anyone else from even trying to claim the state, but Biden refusing to get on the ballot is important because the DNC needs to draw a hard line so that no one tries any funny business at the next truly contested primary.

Things along this line have happened most presidential years that I can remember, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Caros
May 14, 2008

So apparently Desantis last minute cancelled a bunch of his time on the Sunday shows?

Things aren't looking great for ol Ronny d.

https://twitter.com/jeffstorobinsky/status/1748884288395710949?t=94VLprpdTMQVIszXcf2TwQ&s=19

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Wonder what he'd do if he dropped out. Endorsing Trump would be incredibly humiliating at this point, but he's just spent half a year calling Haley a treasonous China-loving bitch, so that'd be a hard sell too.

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

Phlegmish posted:

Wonder what he'd do if he dropped out. Endorsing Trump would be incredibly humiliating at this point, but he's just spent half a year calling Haley a treasonous China-loving bitch, so that'd be a hard sell too.

run for governor of Florida again and challenge the term limit in court probably

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Iamgoofball posted:

run for governor of Florida again and challenge the term limit in court probably

woke term limits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/21/politics/new-hampshire-primary-poll-trump-haley-desantis/index.html

Trump went up from 39 to 50%
Haley went up from 32 to 39%
DeSantis is down to 6% :laffo:

It's over if this is accurate for Tuesday.