Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

platting hi-fi rush is a loving saga. currently working on getting an S-rank on all 12 stages (tracks) - on all five difficulty levels, and it's not retroactive to lower difficulties when you beat them on higher ones. I can beat the average level in 20-30 minutes so it's somewhat time consuming.

the first four difficulties have all taken only one attempt per track (so far), but for level 8, it took me a few hours over a couple nights to get there on the highest difficulty. and then again on track 9, though that was less of a struggle since that's just one boss fight that's six or seven minutes.

three levels to go. but their biggest setpieces are set to invaders must die by the prodigy, whirring by the joy formidable, and the perfect drug by NIN, so they'll be entertaining.

then I gotta clear the more-than-an-hour-long rhythm tower again, probably twice, for two conditions of "S-rank" and "without buying any healing items." think I can do the latter with other methods of generating healing items, just gonna take a while.

then there's a few more things left to do in the arcade mode I haven't looked at yet, which hopefully won't be harder than these other things.

then I will be... a god gamer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jazerus posted:

yeah. except digimon fans

the digimon story games are fun

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you, the erudite smart rear end: not playing Pal World because AI NFT

me, the dumb but lucky goofus: not playing Pal World because it's Early Access

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i'm playing Timberborn right now and it's still early access

even though it's pretty completely, man updates are coming out slow for this game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i played pal world for a long time and finished all the tutorual quests before the big fight it tells u to get buff for. idk why it starts so slow
we've collected rocks and wood with a punishing carry weight limit in a zillion games already. this one has unique poo poo going on but they still feel the need to make you punch trees for a while.
at least the stuff you eventually get to do is pretty cool.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Real hurthling! posted:

i played pal world for a long time and finished all the tutorual quests before the big fight it tells u to get buff for. idk why it starts so slow
we've collected rocks and wood with a punishing carry weight limit in a zillion games already. this one has unique poo poo going on but they still feel the need to make you punch trees for a while.
at least the stuff you eventually get to do is pretty cool.
i would assume it was delaying the point where people realize the game is not actually finished

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

A Buttery Pastry posted:

i would assume it was delaying the point where people realize the game is not actually finished

well, yeah? its early access

i presume a lot of valheims grind, particularly iron, was also intentional

i gotta say, its impressive just how starved Gamers are for either open-world-crafting game, or a pokemon game that it took off so fast

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Xaris posted:

i presume a lot of valheims grind, particularly iron, was also intentional

i gotta say, its impressive just how starved Gamers are for either open-world-crafting game, or a pokemon game that it took off so fast

i don't think they're starving for early access open world crafting games

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

i will not be playing an open world survival game and will instead play binding of isaac

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

Different team, Redfall is done by the Prey guys and the Dishonored guys are doing Blade.

Ah. Wasn't the Prey remake (or whatever that was) still good, though?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Xaris posted:

if they had to ask, that's probably not enough of an answer

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

Neopets is going to change pets with super old art to the new art but with a toggle to the old pet art and it has some people fuming. It will kill trading pets of the old artwork which was super insane and had a black market where they sold for real money. On the site people would ask for essays, artwork and insanely expensive customized pets to trade away these old artwork pets. It will be interesting to see when it rolls out next week. anyway here is a neopet which I hope is recognizable

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Ytlaya posted:

Prey (2017) is a new IP, but Bethesda's publishing side just shrugged and made them use the name to something else they had the rights to for some dumb reason. Also, its incredibly good. Only thing I can really complain about is that the last hour of it kinda sucks but everything before that is peak gaming.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

Ytlaya posted:

That Prey game was legit the best game to come out of the year it came out. Like for real it was so good and had so much content and fun gameplay.

Play it any chance you can if you haven't already.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The initial grind in Palworld isn't bad at all. There's some picking up sticks and rocks but you get an insane amount of levelups for just capturing everything you see and all you have to do is have a variety of pals active at the farm and they'll just passively fill up your coffers while you're leveling up, automatically

Saw a shiny already but it was twice my level and whooped my rear end :(

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Whirling posted:

Prey (2017) is a new IP, but Bethesda's publishing side just shrugged and made them use the name to something else they had the rights to for some dumb reason. Also, its incredibly good. Only thing I can really complain about is that the last hour of it kinda sucks but everything before that is peak gaming.

non respawning enemies was a bad call there

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

bought the monster hunter pokemon game and cant wait to try it

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

yeah it's wild to think how the most successful pop culture franchise in the *world* managed to leave so much money on the table for these guys to swoop in
https://twitter.com/Palworld_EN/status/1749047519265632440

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
this is how nft bros finally take over the collective unconscious

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I dont give a poo poo who they are as long as game is fun

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

video games own

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
If you wanted to play a janky ripoff of a more popular IP, EYE Divine Cybermancy is right there

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Buddykins posted:

I dont give a poo poo who they are as long as game is fun

i mean i'm going to play it but i can also be concerned about this obvious trojan horse attack on the very soul of mankind

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

another moral crucible dodged by my natural disinterest in the game in question, life is sweet

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

pirouetting around hogwarts legacy, diablo 4, palworld etc like the guy in dancing in the rain

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Avowed looks kinda lovely. Low expectations. Combat looks really janky and weak. Hmm.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Buck Wildman posted:

another moral crucible dodged by my natural disinterest in the game in question, life is sweet

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
PC gamers should be killed

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

my bony fealty posted:

Avowed looks kinda lovely. Low expectations. Combat looks really janky and weak. Hmm.

gonna be down to the story and vibe just like PoE and New Vegas

I don't think any obsidian game has ever had 'good combat'

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
888 moons

last 4 are Volleyball Master, S rank bounding bowl, and two in the dark side bullet level. only the bullet level feels attainable

LIterallyABikeshop
Nov 13, 2023
palworld feels grindy as gently caress on the normal setting... definitely go into options and tune down how much collecting you gotta do

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
was palworld that game where you shoot pokemons with your ak? i think an early clip was posted here

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
They actually made a game with discourse more annoying than Hogwarts

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

They actually made a game with discourse more annoying than Hogwarts

i feel like palworld discourse is only annoying here, everywhere else is just like "drat, that game was actually real. crazy"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hogwarts Discourse was so much worse, this time around there's no chuds who maybe watched one of the movies 10 years ago talking about what a deep and almost spiritual meaning the game has for them, and TERFs aren't involved at all.

Look at it like this instead - this is something that both makes Nintendo look bad and makes Mr Hootington unhappy. It's like seeing the petals of a once a century blooming flower.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Mr Hootington has been nothing but nice to me. I stand with him (and Fortnite)

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

LIterallyABikeshop posted:

palworld feels grindy as gently caress on the normal setting... definitely go into options and tune down how much collecting you gotta do

If you're playing on gamepass then that's why it feels grindy since it's on an outdated gimped build. It's kinda deviously brilliant and I can't help but wonder how much extra cash they made from people trying palworld on gamepass and then buying it on steam.

I do hope the devs take the mountain of money they just made and spend a little of it to hire some more artists to replace some of the off-the-shelf store-bought assets.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It is no slight against the honorable Mr. Hootington, simply an example of the deep strangeness of this game that is clearly drawing people to it

LIterallyABikeshop
Nov 13, 2023

Gobblecoque posted:

If you're playing on gamepass then that's why it feels grindy since it's on an outdated gimped build. It's kinda deviously brilliant and I can't help but wonder how much extra cash they made from people trying palworld on gamepass and then buying it on steam.

I do hope the devs take the mountain of money they just made and spend a little of it to hire some more artists to replace some of the off-the-shelf store-bought assets.

oh no they tricked me into thinking the game is extremely mid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Hogwarts Discourse was so much worse, this time around there's no chuds who maybe watched one of the movies 10 years ago talking about what a deep and almost spiritual meaning the game has for them, and TERFs aren't involved at all.

Look at it like this instead - this is something that both makes Nintendo look bad and makes Mr Hootington unhappy. It's like seeing the petals of a once a century blooming flower.

Nintendo always looks bad and he's always acting like a gamer