Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

smoobles posted:

Which manufacturer is doing the best ultra thin TVs these days? I'm looking for something to install into a wall, as flatly as possible because it's a small room.

LG OLED probably. With style points going to Samsung’s Frame line, for being slightly less thing, but substantially better camouflage, and the Samsung S95C for having a single wire to the TV, with all of your IO being on a seperate breakout box that’s easier to hide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

smoobles posted:

Which manufacturer is doing the best ultra thin TVs these days? I'm looking for something to install into a wall, as flatly as possible because it's a small room.

Lg g3&m3/g4/m4 or Samsung The Wall, The Wall, The Wall!

Basically any tv where the manufacturer has the brain and i/o ports ina separate box connected by a cable.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

kri kri posted:

That one guy

Sorry, that was entirely too vague of me. This guy’s videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft2ZNI7ON5U

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
“Yeah once you see the inter dimensional portal you’re almost there”

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Flowing Thot posted:

Ordered a LG C3 and I've never seen an OLED TV in person before, is there any good Youtube channels or playlists and so on that has demos with good HDR content I can watch and make myself feel good about my purchase? Any movies that are must see in OLED?

Resurrecting this question because I've just watched it:

Sin City is basically a must-see. gently caress me, I just finished watching it a few minutes ago and the blacks in it are practically made for this technology.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

Breetai posted:

Resurrecting this question because I've just watched it:

Sin City is basically a must-see. gently caress me, I just finished watching it a few minutes ago and the blacks in it are practically made for this technology.

Oh this is a good idea.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

LG - 77" Class G2 Series OLED evo 4K UHD Smart webOS TV with Gallery Design

$2300. Good deal?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Anyone knowledgable on Sharp AQUOS sets? My conference room has two that are side by side, guessing they are the same model, but are displaying different aspect ratios or stretch/fill/zoom settings. I was able to "fix" one by going into View Mode -> Dot-by-dot, but they are still mismatched and the other is already at that same setting.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

GreenNight posted:

$2300. Good deal?

What’s the retailer?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

kri kri posted:

What’s the retailer?

Best Buy.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

GreenNight posted:

$2300. Good deal?

Nice, just remember that it's a 2 year old TV at this point and needs to be wall mounted (it includes the mount).

The military exchange currently has the 77" C3 for $2500 and the G3 for $3800 if you want to get comparable prices.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Anyone knowledgable on Sharp AQUOS sets? My conference room has two that are side by side, guessing they are the same model, but are displaying different aspect ratios or stretch/fill/zoom settings. I was able to "fix" one by going into View Mode -> Dot-by-dot, but they are still mismatched and the other is already at that same setting.

There isn't an aspect/zoom button on the remote?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

You loving believe I bought it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Where is that at?

Edit: Best Buy. $3600 on their website. Goddamn. I'd also have immediately purchased that.

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 20, 2024

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Best Buy Outlet in Brockton, MA. Drove an hour thinking I might get an okay deal on a C3 or a G2, but expected to be disappointed. They had exactly one of these on the floor. I stood next to it guarding it like an eagle with her eggs.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Best Buy Outlet in Brockton, MA. Drove an hour thinking I might get an okay deal on a C3 or a G2, but expected to be disappointed. They had exactly one of these on the floor. I stood next to it guarding it like an eagle with her eggs.

No kidding. I've been super on the fence about dropping $2400 total for a 77" G2 oled. My 65" B7 has burn in, but it's not super bad yet.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Honestly, if you have a BB outlet near you, give it a shot.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I wonder if an 83" would fit between my windows.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

How many neck surgeries have you had

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Is that lens distortion or is that thing really looming over the room?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The bottom of the TV is about 42 inches off the floor. I wish it was six inches lower but works out OK. I have a tall couch which helps. I hate looking up at a TV. The TV is angled down as well.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

My humble advice is a shorter TV stand

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

6 inches lower? That tv should be like 20 inches lower.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It's fine. I'm not tearing out the built in.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Tear it out

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

r/tvtoohigh

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

What the hell. I live down the street from there, the only thing I ever saw when I went in there was a shitload of washing machines and refrigerators.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

GreenNight posted:

I wonder if an 83" would fit between my windows.

I don't think this is that high? I have two 77s and they're mounted higher than that I think, but I might have the couches further away.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

I don't think this is that high? I have two 77s and they're mounted higher than that I think, but I might have the couches further away.

its too high op

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I'm in the market for a new TV, it's replacing a 40" Panasonic that has done well but is too small nowadays. The space it's going in will take a 55" but I think a 65 will be too big. I've ended up with some vouchers for an electronics shop and have narrowed it down to either a LG C3 or a Sony A95K.

https://www.mediamarkt.ch/de/product/_lg-oled55c37la-2179569.html
https://www.mediamarkt.ch/de/product/_sony-xr-55a95k-2124400.html

It's pretty much just going to be used to watch movies on, will be plugged into a PC initially but I think ultimately a Mac Mini.

What's the better one of these options? Or other TV from that shop if you can be bothered to look. I don't want a Samsung as I've had various poo poo products from them in the past and am fed up with them.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
At least it's not above a fireplace!

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Existing TV as you can see is much too small

(this appears to be a Nazi documentary I was watching when I took the photo???)

Had a new media thing made which is very nice and Not Too Tall

knox_harrington fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 21, 2024

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Kingtheninja posted:

Lol. Your TVs are way too high. Eye level with the centre is optimal.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

knox_harrington posted:

Existing TV as you can see is much too small

(this appears to be a Nazi documentary I was watching when I took the photo???)

Had a new media thing made which is very nice and Not Too Tall

Are you sure a 65" would be too large? It's hard to tell from the photos, but it looks to me like a distance and space that you wouldn't regret going larger if your budget allows.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

A Proper Uppercut posted:

What the hell. I live down the street from there, the only thing I ever saw when I went in there was a shitload of washing machines and refrigerators.
It is indeed mostly washing machines and fridges, but they have a pretty good selection of TVs.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
You need some room treatment. Carpet on floor, acoustic tiles behind speakers, etc.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Cugel the Clever posted:

At least it's not above a fireplace!

Oh boy, I'm going to stir the pot here.

In my defense, it's the only good place for the tv to go in this room. Measures about 62 inches off the ground and the couch is 12.5 feet away. Not ideal but my basement setup is much better (and darker, and where the 4k player is).

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
You can tell from arm chair just how God drat high that TV is.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
You install an extendable mount at the proper height. The TV is going to be there for ever so no issue with putting holes in the fancy moulding or tile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Is that a dog? Post pictures of your dog and I'll give you an official thread indulgence to overlook your fireplace TV.

Edit: The bigger sin is that sad sound bar.