Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

The Independent posted:

Volodymyr Zelensky has invited Donald Trump to visit Kyiv, following his assertion that the former US president could stop the Russia-Ukraine war within 24 hours if re-elected.
The Ukrainian president made the comments during an interview with Channel 4 News which aired on Friday night (19 January).

“Please, Donald Trump, I invite you to Ukraine, to Kyiv. So, if you can stop the war during 24 hours I think it will be enough to come,” he said.

“Maybe Donald Trump has a real idea and he can share it with me.”

Yeah, I reckon you won’t be too keen on the “immediately surrender to Russia” plan, even though it would technically work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol remember yesterday when he said Nikki Haley 4 or 5 times instead of Nancy Pelosi?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Stoatbringer posted:

Yeah, I reckon you won’t be too keen on the “immediately surrender to Russia” plan, even though it would technically work.

Trump will produce a cashed check he got from Putin as evidence that Putin is corrupt and then he'd tell Zelenskyy to use it against Putin in his campaign

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BURGER, BURGER, BURGER!!!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

REPORT:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Coolguye posted:

jesus, doomerflood started early this weekend

The Georgia case is hosed. Delayed at the minimum

Don't start saying people are doomering for saying this.

Trump caught a break the loving rear end in a top hat

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

BERDERS! BERDERS! BERDERS!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol the Georgia case was never going to be before the election

an election Trump is going to lose anyway. guy is loving gone, mind is mush

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

bor … der?

lol those posts are a minute apart

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

BURGER, BURGER, BURGER!!!

https://youtu.be/Hyph_DZa_GQ?si=yLKOwbSA13_l3vJB

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

people should probably panic more and not do something they actually have control over like registering to vote.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

they only got "border border border" as an attack point, economy is doing well and gas is going down

Haley is weak because of her management of South Carolina, a border state

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spinz posted:

The US justice system is so slow and slanted towards people like Trump anyway that he was never going to see a criminal trial before the election anyway and will probably die of natural causes before ever finally being obliged to set foot in a jail cell if convicted. So yeah the only realistic way to stop Trumps remains what it sadly always was: get the gently caress out and vote against him in an election and pray he actually loses in November because it's still a literal 50.1% either way coin flip. That's not doomering, that's what's literally going to happen over thr next 10 months.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdNEuFJ-s8Y

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

kazil posted:

they only got "border border border" as an attack point, economy is doing well and gas is going down

I see typos. he meant to say:

SHE IS WEAK ON THE BERDER, I AM THE STRONGEST BERDER PRESIDENT, EVER

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It’s not doomer to say Fani Willis hosed the case up to the point where the best case scenario is the trial picks up in, like, two years.

When you’re charging a former president with RICO, you should know better than to gently caress around. I’m not a lawyer. Most of the people ITT are not lawyers. She’s a freaking District Attorney. Why do we know this and she doesn’t?!

Spinz posted:

that is not the best case scenario at all, and it is not at all a foregone conclusion that the case is hosed or delayed.

even in the case that the allegations prove completely true and willis is dirty (wouldn't surprise me), there's a critical unanswered question there: the gently caress does this have to do with the case at hand?

habba has broken every rule known to lawyerkind and is still up there arguing unrelated cases like nothing's happened while the wheels of justice move slowly. why is it such a foregone conclusion that everything willis has touched is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED because she's loving a co-worker? what does it have to do with trump, directly? what does it have to do with the charges? the reasoning for removing someone from a case has to go to the case itself or it's just an internal disciplinary problem. if i've missed something that's fine, tell me that and i will apologize, but i will absolutely call out dumb doomerbrains for assuming that justice is swift and sure when it favors trump, but slow and ponderous when it works against him. that's loving ridiculous.

great username
Dec 28, 2023

kazil posted:

WHO RUNS BORDER TOWN

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

kazil posted:

This should absolutely be read like it's the Iron Sheik. I am great border president of the world!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Trump’s favorite black metal band is Dimmu Burger

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
do you guys think the

"Well, I'd like to see ol Donny Trump wriggle his way out of THIS jam!
*Trump wriggles his way out of the jam easily*
Ah! Well. Nevertheless,"

quote would work better as a giant chest/back piece or tattooed on the insides of my eyelids

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lifespan posted:

This should absolutely be read like it's the Iron Sheik. I am great border president of the world!

EVERY JABRONI KNOW THE IRON SHEIK STONGEST BORDER PRESIDENT EVER! HULK HOGAN, HE IS WEAK ON THE BORDER. I BEAT HIM ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It would probably be a way more racist one. Which isn't difficult to find.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Doug Burzum.

Rotting Christie.

great username
Dec 28, 2023

Sexpeste Noire

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

kazil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSpBlk7J4rk&t=20s

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

that is not the best case scenario at all, and it is not at all a foregone conclusion that the case is hosed or delayed.

even in the case that the allegations prove completely true and willis is dirty (wouldn't surprise me), there's a critical unanswered question there: the gently caress does this have to do with the case at hand?

habba has broken every rule known to lawyerkind and is still up there arguing unrelated cases like nothing's happened while the wheels of justice move slowly. why is it such a foregone conclusion that everything willis has touched is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED because she's loving a co-worker? what does it have to do with trump, directly? what does it have to do with the charges? the reasoning for removing someone from a case has to go to the case itself or it's just an internal disciplinary problem. if i've missed something that's fine, tell me that and i will apologize, but i will absolutely call out dumb doomerbrains for assuming that justice is swift and sure when it favors trump, but slow and ponderous when it works against him. that's loving ridiculous.
What it has to do with the case at hand is that Willis and her fuckbuddy are the prosecution team on this very case. If they are removed from the case for the corruption (which isn't guaranteed I suppose, but a possibility), they'd have to be replaced. Which will cause delays and may result in some chuds taking over. The case isn't dooooooooooomed but it's a huge risk and an unforced fuckup.

It doesn't mean that Trump is suddenly not guilty. But if the prosecution fucks up their case, even a super-guilty rear end in a top hat can walk free. See also: OJ.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

E: I’m dumb

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Radical idea here, but how's about we wait for an actual ruling or motion or whatever to come down from whoever it needs to come down from, before we decide that Trump is getting off scot free in the GA RICO case? Just a thought.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

They’d be on thin ice if it was just an affair, but when the DA contracts out work to an independent law firm, and then receives a financial benefit from someone at that law firm, that’s what’s known as a “kickback,” and it’s old school public corruption poo poo.

For all we know, they aren’t even loving, they’re just pals and the guy who bills the taxpayers for $250/hr (for half a million dollars and counting) giving her the gift of $1400 worth of plane tickets to San Francisco and Miami is not okay and probably breaks some kind of law.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
*looks at 401k*
*looks at bank account*
*looks at food prices*
*looks at basic infrastructure funding failures*
*looks at healthcare costs and availability*
*looks at gun violence*

yeah man the real pressing issue I'm worried about is all those dang immigrants. better focus on BORDER.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

They’d be on thin ice if it was just an affair, but when the DA contracts out work to an independent law firm, and then receives a financial benefit from someone at that law firm, that’s what’s known as a “kickback,” and it’s old school public corruption poo poo.

For all we know, they aren’t even loving, they’re just pals and the guy who bills the taxpayers for $250/hr (for half a million dollars and counting) giving her the gift of $1400 worth of plane tickets to San Francisco and Miami is not okay and probably breaks some kind of law.

I mean, I don't disagree with this, as others have said it's very likely some sort of breach of ethics at the very least. It's just that some people seem quick to jump from that to "Trump is definitely gonna walk" without even a ruling being handed down by the appropriate person or governmental body that handles these things.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Chuds think that it's immigrants making healthcare expensive instead of our for-profit Insurance-backed bullshit system

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Oops the mri machine broke, it's full of tamales again

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Whatever the effect on the case, just imagine throwing away your entire career for 2 plane tickets.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

big nipples big life posted:

Whatever the effect on the case, just imagine throwing away your entire career for 2 plane tickets.

Imagine possibly going to jail for 2 plane tickets. :doh:

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Imagine having to go to San Francisco

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

QuarkJets posted:

Chuds think that it's immigrants making healthcare expensive instead of our for-profit Insurance-backed bullshit system

Chuds sitting at a restaurant complaining about illegal immigrants, eating food grown, picked, processed and cooked by illegal immigrants, on plates and silverware washed by illegal immigrants, giving an extra tip to the hard working job creating restaurant owner who is hiring illegal immigrants and stealing their pay.

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Radical idea here, but how's about we wait for an actual ruling or motion or whatever to come down from whoever it needs to come down from, before we decide that Trump is getting off scot free in the GA RICO case? Just a thought.

Arzying out about bad news is a decades old forum tradition, and it's frankly kind of hosed up of you to try and bring logic and reason into this.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kazil posted:

Gas keeps doing this where I am

Creeps down to $2.95, then ~something happens~ and it INSTANTLY leaps up to 3.10 or 3.20 overnight. Then sllooooooooowwwwly creeps back down again to 2.95, then ~something happens~

Wonder where it would be if ~something~ didn't keep happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005