Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Shadow Complex Remastered, normal, 100% items 100% map. Pretty fun metroid-like, nice smooth gameplay. I liked the diorama style it had where you could shoot enemies in the background. A little too easy on normal I feel, and the late game upgrades turn you into a monster. The final boss is super easy. Collecting everything is kind of annoying if you’ve made it to the end because there’s a big part of the map you can’t touch without triggering the end fight and the rest of the map is a goddamn maze and there is no warping. But overall I had fun and it’s not long even if you 100% it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Shadow complex is dope

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Mesa. Incredible remake of HL1, Xen wasn’t nearly as tedious as I remembered and the final boss was pretty intense

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hell yeah brother.

----------------

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

ore no ryouri

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoderman posted:

ore no ryouri

Gesundheit

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It translates to "Men's Asses of Ore".

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

08) mega man maverick hunter x (psp, 100% with x and vile on normal mode)

"i've had this sitting around unplayed forever, i just finished x1-5, if not now then when" is what i thought to myself before loading the game up and finding out just like gitaroo man lives last year i somehow had a finished save i completely erased from my memory. so i played it through with x again and vile for the first time. this is ok. there's some stuff to like but there's so many weird changes that gently caress with the flow of the game. and they made the sigma stages way more annoying. vile mode is interesting but also really annoying for most of the playthrough, you start so weak and limited and they just dump super tanky enemies everywhere and make the collectibles a pain in the rear end to get. the x and zero 1v2 at the end is cool though

adjusted ranking:

1 > 4 > 3 > MHX > 2 > 5 > I Do Not Wish To Play The Rest Of This Series

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jan 20, 2024

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Another World

that was great! I've never played it before, only knew it by reputation. odd mix of intuitive and unforgiving. really enjoyed my time with it. I love how much depth to the world and story is suggested but not made explicit. I could see myself becoming obsessed with it at a younger age

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Cubone posted:

Another World

that was great! I've never played it before, only knew it by reputation. odd mix of intuitive and unforgiving. really enjoyed my time with it. I love how much depth to the world and story is suggested but not made explicit. I could see myself becoming obsessed with it at a younger age

incredible game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Cubone posted:

Another World

its a masterclass in everything

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Cubone posted:

Another World

the spiritual prequel (same protagonist, different developer) is even better imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJjuFmAHuRY

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Super Mario 64 - I let my kids pick which level to do next and finished with 70 stars. Been a loooooong time since I didn't get all 120. They want me to play Mario Sunshine next.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cubone posted:

Another World

fuckin cool game

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
2+ Astro's Playroom (All Trophies)

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

1. robocop: rogue city
2. trepang2
3. halo: reach

quick lil normal playthrough just cuz i felt like it. this might be my favorite halo for single player (with halo 3 as a close second) and each level never gets old for me. i've beaten this so many times that just a regular ol' run on normal with no skulls doesn't really feel like properly completing the game and now i might want to go back in a bit and do a legendary all skulls run.

thanks to dendy, for good sig

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Gaylo: Reacharound.

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Gaylo: Reacharound.

This but also it kicks rear end.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This but also it kicks rear end.

happy for you both

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Nutmeg posted:

happy for you both

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Nutmeg posted:

happy for you both

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Nutmeg posted:

happy for you both

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nutmeg posted:

happy for you both

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Nutmeg posted:

happy for you both

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Nutmeg posted:

happy for you both

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nutmeg posted:

happy for you both

Thank you Nutmeg :)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Talos Principle 2 - All Stars and Puzzles

Phenomenal game, outstrips the first game by a mile

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nutmeg posted:

happy for you both

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Like a Dragon: Ishin!
  • The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition

Best bethesda style game i've ever played. Nothing too deep here, but you can break the entire game w/stats & builds & poo poo, and it's always satisfying in some way

Oh there's a Badass Mutha Skag Queen outside of town? You mean the one I beat to death with my bare hands??

4/5

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

4. EarthBound (SNES), 1/21

Awesome from beginning to end, bunch of funny poo poo happening, cool twist on battles with the rolling numbers to get out of nosedives. I was always sad I never had a chance to play it back in the day, but better late than never. Now I'm going to have to move on to Mother 3 at some point

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
2) Aliens: Fireteam Elite
3) Styx: Master of Shadows

Beat the game with no alerts. Pretty fun! Took longer than I expected to beat - I did like revisiting areas back-to-front towards the end too, as it added an extra twist on cool areas. I'll probably clean up one or two other games as a palate-cleanser, then play the sequel

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My first game beat of 2024 is Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Lawful evil dhampir inquisitor of Urgathoa, Lich mythic path. This game is insane and really feels like it will be an entirely different game depending on your character and choices, there’s constantly unique dialogue and choices popping for your character’s race, deity, class, etc, (something Kingmaker wasn’t great at even though it did a good job of reacting to your actual actions) and that’s before getting into the mythic paths.

The lich path changed nearly every aspect of the game, new companions, new quests, even new mechanics and almost every conversation in the game changed to reflect my being an evil undead necromancer, it felt like playing a game specifically about being a lich, which is insane considering it’s only one of 10 paths in the game. All of my mechanical annoyances with Kingmaker were fixed too, basically the only complaint I have is there’s a section of the game where you’re removed from the main map and that I didn’t like near as much as the rest of it but otherwise it’s a 10/10 CRPG.

I kind of feel like doing an evil run first was maybe a bad call since most of my companions died or left the party or had their quests terminate early in the bad end but I’m already planning like my next three playthroughs so I’ll get all their stories done eventually.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 22, 2024

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

echoes of the eye. real good ending, some bs on th way there and some rough patches but overall extremely sick

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Resident Evil 2 Remake (Leon A). First REmake I've played and this game rules. Already started Claire's story.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

wait does that mean you haven't played RE1make or the first of the modern ones

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Good soup! posted:

wait does that mean you haven't played RE1make or the first of the modern ones

The last RE game I played was 4 in 2005.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
3. Ratchet and Clank Future: Into the Nexus (Platinum Trophy)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

1) League of Legends, Riot Games, 2009

Got to level 30 after 14 years and got placed in Gold II rank even though all indicators place me below Iron players.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

Resident Evil 2 Remake (Leon A). First REmake I've played and this game rules. Already started Claire's story.

Doesn’t count as beat until you do both characters. Mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

That's right, it doesnt actually count until you do both scenarios for both characters