Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
poll challengers are official things too and they also have their regs and rules to follow.

im pretty sure 10000% of all the poo poo we heard from Rudy and co are acting outside the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

PhazonLink posted:

poll challengers are official things too and they also have their regs and rules to follow.

im pretty sure 10000% of all the poo poo we heard from Rudy and co are acting outside the system.

There's a difference between poll watchers and poll challengers. Challengers are assigned by the political parties and are limited in number, and are allowed special credentials and rights. Poll watchers are just some Joe that wants to show up and hang around the polls somewhere away from the books, and only can look at the pollbook if the election official says they can, and also can't challenge people's right to vote.

It varies by state so I'm not sure if that is universal but at least that's what I'm familiar with.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Everywhere that actually fucks with elections knows that you do it by screwing with the count (ie, stuffing ballot boxes, exchanging ballots, hacking the computer) not by fiddling with faking individual votes. That’s like trying to rob a bank by pickpocketing people in the cashiers line.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

the_steve posted:

Wasn't there a dude who got busted not too long ago because he had been using his dead mom's registration to double up his own votes?

it was a dude from nevada who was everywhere screaming about how voter fraud is super real and the democrats are doing it!!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
They still think JFK got elected by mob guys getting names of recently dead people and voting repeatedly under those names. Like nobody would notice an Italian mafia soldier coming in over and over and saying "I'm John Johnson. Capisce? Now I'm Robert Jackson, you understand what I'm saying?"

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Ashcans posted:

Everywhere that actually fucks with elections knows that you do it by screwing with the count (ie, stuffing ballot boxes, exchanging ballots, hacking the computer) not by fiddling with faking individual votes. That’s like trying to rob a bank by pickpocketing people in the cashiers line.

Back in like 2000-2004ish in Georgia, I remember there being a report from DEFCON about how Diebold machines were easily hackable because they ran an unpatched version of WindowsCE that loaded every default device driver, so with little more than a thumb drive (or even less?) you could run code, and in effect have it compromise the vote count. It was my understanding at the time that this was why Diebold was replaced with Dominion. So, it was really telling to me that as soon as that change happened, the right-wingers started accusing the Dominion machines of having the exact exploitability that was present in the Diebold machines years prior. (If I'm off, someone please correct me)

It was almost as if they were mad that they couldn't run their old exploits anymore.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Just don't cont on Iowa ever and for anything

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

TremorX posted:

Back in like 2000-2004ish in Georgia, I remember there being a report from DEFCON about how Diebold machines were easily hackable because they ran an unpatched version of WindowsCE that loaded every default device driver, so with little more than a thumb drive (or even less?) you could run code, and in effect have it compromise the vote count. It was my understanding at the time that this was why Diebold was replaced with Dominion. So, it was really telling to me that as soon as that change happened, the right-wingers started accusing the Dominion machines of having the exact exploitability that was present in the Diebold machines years prior. (If I'm off, someone please correct me)

It was almost as if they were mad that they couldn't run their old exploits anymore.

Yeah we just use the incredibly complicated system of "pieces of paper with boxes numbered by pencil" and strangely we manage to avoid all these tech problems.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

TremorX posted:

It's been a long long while but I did a topic paper on that back as a freshman in college and you're basically right. There were a lot of ways you could compromise those machines.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
LISTEN UP LIBERALS
https://twitter.com/akafacehots/status/1748399672220385739?t=ccmQSw9sF3yFs5tAGDrZvA&s=19

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Nice try bizzaro-trump

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I like this one a lot because it's a screenshot of a movie

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Medullah posted:

I like this one a lot because it's a screenshot of a movie
I believe the conservative mind goes something like this.

Their source: eh feels right, bonus points if it's actually true because that way we can focus specifically on this with slightly more plausibility when a ton of contradictory information from other states comes in
Our source: Study Finds Significant Increase in Firearm Assaults in States that Relaxed Conceal Carry Permit Restrictions wait that can't be right. This is invalid for a myriad of creative reasons (or none at all)

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 20, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We need wire wrap not boom bap rap :bahgawd:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

You can get more money from rapping than you can from several hundred lifetimes of wiring things

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
You probably won't, but it's worth a shot

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

How much do you value your knees?

How cool are you with casual racism?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Okuteru posted:

How much do you value your knees?

How cool are you with casual racism?

And not so casual sexism and misogyny.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The worst part is that you could easily rephrase this to NOT sound like racist poo poo.

"The odds of being able to make it as a successful musician are X% ; the average annual pay for a certified electrician is 100k, and electricians are in way more demand right now"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's the shock value

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

the_steve posted:

The worst part is that you could easily rephrase this to NOT sound like racist poo poo.

"The odds of being able to make it as a successful musician are X% ; the average annual pay for a certified electrician is 100k, and electricians are in way more demand right now"

"Stop trying to be the next Taylor Swift! We need Electricians!"

"Stop trying to be a Twitch streamer! We need Electricians!"

"The average Only Fans performer makes $180 in a month. The average electrician makes that in one morning. Which sounds better?"

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

the_steve posted:

that would defeat the purpose of posting something racist, duh

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

LonsomeSon posted:

that would defeat the purpose of posting something racist, duh

I know, I know, the racism is the point.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Animal-Mother posted:

They still think JFK got elected by mob guys getting names of recently dead people and voting repeatedly under those names. Like nobody would notice an Italian mafia soldier coming in over and over and saying "I'm John Johnson. Capisce? Now I'm Robert Jackson, you understand what I'm saying?"

Yeah but that happened

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Dameius posted:

And not so casual sexism and misogyny.

And probably the worst one, listening to nothing but Nickelback on loop at every job site.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Scruff McGruff posted:

And probably the worst one, listening to nothing but Nickelback on loop at every job site.

Would you say it reminds you of what you really were?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Look at this voltage graph.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Guavanaut posted:

David Icke, Alex Jones, and Bob Moran all love poo poo like that.

LonsomeSon posted:

This can’t be over-emphasized, if you’ve been reading about a conspiracy theory which is new to you for more than ten minutes and haven’t encountered the antisemitism, your source isn’t being honest enough.
Bob Moran has just decided to be super honest and just depict Benjamin Netanyahu eating children as a kosher meal, not even "WEF" or "globalist" or "NWO".

And then doubled down when called out by saying its fine, because vaccines and public health measures are the real Hitler, and has now descended into something about how Netanyahu isn't really Jewish (probably Khazarian conspiracy or some poo poo).

The Blood Libel understander has logged on.

(:nws:ing the original tweet because it's gross)
https://twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1749153766312468941

It's amazing how fast he went from "edgy but mainstream conservative" to "I have a few questions about covid restrictions" to "vaccine genocide" to "Jews are allowed to eat babies and drink blood."

Probably quite easy when you're getting all your news from the same swirling toilet vortex as the others.

(And of course because it's so blatantly antisemitic this will be perpetually cited in response to any legitimate criticism of the actions of Israel as evidence that all critics are just racists like him, great job Moran.)

Dameius posted:

Look at this voltage graph.
This otoh is :discourse:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I'm guessing every character and animal wears glasses because the artist can't draw eyeballs for some reason?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Jobs that require a specific amount of peak physical attributes are the one category of jobs that we've all agreed on would make no sense to pick anyone less than the few who can do it for, regardless of diversity or anything else. It's largely genetics and randomness who can be in the NFL and whatnot. Perhaps conservatives really like using that as an example of affirmative action bad because it makes them uncomfortable that black people get into sports more because they just plain try a whole lot harder at it, and if there is any genetic advantage at all in this case, it goes to them.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also the diverse team seems like they'd be good at confronting a variety of different challenges.

Elephants have been used as work animals for millennia, and can pull a load on skids single handedly, gorillas can move things out of the way, the duck can fly unlike any real reindeer. Not sure what use the latter would be but it's as valid as anything else if you're comparing against a flying reindeer team that used to be a single reindeer anyway. The ostrich is telepathic because why not?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Honestly that's pretty rad

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
it's funny because none of those animals are known for flying!!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wasn't there an anti trans kids book about an elephant that identified as a bird?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Panfilo posted:

Wasn't there an anti trans kids book about an elephant that identified as a bird?

Wouldn't doubt it. I know there's a really racist version of the 3 little pigs that's about gun control. Pig exploits loopholes to keep his guns hidden from the feds, so everytime a ni-WOLF shows up, he gets blasted and his body hidden in the woods somewhere, with the last wolf deciding to move somewhere where gun control actually works so he can commit crimes without fear of someone fighting back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

the_steve posted:

Wouldn't doubt it. I know there's a really racist version of the 3 little pigs that's about gun control. Pig exploits loopholes to keep his guns hidden from the feds, so everytime a ni-WOLF shows up, he gets blasted and his body hidden in the woods somewhere, with the last wolf deciding to move somewhere where gun control actually works so he can commit crimes without fear of someone fighting back.

Where's the one where the pig suddenly gets really eager for gun control as soon as a wolf exercises the same rights to buy a gun too?