Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Popy posted:

bro were the gently caress is House of The Dragon season 2 already it feels like its been forever since S1

gimmie the slop ive been playin a bunch of crusader kings and mount n' blade
come back in half a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

eight episodes every four years is fine actually

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

ArmedZombie posted:

oh he's finnish?

he's finnish'd

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
watched Out Of Time tonight for a classic Denzel Flick.

love the explicit explanation of what gps is and how it works so the plot makes sense to people who are only just starting to understand the panopticon under which we all live.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

i say swears online posted:

eight episodes every four years is fine actually
it's on brand

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Watched Busting (1974) starring Elliot Gould and Robert Blake. The movie is ok, but interesting watch. A tad homophobic and very anti sex work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeTXt2Ac3og

busting makes me feel good

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Woohoo, Alec Baldwin indicted for manslaughter. He definitely did it under every ethical lens and legal framework.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

Woohoo, Alec Baldwin indicted for manslaughter. He definitely did it under every ethical lens and legal framework.

law enforcement helping the housing crisis

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...st-shooting.amp

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
lol i forgot the part about his wife lying to him about being a spaniard

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

LIterallyABikeshop posted:

rings of power is good as hell. sorry goons! pumped for season 2

I don't know that I'd go that far but it managed to rise to the lofty heights of "watchable" which is honestly more than I expected from an "original" Lord of the Rings prequel. P

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

house of the dragon kicked the poo poo out of rings of power and wheel of time. i went into all three with low expectations because lol obviously but dragon was worth watching

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Wheel of Time is so bad. season 2 had nothing worth watching except for the hot villain ladies

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

Wheel of Time is so bad. season 2 had nothing worth watching except for the hot villain ladies

i liked seeing my favorite characters on screen like loial and saying "hey there's loial, from the books"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah that's part of what I liked about Rings of Power so I get it. I just wish they wrote it better. is Nyneeve such a whimpering loser in the books

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

yeah that's part of what I liked about Rings of Power so I get it. I just wish they wrote it better. is Nyneeve such a whimpering loser in the books

yeah pretty funny that WoT has been such a dogshit show but the one character from the books i absolutely hated is really cool now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Which one

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

indigi posted:

is Nyneeve such a whimpering loser in the books

Yes

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

indigi posted:

nope she rocks and gently caress the show for that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maybe it's because i read the books when i was 15 and saw the show when i was 38 but in the books she was The Worst

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Elliot Gould ftw

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Having Galadriel and Elrond appear the same age and be best buds was a bizarre choice considering she becomes his mother in law and her daughter is definitely around when the show takes place.

Rings of Power probably would have been a lot better if Galadriel wasn't a main character and instead it was her daughter or handmaiden or something.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

Having Galadriel and Elrond appear the same age and be best buds was a bizarre choice considering she becomes his mother in law and her daughter is definitely around when the show takes place.

Rings of Power probably would have been a lot better if Galadriel wasn't a main character and instead it was her daughter or handmaiden or something.

they're effectively the same age. until elves are as old as Cirdan (over 10,000 solar years) they just look like they're in their 30s/40s

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So what I’m thinking is that Tom Bombadil should be played by Sam Lake.

my bony fealty posted:

But also she’s much older than him considering she’s a Noldor who came from Valinor.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

exmarx posted:

in 2003, i cried after watching return of the king because they cut the scouring of the shire :frogbon:

jackson cut out the part that showed how the hobbits had grown, and how saruman was a petty little bitch in favor of some boring poo poo about sam getting married -_-

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'd have been down for a 4 hour theatrical cut of RotK but I’m not sure New Line would of gone for it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

love the explicit explanation of what gps is and how it works so the plot makes sense to people who are only just starting to understand the panopticon under which we all live.

Enemy of the State is good for this as well. panopticon discourse

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

KirbyKhan posted:

Did he?
I heard we were all scape goatint the nepo baby prop person

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

this is an awesome underrated '00s Denzel flick. by Carl Franklin, same guy who directed One False Move and Devil in a Blue Dress!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I don't think I've ever actually seen the LOTR trilogy. I remember a friend got me to watch his DVD copy of Fellowship back in the day, but I'm pretty sure I slept through most of it. Might have to pencil them in soon.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

cool

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Redezga posted:

I'm watching Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, and was thinking about how its impressive that the character sort of aged pretty well for a spy whose shtick is making love and sex puns.

Then it got to a scene where he has to use this chunky Acer laptop to get an email through AOL with the whole "You got mail" thing happening, and it made me realise its been almost as long between the release of this movie and now as it was between when they froze Austin Powers in the sixties and unfroze him in 1997.

Considering all the sex comedy characters with a similar schtick in movies that I remember coming out just after 1997 that didn't age well at all, it just made that initial assessment of the character all the more impressive.

these kinds of characters only age poorly because theyre implicitly presented as a kind of idealized masculine standard the whole joke of austin powers is that he doesnt even remotely resemble any kind of idealized masculinity so everything he says and does just comes off as silly rather than worthy of emulation

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

except the part where he tells the drunk girl he's not going to kiss her

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im glancing over the plot summary of passport to pimlico and im really scratching my head as to how exactly its possible to make a wayne worlds sequel that is so similar to it youd be facing down lawsuits if you tried to actually put it into production

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I've been catching episodes of 'In The Heat of The Night' on Sunday mornings and am a bit sad that Grace Under Fire isn't actually a spinoff of the series.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the unemulated austin powers

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I don't think I've ever actually seen the LOTR trilogy. I remember a friend got me to watch his DVD copy of Fellowship back in the day, but I'm pretty sure I slept through most of it. Might have to pencil them in soon.

watching all 3 LOTR extended cut movies on a downpour rainy day ordering chinese food/takeout is very ftw

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Xaris posted:

watching all 3 LOTR extended cut movies on a downpour rainy day ordering chinese food/takeout is very ftw

uh you gonna smoke weed with that or what?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

uh you gonna smoke weed with that or what?

oh yeah of course, i forgot to mention thats a requirement too

or rather pack in a bunch of edibles for the day

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Dave Thomas would have been a great comedic relief imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It was the original 8 hour long video essay