Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Papercut posted:

It's also because his greatest talents are non-flashy things that are easy to ignore or attribute to other things. Like he has impeccable footwork, which is boring, and incredible anticipation/processing, which at game speed just looks like his weapons/scheme getting open. It looks less impressive than guys who take a second longer to read the defense or can throw off balance but have a rocket arm to make up for it.

Well said. And to parrot my own post, that shows the laziness and stupidity by the media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Well said. And to parrot my own post, that shows the laziness and stupidity by the media.

Compare Purdy to Darnold in Week 18. Purdy looked better coming off the bench in week 10 or 11 last year for his first NFL regular season action than a first-round pick with starting experience, who also had the first-team snaps in practice, did. Tape don't lie. Numbers don't l... okay, numbers can lie, but the Purdy beat playoff teams in the regular season, and also put up 49ers team records at QB.

49ers QB records. Think about that.

Or just scroll up to the video I posted from the Raiders game last year. Watch all the film, all the angles. What other QBs give a receiver a chance at a catch on that busted play? I don't mean just this season, I mean ever. Purdy throws a potential TD, Aiyuk just can't bring it in. It wasn't an easy catch, but it's catchable for a starting WR.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I'm blown away by how much Purdy doesn't get the credit he deserves. I assume it's because he's Mr. Irrelevant, but using that as a reason not to appreciate what he's done the last two seasons is laziness and stupidity (mixed in with some jealousy). Yeah, he has talent around him, but he still is the guy running the show on the field.

He won't get credit for anything until he wins a SB, and that's pretty lovely.

I'm glad of it because I'm a sicko and want to see the hot take haters get brutally owned

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm glad of it because I'm a sicko and want to see the hot take haters get brutally owned

As much as I obviously don't want the niners to win it all (ever), that would be very satisfying.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Waltzing Along posted:

Holy poo poo, the Amy Trask quote. Talk about insanity. Also talk about not being qualified for your job.

If you haven't heard it, here is the gist: There are 4 games this weekend. 8 QBs. 7 terrific QBs and Brock Purdy.

And then the typical rigmarole that he is elevated by the talent around him.

What a loving buffoon.

Dude just had a top 10 season of All time. He had the BEST deep passing year ever. He led the NFL in nearly all statistical categories this year, including all the important ones, both simple and advanced. And he's not as good as Baker Mayfield.

Jesus Christ.

I understand why people are skeptical of Brock's success to a degree but saying he's a tier below Goff and Mayfield is dumb as hell. It's also wild to me that so much of the national media is ready to elevate Love to elite status already based on what, an 8 game sample size? Has everyone already forgotten how loving awful the Packers offense looked for the first half of the season?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Shindragon posted:

I started watching the 49ers right when Steve Young got injured and Jerry Rice got injured. I saw lot of heart breaks. The dennis erickson era, the nolan era, the mike singletary era. Almost what? 8 years or so no playoffs? But man I knew we had something special with Frank Gore.

I remember people were saying it was a risky pick because of his previous injuries (ACLs so don't blame teams for passing )but my god was he a runner.

put him in the loving hall!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
ur fave is problematic bb

https://twitter.com/LifeNewsHQ/status/1748343214568870096?t=iwuuvBQxD5eJuHUu50SaOg&s=19

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I understand why people are skeptical of Brock's success to a degree but saying he's a tier below Goff and Mayfield is dumb as hell. It's also wild to me that so much of the national media is ready to elevate Love to elite status already based on what, an 8 game sample size? Has everyone already forgotten how loving awful the Packers offense looked for the first half of the season?

As was said earlier itt, Love, Goff and Mayfield are all first round picks. If the Smart, In The Know Football People want one thing, it's for their established procedures to be proven correct.

There's also no small amount of team bias, with people like Trask, Florio and Collinsworth being long standing 49er haters.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I never doubted them

I absolutely doubted them

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I need a xanax.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
An ugly win is still a win but Jeeeeeeeesus.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

ended exactly how i thought once pack missed that FG

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Purdy loving sucked today but hey how about that game winning drive lol

I'll just blame it on the weather

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
They both won but I think these two games today showed clearly why Lamar is the better QB over Purdy and Lamar should win MVP.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I am dead. RIP me.

Holy loving poo poo

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Whew! Messy game but um whew!

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Brock loving Purdy

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Glad I don't have to root for Green Bay anymore but Niners totally won at home to the 7 seed by a shanked FG. It's Lions time!

trilljester posted:

Brock loving Purdy

Played loving Average

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Coldforge posted:

It's also because the WR depth is pretty dire. 31 year old Chris Conley, and special teams players McCloud and Bell. Maybe if Danny Gray hadn't gone out for the year with an injury :smith:

Just going to repeat this, with Deebo out.

Lifespan posted:

Played loving Average

In the pouring rain with their top WR out for most of the game, I'll take average. Jordan love threw picks.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
That was an incredibly stressful game. If that's what our offense looks like without Deebo. I really hope he's healthy for next week. :stonk:

Edit: It was like the Vikings' game all over again. 3rd down is DPI or a huge gain of like 30 yards every time. I want to see exactly what Wilks was thinking sometimes, maybe he should go back upstairs lol.

VVVV

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
My heart is still racing. Good lord Purdy was bad this game, but my god trust the run.

Our defense was getting gashed all over by the Packers. 49ers D needs to fix things up.

Deebo was out but thank god Aiyuk made some drive extending catches.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I was supposed to turn 40 this year, but I think I skipped that one and turned 41 during this game

Edit: Hopefully Deebo is ok for next week

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

In the pouring rain with their top WR out for most of the game, I'll take average. Jordan love threw picks.

Purdy threw two right to defenders, they just dropped them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
gently caress Shanahan. So sick of his play not to lose mentality. Came really close to biting him in the rear end again.

Really need deebo back next week. At least it's not supposed to rain.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
So unfair that SF had more rest than GB. The fix is in!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Purdy threw two right to defenders, they just dropped them.

Love threw another pair right to defenders, and they just failed to catch them.

I guess Love is just pure garbage and a trash level QB.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Secondary was awful as ever. Defensive line didn’t get a whole lot done. Purdy missed a ton of passes. Receivers had a few bad drops. Run game got stuffed way too much. Special teams gave up a blocked kick and an eight yard return.

But we motherfucking won

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

rjmccall posted:

But we motherfucking won

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Oh also Ambry Thomas should be fired into the sun. Surely Oliver or Womack are better than him by now

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

Love threw another pair right to defenders, and they just failed to catch them.

I guess Love is just pure garbage and a trash level QB.

Maybe they both suck?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Maybe they both suck?

Have you considered that every QB who isn't Patrick Mahomes might suck?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
They both definitely sucked today

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MakaVillian posted:

Oh also Ambry Thomas should be fired into the sun. Surely Oliver or Womack are better than him by now

:hmmyes:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Papercut posted:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I shouted a whole lot at the tv screen, mostly at Purdy and Thomas

Thank god the Packers matched our bed making GBS threads blow by blow

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Love didn't convince anyone he is good with those awful picks today. Purdy convinced many people that he is totally average without Deebo. Next week will be fun.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MakaVillian posted:

Ambry has been pretty good this year, afaik.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ambry Thomas needs to stop acting stupid. I still can't believe he jumped on that underthrown ball.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Papercut posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

49ers are good folks