Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

HootTheOwl posted:

This isn't true

:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jiro posted:

It does have Jetmir's Garden though?

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/c9wxpN1G00CJJhcBYYTKDg

Unless you're calling the deck I made pathetic........that's fair......gonna go cry now. :emo:

Now I just can't read, LifeLynx showed me the error of my ways :negative:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Take it up with wotc, they're the ones telling me this

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GonSmithe posted:

Oh yeah absolutely, they suck rear end, I'm just trying to make the point that an MSRP being there doesn't make it so packs would suddenly be not pricegouged by stores.

Yeah it always happened with lower print run stuff, the first Modern Masters was MSRP $165 but you couldn't find it below $230 or the fact it was pretty impossible to find a box of FTV below $100 despite the $35 MSRP.

Not having an MSRP on anything allows stores, both LGS and Big Box to do that with everything now though.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Splendid Reclamation stapled to an enabler dork is pretty interesting.

Pretty cool conditional counterspell. I could see this playing very well for creature decks, where it can counter things early and then scales well into the game with additional value/modes. Excellent at countering wraths.

Quite a weak front so it probably isn't good enough, but the backside is relatively easy to turn on and I'll always pay attention to cheap Future Sight variants. If you have enough lands in hand it does turn itself on by turn 5.

These types of effects have seen play before.

Cute. It won't get there in a Sunfall world where Phyrexian Arena is already legal, but people will try to abuse it in various ways.

This seems pretty reasonable to me, it's a cantrip with a small board effect that can accrue impact over time.

1UR
Artifact - Vehicle

Collect evidence 6: Kylox's Voltage Strider becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.

Whenever Kylox's Voltage Strider attacks, you can cast an instant or sorcery spell among the cards exiled with it. If that spell would be put into a graveyard, put it at the bottom of its owner's library instead.

Crew 2

4/4
----
Reminds me a bit of Dreadhorde Arcanist, but with different hoops. Definitely some deckbuilding considerations here but it's a powerful effect and you can get paid off multiple times from a single collect evidence. The floor of 3 mana vehicle 4/4 crew 2 isn't good but it isn't the end of the world, either.

Daredevil Detective
1R
Creature - Devil Detective
Whenever Daredevil Detective attacks, you may sacrifice an artifact or discard a card. If you do, draw a card and Daredevil Detective gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
0/3
----
Neat card, I wonder if it would do anything in a smaller standard. Attack to rummage with a 2/3 every turn is cool, and so is turning artifacts into cards.

And here's the rare version, 2/3 that GY hates and investigates on attack.

Mole God. Pretty drat pushed for a 4 drop that needs to attack.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Why would the creature owner pay so much to have that thing blocked??? That cost seems a bit ridiculous, and it only has 4 toughness.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 20, 2024

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Jiro posted:

Why would the creature owner pay so much to have that thing blocked??? That cost seems a bit ridiculous, and it only has 4 toughness.

additional combat phases usually cost a bunch.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Jiro posted:

Just give one of your opponent's creatures Indestructible AND reduce that creature's power to 0 AND destroy all your opponent's other creatures AND pay 7 mana and you have infinite attacks, couldn't be easier.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Don't think I saw this in the thread, but this is a pretty neat sideboard card for green decks. Hits a lot of decks that want to play a single threat but don't kill you the same turn while not being too strong.

Crucially in modern it hits the one ring, and also hits a turbo'd out moon for a single green. Also a bunch of flying cards that someone might power out but only have a single one of like an archon or murktide or whatever, shame it doesn't have a walker mode for tron

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pretty cool conditional counterspell. I could see this playing very well for creature decks, where it can counter things early and then scales well into the game with additional value/modes. Excellent at countering wraths.

Oh this is perfect in my Ivy commander deck

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Another unlimited card, this time with puns!

e:

Huh, guess this is a cycle now? Not much to say except it's way worse than archmage

Uh, is it just me or is this card insane at common?

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 20, 2024

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I like the charm.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Honestly the only thing I dislike about this set is far is how much real estate "Collect Evidence X" is for a keyword ability. It's flavorful sure but it feels like it's from a game ripping off Magic, like by calling tapping something else.

It's better than calling it something like Megakicker, but still awkward to me.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

A big flaming stink posted:

e:

Huh, guess this is a cycle now? Not much to say except it's way worse than archmage

This one strikes me as really good. eot fetch any land or creature is strong, and then it has 2.5 additional relevant modes after that.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The "you must block this" is funny given most people are probably going to want to block the 8-power creature barreling at them. Notably untaps itself too, so worst case you give all your creatures vigilance if they can't destroy this via damage.

Kind of wish this was more of a ball lighting creature - standard already has a lot of four-drops that need to be answered in a turn or two or you lose. The big butt tends to be the dealbreaker where less competitive decks will struggle more to answer.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

4 might be exactly the wrong number where it can be a target for destroy evil, buy realistically it probably doesn't matter that much.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

meanolmrcloud posted:

This one strikes me as really good. eot fetch any land or creature is strong, and then it has 2.5 additional relevant modes after that.

Yeah. Getting any land on the field at instant speed is kind of good.

I haven't followed Legacy in forever, but I just feel it could be a one-of in Lands.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Templating like this seems like a very strong argument for Kindred Sorcery — Ooze.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How does timing work in the declare blockers step?

If your opponent declares (what they think to be) all of theirs, can you activate the mole and force them to block it with something else they were trying not to?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

e:

Pioneer Mono G devotion didn't need more enablers, but here we are

It grabs troll, cavalier or nykthos at instant speed, and can also be removal in the late game

Edit: also Slime Against Humanity owns and makes me wish that Biogenic Ooze got reprinted in this set. It'll be a banger in Aeve, Progenitor Ooze edh decks though

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Aphrodite posted:

How does timing work in the declare blockers step?

If your opponent declares (what they think to be) all of theirs, can you activate the mole and force them to block it with something else they were trying not to?

you would have to activate it before declare blockers

begin combat > attack > block > damage > end combat

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The latest you could activate the ability is after declaring the mole as an attacker before they declare blockers. You only get priority during blocks after they have declared all their blockers.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

rickiep00h posted:

Honestly the only thing I dislike about this set is far is how much real estate "Collect Evidence X" is for a keyword ability. It's flavorful sure but it feels like it's from a game ripping off Magic, like by calling tapping something else.

It's better than calling it something like Megakicker, but still awkward to me.

I can't believe it has nothing to due with Clue tokens. But that's a mistake of the creative team naming it (like all the fights Split Second caused where it was mistakenly thought of as "faster" than anything in the game), not the mechanic itself.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

CatstropheWaitress posted:

The "you must block this" is funny given most people are probably going to want to block the 8-power creature barreling at them. Notably untaps itself too, so worst case you give all your creatures vigilance if they can't destroy this via damage.

It's kind of fun that you can't meaningfully chump block it even though it doesn't have trample. Either you have 4 power on board to trade with it or you're taking 8.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://twitter.com/4dogs1suit/status/1744505155679080909?t=Gll7EJSncteQKXlFM-6vhA&s=19

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Jabor posted:

It's kind of fun that you can't meaningfully chump block it even though it doesn't have trample. Either you have 4 power on board to trade with it or you're taking 8.

Add some combat tricks into the mix and you can really gently caress poo poo up.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Player a has Mole God and a 3/2. Player b has a 2/2. "Must block" turns 8 damage and a trade down into 14 damage and a chump. Removing options from the opponent is good. On the incredibly rare occasion anyone ever activates the ability, the word "each" also exists to limit some blocking options on the first attack.

The "must block" means it plays really well with haste enablers, which can let it unexpectedly force bad blocks. Reckless Stormseeker is a very strong card that was cut down by Cut Down. If people skimp on Cut Down maindeck for meta considerations, I could see a resurgence.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Somberbrero posted:

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/c9wxpN1G00CJJhcBYYTKDg

Moxfield for pricing reference. Looks like $240 on tcgplayer, lol 20% of that is anointed procession.

In the UK, thanks to some things being cheaper in Europe and the deck being about 25% more expensive, the cost of the deck is greater than the cost of the cards

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
What cards are in pioneer that let me cast slime against humanity on t2?
What about standard?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

HootTheOwl posted:

What cards are in pioneer that let me cast slime against humanity on t2?
What about standard?

No 1 cost ramp in standard as far as I can remember, plenty of dorks in pioneer though

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
*salivating* are any of them oozes?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

*salivating* are any of them oozes?

https://scryfall.com/search?q=t%3Aooze+legal%3Apioneer&unique=cards&as=grid&order=cmc&dir=

No, but apparently prime speaker vannifar is an ooze???

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Standard rcqs aren’t very popular, attendance is poo poo. Went to a pioneer event today but the store has hentai playmats on display. There is no winning today.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Another unlimited card, this time with puns!

3 mana is a lot for an unlimited commander deck.
As I understand the templating: It enters as a 0/0, right. Meaning it won't trigger "experiment one". Otherwise that would be a fun deck.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Catering Standard to the people who don't play it was a completely predictable mistake.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im starting to think wizards of the coast has no idea what they are doing

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Pretty funny looking at the other creatures who had 8/4 stats in the past

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
We almost had to do 7 rounds of Swiss at our first standard RCQ. Just missed the cutoff at 64 people? Or 62? IDK I barely understand tournament structure. I just show up and lose.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Catering Standard to the people who don't play it was a completely predictable mistake.

Catering standard to people who did play it clearly also was a mistake though, unfortunately, because there weren't enough of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

reignonyourparade posted:

Catering standard to people who did play it clearly also was a mistake though, unfortunately, because there weren't enough of them

They haven’t done that since they killed OP.

Getting feedback people who used to play it might’ve been useful, but I think it’s pretty clear at this point that 2 year rotation being slightly to fast for them wasn’t actually why the people who never played Standard didn’t play it.

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 20, 2024