Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

The Crone is great, seems like the sculptor is a fellow man of culture enjoyer of feet :heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder if they're going to tie this version of Morai Heg in with quasi redeemed soul of Hellebron to keep things circular.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Don't know if this is the best thread to say this, but I've been running AoS Soulbound for my group and everyone loves it. We've been going through Blackened Earth, and it has a perfect mixture of challenge and big-hero poo poo so which makes everything and everyone feel cool.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Our Soulbound campaign is on hiatus whilst the GM is trying to find some more motivation for the next part. The system isn't bad but feels undercooked at parts.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Wasn't expecting river aelves outside of AoS proper, but they're pretty cool.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Soulbound is really fantastic for short one shots and campaigns, but unless everyone becomes Wizards or Priests it is a bit boring. Overall a game I quite like, but I feel like keeping it to what feels better for helps.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Don't know if this is the best thread to say this, but I've been running AoS Soulbound for my group and everyone loves it. We've been going through Blackened Earth, and it has a perfect mixture of challenge and big-hero poo poo so which makes everything and everyone feel cool.

Blackened Earth looks quite cool. I am looking forward to running it eventually.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
The local shop is experimenting with team games. It's pretty fun so far, but we also don't know what we're doing.

Any of you regularly play this way, and if so, do you have any suggestions or resources to share?

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

We tried it few times at my lgs but never managed to figure out how to go about it

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.

grassy gnoll posted:

The local shop is experimenting with team games. It's pretty fun so far, but we also don't know what we're doing.

Any of you regularly play this way, and if so, do you have any suggestions or resources to share?

Our store runs team tourneys every so often, they use something like this ruleset:

https://adepticon.org/wpfiles/2022/2022AoSTeam.pdf

Basically each team member builds a normal list at 1000 pts and then you smash them together. I was supposed to run my Tzeentch daemons (oops, all flamers...) with my buddy's Gloomspite Gitz but he got sick the day of the tournament.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Just played my first game. poo poo's fun.

Has anyone said Sigmar Balls yet

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

So, what did you learn from your first game?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/28/sunday-preview-rotting-pennants-fly-high-for-the-flesh-eater-courts/

It's time to take up the banner of valiant defender and feast upon the living and defend the Mortal Realms from monsters and brigands.

And there's also a vampire in there too.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Finally!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

This year's event model is an alternate Arch-Knight, The Steel Rook.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/29/warhammer-events-miniatures-announced-for-2024/

I love rooks, underrated birds. Too bad I probably won't be at any events.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

grassy gnoll posted:

So, what did you learn from your first game?

Seraphon seem wonderful but man, these saves suck. There doesn't even seem to be a good reason for these saves to suck so much.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Winklebottom posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/29/warhammer-events-miniatures-announced-for-2024/

That kicks rear end

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Picked up the new Cities book and they dropped Anvilguard/ Har Kuron as an available city? Is it in another supplement or it a retired option?

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Winklebottom posted:

I'm not a CoS guy, but he's pretty sweet :lovebird:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Picked up the new Cities book and they dropped Anvilguard/ Har Kuron as an available city? Is it in another supplement or it a retired option?

It’s not a City of Sigmar anymore. It’s a City of Morathi.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
That Rook Knight is loving cool. Shame it won't really be available unless you travel to an event or pay a scalper.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Could always try to arrange something with goons.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Bird knight is Cool

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

Seraphon seem wonderful but man, these saves suck. There doesn't even seem to be a good reason for these saves to suck so much.

There sorta is.

If you're playing Coalesced, then you shouldn't let anything that won't get automatic damage reduction get touched. Take your bigger dinos and shove 'em directly into your opponent's face so your skinks can do their thing unfettered, and who cares if you're not saving? You've got multiple wounds and nearly everything's doing piddly damage to you.

If you're playing Starborn, the idea is that you're vaporizing anything that might get to you before it gets in range to harm you with gigantic mortal wound bombs, and what does it matter what your save roll is?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, Coalesced are a huge pain in the rear end to kill because of the built in damage reduction.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I understand I'm not the first to point it out, but, seriously, how hard is it to pay someone to do a bit of quality control for your very expensive box of plastic?

Edit: Just to avoid any misunderstanding, I'm talking about the 3D model render in the manual where someone made a mistake of rendering both weapon options at the same time and somehow that never got caught all the way to the printer.

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 31, 2024

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
when you make 40,000 warhammers a day theres bound to be a few duds

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Axehammer, when you both need to chop and cave some skulls in.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/31/death-reigns-new-regiments-of-renown-and-free-rules-for-ushoran/

Have some free rules for Ushoran.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 31, 2024

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oof, I'm an idiot. When they originally said a regiment of renown for the 6 Mortarchs I thought they meant 1 Regiment fielding all 6 of them, superfriends style.

You think this means they might make Katarkos available for sale again?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Lol, I put that kit together and didn't catch it either

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Rock on if you're making Warriors for TOW, but honestly I think halberds are a bad bet in AOS. 4+ to hit on your basic troops won't cut it in S2D, and not a lot of other armies besides.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Halberds are better if you are running 20. Swords are better for 10.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Halberds look awesome, so consider that.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Lostconfused posted:

Edit: Just to avoid any misunderstanding, I'm talking about the 3D model render in the manual where someone made a mistake of rendering both weapon options at the same time and somehow that never got caught all the way to the printer.

Leman Russ instructions have the turret halfway into the hull on the first page. At first I was psyched that you could make a Destroyer or Thunderer with the new kit. LOLnope.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Halberds look awesome, so consider that.

:hmmyes:

Also no one cares about wysiwyg in AOS even a little.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Does this mean they’re going to release 6 new boxed sets? With all 6 being Grand order death allies and 3 being SBGL makes it seem like a poor financial decision for them to do so, so I’m assuming no for now. Would be nice to get a discount on Ushoran but I don’t really need crypt guards 21-30

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I dont think so, the other boxes have been to sell a new hero model and it seems silly to have 3 boxes centered the same kit for Manfred/Arkhan/Neferata

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/01/fangs-of-the-blood-queen-how-neferatas-top-lieutenant-wages-war/

Much like Ushoran, Sekhar gets free rules ahead of the next Dawnbringers book.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

A 140 point double caster with 7 wounds and that spell would be good enough, but her other rules make her even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com...ingers-book-iv/

The next Dawnbringers crusade book also sees the return of the Triumph and Treachery rules.