Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paperface
Apr 20, 2005

My name's paperface, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Gambrinus posted:

Marauder metal giant is coming back! I always wanted one of those, but not enough to pay eBay prices.

I was glad to see that too! Very much hoping that ToW will see the arse fall out of the second hand market for WHFB stuff, but I'm a bit paranoid GW'll just try and charge eBay prices when stuff emerges on MTO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Robviously posted:

Orcs and Goblin battalion on the way.

The article also seems to talk a little about the Made to Order stuff though I'm not sure exactly how much of it is new. Looks like we'll get some MtO metals? Kinda neat!

Wasn't the Troll hag a forge world model? Interesting to see that be one of the returning models.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

AnEdgelord posted:

Wasn't the Troll hag a forge world model? Interesting to see that be one of the returning models.

Yeah, I've seen it in person several times.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

The orc warboss/bsb were too, I’ve had them sitting somewhere unpainted for a decade+

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

For everyone still wondering how big the army boxes are.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I'm hearing whispers in the warp that the legacy faction army lists are not gonna be released until february, if true it loving sucks because I wanted to see my lizzies list.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

AnEdgelord posted:

Yup and so were the two special command group sets that they'll also relaunch.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Got my Epubs I am so glad to have proper access.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

Robviously posted:

Orcs and Goblin battalion on the way.

The article also seems to talk a little about the Made to Order stuff though I'm not sure exactly how much of it is new. Looks like we'll get some MtO metals? Kinda neat!

That's a huge range of minis being re-released, Greenskins have tons of stuff. I didn't play fantasy back in the day, is there much missing from the re-releases?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

fallingdownjoe posted:

Called my local Warhammer shop in the UK yesterday to confirm that boxes were in to avoid a wasted journey, and got told “yep, they’re in”. That was not in fact true: none of their preorders were in, but they did have copies to sell separately. I only learned this after arriving at the shop.

I don't think any of the pre orders made it tbh. My store didn't get theirs either

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

That's a huge range of minis being re-released, Greenskins have tons of stuff. I didn't play fantasy back in the day, is there much missing from the re-releases?

Goblin spider riders are about the only thing I see, plus character gigantic spiders but I can't remember if they had any official models for any of the time I was playing. Fanatics aren't mentioned specifically, but they might just be in the night goblins now.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

ro5s posted:

Goblin spider riders are about the only thing I see, plus character gigantic spiders but I can't remember if they had any official models for any of the time I was playing. Fanatics aren't mentioned specifically, but they might just be in the night goblins now.

Both Arachnorok Spider and Spider-rider gobbos are available on GWs website on round bases, so I assume they're in Age of Sigmar.

edit: Seems like there's box of 5 fanatics for AoS as well.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 20, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://twitter.com/TGrudges/status/1748743491331473808

Looks like Old World is a getting an RPG too.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Why? Couldn't that just be a sourcebook for WFRP?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Two dudes just spent twenty minutes trying to convince me that my literal interpretation of a specific rule is wrong while at the same time admitting that they don't know english and indeed they have not read the rules we're talking about. Lmao I love release days of new rule sets.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EdsTeioh posted:

Why? Couldn't that just be a sourcebook for WFRP?

I assume they will work in a bunch of updates for it. Like ideally it will be backwards compatible with WFRP.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They should just say scree it and bring back the limited edition models as MTO. There's a fee Games Day ork bosses and the one from the WAR collector's box that would be good candidates

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I would have a good laugh if that Old World Roleplay is just WFRPG but with huge blocks of redacted text where the PDF races are mentioned.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 20, 2024

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I can’t quite believe the range that’s coming back for Orcs & Goblins. It’s insanely broad. And that they’re having to make new moulds. And those new moulds are for thirty year old miniatures. In metal.

I’m blown away by how much effort they’re going to. It was totally unnecessary, but the green skins are getting 4 types of metal trolls and 3 metal giants. It’s absolutely heartwarming :unsmith:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Depends on how far back you go. It's still like, 5% of the 4th-5th edition range (i.e. the marauder giant, the trolls, shaman on wyvern) being re-released, which is the stuff I'm interested in. But that's better than nothing. I love that era of trolls, though I already have a few.

If you're into the 6th-8th editions look primarily, it's a bigger deal. If they had dug into the old early to mid 90's metal orcs and goblins, THEN it would be a big deal for real.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 20, 2024

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Yeast posted:

I can’t quite believe the range that’s coming back for Orcs & Goblins. It’s insanely broad. And that they’re having to make new moulds. And those new moulds are for thirty year old miniatures. In metal.

I’m blown away by how much effort they’re going to. It was totally unnecessary, but the green skins are getting 4 types of metal trolls and 3 metal giants. It’s absolutely heartwarming :unsmith:

Ehhhhh... it isn't that much work. I don't know how many figures they are going to produce during the initial run up to release, but moulds for metal are a known consumable. They will go through more than a few moulds for each code. If anything, I am more impressed they have room for a metal shop and it didn't all get taken over by plastic machines. Though I wouldn't be surprised if metal is contracted out to someone in the area.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

The fact that they're even putting out this broad of a line-up speaks volumes to how they appear to be treating this game and sparks hope for some of the other factions they got in the pipeline.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The metals capacity is probably still around because they used those machines for the Finecast stuff, so it was still in use recently. But outsourcing would be a piece of cake given the wargaming cottage industries that surround Lenton.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
It really depends on the range too. Some armies got a pretty big refresh around 8th and others didn't.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It makes a lot more sense that some of the ranges are flagged "legacy" - there's no way they could do this for every WHFB range.

Although I bet we're going to see the unreleased plastic Dwarf Lord.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I really like the Wyvern coming back in Resin

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Someone at GWs marketing went to ebay, saw the price for a mint marauder giant, and realized how much cash they were leaving on the table lol

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Brets vs tomb kings battle of the box contents report. This showed off a few tomb king mechanics I hadn't seen like chariot runners.

Spoiler I guess but I feel like this is the first report where the tomb king player is competent :spooky:.

https://youtu.be/404DD5J_SRM?si=yRQhm82342yHLHNU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

lilljonas posted:

Someone at GWs marketing went to ebay, saw the price for a mint marauder giant, and realized how much cash they were leaving on the table lol

I'm convinced someone at gw has a shed full of mint warhammer quest 95 boxes as a retirement plan.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Huh interesting bit of Warhammer lore that is new. Sigmar didn’t just run off when he abdicated. He called the Counts together and gave his approval for the Elector system they came up with after he asked them to decide on how to succeed him.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

moths posted:

It makes a lot more sense that some of the ranges are flagged "legacy" - there's no way they could do this for every WHFB range.

Although I bet we're going to see the unreleased plastic Dwarf Lord.

I can't remember if I'd ever seen it before, but I just looked up that model and saw the sprue. Given it has four bodies on the sprue, and a carried shield, I think it is absolutely going to be released, because they changed the number of retainers from two to three in the new rules.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Ehhhhh... it isn't that much work. I don't know how many figures they are going to produce during the initial run up to release, but moulds for metal are a known consumable. They will go through more than a few moulds for each code. If anything, I am more impressed they have room for a metal shop and it didn't all get taken over by plastic machines. Though I wouldn't be surprised if metal is contracted out to someone in the area.

I will stop being excited, apologies.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Yeast posted:

I will stop being excited, apologies.

that's the opposite of the takeaway. the point is that GW could do more of this. that's good news

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Apparently there were people queueing for the free Warhammer World launch event over two hours before the doors opened. And there was still a line snaking around the carpark three hours later. I have been to paid events there that sold out and didn't have a wait like that.
According to the video I watched the staff were stunned by the attendance.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Apparently there were people queueing for the free Warhammer World launch event over two hours before the doors opened. And there was still a line snaking around the carpark three hours later. I have been to paid events there that sold out and didn't have a wait like that.
According to the video I watched the staff were stunned by the attendance.

Yeah I really feel like GW didn't know how much people loved the world and just wanted a good rule set.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

That line was loving crazy. Not even the original Heresy Weekender lines were that long.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mohawk Potato posted:

Yeah I really feel like GW didn't know how much people loved the world and just wanted a good rule set.

I think they have really been drinking their own "no one wanted this system since it wasn't selling as well as Space Marines" flavoraide.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Any reports about how Warhammer World was.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGUL_z3-9Bk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I’m convinced that not only was WHFB a lot more popular than its sales numbers would have indicated (which, I get it, doesn’t necessarily help a business case), but a lot of people became interested in the setting because of Total War: Warhammer, and couldn’t scratch that itch with Age of Sigmar.

My local gaming club is losing its collective poo poo over the shipping delays of the boxed sets, and our Discord is the most active it’s been in months. A lot of the guys are Old Hammer grogs, but an equal number of us are younger (comparatively) guys that only got into the hobby right as WHFB was getting axed.

I think this could turn out to be an unexpected success for GW, assuming they don’t screw it up!

Broken Record Talk fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 21, 2024