Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Donald Trump is an incredibly stupid rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

nine-gear crow posted:

I think more and more fandoms are also finally starting to have reckonings with the right-wing shitbags that have infiltrated their spaces since 2014/2016 like the furries did earlier this decade. Star Wars, for example, is currently undergoing a widespread internal movement to maybe finally flush all the loving misogynists and incels out to sea after the biggest Star Wars YouTuber had some chud psychologist on his show and she went "Women don't like Star Wars, it's not a space for girls, there should be fewer women in Star Wars, not more" and he nodded along and went "Yep, keeping women out of my sacred space wizard cartoon is Priority 1", and so now female and non-incel male Star Wars fans are rising up and going "gently caress you, you gatekeeping weirdo(s), Star Wars if for everyone" in a way that hasn't really been seen before.

I am a turbo Warhammer nerd and have seen this from the inside. Hardliner chud dickheads are trying to keep newcomers out in order to prevemt the "tainting of their fandom". To this I said what would have happened if the old guard 20 years ago had kicked you out? What would have happened to all of your good sci fi fascism times if those greybeards didn't let you in? Without new blood any community will die, which means it becomes the duty of veterans to introduce newbs and make sure they have a good time.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

Three Olives posted:

Worried every day if I can make it to work and how much it is going to cost me.

gently caress you.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Batterypowered7 posted:

Nothing much, what's clime with you?

It's clime time.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

nine-gear crow posted:

Yet half the country voted him into the Presidency. Arguably the most powerful position in the entire world. Curious.

hahaha we are totally hosed as a country.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Outpost22 posted:

EDIT: ^^^^^^^^ I should check that out.

Wait, EV's don't require gas or oil changes? :confused:

No gas to fill up on, just a plug in my garage. No oil to change. Brake pads generally get less wear too since most of the braking is regen. No point in having a clutch or a gearbox. Although tire tread wears out faster

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Three Olives posted:

Worried every day if I can make it to work and how much it is going to cost me.

Hahahaha

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hollismason posted:

Yet half the country voted him into the Presidency. Arguably the most powerful position in the entire world. Curious.

hahaha we are totally hosed as a country.

The United States of America is a country of incredibly stupid assholes.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
Has anyone said Crime-ate change yet?

Fake edit: Crime-rate change. Donald’s worries about crimerate change.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

New Nikki Haley NH ad says she's gonna fix the economy. And finally close the border.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Wayne Knight posted:

He drives a ford mach-e. Come join us in the EV thread. We razz each other but we’re all friends. Just about everyone there agrees musk is a fuckhead, and those that don’t stay quiet or get laughed at. I have a bolt. They’re good cars!

I’ve also got a Mach-e. You know who else owns one? Pete Buttigieg. And since I’m not Pete Buttigieg, one would logically have to conclude that 3O is in fact Pete Buttigieg.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'll start paying attention to EVs when they are less expensive. There's no way in hell I'm buying a EV from Musk

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Hollismason posted:

I'll start paying attention to EVs when they are less expensive. There's no way in hell I'm buying a EV from Musk

Yeah maybe in 20 or 30 years like all my cars have been aged. I'll take the clunker $4000 ev please and thank you.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

nine-gear crow posted:

Huge if true

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Hollismason posted:

The EV Federal Tax Credit can now be given directly to your dealer, which means that you get $7500 taken off the sticker price. There's only like 19 models that qualify now because they made some changes to the battery composition requirements, but it might make them just affordable enough for people now.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I'm someone with a severe anxiety disorder and a lot of the doomer stuff and just news in general lately has been really getting to me. It's hard not to spiral a lot.

I'm looking for some reasurrance that it really is doomer poo poo and Trump isn't just going to sweep back into the White Hourse and put all my trans friends in camps.

Biden is still more likely to get re-elected right? That hasn't suddenly changed?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Captain Fargle posted:

I'm someone with a severe anxiety disorder and a lot of the doomer stuff and just news in general lately has been really getting to me. It's hard not to spiral a lot.

I'm looking for some reasurrance that it really is doomer poo poo and Trump isn't just going to sweep back into the White Hourse and put all my trans friends in camps.

Biden is still more likely to get re-elected right? That hasn't suddenly changed?

We're in a weird spot where everyone expects the Democrats to win the house while simultaneously Biden has about a 50 percent to win. Only thing to say is that his support will harden as we approach November and people start to actually pay attention.

I truly don't think he wins if his support for Israel stays this strong however. That war needs to end on it's own or he needs to get vocal about a cease fire. I also don't think focusing on Trump as a "threat to democracy" motivates a single vote he doesn't already have. He needs to talk about real things.

Pook Good Mook fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 21, 2024

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Captain Fargle posted:

I'm also a pretty anxious person but I would suspect the only reason we're seeing Trump doing as """well""" as he's doing is because most of the country still assumes he won't be the candidate. His brains are turning to jelly, his primary demographic is aging out or dead from the 'VID, and the Dems haven't even started reminding women about Roe or the rest of the country about the myriad ways that Trump loving sucks. There's always the possibility that something insane happens and he gets another groundswell of national support but I think most people nationwide are sick of his poo poo and seeing him constantly on mainstream TV again will remind people how nice it was to not have to hear about his dumb rear end every day for four years.

But not us, we all float in here... :getin:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pook Good Mook posted:

We're in a weird spot where everyone expects the Democrats to win the house while simultaneously Biden has about a 50 percent to win. Only thing to say is that his support will harden as we approach November and people start to actually pay attention.

I truly don't think he wins if his support for Israel stays this strong however. That war needs to end on it's own or he needs to get vocal about a cease fire. I also don't thing focusing on Trump as a "threat to democracy" motivates a single vote he doesn't already have. He needs to talk about real things.

Honestly. I dont think I/P stuff means poo poo to most people at this moment but I do think biden needs to be louder about trying to drag israel back a ton. apperently him and bibi had a big blow out in like november and december and havent talked directly since. everything i have read is the white house is basicaly giving israel til begining of febuary to either declare victory or draw down or else something.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Even if he's elected he only gets four years, and the other two branches of government did their job to keep him in check last time. He can do a lot of horrible damage but it's finite and changeable.

That's the best I got for assuaging your fears sorry.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I got called a conservative redditor last time I said it (lol a worse insult than the slurs that get you banned) but I’ve heard it from knowledgeable people who actually do it for a living (not Nate Silver): if the war in the Middle East expands, Trump is almost a lock for the next president

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Isn’t a snowball when you cum in your bf’s mouth and he spits it into your mouth

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

WHY CAN’T I HOLD
ALL THESE CLIMES

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Guildenstern Mother posted:

You don't have the change the oil on electric cars? That's wild.

A lot of wear on your oil is heat, friction, and pollution from the internal combustion. chemically breaks down its ability to lubricate. an electric needs bearing grease at load points, and functionally not much more. fuel cell is mechanically inert, cabling to the 2 to 4 electric motors controlling the wheels. motors need like axle grease and thats about it. the wheel motors need cooling, but not much else. << half remembered blueprints to basic electric vehicles in a class from 2017

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

poisonpill posted:

if the war in the Middle East expands, Trump is almost a lock for the next president

lmao that's the dumbest poo poo i've ever read

trump has no shot

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

winterwerefox posted:

A lot of wear on your oil is heat, friction, and pollution from the internal combustion. chemically breaks down its ability to lubricate. an electric needs bearing grease at load points, and functionally not much more. fuel cell is mechanically inert, cabling to the 2 to 4 electric motors controlling the wheels. motors need like axle grease and thats about it. the wheel motors need cooling, but not much else. << half remembered blueprints to basic electric vehicles in a class from 2017

So 10w30 should be good then?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

poisonpill posted:

I got called a conservative redditor last time I said it (lol a worse insult than the slurs that get you banned) but I’ve heard it from knowledgeable people who actually do it for a living (not Nate Silver): if the war in the Middle East expands, Trump is almost a lock for the next president

maybe,. I am pretty sure biden is trying to keep israel from invading lebanon. personally i thinka bunch of this is solved by quietly pushing the IDF or etc to coup bibi and co. i can see it happening because Bibi position is loving dire and the military/ic are loving pissed at him and his ultra religious dipshit friends. that being said, trump wouldnt solve that and will just run on "close borders and nuke the ME".

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

bird with big dick posted:

Isn’t a snowball when you cum in your bf’s mouth and he spits it into your mouth

maybe,. I am pretty sure biden is trying to keep israel from invading lebanon. personally i thinka bunch of this is solved by quietly pushing the IDF or etc to coup bibi and co. i can see it happening because Bibi position is loving dire and the military/ic are loving pissed at him and his ultra religious dipshit friends. that being said, trump wouldnt solve that and will just run on "close borders and nuke the ME".

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
:lol: the only thing trump has almost on a lock is an ankle monitor

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

So 10w30 should be good then?

Any oil in an EV is in a closed system. No replacement. Look up the maintenance schedule for a bolt. The only liquid they say to replace is coolant at 150,000mi. It’s really just wiper blades, cabin air filters, and brake pads, but even the brake pads last forever because most of your slowing is due to regenerative braking instead of friction braking.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

poisonpill posted:

definitely, for sure

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
the only things youll be replacing in an ev are consumables like brakes and related, tires, maybe wheels, cv boots, suspensions, wipers.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Three Olives posted:

The rightwing fight against EV will go down in history as one of the weirdest things in modern history, there are legit criticism that there are infrastructure concerns with widespread adoption but the entire thread seems to be "I hate rich liberals and they they seem to like these cars and therefor the must be loving morons."

There is absolutely no coherent rightwing political reason to hate EVs and yet they have an absolute burning hate for them because rich people in California or something?

You are projecting memory onto people who refuse to use it. This is the same crowd that came out as pro-smoking once it started getting regulated, protested against drunk driving and seatbelt laws, and got vocal about incandescent lights and now gas stoves. Being wrong about every last thing at every step of the way will not result in one moment of introspection.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Captain Fargle posted:

Sorry but there's a real chance that Trump wins the white house. Anyone calling that doomerism is just sticking their head in the sand

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Captain Fargle posted:

Oh boy I love camping. Wait not like that.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

whats trump got going for him this time? Last thing I saw positive for him looked like he got some deal with a big Hispanic news org to propagandize for him, which didnt look good. Everything else though seems to indicate hes a deflated loser who people are sick of.

Im not living in the states so I dont know how people see Biden, my folks seem to like that hes boring

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Renreeja posted:

whats trump got going for him this time? Last thing I saw positive for him looked like he got some deal with a big Hispanic news org to propagandize for him, which didnt look good. Everything else though seems to indicate hes a deflated loser who people are sick of.

Im not living in the states so I dont know how people see Biden, my folks seem to like that hes boring

This is 100% correct, he gave a ton of people here brainworms though, so it's gonna be a second while the shellshock wears off for them

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Captain Fargle posted:

Even if Trump wins he's too much of a lazy poo poo to get around to passing any legislation to put anyone in a camp. There's a fairly good chance he dies on a toilet regardless of the election outcome. I hope this in some way helps with your anxiety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Presidents are supposed to be boring, not revered as idols worshipped by idiots.