Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (February 17, 2002)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!
Zippy The Pinhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haifisch posted:

Computoon: Origins

That's actually a good gag that makes sense.

Also Mexikid is great.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

god bless boyce and his very public callout of a woman who just wanted a quiet birthday.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Mara Llave seems to be a monthly strip now, which I'm afraid does not suggest good things. I think it would be pretty good on a Flash Gordon schedule.

Also, how am I 1500 posts behind already?

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!

kidcoelacanth posted:

looking at frank and ernest is an experience that sucks

:evilbuddy:

Frank and Ernest

(10/27/1993)

(10/28/1993)

Ziggy

(7/27/1971)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "514 - Jucika, As A Stylish Stewardess" NSFW Nudity

"515 - Jucika And The Melon Market"

Yes, that is a very off-model Jucika. This strip was likely unfinished by Pusztai and was inked and colored by other Lúdas Matyi magazine staff. "The editorial staff of this magazine informs with pain in our hearts that Pál Pusztai, cartoonist, died of heart failure on September 10th in Dubronik, Yugoslavia, at the age of 51." Pusztai's strips had been showing up less frequently, going weeks or even months between new Jucikas and I'm sure we all noticed the total absence of the Jucika and Husband dynamic in the last 30 or so. It ran from 1957 to 1970 with 514 officially published strips. I'd like to think Pusztai wouldn't let himself recycle jokes too blatantly and that as a man of integrity he recognized that he had made something good and it should end, though sadly he left this world before settling on when and how that should happen.

That's Jucika! She'll return months or even a year from now, or whenever wholesome horniness is needed most. Thanks for enjoying her (comic) strip!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It never gets easier.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What is the relationship between Hungary and erlenmeyer flasks?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There's a traditional folk dance with ladies balancing a bottle of wine on their head.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (May 07, 1961)

I think it’s actually pretty great that Val doesn’t even realize how much Arn has grown up and asks Aleta for the final say. He’s a real bonehead a lot of the time but here he’s managed to be a sensitive soul.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I AM GRANDO posted:

What is the relationship between Hungary and erlenmeyer flasks?

Jucika's going to Subspace :sg:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (January 23, 1977)

Dinkleshaft

Thimble Theater (August 25, 1940)

Popeye

And now, we double back for a few Toonerville Folks Gap Pluggers. You might remember when I was doing 1915, I was working from only one paper, and some of them were a little damaged.

(November 14, 1915 in the New Orleans paper)

Well, I think I figured something out with a second source.

(Replacing this one, which I may have never posted, so it's December 2, 1915 in the Lincoln (Nebraska) Daily Star.)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 21, 2024

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Curtis

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/20/04

Brenda Starr 6/23-25/52

Smokey Stover 4/26/59

Everyday Movies 3/2/37

"Here's your check for fifteen dollars -- and now I gotta see who I can squeeze for thirty dollars to make up for it."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 12/21-23/42

Closer Than We Think! 4/26/59

Radebaugh is really predicting the present, not the future, here since fiberglass-based bone cement was being used in the 1940s.

And I'd rather my surgeon keep his eyes on his work, not watching an EKG.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 21, 2024

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

drat that's a fine AMC Pacer.

The Family Circus

drat that's a fine hangover.

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

FoxTrot

(It's a long-running gag in this strip that the dad is the only one who ever wants to play chess, even though he's terrible at it. There was a storyline where he got a chess computer, but it kept trouncing him even on easy mode, so he went back to bugging the family to play.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
On top of the wonderful Sunday recap framing device Flash Gordon uses the extra details and subtle characterization are great. It's really cute that those two are making eyes at each other in panel 1. :3:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, May 2-5, 1983

Note 5:

quote:

DeLorean
An American automobile manufacturer whose car became synonymous with the movie franchise 'Back to the Future. In 1982, DeLorean's company was insolvent, and an undercover FBI informant offered to work out a deal with him to sell 24 million dollars worth of cocaine. DeLorean was eventually able to defend himself against the FBl's entrapment, but by then, the car company was no more.

Apparently I missed Note 4 on April 19, 1983:

quote:

Can you believe 40 years later we're still here?!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
Pluggers

Also, which one of you is paying to poo poo on Pluggers in the comments?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Forum accident posted:

Frank and Ernest

Push it with your feet? That's a good way to lose a toe or two.
Uhhhh :yikes:

F MInus

Mark Trail

When the chickens become a problem, release the foxes.

Mary Worth

I'M A FAN OF SAVORY BAKED GOODS :mitt:

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Pooch Cafe doesn't get much attention, but it's frequently good. I think it's another under-the-radar good one.

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

loving whales. Think they're so great.

Flash Gordon

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Just catching up jumping on to Rex Morgan. Who is the dude in the cast and why does he hate the good doctor?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's Rene, he's a forger and scam artist who has had numerous recent run ins with the Morgan family and friends, notably teaching art to the daughter during her prime Demon child phase, until he was tracked down by some gangster former associates and faked his own death.

He's done some other things recently involving acting as a fraudulent self-help guru who stole (and then modified to a not inconsiderable degree such that it became commercially successful) a self help programme, and converted good old boy Mudd the rowdy country guitarist/singer into a boring poo poo who was his commercial partner and now cares about other people.

He hates Rex by association, because he's been getting in trouble ever since he met him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mokotow posted:

Just catching up jumping on to Rex Morgan. Who is the dude in the cast and why does he hate the good doctor?

A recurring con artist. Tried to claim Rex's kid had copied her art off him when it became popular, ran a fake therapy scam and tried to kill someone who would recognize him, then the therapy scam actually worked and he "went straight" promoting it until it was revealed he plagarized that. A few other things as well.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Hope this ends with Keith having three consecutive heart attacks

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I hate that this kid is dressed like Calvin.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

But what if he was flying the plane straight down into the ground from directly above it when releasing the pea nutsack you disgusting foxbutt?

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Black Bean has a tendency to stare and likes to hide.

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

I had to do the bus maneuver with my trumpet too!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Hoo boy, that’s a handful. ‘24’s the year for it, I guess.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

:btroll::btroll:ME WANT MEAT. ONLY MEAT. MUFFIN MUST HAVE MEAT. NO VEGETARY. MEAT GOOD. :btroll::btroll:

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

If he thinks he's having a bad day now, wait until he gets the bill.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Video games are for boys. Cooking is for girls.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

The more you think about it, the sketchier this entire "unknown commander" thing gets. I know it's a part of Phantom lore since way back, but spotlighting it in a storyline like this just draws attention to how hosed up it is.

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I admit I'm no expert in matters legal, but I'm under the impression that once the gavel has come down and a plea deal is finalized, it's done and they can't just go back and undo it, even if it becomes obvious that they let the criminal off way too lightly. Ref: the QAnon shaman, or that Canadian serial killer lady.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

Not that we have seen Uchida showing a great track record on the “listening to doctors” front, but I am unsure to what, if any, degree, moderate drinking while pregnant was seen as OK in Japan in 1990.

Bardiche Hotel

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Powered Descent posted:

The more you think about it, the sketchier this entire "unknown commander" thing gets. I know it's a part of Phantom lore since way back, but spotlighting it in a storyline like this just draws attention to how hosed up it is.

I admit I'm no expert in matters legal, but I'm under the impression that once the gavel has come down and a plea deal is finalized, it's done and they can't just go back and undo it, even if it becomes obvious that they let the criminal off way too lightly. Ref: the QAnon shaman, or that Canadian serial killer lady.

Nope.
Ref: Hunter Biden.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

hate it when the god of three dimensional space changes their curtains, cutting off my telepathic communication

at least give some warning

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The framing of this as being an irrational superstitious fear is ridiculous. If you live in a place where gigantic flies can pick up children and take them to faraway nests to eat them, then of course you're being punished for living above ground! That's like living next to a swamp and being surprised that alligators keep grabbing your kids!

The better question is how our superior white human overlords are planning to protect against future giant fly attacks. I'm not sure we'd have the technology to protect against such things today if giant fly attacks were a real concern, let alone eighty years ago while marooned on an alien planet. And even if we could, whatever solution we'd come up with would almost certainly be far more work than just living in a place where giant flies can't attack children in the first place.

edit never mind

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 21, 2024

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Dang god of three dimensional space, why must you change the curtains now?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Shoko understood what would happen if a shooting star came to her planet...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Shoko understood what would happen if a shooting star came to her planet...

It's probably something fine "the only thing more real than that was her Despair" don't worry about it