Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I would get the cheapest one, as they don’t work at all and won’t do anything to help that knot one bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
lol what?

I have one and I love it. I got it at Costco, I’ll find the brand when we get back home. I think it’s Infinity or something like that

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

That’s not even that bad. Mid 30s in January is warm. The lows in the negatives is abnormal, but we don’t get a ton of that.

Oh yeah that was for the negative temps.

I’m fine with the 30s. Would be actually quite into it. Seasons are nice and we just don’t have enough spring or fall down here.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Joey Freshwater posted:

lol what?

I have one and I love it. I got it at Costco, I’ll find the brand when we get back home. I think it’s Infinity or something like that

I love it too, it feels good, but nothing is fixed with it in my amateur experience

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean, the purpose of it is to relieve sore muscles and work out knots. If you have chronic back pain or something like that then no of course it’s not gonna fix it because it’s probably from something that’s a larger problem.

I use it after workouts or when I’m sore the next day or whatever and that’s all I’ve ever expected it to do.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah perhaps , I dunno. If you are using it to feel good then it definitely does that. I love it on my quads

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Any recs for massage guns? I have a persistant knot in my upper back and shoulder that gets pretty painfull on the regular.

I get tightness around my shoulder blade / traps and lacrosse balls work wonders

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
It's more to feel good until I can find a good massage therapist.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tulalip Tulips posted:

It's more to feel good until I can find a good massage therapist.

This is the brand but mine looks a little different and mine wasn’t near this much, more like $80 but I got it at Costco so that checks out. I couldn’t find it on their site though.

https://a.co/d/9FbwMwC

There’s a jillion of them on Amazon for cheaper that have the same or similar attachments.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

Oh yeah that was for the negative temps.

I’m fine with the 30s. Would be actually quite into it. Seasons are nice and we just don’t have enough spring or fall down here.

Seems to always be one week every winter where it gets really cold. Otherwise we usually hang in the 20s and 30s for a high and teens for the lows.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Any recs for massage guns? I have a persistant knot in my upper back and shoulder that gets pretty painfull on the regular.

I'd love suggestions too, for now I have this that a friend gave me: https://a.co/d/g4C1bGC

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I bought this for my partner’s brother and sister for Christmas. They’re both dancers and have said that it’s great. I have a Theragun myself and it’s good but I’m glad I got it at a discount because the cost is ridiculous for what you get.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Theragun is the big name brand but they're expensive. I got a Hypervolt as a gift a couple of years ago and it was nice until the battery gave out after a year and a half.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The best massage one is the one on sale. I got one from Costco.com that was a sharper image brand that was $50 off. As long as it isn't a scam brand, whatever is cheap will work.

Massage guns have diminishing returns. Feels good the first time you use it. If you use it the next day it doesn't do much.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I genuinely thought those were mostly used as "marital aids"

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Air Skwirl posted:

i guess maybe some of the attachments

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
house reno chat, I'm looking to add ~100sq ft to split one bedroom into two and the quotes are almost 100K for on-slab construction. It's mostly labor costs-- almost 20K in labor for ~30 linear feet of 8' high brick veneer to match the rest of the house.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

I would not recommend using a massage gun anywhere near your genitals unless you want to no longer have genitals.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Goodbye Texans, you were a good story for a while.

Hmm, not the gdt

Anyway, gently caress the Cowboys

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

First sour dough loaf turned out pretty good.

Gonna buy one of those baskets for making more of a loaf shape and one of those baguette things to make those.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
TFF, guess what?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nervous posted:

TFF, guess what?

Whatsamatter Nervous? Chicken?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Freaquency posted:

I would not recommend using a massage gun anywhere near your genitals unless you want to no longer have genitals.

I feel like there's a warning label on there that says that.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Air Skwirl posted:

Tell me you're single without telling me you're single.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Braksgirl posted:

Tell me you're single without telling me you're single.

To be fair, I am married and kind of wondered the same thing. Where there is a will there is a way.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Nervous posted:

TFF, guess what?

Nice pelicans

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nice

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lol

https://x.com/coltonbmc/status/1748858359959474209?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

poo poo, why not? Get a burner phone and write its number on it and see if you get lucky.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
drat Braks, don't destroy the man

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Finally got around to the newest D&D movie, and I really liked it. The first D&D movie way back when was the only movie I’ve walked out of in the theaters. Prolly helps I started reading the D&D Drizzt books recently at my wife’s request. “You can’t read Star Wars all the time”

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Thanks for the recs, I'll look through them. I've had this knot/back/shoulder/pec pain for the last year and the consensus is I hosed something up in that area. It's been awful since at it's worst I feel it in my chest and since it's all on my left I've gone in to the ER a few times thinking I'm having a heart issue only to be told that it's muscular. I need to call the PT folks too but I'll do a lot for a little extra relief or at least something that feels good.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Making me miss the old EQ2 guild <Ye Olde Goone Squad> and <What>. Had an alt named Adolfcritler Lolocaust and that got banned so fast the first time I left the guildhall

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I don't think I've ever walked out of a movie, but I did fall asleep during Alien vs Predator 2.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

bobjr posted:

I don't think I've ever walked out of a movie, but I did fall asleep during Alien vs Predator 2.

I saw the Nic Cage blockbuster Next in theaters and didn’t walk out so I think I’m immune to bad movies

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Let’s just say my favorite movie theater experience is seeing John Wick 2 with my wife late in its run so it was just the 2 of us…. I missed about 10 minutes in the middle of it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
End game is easily #1 but seeing the original saw during college was really fun

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I have never laughed harder in my life than seeing the first Jackass movie in a crowded theater. So good.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think the last noticable theater experience I had was Detective Pikachu. There were so many excited people and their kids who really enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

bobjr posted:

I think the last noticable theater experience I had was Detective Pikachu. There were so many excited people and their kids who really enjoyed it.

Dude was also in the new D&D