Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

it is amazing to me that you pretty much hit download and have poo poo appear on your server and people are like "WHOAH thats way too much work", motherfucker 30 years ago people were running janky rear end VCR set ups, trying to program it and praying like hell that poo poo worked to tape the baseball game and it wasn't rain delayed or something. this is loving EZ in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I like getting little push notifications in the morning when new stuff is available

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
even without a raid setup or whatever, it can be as easy as "download plex server on a windows machine you already have, tell it the folder where you keep your movies, log into plex client on whatever device, you're done"

i don't do the thing some people do where they just download everything automatically, that seems silly to me

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

Is anyone with a RAIDed up Plex server married with kids because tbqh the last thing I want to do at home is be a computer janitor.

Is Hulu/Disney/Netflix/F1TV not enough for you people?!

I am not married nor have kids, but I am also paid to be a computer janitor not an organ janitor

Also gently caress disney and netflix. Not giving them money. F1TV is obviously a MUCH more ethical service and company

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I would love to set up a usenet Plex but :effort:. I did it at one point and got into a scary situation so I binned it but I can't help looking back.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

The only problem with Plex is how much you have to tell other people about it. Eats up hours a week, if every single person I’ve ever know with a Plex setup is to be believed.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tony quidprano posted:

it is amazing to me that you pretty much hit download and have poo poo appear on your server and people are like "WHOAH thats way too much work", motherfucker 30 years ago people were running janky rear end VCR set ups, trying to program it and praying like hell that poo poo worked to tape the baseball game and it wasn't rain delayed or something. this is loving EZ in comparison.

My wife is incredibly tech illiterate and uses Plex. The fact that it "looks" like a streaming app is extremely appealing.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Anime Store Adventure posted:

The only problem with Plex is how much you have to tell other people about it. Eats up hours a week, if every single person I’ve ever know with a Plex setup is to be believed.

Yeah I run my plex server on a strict HIIT crossfit routine, it is powered by all vegan energy

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

skill issue

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://racer.com/2024/01/19/haass-model-needs-to-change-steiner/

quote:

“F1 has changed over the past five years and it’s all going in one direction with this budget cap. People ask ‘Are you at the budget cap?’ but that doesn’t mean anything anymore. You need to be at the budget cap in CapEx (capital expenditure) and OpEx (operating expense) now, because you need to make CapEx investments to bring your OpEx down so you are efficient. That’s the only way to do it.

quote:

“I think what Haas achieved last year, obviously finishing 10th is no good, but it was actually an achievement going through to Q3 more than a few times,” he said. “Now, knowing how much of a disparity there is within the infrastructure, it is quite an achievement by the team. And that’s not down to me, that’s down to the team – it shows how good they are.”

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Gene "yeah, but that's expensive" Haas

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Residency Evil posted:

Is anyone with a RAIDed up Plex server married with kids because tbqh the last thing I want to do at home is be a computer janitor.

Is Hulu/Disney/Netflix/F1TV not enough for you people?!

I’m married with kids and probably the biggest nerd in this thread outside of khablam.

I had Jellyfin with IPTV and auto download from Usenet or torrent setup in about a day.

I kept F1TV so I don’t have to listen to the insane ramblings of Martin Brundle’s shambling corpse, and Crofty’s shrieking during the race.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 20, 2024

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Most people don't factor this time cost in, but it's an extremely valid point.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You mean you don't submit your timesheets into Big Plex for reimbursement?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MustardFacial posted:

I kept F1TV so I don’t have to listen to the insane ramblings of Martin Brundle’s shambling corpse, and Crofty’s shrieking during the race.

I'm looking forward to Brundle annunciating "Visa Cash App RB".

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He'll wake up one day and start calling them Minardi and asking how the Gulf War is going

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Thanks Ants posted:

He'll wake up one day and start calling them Minardi and asking how the Gulf War is going

Isn't that novel? A Chinaman!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tony quidprano posted:

Is he cheating in this rally championship as well?

Well he's driving an Audi...

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm looking forward to Brundle annunciating "Visa Cash App RB".

"V-CARB"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

You mean you don't submit your timesheets into Big Plex for reimbursement?

My evagenlism for big tech is not borne out of desire for financial compensation, brother.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
max is racing in 24 hours of daytona on iracing right now: https://twitch.tv/teamredline

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

How about he do the real thing instead like magic Alonso

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

max is racing in 24 hours of daytona on iracing right now: https://twitch.tv/teamredline

there is a real race at Daytona at 2pm EST

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ArmedZombie posted:

there is a real race at Daytona at 2pm EST

It’s a real race with dentists in LMP3s and GT4s, the full IMSA Rolex 24 is next weekend. There will be proper IMSA qualifying on Sunday though.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

MustardFacial posted:

I’m married with kids and probably the biggest nerd in this thread outside of khablam.

I had Jellyfin with IPTV and auto download from Usenet or torrent setup in about a day.

Are things pretty much the same as they were oh...10-15 years ago or so? ie Usenet, NZBs, etc?

Tony quidprano posted:

How much loving money a month are you blowing on subscriptions lol.

The fact that I'm doing it should speak volumes about how easy it is to set up a plex server on a nas.

Thank you for remind me: I think my wife and I both have separate HBO subscriptions. I need to check on that tomorrow.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Residency Evil posted:

Are things pretty much the same as they were oh...10-15 years ago or so? ie Usenet, NZBs, etc?

Sure is. Trashguides will have you set up pretty quickly and with minimal computer touching and the Usenet thread here is very much alive and kicking.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/LukeSmithF1/status/1749727149886435526

More street circuits, they really know what the fans want.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Average Lettuce posted:

https://twitter.com/LukeSmithF1/status/1749727149886435526

More street circuits, they really know what the fans want.

The top part of the track needs to be one big straight so there is at least another spot for passing, wont happen for very obvious reasons though

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Looks poo poo, the sport is dead, see you all for testing

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Nice that it passes around a scenic industrial park area.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think you mean VIP marina

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Catalunya was good too so wtf

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Once again, it is called the pinnacle of motorsport for a reason.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

what does Fernando think

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

i hate this sport so much

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Valencia street circuit looks amazing by comparison. Hopefully it falls through, I’m tired of new street circuits.

Thanks Ants posted:

:haibrow:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They so want to go back to Sochi

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Diet Crack posted:

Catalunya was good too so wtf

let's not get crazy here

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Compared to half the calendar, the notion isn't outlandish but yes - it's not the greatest either.

Bring back Sepang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Diet Crack posted:

Bring back Sepang