Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
man Texans this is just.. oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Stroud has an excellent boo-boo face

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Stroud may be shook.

Yeah, first time I've seen him look even a little bit rattled

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sorry houston

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
welp.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
bruh you cant punt there

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
:rip: Texans
Offense never scored TD

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

mandrews and likely both routinely run plays where they are lined up as wrs, seems pretty easy to just let likely take all of aghoulurs snaps

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Can't wait for Titans Head Coach Mike Macdonald.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chin up, Texans fans, at least the Ravens arent exposing Stroud quite as hard as they exposed Purdy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i don't think stroud's rattled, playing to protect the football is what he's done all year, there's just no time for anything to develop downfield, no time to sit in the pocket, no time for anything

if i was a texans fan I'd prefer actually if stroud continued to throw the ball away and know that the game's kinda out of reach, then try to get aggressive and risk injury right at the end of their season

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
gently caress you

whoever said that Texans 2nd half was gonna blow it. Yeah you were right.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Doubt any Texans fans are even a little worried with this result

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Mega64 posted:

Stroud may be shook.

I've missed a decent chunk of the game, but from what I've seen, Stroud isn't loving up, he's just not pulling off miracles. He's getting flushed from the pocket a lot and all the short receptions aren't getting any YAC.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Alaois posted:

Chin up, Texans fans, at least the Ravens arent exposing Stroud quite as hard as they exposed Purdy

Niners offense went up and down the field much more efficiently that game than the Texans have tonight

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Kirios posted:

Alright that’s my cue.

Gonna play some more AC Valhalla - see ya for the late game goons!

i'd rather watch garbage time football a million times over and over than ever touch an asscreed game again

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

mightygerm posted:

Its going to be weird having Mark Andrews back because Likely has been playing extremely well this season and I don't want his snaps to fall off. Also many Lamar ints have historically been balls forced to Andrews.

I’m hoping that not having his safety blanket for half the season has made Lamar less likely to force those throws

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shindragon posted:

gently caress you

whoever said that Texans 2nd half was gonna blow it. Yeah you were right.

Me with tears in eyes: they call me cringodamus

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kirios posted:

Alright that’s my cue.

I paid full price for that game and still haven't played it.

I should probably do that at some point.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

surf rock posted:

I've missed a decent chunk of the game, but from what I've seen, Stroud isn't loving up, he's just not pulling off miracles. He's getting flushed from the pocket a lot and all the short receptions aren't getting any YAC.

He's missed a few open receivers, but again finding them would have involved getting blown the hell up mid-throw so I don't know if trying it would have ended up well.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Texans Run D suuuuuuucks.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Don Draper, back from another strange sojourn off the map and face to face with his demons, sits in front of the fidelity group.

“Doors. That’s what it’s about. Doors. They take us places.”

My god he’s done it. He’s done it again. No one knows what it means but it doesn’t matter.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Leaning on Hill to salt the clock away does give me pause, not

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kirios posted:

Alright that’s my cue.

Playoff football with your rookie QB after coming back from the depths of football purgatory, the last time you'll watch CJ Stroud and the Texans play until August, and you bail on it early to... play an Ubislop game?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Quiet Feet posted:

I paid full price for that game and still haven't played it.

I should probably do that at some point.

Never pay full price for an Ubisoft game. They always go on deep discounts relatively quickly.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It amazes me that the 2nd half they have not stopped lamar once.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Texans D is killing themselves

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
jesus, how many Texans are going to kill themselves trying to make a tackle tonight

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lol lamar wanted to pitch on the option so bad, i dont miss him but by god greg roman was made for this man

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
lamar please slide there

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Alaois posted:

More like “CHIN UP, Texans defenders!” Stop lowering your heads lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Demeco should consider teaching his dudes how to tackle without killing themselves

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Maybe consider stopping lowering your head for no reason on tackles? Maybe that's a good idea?

I know he wants to get a hat on the ball since they need a turnover, but now you can't help at all.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So many game breaks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Stop leading with your helmet you idiots. Wrap up with your arms.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

A big flaming stink posted:

lamar please slide there

Does he know how? Always seems to prefer diving forward.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Greenard so pissed he chased the wrong guy

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I skip most of the game and Houston is choking it.

Convergence
Apr 9, 2005
Texans tackle practice is Naruto running directly into a concrete wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SirPablo posted:

I skip most of the game and Houston is choking it.

They hung in for a while, but the Ravens are just better is my read. Like it's not a choke job, it's just...well this is what was probably going to happen.