Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Data Graham posted:

Gas keeps doing this where I am

Creeps down to $2.95, then ~something happens~ and it INSTANTLY leaps up to 3.10 or 3.20 overnight. Then sllooooooooowwwwly creeps back down again to 2.95, then ~something happens~

Wonder where it would be if ~something~ didn't keep happening

It just keeps dropping where I am, currently at $2.41 at our local gas station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Is that you talking, Mr. President, or the handberder?

Randy.... I AM the berder.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hazo posted:

Here in SC the mail flyers for Americans for Prosperity (that we keep getting even though I’ve told them several times to gently caress off), which were all desantis all the time a few months ago, have shifted 100% to telling people to vote for Haley.

They’ve completely abandoned meatball ron— who has seemingly vanished from the public eye after his Iowa defeat but still hasn’t dropped out because his wife is an insane person who won’t let him quit and even they don’t want to be in the shithole state of Florida. And that’s an lol

Haley was always the wanted option for those types. they want someone boring who wont rock the boat with social poo poo that would upset money and poo poo. desantis proved he is either an idiot or a true believer and pissed off said money.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

Speedboat Jones posted:

Speaking of the chuddiness of NH, reminds me of this book I read a couple years back.

The quick rundown is that libertarians moved to Grafton, NH in enough numbers to completely flip the politics of the town towards full libertarianism. The locals were pretty easy to persuade, given aforementioned chuddiness. So this libertarian utopia was suddenly and completely overrun by bears with no fear of people because they completely got rid of all regulations, particularly dealing with the local bears. If you've got an audible credit, it's a great quick listen, and really funny.

A contributor to the bear problem is they cut expenses for the transfer station (i.e. the “town dump”), so trash piled up on everyone’s property that didn’t want to shell out for private trash pickup.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Data Graham posted:

It would be way better if he just runs and is trounced. But that's of course riskier

Real talk, do you think the RIGGED and STOLLEN guy will definitely go away quietly and not whip up more stochastic terrorism if he loses another election?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

This dude will never shut the gently caress up it’s pathological.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Doubling down on something that already didn't work...

...in the hopes that things will magically just work out.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Happy 1 year until Inauguration Day 2025. Might be our final year as a functioning democracy!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hobo Clown posted:

Happy 1 year until Inauguration Day 2025. Might be our final year as a functioning democracy!

We thought this last time, and all that turned out was alcoholism and despair.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

"It was NOT A CRIME. I have NOT BEEN RAPED. Something has NOT BEEN DONE TO ME."

Again, no. Nope. She did not say that. You rear end in a top hat, Trump. You rear end in a top hat.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

These people are "SICK"

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

ManBoyChef posted:

We definitely also have to do something about the fact that the GOP run states are cutting their food benefits. Here to the west of Orlando the food banks and churches are having trouble getting enough donations. I have never seen this many people.

I do outreach at a tiny church and a couple saturdays ago we fed about 300 people. I know thats anecdotal, but I would have to imagine we are seeing this because the pandemic SNAP benefits ended.

If people aren't starving they won't participate degrading contests where they could win a whole loaf a bread. So no we shouldn't do poo poo unless of course you want TV to be boring and lame.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

It is very important FOR AMERICA that I not be forced to pay for my crimes

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

There ain’t no goddamn way the loving cartels are even remotely scared of Donald J Trump

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

loving lmao at chuds completely swallowing kremlin propaganda

https://x.com/moopie0/status/1748727185328738533?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Hazo posted:

humans were a mistake

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

MustangMan_TX with the big ponderances, supported by MooPie0, both paying $10 a month for a blue check mark

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Speedboat Jones posted:

Speaking of the chuddiness of NH, reminds me of this book I read a couple years back.

The quick rundown is that libertarians moved to Grafton, NH in enough numbers to completely flip the politics of the town towards full libertarianism. The locals were pretty easy to persuade, given aforementioned chuddiness. So this libertarian utopia was suddenly and completely overrun by bears with no fear of people because they completely got rid of all regulations, particularly dealing with the local bears. If you've got an audible credit, it's a great quick listen, and really funny.

They also hosed Colorado Springs up: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/30/colorado-springs-libertarian-experiment-america-215313/

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Hazo posted:

Someone else post the SMBC bit with the guy screaming. Imgur is being a dick rn.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol maybe you losers should have done this from the start

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I know I am years behind on this, but I just started watching The Handmaid’s Tale.

I cannot help but imagine how many chuds watch this and seriously get excited, thinking “We could really do this! We could make a real Gilead here!”

The absolute insanity of the show is everything they want.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because NH isnt a big bastion of weird chud poo poo. its mostly various boring moderate/buisness types. plus chud votes already have trump, so why try there.

NH is also a state that has gone Blue for every presidential candidate since 2004 after Bush won it in 2000 despite often voting in Republicans for governor and other statewide offices.

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

one thing i noticed is that he never talks about the jury seeing the light, only the judge

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Grey Cat posted:

drat, what do you think his fursona is?

a florida manatee with a florida panther complex

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Grey Cat posted:

I'm pretty sure that whatever the gently caress he actually is, "Ron DeSantis" is his humansona

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

freemandela posted:

one thing i noticed is that he never talks about the jury seeing the light, only the judge

Habba filed a motion for mistrial

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Asterite34 posted:

I'm pretty sure that whatever the gently caress he actually is, "Ron DeSantis" is his humansona

:lol:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

lol maybe you losers should have done this from the start

Bookmarking this for when Haley inevitably endorses Trump a couple of months from now

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Grey Cat posted:

maybe he's the guy with that dumb as hell confederacy colored suit?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

He's no Arquilian prince

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

He gives off more of an Edgar vibe

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Hobo Clown posted:

I like to think this is 1 AD, after democracy.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ManBoyChef posted:

TRUMP YEAR 1

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Asterite34 posted:

It's spelled Egger.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ManBoyChef posted:

Anno Donaldi

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

ManBoyChef posted:

That would make this Year Zero

Hobo Clown posted:

Anno Donaldi
Like I said

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Asterite34 posted:

Ron DeSanctimonious: SUGAR!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Grey Cat posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!