Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

yeah tim rules. haters vacate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 hours!)

colonelwest posted:

He’s got a system…

i don't know if you made this, but it's by far the best joke made in the thread for months

it's a joke with alotta buy in though

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just rewatched Escape from Tomorrow (the movie guerilla shot inside Disney parks without permission) for the first time in a decade.

Yikes, that was loving terrible :whitewater: Why did I used to like that movie?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Wasn't the central conceit that the guy and his family all caught bird flu and were tripping out in Disneyland?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Outpost22 posted:

Wasn't the central conceit that the guy and his family all caught bird flu and were tripping out in Disneyland?
Cat flu! Also the main guy was creeping on teenage girls

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

:yeah:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Origami Dali posted:

finally watched dial of destiny and the mutt reveal was the best scene

mutt jones died in nam

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Was there a section where you play as mutt then fall into a punji pit

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Origami Dali posted:

mrs oquendo watched Crystal Skull today and now I can't stop thinking about Mutt dying in Vietnam.

MedicineMix
Jan 21, 2024
https://www.tmz.com/2024/01/19/pawn-stars-rick-harrison-son-adam-dead-dies-overdose/

Adam Harrison, son of reality TV star Rick Harrison of the reality TV show Pawn Stars has bitten the dust.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Origami Dali posted:

Mutt Jones? The cool greaser guy? What happened to him?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

PostNouveau posted:

Mutt Jones? The cool greaser guy? What happened to him?

I hope you’re sitting down for this, but he died in Vietnam.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Did they say how? Fragged by his own guys? Fell into a VC bamboo pit?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

What? Mutt did? I think I would have heard something if Mutt Jones had died in Vietnam

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
do you think the jungle aliens showed him his death?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

redshirt posted:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The reveal in Last Crusade that Indiana's nickname came from a dog is so good and then in the 4th one some writer was like "I dunno maybe abandoned son is named Mutt?" Fuckin' hacks

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Finally saw Killers of the Flower Moon. It wore me the gently caress out, but was a hell of a film. Length was absolutely necessary; the first half felt like a horror film and did an amazing job of putting me in the terrified shoes of the native community. The second half works so much better because it’s an escape from the awful reality into a procedural.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

in denial of destiny they should have revealed that mutt, too, was named after a dog, and everyone is equally shocked and amused

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Honestly that Danzig spotlight ep stunk. Nobody else could interject with Mike dominating the space with unfunny rambling. And I like the guy but dang let your gang contribute

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Just cancel it at this point. Surely no one is still watching this after a whole year of rotating hosts

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1748451060283297829

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

Honestly that Danzig spotlight ep stunk. Nobody else could interject with Mike dominating the space with unfunny rambling. And I like the guy but dang let your gang contribute

Every time it cut to Mike he was actually drinking a fresh beer. Guy got through an 18 rack. No one stood a chance of talking past him.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

i'm amazed it survived noah

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I might be late on this, but have we addressed Mike's developing gin blossoms yet?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

redshirt posted:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kdrudy posted:

I might be late on this, but have we addressed Mike's developing gin blossoms yet?

I had no idea until now that phrase was anything other than a band name

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PostNouveau posted:

Just cancel it at this point. Surely no one is still watching this after a whole year of rotating hosts

Who even watches Comedy Central anymore? It’s nothing but reruns of old shows like The Office and really bad movies. Let it die!

They resurrected the old @midnight show with Chris Hardwick as @fter Midnight with a different host on CBS following Colbert. The state of TV is so dire that what used to be a lovely late night basic cable show is now good enough for network TV. Just flush the whole thing! :george:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

They resurrected the old @midnight show with Chris Hardwick as @fter Midnight with a different host on CBS following Colbert. The state of TV is so dire that what used to be a lovely late night basic cable show is now good enough for network TV. Just flush the whole thing! :george:

Oh did they? I always thought it was strange how quickly @midnight came and went. It seemed to be decently popular considering its time slot and being on cable, but just zapped out of existence all of a sudden.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PostNouveau posted:

Oh did they? I always thought it was strange how quickly @midnight came and went. It seemed to be decently popular considering its time slot and being on cable, but just zapped out of existence all of a sudden.

That may have coincided with Chris Hardwick being canceled for being such an extremely poo poo boyfriend to former goon Chloe “Skydart” Dykstra and trying to use his industry connections to get her blacklisted from working ever again after they broke up. The dude went from being on dozens of tv shows across different networks and on commercials and poo poo to nothing pretty much overnight.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jose Oquendo posted:

I hope it was a death from old age in his sleep and surrounded by loved ones and not at all in a hole filled with poop covered spikes.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Chris Hardwick being canceled for being such an extremely poo poo boyfriend to former goon Chloe “Skydart” Dykstra and trying to use his industry connections to get her blacklisted from working ever again after they broke up.
the guy that made the gbs thread about that was pissed. he really hated when women were mistreated
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860204

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

That may have coincided with Chris Hardwick being canceled for being such an extremely poo poo boyfriend to former goon Chloe “Skydart” Dykstra and trying to use his industry connections to get her blacklisted from working ever again after they broke up. The dude went from being on dozens of tv shows across different networks and on commercials and poo poo to nothing pretty much overnight.

Googling around, it looks like he shut down @midnight himself because he was overworked about a year before this happened, and then yeah, after this he went from doing Ryan Seacrest levels of workaholic poo poo to basically nothing other than hosting some NBC game show.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvF4vSkHgaM
Youtube recommended this to me and I thought I'd pass it on

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:eyepop: Hot goss! Spill the tea :munch:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

PostNouveau posted:

It's very, very important to the executive class to prove that the thing that made the show successful is the IP, which they own (the news but funny); and not the specific people that made it, which they do not own.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lol im finally watching the newest TNG trivia and it is an incredible display of dementia, and being a touchy paranoid rear end in a top hat. <3 mike

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kingo Ligma posted:

It's very, very important to the executive class to prove that the thing that made the show successful is the IP, which they own (the news but funny); and not the specific people that made it, which they do not own.

God it's so true. Must be why they played all the weird games with the Jeopardy! host job too instead of just giving it to the obvious best choice Jennings off the bat. (Especially with that rear end in a top hat producer trying to give himself the job lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Who is the rear end in a top hat producer?