Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

confirmed: threesomes are virtuous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

Bardiche Hotel

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

confirmed: threesomes are virtuous

whew

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

Dun dun DUNNNNN!

Calling spite suicide.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant Ethicist posted:

Bardiche Hotel

:ohdear:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

Wow. Ted Talks really do take just anybody.

Luann

"No one but me, Bets. I suppose I must allow you to be fun and charismatic, but you may share it with no one but me."

It's a sign of a healthy relationship when your boyfriend forever tries to hide your light under a bushel, right?

Gil Thorp

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Really easy to sync Gunther's actions here with a controlling jealous boyfriend, kinda ugly. Also love a compromise where one party doesn't give up anything. Leave your comfort zone? You were the one mad about not going out, dude!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

What's being protested?

The Dingbat Family/The Family Upstairs(July 23, 1910)

Finally got tired of that gag

Baron Bean(January 22, 1916)

Positive Polly/Polly and Her Pals(December 21, 1912)

Gasoline Alley(September 10, 1919)

Us Boys(October 29, 1911)

The strip get published more consistently as we get into November and December.

The Gumps(February 17, 1917)

Krazy Kat(November 15, 1913)

In the Gloaming

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Hippocrass posted:

What's being protested?
Julet Esqu posting Luann right above them every day.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

(The caption for this one is the motto on the banner)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

as a complete fuckup and the laziest person on earth, how can I apply to be a colorist

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

lol

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

You know what this reminds me of? The animated Disney's Aladdin. These smiley faces are really annoying.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

(Is there a better word for an unmanned fishing rod like that? I believe "fish trap" usually refers cage or net type gadgets, but it's still technically correct)

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 3/13-15/52

Archie 4/28-30/49

That's what you get for blocking the base.

Muckle?

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 12/5/76

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Selachian posted:

Archie 4/28-30/49

That's what you get for blocking the base.

Archie going full Ty Cobb there

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well that solves the line of succession problem. did anyone actually like ming 2 anyway

i loved him in the way you love a particularly scrungly possum in your trash can

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

please be dead from jacking off on the other side of the door.

I Did Not Like This Before. In The Time Since Seeing This For The First Time I Have Transed Genders And Now I Like It Even Less.

"nope. not getting off of this table."

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

by Michael Kupperman

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

by Michael Kupperman

was hoping this would go

one

step

beyooooooond

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Bret Blevins' art for "The Phantom" is absolutely abysmal.

Modesty Blaise: The Bluebeard Affair

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Hostile V posted:

"nope. not getting off of this table."

Stupid mange! Makin' me look bad!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (March 2-4, 2005)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Guess Shelley Winters is going back to Hell.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

fuckin lmao. literally just "magic box shut up"

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Selachian posted:

And by 1942 standards, Stamm is being enlightened in pointing out that not all Asian people are those sinister, untrustworthy Japanese.

That may well have come straight from the War Department. There was a ton of "This man is Chinese! He is our friend and ally, but this man is Japanese! He is our enemy, here is how to tell them apart" propaganda put out.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So Shelley Winters is basically just the Kenny of the Allisonverse I see

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Murdstone posted:

Andertoons

"Can I get a receipt? I want to make sure I can get it back at the end of the day."

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

ukonvasara posted:

fuckin lmao. literally just "magic box shut up"

remember that these are the Good Guys.

and what has the Bad Woman Mouse Rabbit done that they have not?

gently caress, have we seen kell hunting people in the past few years? No? She's so removed from her loving business that she sits behind a desk and her hands are clean! What the gently caress does her business do again? WHO ARE THEY loving HUNTING? are Dewclaw's Fine Meats made up of loving sawdust?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
You know if I remember right she's lying about the box. But also yea it's like "Well see Kell doesn't kill her own employees and catches prey in "unethical" ways or something. No it doesn't make any sense.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
We also see that the human boy is trapping Herd Thinners predators who stalk Domain, but presumably he doesn't care if Kel's people eat anybody.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

That's not a palindrome it's a portmanteau! :argh:

I guess the word he created is a palindrome as well, but not an interesting or clever one and only when taken in isolation, not including the "a" at the start or the rest of the preceding sentence.

Selachian posted:

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 12/5/76
This comic is great. :allears:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hostile V posted:

I Did Not Like This Before. In The Time Since Seeing This For The First Time I Have Transed Genders And Now I Like It Even Less.

Angelique, similar to Bruno, had taken huge steps to transition as a mouse. This isn't like how the Good Guys race-fake all the time. So the fact that they refuse to respect that Angelique's a mouse adds a lot of uncomfortable layers in this story. Though knowing how Holbrook's an incompetent writer with a simplistic mindset, that thought never even crossed his mind.

Cowslips Warren posted:

remember that these are the Good Guys.

and what has the Bad Woman Mouse Rabbit done that they have not?

gently caress, have we seen kell hunting people in the past few years? No? She's so removed from her loving business that she sits behind a desk and her hands are clean! What the gently caress does her business do again? WHO ARE THEY loving HUNTING? are Dewclaw's Fine Meats made up of loving sawdust?

Nope, there's functionally no difference in what Kell and RL's companies do. The only reason Kell is considered a Good Company is because she's nice to her employees and treats them better.* Kell is basically the endgame for when Dethany (from On The Fastrack) learns all the lessons she needs from her abusive boss and becomes a CEO herself.

*This includes such acts like hiring prey animals for diversity, when said animals are actually traitors to their own species for working for the murder company. Or giving the supervisor a raise while the people under her who do the actual grunt work get zilch, zip and nada.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Elsewhere in the paper: I'm sure it'll turn out fine.

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Cul de Sac

FoxTrot Classix doesn't do Sundays!

Rose is Rose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Stupider Than I Remember It Being Because Of Course The Protagonists Cannot Do Any Actual Wrong Even When They're Doing Wrong

Gaslight and gatekeep the girlboss.

Make Us Whole, Isaac