Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

On the plus side, his pleas for money seem to be getting more desperate :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

GOT YOUR rear end!!! Tomorrow morning there are gonna be 5,000 posts on X proving you WRONG. WOO YEAH WOO YEAH WOO *self applause*

Alex has big "Jim Crow era racist sicking the white mob on innocent black people" energy

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So where's the tomorrow x research?

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I wonder why he felt so confident that the Twitter mobs were supposedly on his side, and would even care? We know from the early-early episodes that he's not about audience plants and other types of claque, but bot-networks on Twitter operate in text-only, with little support for 3 hour long videos. Maybe he's been out of the Twitter game for too long to have remembered that detail.

I know when he did that oppositional interview with the Weather Underground guy, he let slip halfway through the thing that the goal was to get something embarrassing on tape or to misleadingly edit something to match, and then use that media for months afterward to drive traffic. However, at the time he actually had a video editor on staff. Maybe he doesn't anymore? ... or maybe the only video editor he's got doesn't have the time to sift through 3 hours of incoherent yelling.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Morroque posted:

I wonder why he felt so confident that the Twitter mobs were supposedly on his side, and would even care? We know from the early-early episodes that he's not about audience plants and other types of claque, but bot-networks on Twitter operate in text-only, with little support for 3 hour long videos. Maybe he's been out of the Twitter game for too long to have remembered that detail.
It’s cause, like a lot of folks, his own Twitter feed is almost exclusively people who are already hardcore committed to his side.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Upsidads posted:

Hed play the gently caress out of Gor and Mage WOD

Alex jones would never, ever be able to get a whole table of people together to play mage the ascension

gently caress, I have never been able to get a whole table of people together to play mage the ascension. Hunter, werewolf, and vampire all have draws, but mage is so complicated and requires so much thought about your character, I have never been able to get more than one or two people to show interest in it

By the time he finished explaining the technocracy to a potential player, there would be a smoke and dust outline where they had been standing

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Alex has scammed tens of thousands of people for several decades into wasting money on gold and dick pills while filling their heads with nonsense about a global elite of pedophiles he conveniently never has the time to get around to showing the proof for and you think he'd have trouble getting a handful of people to play a loving game? He might not ever be able to get a group of friends to do it, primarily because I think all his friends are those of convenience and wouldn't want to voluntarily spend time with him doing something that doesn't profit them, but he could absolutely scam a group of his listeners into doing it or just bully his employees into it if it really came down to it. Those people would probably be miserable and not understand half what's going on; but that seems to be par for the course for them anyway and I've no doubt plenty of them would do it if he asked/shouted.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Nah. I'm still on team get Alex into D&D rather than Mage.

'Listen. Vecna promises if you just give up your hand and eye he'll whisper to you his terrible secrets, but it's a lie. How do I know all this? Let me tell you again about that time I was eating chicken in a restaurant when a Solar turned up and cast Foresight on me.....
'

Edit: Say, is Alex doing much with Steven Crowder now or did that not pan out either?

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jan 22, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

tsob posted:

Those people would probably be miserable and not understand half what's going on; but that seems to be par for the course for them anyway and I've no doubt plenty of them would do it if he asked/shouted.

If I wanted to run a one man show of a tabletop game for a group of stuffed animals, that would be fine, but that isn’t playing an actual game

I am just bellyaching that mage is hard as hell to wind up getting a group together for

Alex would wind up like me, reading all the splatbooks about the NWO and technocracy and such and never getting to actually play :smith:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Newest episode is some great fun stuff.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Digital Jedi posted:

Newest episode is some great fun stuff.

I love the customer service phone calls

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

rotinaj posted:

If I wanted to run a one man show of a tabletop game for a group of stuffed animals, that would be fine, but that isn’t playing an actual game

I am just bellyaching that mage is hard as hell to wind up getting a group together for

Alex would wind up like me, reading all the splatbooks about the NWO and technocracy and such and never getting to actually play :smith:

nMage*, Mage : the Awakening, is actually quite playable and much easier to get a game for than oMage, Mage : the Ascension. The fluff is different but thematically similar, and it's built in a tool-box way to be more playable rather than mostly for toilet reading. It still had tons of problems (it was made by White Wolf, after all) but it was a marked improvement across the board.

*which is actually pretty old now

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Devor posted:

I love the customer service phone calls

I love how annoyed Alex gets at having to deal with that kind of low level poo poo; the saga of Speckles is the highlight though.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

How to sell dick pills.
"Folks"
holds up pick pill bottle
"This is the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory of dick pills, but what I'm gonna tell you is some spaced age stuff.
The big brain science folks were only able to make one of these a "golden ticket"
IT JUST WORKS, and it's permanent.
They won't tell me which bottle it's even in, we don't even know if we sold it already. We won't know who got it.
But if you buy one of these bottles
It
Just
Might
Be
You"
*Pops open and drinks bottle*

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Froghammer posted:

:siren: Alex thinks the Chaos god from Warhammer are real :siren:

I thought you were joking until I listened to the episode.

Also I know where Alex learned Clarke's fake bio, he watched this same show I did as a kid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYL8gfj30Gg&t=58s

Double feature with the one Nimoy hosted.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Spooky Scary Skeletons, Wearing Fezes All The Time!

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Grand Fromage posted:

I thought you were joking until I listened to the episode.

Also I know where Alex learned Clarke's fake bio, he watched this same show I did as a kid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYL8gfj30Gg&t=58s

Double feature with the one Nimoy hosted.

A lot of people like to conflate "conceptualized" with "invented".

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

These last two episodes have been fantastic. I hope there's more chicken-level stuff in the future.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Yeah, this most recent episode in particular was incredibly refreshing. Hard to believe there was a time when Alex would have dedicated a stretch of his show to "The Shriners and Satan were in a book making skeletons and I saw one of the skeletons and the skeleton was wearing a fez".

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

The era when InfoWars could just be a normal show full of harmless cranks between having interviews with open Nazis.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I never like the vintage eps as much I want to look into the sheer abyss of the modern day as much as possible. It’s an election year for chrissakes.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Reset Wars when

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I kinda look on the flashbacks as a cleansing palette before we return to the modern madness.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Deptfordx posted:

I kinda look on the flashbacks as a cleansing palette before we return to the modern madness.

It's the closest thing we have to Wacky Wednesday.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I think the past is "interesting" when it is about regular people with relatively mundane problems. The thing about the pre-internet age is that access to broadcast media was quite restrictive. Maybe for good reason, maybe for bad reason, but it was something that most people wouldn't have access to. So people would have to put up with TV and radio being a thing in their lives, but it was a one-way relationship. A super-important thing of national significance, but it could only be important at you rather than with you. Within this environment, a huckster like Alex comes along, and promotes the outward appearance of sharing access to his platform. Whether or not he actually is sharing his platform is up for debate, but that appearance of accessibility is a valued commodity in the broadcast age.

It's not exactly a free lunch though. The purpose of this appearance of access to regular people serves the purpose of lending legitimacy to Alex's actual platform targets, who were most assuredly not regular people, but could be made to appear so by proxy. Even at the time, these platform targets were always con artists or racist psychopaths out committing actual crimes. Even at the time, Alex was always like this.

It is still noteworthy that nothing from the last episode would be anything modern day Alex could relate to. ... Though even here, he could only "relate" to them insofar as they were useful to his self-insert government oppression fanfiction.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I also had to Google it and, yeah,

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

He looks so concerned about his enormous penis.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

it's been like that for several hours, he's gonna have to go see a doctor

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

AI art generators will never match up to independent amateur author obscure book covers.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Xiahou Dun posted:

He looks so concerned about his enormous penis.

Color Printer posted:

it's been like that for several hours, he's gonna have to go see a doctor

OKAY GOOD it's not just me

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Going to take a page from Alex and end every sentence I say with "and it sheds!" from now on.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
“Chicken law…Mondays….on Fox”

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

teen witch posted:

“Chicken law…Mondays….on Fox”

Aw man. It's already been cancled :smith:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I think it's supposed to be a panther breathing evil satanic energy

Instead it's a penis

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Fantasy and scifi novel covers are the real thing we should be retvrn pining over, the ones these days are way lamer than they used to be

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Chuck Tingle single-handedly keeping the genre alive

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Tbf to the caller from South Carolina in today's episode, McMaster is a worthless piece of poo poo so assuming he hasn't done anything you want him to do is a given

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
N... T... Z...

N... T... Z...

That's Nancy..... Tom..... Zulu

Nancy Tom Zulu. NTZ. Short for Nita... zoxanide. Nitazoxanide.

N-I-T-A-Z-O-X-A-N-I-D-Z [sic]

NTZ

Nancy Tom Zulu

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tree Dude posted:

N... T... Z...

N... T... Z...

That's Nancy..... Tom..... Zulu

Nancy Tom Zulu. NTZ. Short for Nita... zoxanide. Nitazoxanide.

N-I-T-A-Z-O-X-A-N-I-D-Z [sic]

Nancy Tom Zulu

Homeboy should have realized he was standing in a pool of gas and was lighting matches by the second NTZ repetition

Just totally ruined himself for Alex